Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,697 members, 7,862,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:51 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2148957 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) ... (1744) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 2:12pm On May 23
FEGEITOK:
How much would it cost to get a Lithium Ion or LifePO4 jumpstart package?
12v 100ah lifepo4 lithium battery, with inbuilt 1600w(800w continious power) pure sine wave inverter/20A charger (switches over to utility source once it becomes available)@450k
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 3:12pm On May 23
@Xanderone I have installed Jordy-Ele 15kva wall mount supplied by @Zeestone for a client working okay. Infact, the client NEPA supply na bad one sometimes 90v - 110v but stabilize 220v to inverter without shaking
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 3:31pm On May 23
idsolar:
@Xanderone I have installed Jordy-Ele 15kva wall mount supplied by @Zeestone for a client working okay. Infact, the client NEPA supply na bad one sometimes 90v - 110v but stabilize 220v to inverter without shaking

Thanks. How long has it been in use by the client?

I need to take my time on this stab issue and critically weigh my choice before taking the plunge. That LG AC mis-purchase is still giving me PTSD.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 3:51pm On May 23
Xanderone:

I need to take my time on this stab issue and critically weigh my choice before taking the plunge. That LG AC mis-purchase is still giving me PTSD.
Lol.. i understand that feeling.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 3:52pm On May 23
Please anyone with idea on how to connect a 48v battery equaliser to a 48v battery bank of 4s2p...??(8batteries)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:41pm On May 23
kristien4:
Please anyone with idea on how to connect a 48v battery equaliser to a 48v battery bank of 4s2p...??(8batteries)

It's best you follow the manual of the one you bought. Here's a 48v battery balancer from PowMr. May or may not be the same with the one you have.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:47pm On May 23
Xanderone:

Okay. I'll search further. Thanks.

Edited: I've spotted some. And they're even way cheaper than the A&E and Prag offerings. Great.

Jiji prices are often suggestions. You get the real price when you contact the seller. All the best.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 5:38pm On May 23
mctfopt:

It's best you follow the manual of the one you bought. Here's a 48v battery balancer from PowMr. May or may not be the same with the one you have.
Yes, i understand the read and black wires in the diagram, but what are those white wires, is is part of the connection for the equaliser?? If u notice, there is a white wire running across each series, na that one dey confuse me..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 5:47pm On May 23
mctfopt:

Jiji prices are often suggestions. You get the real price when you contact the seller. All the best.

Lol. Toh. God epp us 😂
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ibietela2(m): 5:57pm On May 23
Please who has tested the growatt's ES5000 without battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 6:05pm On May 23
Update on the AC:

So I toyed around with some of the functions few hours ago.

° Immediately after turning it on, I started by running it in Jet mode to rapidly cool down the room. Consumption ramped up to the usual 1070w -ish. The room cooled down from 30deg to 27deg in about 30 minutes after which the Jet mode then automatically (as is indicated in the manual) changed from Jet mode to regular mode. The indicator on the remote control also indicated the change.

° At that point, the consumption had dropped to 940w and another one hour it dropped further to 840 watts. At this point I pressed the "Gen mode" button repeatedly but expectedly no obvious response or change in consumption.

° Next, I fondled with the "mode" button and to select the "Automatic mode" on the remote. Then following the manual instructions on the use of the mode function (picture attached), I selected "number 2" (keep room cold), and the internal fan ramped down its speed but the vanes kept moving and I also noticed that the external unit fan also stopped and the consumption dropped to 15w. It remained at 15w for about 30 minutes after which I drove out somewhere and left it on but monitoring the consumption on the phone. Apparently it was recirculating the already cold air that is in the room.

° Another one hour and I noticed that the consumption had ramped up to 271w and stayed there. Since I wasn't at home, I couldn't tell what was going on. I came home after 2 hours and noticed that the external unit had kicked in, and was probably responsible for that ramp up to 271w from the initial 15w. The room temperature remained at between 26deg to 27deg. It's four hours after and the consumption had further dipped to 267w

It seems there is something "energy saving" about this unit after all. Although I assume temperatures still get to as low as 18 deg with these ACs, the 26 degrees notwithstanding is adequate for a lone me in the room.

I guess cos of that "automatic mode", if it again senses ambient temperature rise due to presence of increased number of people in the room, it will likely ramp up the consumption further to do the job to maintain the expected cooling temperature.

NB: Pardon the long story. I just felt being detailed enough helps to inform readers, and maybe prospective users, better on these things.

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:28pm On May 23
ibietela2:
Please who has tested the growatt's ES5000 without battery?

Sorry to ask, why will you want to run this test? You do realise even if it works and sun dips, as it usually does, that whatever load the inverter is powering will go off?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:30pm On May 23
Xanderone:
Update on the AC:

° Another one hour and I noticed that the consumption had ramped up to 271w and stayed there. Since I wasn't at home, I couldn't tell what was going on. I came home after 2 hours and noticed that the external unit had kicked in, and was probably responsible for that ramp up to 271w from the initial 15w. The room temperature remained at between 26deg to 27deg. It's four hours after and the consumption had further dipped to 267w

It seems there is something "energy saving" about this unit after all. Although I assume temperatures still get to as low as 18 deg with these ACs, the 26 degrees notwithstanding is adequate for a lone me in the room.

NB: Pardon the long story. I just felt being detailed enough helps to inform readers, and maybe prospective users, better on these things.

This is good to hear.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:49pm On May 23
kristien4:
Yes, i understand the read and black wires in the diagram, but what are those white wires, is is part of the connection for the equaliser?? If u notice, there is a white wire running across each series, na that one dey confuse me..

Yes, those white wires are part of the sensor wires to check the individual battery voltages. Maybe another image attached will help.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Xanderone: 6:52pm On May 23
mctfopt:

This is good to hear.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:33pm On May 23
Xanderone:
Update on the AC:

° Immediately after turning it on, I started by running it in Jet mode to rapidly cool down the room. Consumption ramped up to the usual 1070w -ish. The room cooled down from 30deg to 27deg in about 30 minutes after which the Jet mode then automatically (as is indicated in the manual) changed from Jet mode to regular mode. The indicator on the remote control also indicated the change.

° At that point, the consumption had dropped to 940w and another one hour it dropped further to 840 watts. At this point I pressed the "Gen mode" button repeatedly but expectedly no obvious response or change in consumption.

° Next, I fondled with the "mode" button and to select the "Automatic mode" on the remote. Then following the manual instructions on the use of the mode function (picture attached), I selected "number 2" (keep room cold), and the internal fan ramped down its speed but the vanes kept moving and I also noticed that the external unit fan also stopped and the consumption dropped to 15w. It remained at 15w for about 30 minutes after which I drove out somewhere and left it on but monitoring the consumption on the phone. Apparently it was recirculating the already cold air that is in the room.

I guess cos of that "automatic mode", if it again senses ambient temperature rise due to presence of increased number of people in the room, it will likely ramp up the consumption further to do the job to maintain the expected cooling temperature.

Great post, thanks for updating.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by FEGEITOK: 9:21pm On May 23
Valto:
12v 100ah lifepo4 lithium battery, with inbuilt 1600w(800w continious power) pure sine wave inverter/20A charger (switches over to utility source once it becomes available)@450k

This is a mixup.

I wanted a 4 battery pack that I can use to jumpstart the car and if I am very adventurous, I can use it instead of the LA battery in my car.

I just need 4 cells and a BMS.

Hence the expression jumpstart pack
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by uctomide(m): 10:31pm On May 23
Good evening to all Bosses
Please I need suggestions and recommendations for a 24v battery
To connect with my mercury inverter 2400v
Total load in the house is 380w (this is inclusive of A fridge 130w)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:50pm On May 23
uctomide:
Good evening to all Bosses
Please I need suggestions and recommendations for a 24v battery
To connect with my mercury inverter 2400v
Total load in the house is 380w (this is inclusive of A fridge 130w)

Buy any DIY 100aH Lifepo4 battery from couplers here.

Or buy from Sako.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 11:03pm On May 23
Its true. Installed recently about a month plus now. Impressed with d low voltage handling, compactness and quietness.
Xanderone:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:54pm On May 23
Xanderone:

buy a stabilizer that picks from low voltage --80v, those that pick from 120v perform poorly if your voltage is very low.
ae dunamis is good, if it has issues, u can send it back for repairs under warranty if within 1 yr...or out of pocket payment if more... if your area is prone to erratic over voltage from nepa..try and protect the stabilizer with these digital avr , zeestone sells it

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by uctomide(m): 11:58pm On May 23
HeavenlyBang:

Buy any DIY 100aH Lifepo4 battery from couplers here.

Or buy from Sako.

Thanks for the reply... I will look into getting the price and align
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 12:31am On May 24
FEGEITOK:

This is a mixup.

I wanted a 4 battery pack that I can use to jumpstart the car and if I am very adventurous, I can use it instead of the LA battery in my car.

4 cells, you can even use those Smaller LFP 30AH cells, that allow up to 8C discharge
and get a BMS that can handle ~300A surge.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EmmanuelCena(m): 4:13am On May 24
earthrealm:

buy a stabilizer that picks from low voltage --80v, those that pick from 120v perform poorly if your voltage is very low.
ae dunamis is good, if it has issues, u can send it back for repairs under warranty if within 1 yr...or out of pocket payment if more... if your area is prone to erratic over voltage from nepa..try and protect the stabilizer with these digital avr , zeestone sells it

Good morning,

My question is off the solar discussion.

I intend to purchase a 5Kva stabilizer to boost the low voltage supply.

I intend to connect it to my Freezer, and TV

My question is should I go for the conventional big century Stabilizer or a wall mounted stabilizer?
What are the differences in terms of durability and performance?
If there a re better brands I could get also, I'd appreciate.

cc: Jonescosmos
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:43am On May 24
FEGEITOK:

This is a mixup.

I bought grade B 100AH Sinopoly lithium cells in China 4 years ago for this. Battery still in use for such practice till today. Crazy thing I'm using it without BMS. smiley

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 6:53am On May 24
EmmanuelCena:

Good morning,

My question is off the solar discussion.

I intend to purchase a 5Kva stabilizer to boost the low voltage supply.

I intend to connect it to my Freezer, and TV

My question is should I go for the conventional big century Stabilizer or a wall mounted stabilizer?
What are the differences in terms of durability and performance?
If there a re better brands I could get also, I'd appreciate.

cc: Jonescosmos

For the 5KVA range of stabilizer, Haier Thermocool is your best pick. I have installed more than 50 units for various clients. Both Wall and Desk Mount has the same components.
Both models performs excellently. While the wall mount gives you a nice and clean installation finishing appearance.

Make sure you buy it from Thermocool showrooms directly.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ibietela2(m): 6:59am On May 24
mctfopt:

Sorry to ask, why will you want to run this test? You do realise even if it works and sun dips, as it usually does, that whatever load the inverter is powering will go off?

Yes I know
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chymer(m): 7:53am On May 24
Valto:

Hi Valto, I need 280AH EVE cells and JK BMS, for a 24v battery pack. Or if you have an already battery ypack that meets this specifications, I would love to know the price. You can as well drop your Whatsapp let's talk.
Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:22am On May 24
Xanderone:
Update on the AC:

Enjoy your AC bro, it's energy efficient, maybe na you no know how to configure am since.

No go buy another AC.

BTW, which inverter are you using and what app is showing you that reading?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 8:38am On May 24
My 36 year old nepa meter in my house in the village.... House was built in 1988....those days when a whole duplex have to survive on 30amps maximum,over 35Mwh consumed, a perfect example of if its not broken don't fix it grin

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 8:53am On May 24
chymer:

Hi Valto, I need 280AH EVE cells and JK BMS, for a 24v battery pack. Or if you have an already battery ypack that meets this specifications, I would love to know the price. You can as well drop your Whatsapp let's talk.
Thanks
brand new 300ah cells available. 24v 300ah 7,680kwh with 150A Bluetooth bms available! whatsapp 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 8:55am On May 24
mctfopt:

Yes, those white wires are part of the sensor wires to check the individual battery voltages. Maybe another image attached will help.
i get it now. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1716) (1717) (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) ... (1744) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.