Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,853 members, 7,862,793 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:47 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2150253 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) ... (1744) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 10:06pm On May 25
silverng:

Where can I purchase original Jinko solar panels?

We can deliver to you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 10:41pm On May 25
moneyest:

Congratulations on winning the FA cup boss👏🏾

SAKO has seriously caught my attention lately. Do you know anything about their support services? It looks very solid and affordable but the problem now is that I don't know if it's part of the chop and clean mouth crew like my man Wesley Fofana Sneijder grin

Money is extremely hard to come by and throwing millions into the atlantic ocean is definitely not part of anyone's agenda in this great tinubulation

Make we manage the cup na, maybe ETH go win EPL next season, the insults too much from Blue fans.

I know they have office in Alaba, am sure they will handle support for you.

3 years warranty no be joke.

SAKO no be FOFANA.

I was told they're out of stock for less than 5kw.

Go for 5.5kw or 6.2kw and maybe remote Wifi if you need such, but am sure you would.

5.5kw starting voltage is 120vdc, nominal is 240vdv.

6.2kw starting voltage is 60vdc, nominal is 360vdv.

I prefer low starting voltage due to bad weather.

Any new product is more likely to be SOLID to gain trust, hence 3yrs W*******.

Contact them for price.

Less than 470k should get you both 6.2kw & Remote Wifi.

I prefer them to Growatt of 700k plus with 1yr Warranty.

Sellers and Agents, am not spoiling your market oh, just answering questions.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by brightk(m): 6:33am On May 26
TechGeek777:

Make we manage the cup na, maybe ETH go win EPL next season, the insults too much from Blue fans.

SAKO no be FOFANA.

Go for 5.5kw or 6.2kw and maybe remote Wifi if you need such, but am sure you would.

Contact them for price.

how do i reach out to sako
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneyest(m): 6:36am On May 26
TechGeek777:

SAKO no be FOFANA.

Contact them for price.

Stopeet cheesy
You and I know the bald headed stiff neck cannot win the premier league unless the league is about stubbornness grin

By the way, this SAKO warranty is hooge oo. Are you sure it's not like the promises men make on the bed while --------------[fill in the blank spaces]
"Oh baby, I'll buy you a Gulfstream" grin & if the inverter develops a fault under 3 months and you activate the warranty, they'll quickly place it in friendzone and it will remain there in perpetuity

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nahum777(m): 6:57am On May 26
mctfopt:

Have friends in the US is the best option. Or use third party shipper like https://heroshe.com/
I live in the US. How do they ship it down to you? Heroshe charges $5/lbs and that's quite expensive.

If you know a good way that's fast and reliable, I could help people ship stuff from here.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:37am On May 26

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:49am On May 26
moneyest:

Stopeet cheesy
You and I know the bald headed stiff neck cannot win the premier league unless the league is about stubbornness grin

By the way, this SAKO warranty is hooge oo. Are you sure it's not like the promises men make on the bed while --------------[fill in the blank spaces]
"Oh baby, I'll buy you a Gulfstream" grin & if the inverter develops a fault under 3 months and you activate the warranty, they'll quickly place it in friendzone and it will remain there in perpetuity

I can't be 100% sure of their warranty, but the decision is yours.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saxwizard(m): 9:16am On May 26
Someone mentioned a CC with inbuilt Bluetooth

I kind of missed the name of the CC.

Kindly assist with the name

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 9:26am On May 26
saxwizard:
Someone mentioned a CC with inbuilt Bluetooth

I kind of missed the name of the CC.

Kindly assist with the name

Thank you

We have lumiax mppt controllers with inbuilt Bluetooth.
View parameters and alter settings via mobile app

Lumiax 60a 12/24/48v mppt charge controller - 215k
Lumiax 40a 12/24v mppt charge controller - 125k

Call/chat - 08117398294
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 10:14am On May 26
Nahum777:
I live in the US. How do they ship it down to you? Heroshe charges $5/lbs and that's quite expensive.

If you know a good way that's fast and reliable, I could help people ship stuff from here.

Ok. Heorshe is fast though a lil pricy. But you can also check out www.bodylanguageshippingandcargo.com if you are in NJ
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 10:36am On May 26
durodee:
The Monbats were in service for about 3years+. The first two years in my house under monitored use and the later part used for business and well abused. The were replaced in my house by my first set of lithium in 2020. The lithium pack was bought USED from someone here on Nairaland who just coupled his own. I changed the BMS to Bluetooth enabled BMS not too long ago so I can monitor the cells

Okay, any drop in the lithium performance?.. i was thinking of upgrading to lithium soon. All the hype about lithium. Even mobile phones that use lithium battery, over the years the battery does depreciate. Phone wey dey last one full day after purchase, 6months later, e no go reach again..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mank1234(m): 11:26am On May 26
kristien4:
Okay, any drop in the lithium performance?.. i was thinking of upgrading to lithium soon. All the hype about lithium. Even mobile phones that use lithium battery, over the years the battery does depreciate. Phone wey dey last one full day after purchase, 6months later, e no go reach again..

My 5 year old phone must have done over 3k cycles by now and I guess the capacity would have reduced to close to 80%.

If your phone is not doing that, it means the charging system is not suitable. Charger supplies 5v, your phone is responble for sensing when battery is full and cutting off power supply to the battery. It's also responsible for knowing what voltage it should consider as empty and shutting down.

It's same for inverter/bms. There's no hype. There's a reason no EV is using lead acid battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 11:32am On May 26
mank1234:

My 5 year old phone must have done over 3k cycles by now and I guess the capacity would have reduced to close to 80%.

If your phone is not doing that, it means the charging system is not suitable. Charger supplies 5v, your phone is responble for sensing when battery is full and cutting off power supply to the battery. It's also responsible for knowing what voltage it should consider as empty and shutting down.

It's same for inverter/bms. There's no hype. There's a reason no EV is using lead acid battery.
True!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 11:34am On May 26
My jinko 580w watts making me proud.
Rated 13.6amp at STC producing 13amps..

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneyest(m): 11:58am On May 26
TechGeek777:

I can't be 100% of their warranty, but the decision is yours.

Alright boss. Thank you so kindly 🙏🏾
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:08pm On May 26
kristien4:
Please do you check for watts it's receiving or the amps? Is there are four of this Jinko 580w what amps or watts would you get? Do you multiply by 4? Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:48pm On May 26
kristien4:

Incredible. I've never gotten that, max I'm able to do is around 9-10 A. Admittedly my panel placement isn't ideal.

Sapiosexuality:
Please do you check for watts it's receiving or the amps? Is there are four of this Jinko 580w what amps or watts would you get? Do you multiply by 4? Thanks.

Depends on how the panels are wired.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:51pm On May 26
HeavenlyBang:

Depends on how the panels are wired.
they are wired in series.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:02pm On May 26
kristien4:

That is why we advice to buy premium to avoid premium tears smiley

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 1:09pm On May 26
Sapiosexuality:
i was getting 3900watts. I have 8pieces of 580w jinko panel. Thats 487watts per panel.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 1:14pm On May 26
mctfopt:

That is why we advice to buy premium to avoid premium tears smiley
lol.. i swear, i knew about jinko panels from this thread.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:49pm On May 26
Sapiosexuality:
they are wired in series.

Series wiring doesn't affect current, only voltage.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:36pm On May 26
kristien4:
i was getting 3900watts. I have 8pieces of 580w jinko panel. Thats 487watts per panel.
Okay. I got 1.55Kw with 4 Jinko 555W and the sun wasn't really at peak.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:38pm On May 26
HeavenlyBang:

Series wiring doesn't affect current, only voltage.
Okay. Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nahum777(m): 5:00pm On May 26
mctfopt:

Ok. Heorshe is fast though a lil pricy. But you can also check out www.bodylanguageshippingandcargo.com if you are in NJ
So your friends in the US use those companies to send you products? I thought your friends were buying stuff and sending them to you. Anyways, looking at that growatt, it's Kinda cheaper buying it in Nigeria than buying it in the US. So I don't see the significant gain here in that one example. Tax break is just 30% and it's for the whole system not just for an inverter. Except I am not really understanding. I am happy to discuss more about this with you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Danibestguy: 5:12pm On May 26
kristien4:
Is this just for 1 panel?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nahum777(m): 5:23pm On May 26
kristien4:
Are you referring to Lithium-Ion or Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries? The latter tends to have a higher cycle life and typically degrades to 80% of its original capacity after completing its cycle life. Reaching 2,500 - 4,000 cycles in 3 years is only feasible if you are cycling your battery from 0-100% multiple times a day. Most users cycle their batteries between 20% and 80% to extend the cycle life. By doing this, your battery can last for more than 15 years with minimal degradation, primarily due to calendar aging.

Regarding performance drop over time, it's true that lithium batteries, like those in mobile phones, do depreciate. The rate of depreciation can vary significantly based on usage patterns and battery management. Mobile phones often experience faster degradation due to frequent full charge and discharge cycles and exposure to heat (I charge my phone multiple times per day).

For larger lithium battery systems, such as those used in solar energy setups, proper management can mitigate these issues. For example, keeping the battery charge between 20% and 80%, avoiding extreme temperatures, and using a battery management system (BMS) can all help extend the lifespan and maintain performance.

Where you buy your batteries is also crucial. For example, Pylontech batteries are known for their reliability and long lifespan. I cannot vouch for Felicity batteries, as there have been instances of dishonesty reported. They use smaller cells to get their capacity and the battery isn't the capacity they claim it's. I've never used Felicity, just writing based on their reviews and giving examples of where Lithium can fall short not due to the Lithiuk chemistry, but how the battery was packed.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 5:35pm On May 26
Nahum777:
So your friends in the US use those companies to send you products? I thought your friends were buying stuff and sending them to you. Anyways, looking at that growatt, it's Kinda cheaper buying it in Nigeria than buying it in the US. So I don't see the significant gain here in that one example. Tax break is just 30% and it's for the whole system not just for an inverter. Except I am not really understanding. I am happy to discuss more about this with you.

Just providing you the companies you can use to ship things down from there...you don't really have to buy a single Growatt from US to ship down here. It may not be the most cost effective things to do.

My inverter was actually included in a big purchase from Signature solar and their warranty covers it.

It won't be cheaper to just source Chinese product from the US unless there's a deal to be had.

Sometimes I do buy things like phone, power tools,etc from the US, I use heroshe to ship it down or have a friend bring it down when they visit Nigeria, which is often.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TCD: 5:40pm On May 26
Xanderone:
Also this is all I read in the manual about the Gen mode. So it doesn't seem tk be something remotely connected with energy saving mode to me. It looks like something to do with drop in voltage associated with generator when many loads are placed on it.

So since I don't use Gen, but solar, I haven't even tried working with that "Gen mode" button yet grin As in I haven't pressed that button at all.

I have a tuya energy monitor/switch inline with the AC, so I'm able to monitor its consumption in-app.

Hello. Could you please share a picture of this Tuya energy monitoring switch you have? Also how much is it and where can one get it? Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Mrreed(m): 5:49pm On May 26
Except you will ship by sea, Heroshe charges $8/ lbs and this will almost double the cost of the inverter.
mctfopt:

Just providing you the companies you can use to ship things down from there...you don't really have to buy a single Growatt from US to ship down here. It may not be the most cost effective things to do.

My inverter was actually included in a big purchase from Signature solar and their warranty covers it.

It won't be cheaper to just source Chinese product from the US unless there's a deal to be had.

Sometimes I do buy things like phone, power tools,etc from the US, I use heroshe to ship it down or have a friend bring it down when they visit Nigeria, which is often.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 6:00pm On May 26
Mrreed:
Except you will ship by sea, Heroshe charges $8/ lbs and this will almost double the cost of the inverter.
Does herorshe have ship by sea option??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Davion: 6:32pm On May 26
jonescosmos:

Please resist the urge. E get why.

They provide support via their vendors on ground, they don't have service centers, so they don't repair, vendors can only claim warrantee and parts will be dispatched to them. You as a buyer bought the item after it has been on vendor's shelf for half a year, you bring it in for a fix after ten months, vendors warrantee with the manufacturer ended six months ago.

Now you understand why some vendors will stop replying your emails and calls and the postings will last almost forever until you tire out and move with your life.

Hello Bro, I am trying to get in touch with you about your experience with the 16kw Deye inverter. Saw your post a while back on your not-so-good experience. I specifically need to buy a 16kw Deye and I am hoping to learn from your mistakes and hopefully buy a proper single 16kw, as that is exactly what I want. I don't want to parallel two 8kw. Is it possible to have your email for private communication?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) ... (1744) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Drgreatone and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.