Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,932 members, 7,863,297 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:45 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (1723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2150817 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) ... (1745) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 7:02pm On May 26
Due to my needs, I have added two other packs to the @ 5kwh pack to a total of @15kwh. Though I don't monitor daily or that frequently for that matter, I have not seen any unexpected behavior outside what is expected , based on the way I use them.
Nothing lasts forever, but one thing I never wish for is to go back to Lead acids. In Yoruba , it is called APADASIBURU (return to evil). If newer technology comes, I am very open. When I see videos of people lugging tubular batteries up and down, I tend to pity them and wonder why some people are still riding bicycles uphill when the direction to their destination is downhill.
If you have Lead acids now, by all means use them but please please my brother, there is absolutely nothing to gain by buying Lead acids in 2024.
I have used Sagem 4 sim phones before. Wonderful phone for 2005 but not for 2025. I hope you get my point.
kristien4:
Okay, any drop in the lithium performance?.. i was thinking of upgrading to lithium soon. All the hype about lithium. Even mobile phones that use lithium battery, over the years the battery does depreciate. Phone wey dey last one full day after purchase, 6months later, e no go reach again..

11 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nahum777(m): 7:23pm On May 26
mctfopt:

Just providing you the companies you can use to ship things down from there...you don't really have to buy a single Growatt from US to ship down here. It may not be the most cost effective things to do.

My inverter was actually included in a big purchase from Signature solar and their warranty covers it.

It won't be cheaper to just source Chinese product from the US unless there's a deal to be had.

Sometimes I do buy things like phone, power tools,etc from the US, I use heroshe to ship it down or have a friend bring it down when they visit Nigeria, which is often.
I see. How feasible is travelling with a Growatt inverter from US to Nigeria? 🤣🤣.

Just kidding here. It makes more sense to me now that your friends bring stuff from US to Nigeria. I thought they were shipping it to you directly, which is something I was looking forward to do. But like you said, shipping a single thing isn't viable.

I have bought some EG4 batteries and Solar Panels from Signature Solar in the past. Pretty good deal.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nahum777(m): 7:41pm On May 26
mctfopt:

Just providing you the companies you can use to ship things down from there...you don't really have to buy a single Growatt from US to ship down here. It may not be the most cost effective things to do.

My inverter was actually included in a big purchase from Signature solar and their warranty covers it.

It won't be cheaper to just source Chinese product from the US unless there's a deal to be had.

Sometimes I do buy things like phone, power tools,etc from the US, I use heroshe to ship it down or have a friend bring it down when they visit Nigeria, which is often.
Also, it's kinda cheap to ship from China to US if you know the right people. Only thing is that it might take time to get to you. For example, I have bought a couple 280AH, 304AH EVE cells from China for my own DIY battery. I bought JK BMS as well for a 48V 14kw / 15kw battery set up. Signature solar sells their EG4 PowerPro for around $3700-$4000 minus shipping and sales tax. Importing battery cells from China cost me around $2000 for the entire setup + shipping.

American companies buy things from China and increase the price by 3 folds. Importing from China can be a viable option. I wanted to build my own battery packs using Apexium DIY kit and ship them to Nigeria. The shipping would be outrageous and might not make sense. Shipping from China to US isn't that bad.

So I guess my family in Nigeria can't have nice things 🤣

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Edrizz(m): 7:54pm On May 26
kristien4:
My jinko 580w watts making me proud.
Rated 13.6amp at STC producing 13amps..

A string or 2 strings of panels connected in series n parallel?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dollarnaira: 8:01pm On May 26
Original Jinko solar panels.
Authorize dealer.
Delivery available nationwide.
Pay on delivery, LAGOS ONLY.

475WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS-140,000
550WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS-155,000
555 WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS-160,000
580WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS-175,000
625WATTS JINKO SOLAR PANELS-185,000
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 8:11pm On May 26
Davion:

Hello Bro, I am trying to get in touch with you about your experience with the 16kw Deye inverter. Saw your post a while back on your not-so-good experience. I specifically need to buy a 16kw Deye and I am hoping to learn from your mistakes and hopefully buy a proper single 16kw, as that is exactly what I want. I don't want to parallel two 8kw. Is it possible to have your email for private communication?

You can contact me on:
0 8 0 3 3 2 5 2 1 8 4
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 8:20pm On May 26
kristien4:
i was getting 3900watts. I have 8pieces of 580w jinko panel. Thats 487watts per panel.

What's the size of your battery bank?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jonescosmos: 8:37pm On May 26
kristien4:
i was getting 3900watts. I have 8pieces of 580w jinko panel. Thats 487watts per panel.

You were loosing 16% of the panel power. That falls between STC and NOTC of the panel. Your harvest is good, some panels would not even do up to NOTC.

This is why you should factor in such energy loses in your build. Some people might see this as oversizing but it's not.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:20pm On May 26
durodee:
Due to my needs, I have added two other packs to the @ 5kwh pack to a total of @15kwh. Though I don't monitor daily or that frequently for that matter, I have not seen any unexpected behavior outside what is expected , based on the way I use them.
Nothing lasts forever, but one thing I never wish for is to go back to Lead acids. In Yoruba , it is called APADASIBURU (return to evil). If newer technology comes, I am very open. When I see videos of people lugging tubular batteries up and down, I tend to pity them and wonder why some people are still riding bicycles uphill when the direction to their destination is downhill.
If you have Lead acids now, by all means use them but please please my brother, there is absolutely nothing to gain by buying Lead acids in 2024.
I have used Sagem 4 sim phones before. Wonderful phone for 2005 but not for 2025. I hope you get my point.

Well said

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nexuspulse(m): 9:57pm On May 26
SAKO 550W Solar Panel
5KWH New Cells
5KWH Grade B Cells
5.5KVA Hybrid Inverters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 10:05pm On May 26
durodee:
Wow... very apt. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 10:06pm On May 26
TechGeek777:

What's the size of your battery bank?
4pieces 200ah AGM batteries...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 10:10pm On May 26
Is 8pieces of 580w panel too much for 4pieces 200ah battery??
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 11:25pm On May 26
kristien4:
4pieces 200ah AGM batteries...

Okay
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 11:26pm On May 26
kristien4:
Is 8pieces of 580w panel too much for 4pieces 200ah battery??

You may have to state the C Rating for your battery by looking at what's written on the body
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 12:11am On May 27
TechGeek777:

You may have to state the C Rating for your battery by looking at what's written on the body

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TechGeek777: 12:38am On May 27
[quote author=kristien4 post=130159158][/quote]

Your battery is rated C10(i.e, you shouldn't discharge the battery in less than 10hrs)

200Ah/10 = 20Ah discharge current * norminal voltage(48v) ==> 960w(Don't discharge more than this at any given time).

80A is your Max Charging Current
80A * 48v = 3840w (Don't charge more than this)

Submission: Based on your Pv production of 3900w, your charging Wattage is good.

DON'T discharge more than 960w if you want your battery to see 3-5yrs!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 12:42am On May 27
ROCK BOTTOM SALES!!!

Cworth 25.6v 200ah 5kwh lithium battery "touchscreen LCD model" .... Firm price: 1.050m

5 years standard product warranty!

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kristien4(m): 1:31am On May 27
TechGeek777:

Your battery is rated C10(i.e, you shouldn't discharge the battery in less than 10hrs)

200Ah/10 = 20Ah discharge current * norminal voltage(48v) ==> 960w(Don't discharge more than this at any given time).

Submission: Based on your Pv production of 3900w, your charging Wattage is good.

Thanks boss. I appreciate the info. I wanted to ask, if i add 4 more batteries to make it 8pieces. That's 4s2p(400ah), can i increase the charging current too?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:20am On May 27
Nahum777:

So I guess my family in Nigeria can't have nice things 🤣

You can always buy from China and ship it direct to them. Sea shipping rate is not bad, just takes more time with ETA between 45 to 90 days.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 6:22am On May 27
Nexuspulse:
SAKO 550W Solar Panel
5KWH New Cells
5KWH Grade B Cells
5.5KVA Hybrid Inverters

Please are the new cells grade A? How can one tell the other other is grade B?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nexuspulse(m): 7:15am On May 27
mctfopt:

Please are the new cells grade A? How can one tell the other other is grade B?

New Cells are grade A 6000 Cycles Series. 5 years warranty 6000 Times cycle base on 0.25C at 25°,DOD 80%, with communication protocol, warranty 5 years,life time more than 10 years Communicate procotal with following inverter brand name :Growatt,Voltronic, DEYE, GOODWE, VICTRON, PYLONTEC, SMA, SOFAR and so on, IP20, while new cells grade B is 4000 cycles base on 0.2C at 25°, 3 year warranty, use life over 5 years. Communicate procotal with following inverter brand name :Growatt,Voltronic, DEYE, GOODWE, VICTRON, PYLONTEC, SMA, SOFAR and so on

5120WH New Grade A Cells NGN 1,258,613
5120WH New Grade B Cells NGN 1,113,425

Nationwide Delivery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:26am On May 27
What could be responsible for an inverter reading 0 watts when the sun in early morning sun. I noticed these fluctuations yesterday. It moves from 1.5kw to 500 and even to 100w and less. What could be the problem?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:32am On May 27
Sapiosexuality:
What could be responsible for an inverter reading 0 watts when the sun in early morning sun. I noticed these fluctuations yesterday. It moves from 1.5kw to 500 and even to 100w and less. What could be the problem?

Voltage may be below operating range?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:34am On May 27
HeavenlyBang:

Voltage may be below operating range?
This is the voltage and the charging has started and it just increased. Is there anything I can do to control or regulate it of make it operate fine?

Edit: I think I need time to understand this. I think I see it better now.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:56am On May 27
Sapiosexuality:
This is the voltage and the charging has started and it just increased. Is there anything I can do to control or regulate it of make it operate fine?

Edit: I think I need time to understand this. I think I see it better now.

None of those pictures show PV input voltage.

First is AC output, second is battery voltage. It probably wasn't charging earlier because PV input voltage wasn't high enough.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 8:04am On May 27
Nexuspulse:

New Cells are grade A 6000 Cycles Series. 5 years warranty 6000 Times cycle base on 0.25C at 25°,DOD 80%, with communication protocol, warranty 5 years,life time more than 10 years Communicate procotal with following inverter brand name :Growatt,Voltronic, DEYE, GOODWE, VICTRON, PYLONTEC, SMA, SOFAR and so on, IP20, while new cells grade B is 4000 cycles base on 0.2C at 25°, 3 year warranty, use life over 5 years. Communicate procotal with following inverter brand name :Growatt,Voltronic, DEYE, GOODWE, VICTRON, PYLONTEC, SMA, SOFAR and so on

5120WH New Grade A Cells NGN 1,258,613
5120WH New Grade B Cells NGN 1,113,425

Nationwide Delivery

Interesting to see brand come out and tell us the truth about grades and pricing.. some will just Hide under grade B and claim they are selling cheaper per KWH cause based on these you won't even notice any difference for first year!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Nahum777(m): 8:09am On May 27
mctfopt:

You can always buy from China and ship it direct to them. Sea shipping rate is not bad, just takes more time with ETA between 45 to 90 days.
Your responses have been helpful. What about custom fees and the like? I heard that's a huge problem. If I send $6k worth of Lithium Batteries, the custom dues would be crazy.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 8:13am On May 27
TechGeek777:

Just a Note sir, C-rate is for both Charging and Discharge..

C10 is 20A operating Current for both. Not just for discharge.

Even if you charge at that 80A, the Battery voltage will rise quickly and the Charging current will start to reduce..

This will also result to inefficiency cause when sun is blasting his panels won't be able to push available energy into the battery.

That's why some systems don't last, they are boiling the battery thinking 80A is okay since it's written on it.

At 50 DOD, meaning you only need to push 100AH into the battery, it's best to charge at 20A as per C rate, so in 6-8hours your batteries should float.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey1(m): 8:18am On May 27
kristien4:
Thanks boss. I appreciate the info. I wanted to ask, if i add 4 more batteries to make it 8pieces. That's 4s2p(400ah), can i increase the charging current too?

If you are using Hybrid it will make sense to set max charging current to 20A for 4s and 40A for 4s2p.. anything higher is over charging and will kill the AGM faster.

Why not save for Lithium! Where you can do up to 0.5C charging. That's 100A on a 48V 200Ah

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:28am On May 27
Nahum777:
Your responses have been helpful. What about custom fees and the like? I heard that's a huge problem. If I send $6k worth of Lithium Batteries, the custom dues would be crazy.

Never paid ₦1 as custom duty for all the sea shipping I've done so far. Must've been factored into the shipping cost.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:50am On May 27
HeavenlyBang:

None of those pictures show PV input voltage.

First is AC output, second is battery voltage. It probably wasn't charging earlier because PV input voltage wasn't high enough.
Yeah. That was it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) ... (1745) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Phobos19, Ealiserwest(m), Dharyhor and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.