Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,834 members, 7,862,745 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:50 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2150160 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) ... (1744) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 11:26pm On May 24
[quote author=jonescosmos post=130127700][/quote]

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 7:02am On May 25
The Chinese Inverters give better support than this Homaya from my experience.

My Schneider Homaya inverter that I didn't enjoy for up to 3 months is still with them almost one year now

First they were giving stories,

Now they aren't replying to emails or support tickets.

When I have time I would take it up.
moneyest:
Homaya pro s4000 and spf 5000es which is better?

@jonescosmos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 7:30am On May 25
moneyest:
Homaya pro s4000 and spf 5000es which is better?

@jonescosmos

opps, I must have missed this question.

I would go for Growatt SPF 5000 ES anytime and over. The truth is Schneider Electric Homaya Pro S4000 Inverter is Transformer based.
From my experience with Transformer based inverters, they are not perfect at Battery Management or Battery Saving. Some are not very Intelligent also.
The only advantage I may have spotted is that Transformer based are better to handle inductive loads than the Transformerless.

Side by side key points has been listed as the PROS and CONS of both designs.

Transformer-based

PROS

Due to the complexity in their designs, transformer inverters are built with electrical isolation between DC and AC circuits which lowers the risk of shock and surges.
They are rugged and suitable for inductive load.

CONS

Transformer inverters require extra components which comes at an extra cost, making them more expensive than transformerless inverters.
They are usually bulky and take up more space.

Transformerless

PROS

Transformerless inverters are much lighter and compact compared to the transformer-based inverters.
With Transformerless inverters energy losses are avoided as well as extra components costs, making it more affordable.
Transformerless inverters use electronic (rather than mechanical) switching, thereby reducing the amount of heat generated by the inverter.

CONS

Transformerless inverters are more prone to surges and shocks because they are less complex in design. Although, some inverters come with inbuilt surge protectors to avert that, it is advisable to use external surge protectors for safety purposes.

Finally, THE CHOICE IS ACTUALLY YOURS

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by swagifted(m): 8:57am On May 25
gadgetplanetng:

My Schneider Homaya inverter that I didn't enjoy for up to 3 months is still with them almost one year now

and i almost buy this homaya last year o
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 9:17am On May 25
swagifted:

Please resist the urge. E get why.

They provide support via their vendors on ground, they don't have service centers, so they don't repair, vendors can only claim warrantee and parts will be dispatched to them. You as a buyer bought the item after it has been on vendor's shelf for half a year, you bring it in for a fix after ten months, vendors warrantee with the manufacturer ended six months ago.

Now you understand why some vendors will stop replying your emails and calls and the postings will last almost forever until you tire out and move with your life.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneyest(m): 9:38am On May 25
gadgetplanetng:

Sorry for your experience my brother. Please take it up oo. Imagine swallowing 1.2mil in broad daylight and still refusing to offer support. This is a timely advice and I'll avoid the inverter like a plague. Many thanks for your contribution
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneyest(m): 9:39am On May 25
jonescosmos:

opps, I must have missed this question.

I would go for Growatt SPF 5000 ES anytime and over. The truth is Schneider Electric Homaya Pro S4000 Inverter is Transformer based.
From my experience with Transformer based inverters, they are not perfect at Battery Management or Battery Saving. Some are not very Intelligent also.
The only advantage I may have spotted is that Transformer based are better to handle inductive loads than the Transformerless.

Side by side key points has been listed as the PROS and CONS of both designs.

Transformer-based

PROS

Due to the complexity in their designs, transformer inverters are built with electrical isolation between DC and AC circuits which lowers the risk of shock and surges.
They are rugged and suitable for inductive load.

CONS

Transformer inverters require extra components which comes at an extra cost, making them more expensive than transformerless inverters.
They are usually bulky and take up more space.

Transformerless

PROS

Transformerless inverters are much lighter and compact compared to the transformer-based inverters.
With Transformerless inverters energy losses are avoided as well as extra components costs, making it more affordable.
Transformerless inverters use electronic (rather than mechanical) switching, thereby reducing the amount of heat generated by the inverter.

CONS

Transformerless inverters are more prone to surges and shocks because they are less complex in design. Although, some inverters come with inbuilt surge protectors to avert that, it is advisable to use external surge protectors for safety purposes.

Finally, THE CHOICE IS ACTUALLY YOURS

Thank you so kindly, chief. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 9:42am On May 25
Oh wow. This actually makes sense. I understand why some situations usually lead to serious fights. And to the company, they have made their money and vendors don't wanna be at the losing end either...

jonescosmos:

Please resist the urge. E get why.

They provide support via their vendors on ground, they don't have service centers, so they don't repair, vendors can only claim warrantee and parts will be dispatched to them. You as a buyer bought the item after it has been on vendor's shelf for half a year, you bring it in for a fix after ten months, vendors warrantee with the manufacturer ended six months ago.

Now you understand why some vendors will stop replying your emails and calls and the postings will last almost forever until you tire out and move with your life.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 9:44am On May 25
Good thing say you avoid them. There is one currently giving a client serious headache, I don propose he gets another inverter brand preferably Deye.

swagifted:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by luvlyoracle(m): 9:59am On May 25
All things solar installation and troubleshooting in Warri I am available
Contact me.
Ready to travel also
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Hybrid600: 10:02am On May 25
Abeg arrange better banga with fresh fish and periwinkle. I go take ukodo after the installation. 😎

luvlyoracle:
All things solar installation and troubleshooting in Warri I am available
Contact me.
Ready to travel also
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:32am On May 25
Valto:
48v 300ah 15360kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available
48v 172ah 8857kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available@1.7m
24v 172ah 4.4kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available @890k
24v 280ah 7168kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available @ 1.350m
24v 300ah 7,680kwh lifepo4 lithium battery @1.550m
12v 280ah 3,584kwh lifepo4 lithium battery available @700k
large quantity of brand new 300ah lifepo4 lithium battery cells available, huge discount on quantity. comes with actual capacity test results of 315ah and
above, complete busbars,screws and epoxy
boards
12v/24v pure sine wave sachet inverter available
12v /24v 20A dedicated lifepo4 lithium battery charger available
whatsapp 08020574628 or telegram@vvalto

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ibietela2(m): 11:36am On May 25
Justice629:

Yes! If enough pv power is available or connected to grid

great, thanks... will get one.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by gadgetplanetng: 12:46pm On May 25
And the worst part is I bought it because of the name

My friends with TBB and even Soccer Power that bought same time as I did, when they had issues they were fixed immediately and returned
moneyest:

Sorry for your experience my brother. Please take it up oo. Imagine swallowing 1.2mil in broad daylight and still refusing to offer support. This is a timely advice and I'll avoid the inverter like a plague. Many thanks for your contribution

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by silverng: 12:48pm On May 25
Hello guys!

I'd like to get a 5kva inverter. Btw Felicity, Growatt and Mercury hybrid inverter, which would you recommend that can work with a cworth 7kwh lithium battery?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 1:05pm On May 25
silverng:
Hello guys!

I'd like to get a 5kva inverter. Btw Felicity, Growatt and Mercury hybrid inverter, which would you recommend that can work with a cworth 7kwh lithium battery?

Growatt!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Drgreatone: 2:04pm On May 25
silverng:
Hello guys!

Felicity I know gives 5yrs warranty, I hear no stories asked. Dunno abt the others.
Sako is also coming up and gives 3yrs warranty
Sms sef dey okay, 1 year warranty and seeing as they av a repair center at Alaba and respond promptly to fixing a faulty inverter from my personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by silverng: 2:14pm On May 25
Dam5reey:

Growatt!

Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by silverng: 2:14pm On May 25
Drgreatone:

Felicity I know gives 5yrs warranty, I hear no stories asked. Dunno abt the others.
Sako is also coming up and gives 3yrs warranty
Sms sef dey okay, 1 year warranty and seeing as they av a repair center at Alaba and respond promptly to fixing a faulty inverter from my personal experience.

Someone recommended sms to me but it's the first time I am hearing about them
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:02pm On May 25
silverng:
Hello guys!

SRNE.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:04pm On May 25
ojeysky:
280AH brand new Eve lifepo4 cells @140k(minimum 8 units but can give discount if buying bulk)
320A peak and 300A peak ANT smart BMS also available 120k and 100k each respectively

Cells still available
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneyest(m): 6:44pm On May 25
gadgetplanetng:
And the worst part is I bought it because of the name

My friends with TBB and even Soccer Power that bought same time as I did, when they had issues they were fixed immediately and returned

I was also considering it because of the big name - Schneider. I never knew I was better off with even Andre Onana inverter grin
Anybody who avoids honouring warranty is a thief. Let's not sugarcoat it.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 7:36pm On May 25
moneyest:

I was also considering it because of the big name - Schneider. I never knew I was better off with even Andre Onana inverter grin
Anybody who avoids honouring warranty is a thief. Let's not sugarcoat it.

That guy made us proud today, FA Cup na still something.

What's the essence of selling something you can't vouch (Warranty) for?

1yr Warranty is nothing.

If you're buying inverter or battery bank, minimum should be 3yrs, money no be water since past administration.

Go for SAKO Inverter.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by osayuwamwen(m): 7:57pm On May 25
Can someone recommend me a good 12v non hybrid inverter that is battery efficient
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by toscotech(m): 8:35pm On May 25
Powmr 60a
for sale

negotiable
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Justice629(m): 9:02pm On May 25
isangjohnson:

How's Calabar weather?

very cloudy from dawn to about 2-3pm and annoyingly clear skies at night
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by moneyest(m): 9:14pm On May 25
TechGeek777:

That guy made us proud today, FA Cup na still something.

What's the essence of selling something you can't vouch (Warranty) for?

1yr Warranty is nothing.

If you're buying inverter or battery bank, minimum should be 3yrs, money no be water since past administration.

Go for SAKO Inverter.

Congratulations on winning the FA cup boss👏🏾

SAKO has seriously caught my attention lately. Do you know anything about their support services? It looks very solid and affordable but the problem now is that I don't know if it's part of the chop and clean mouth crew like my man Wesley Fofana Sneijder grin

Money is extremely hard to come by and throwing millions into the atlantic ocean is definitely not part of anyone's agenda in this great tinubulation

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 9:26pm On May 25
cheesy grin
Na the pipes connected to the valve outlets. Came with the batteries

Trippledots:

Why you put tourniquet for the battery body? E de hospital?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by silverng: 9:31pm On May 25
silverng:
Hello guys!

Where can I purchase original Jinko solar panels?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 9:35pm On May 25
The Monbats were in service for about 3years+. The first two years in my house under monitored use and the later part used for business and well abused. The were replaced in my house by my first set of lithium in 2020. The lithium pack was bought USED from someone here on Nairaland who just coupled his own. I changed the BMS to Bluetooth enabled BMS not too long ago so I can monitor the cells

kristien4:
How many years did they serve? And how long have u used lithium now?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 9:38pm On May 25
What our guy from Jos has been up to lately.....

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/GJRJ6kCkra84t6ar/?mibextid=xfxF2i

durodee:
I have bought four packs in all from him over the years. Transactions were unpressured and he responded to the issues with one of the packs as professionally as possible. Sometime he will be offline for days, placing a normal call or text message will make him check his whatsapp.
We all have our peculiarities and while he is the best person to explain his actions in this case, "quick-grab-money " attitude is not one of his vices!.
Is it possible he is on site outside network area?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by sharks776(m): 9:53pm On May 25
silverng:

Where can I purchase original Jinko solar panels?

https://www.fouanistore.com/ng/en/products/power-solutions

(1) (2) (3) ... (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) ... (1744) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.