Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,396 members, 7,812,161 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2049902 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (1684) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
DMerciful:
Any device rated 12v can use even a ship battery provided the battery is 12v. The load draws the current it is designed to draw!

correct!!

I thought u meant to charge the fan battery with the car, via a parallel connection.

...but yeah, I've run that rechargeable fan with a 100ah battery so I agree.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
Expl0rers:

its not a rechargeable fan

then, I really don't see how you can run it off a DC source without any form of inverter (car or house inverter) sad
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
has anyone used on of those rechargeable bulbs before? the time you screw in ur light fixtures, lick a regular bulb.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Expl0rers: 7:22pm On Feb 16, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

then, I really don't see how you can run it off a DC source without any form of inverter (car or house inverter) sad

Thanks bro.
I'll find another option
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Expl0rers:

Thanks bro.
I'll find another option

if you really wanted to cheap it out, then you could get a cigarette lighter socket and a cheap car inverter N5,000. Then you would have to wire the cigarette lighter socket to the battery, then plug in your car inverter into the cigarette lighter socket and then plug your fan into the car inverter AC socket. Then you still have to worry about charging the battery eventually sad

Seems like a long tin sha, but doable.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 8:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
anidat77:
Hello Gurus, I need some clarifications.
I recently observed that my 4pcs of 12V deep cycle batteries connected to my 24v inverter becomes drained to almost trip-off voltage.

My bank gets charged either from the solar panels or Nepa light so by sunset they are 26.6V on good harvest days. I run my petrol generator from 7pm to 11pm if no Nepa, but from 11pm to 7am the batteries power the 3 energy bulbs and 2 fans , max of 200w.

I tested the voltage of each battery and observed that 3 where above 12.3V but one was 10.5V, do I need to replace the 10.5v battery as this could end up draining the system, will this allow the system to retain much of the harvest from my panels so I can use it in the night without discharging all the juice from the batteries before morning?

I know the answer may be obviouse ,but guys grin...recession is biting hard so do forgive and also give me all DIY options too for preventive measures grin grin grin
What is the capacity of the batteries. Your load seem very small 200w for 8 hours is about 66Ah... If those are 200AH batteries then we are talking about 16% of dod. And 33% if 100Ah ...In any case I would be concerned by the why so to prevent future occurance. Size of your cable, size of your panel length between PV cc and cc to battery. A picture would also help. All this is so that house can look at your installation and make suggestions . Prima facie it would seem u were bitten by the threaded series parallel connection problem.. this problem can be miltigated by using proper cables and getting equal length from charger to battery. Using battery balancer and equalisers also help.. for now stick to 2 good batteries since you have a 24v system.. try to see if you can put the bad battery under sustained charge to see if it can be woken but don't count on it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by pdozie: 9:40am On Feb 17, 2017
dapsyra:

Before replacing the batteries, experiment with a good battery balancer first. If the batteries does not improve, the balancer will still be useful on your new battery bank.

You need a balancer that is active during both charging and discharging cycles.

Here is the one I use:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/battery-equalizer-battery-balancer-for-4pcs-12V-battery-connected-in-series-for-48V-battery-system-solar/32643622608.html

As at now (Today) this particular equalizer in the url is finished (Out of stock). You may try this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Battery-equalizer-HA02-4-X-12V-used-for-lead-acid-batteris-Balancer-charger-for-48V-Gel/32530155274.html?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by anidat77(m): 11:47am On Feb 17, 2017
Thanks for all your comments dapsyra: bigrovar, DMerciful.

@ DMerciful...the solar panels are located 90 feet from the charge controller.They are connected with 16mm cables , though the pannels are 6pcs of 200w, connected 2 series x 3 parrallel , 1 harvest a max voltage of 70v and current 9 amps on good days to my 40amps epsolar tracer-A charge controller which charge to my 24v battery bank and also inverter,

@dapsyra & bigrovar : Can I also use same battery equalizer for my 4 batteries , 24 v setup? or are there other devices for 24v setup since it clearly states the device you recommended is for 48v setup.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2017
Are you sure the cables are 16mm? I am talking of the core diameter and not the insulation diameter. If its actually 16mm then check that the panel inclination is about 7 degrees to the horizontal facing south...you are likely to have more harvest but know that harvest depends on the load (state of charge of battery) on the controller. Also use timer switch to put on ur refrigerating loads between 10am-3pm that way solar does more of the powering and as such appreciable power is harvested from the sun.
Who in this thread doesnt love the sun? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
anidat77:
Thanks for all your comments dapsyra: bigrovar, DMerciful.

@ DMerciful...the solar panels are located 90 feet from the charge controller.They are connected with 16mm cables , though the pannels are 6pcs of 200w, connected 2 series x 3 parrallel , 1 harvest a max voltage of 70v and current 9 amps on good days to my 40amps epsolar tracer-A charge controller which charge to my 24v battery bank and also inverter,

@dapsyra & bigrovar : Can I also use same battery equalizer for my 4 batteries , 24 v setup? or are there other devices for 24v setup since it clearly states the device you recommended is for 48v setup.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2017
anidat77:

The equalizer can be used for 24v. It will balance any four 2.4v-12v batteries irrespective of how they are arranged.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2017
For your professional solar and inverter installations @ affordable price, call us on 08117398294, or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com
You can also check out our previous installations on facebook.com/monzpowersolutions

N:B Felicity 5kva/48v inverter now available, 3.5kva still available
We have different brands of inverters and batteries in stock. Thank you
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 1:21pm On Feb 18, 2017
168k....contact me now as this is the best price anywhere cheesy
DMerciful:
All,

Brand new Fangpusun Flexmax 60A mppt solar charge controller for sale at best price.
Whatsapp me on 08035415969 if interested.

Cheers cheesy

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hi all
Using the epever android app ......loving the sun today as always grin

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by goddyior24: 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Good day Gurus.
I wish to know how to properly ground EPSOLAR VS3024AU pwm positive grounding solar controller with solar panels.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 4:58pm On Feb 20, 2017
zeestone99:
For your professional solar and inverter installations @ affordable price, call us on 08117398294, 08033913155 or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com
You can also check out our previous installations on facebook.com/monzpowersolutions

N:B Felicity 5kva/48v inverter now available, 3.5kva still available
We have different brands of inverters and batteries in stock. Thank you

Felicity 3.5kva out of stock, Felicity 5kva/48v still available. Check my signature for contact details
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chikkaobi(m): 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2017
Got Charge Controller MPPT30A for a single 200AH battery, however I saw Battery Capacity configuration which says >= 300AH(Meaning greater or equal to 300AH)
My question is; Can I still use this charge controller on a single 200AH battery without issue?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dapsyra(m): 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
I have one Prag 4KVA Pure Sinewave Inverter for sale. It was used for less than one week before swapping it out due to upgrade.

Price is N220k.

Call 08055356495 if interested.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:24am On Feb 21, 2017
Good morning my ogas, I want to power a signboard with 5 energy saving bulbs with a solar powered inverter that will switch on at 7pm & off at 6am, I also want it to be automatic, pls how do I go about it, i.e list of the things I will need. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
Penuelseun:
Good morning my ogas, I want to power a signboard with 5 energy saving bulbs with a solar powered inverter that will switch on at 7pm & off at 6am, I also want it to be automatic, pls how do I go about it, i.e list of the things I will need. Thanks
you don't need inverter. Just get dc bulbs, cc with dc load or digital timer, you are done
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
JUO:
you don't need inverter. Just get dc bulbs, cc with dc load or digital timer, you are done
How
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2017
JUO:

Won't even need a timer switch if the CC has load control, like the Ep Solar MPPT controllers (IT3415ND, IT4415ND and IT6415ND). The periods it powers the DC loads on and off are programmable. You could even run multiple time schedules or base it on sunlight times.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2017
chikkaobi:
Got Charge Controller MPPT30A for a single 200AH battery, however I saw Battery Capacity configuration which says >= 300AH(Meaning greater or equal to 300AH)
My question is; Can I still use this charge controller on a single 200AH battery without issue?

lets have your full config. or setup by listing them out. few pix can quicken your request from those with similar CC

you may also add your intended load!

alternatively go back to classroom by reading from page one.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 2:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
goddyior24:
Good day Gurus.
I wish to know how to properly ground EPSOLAR VS3024AU pwm positive grounding solar controller with solar panels.

grounding was discussed few pages back. try and check to avoid repetition pls.

check these addition pages by Mank1234 =>https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/151#47676906 and
https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/151#47678332
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chikkaobi(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2017
efuro:

lets have your full config. or setup by listing them out. few pix can quicken your request from those with similar CC

you may also add your intended load!

alternatively go back to classroom by reading from page one.

Here is the picture of the CC working. Couldn't get the load A, because my inverter is connected directly to the battery.
Though I watched some video on youtube which stat that the CC is just a rip-off, because it doesn't have an Inductor, and would waste energy.
Any Idea the effect it might have on the battery?
If it isn't good, I will be ok if you could suggest a CC.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2017
The Atracer of 20A (Tracer2210A) can do this job perfectly. He just need a 50AH deep cycle battery, 150W panels and the CC Tracer2210A . The CC is fully time programmable.
Saipro:

Won't even need a timer switch if the CC has load control, like the Ep Solar MPPT controllers (IT3415ND, IT4415ND and IT6415ND). The periods it powers the DC loads on and off are programmable. You could even run multiple time schedules or base it on sunlight times.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 6:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
chikkaobi:

Here is the picture of the CC working. Couldn't get the load A, because my inverter is connected directly to the battery.
Though I watched some video on youtube which stat that the CC is just a rip-off, because it doesn't have an Inductor, and would waste energy.

Are u using hybrid inverter?
Pls love ur CC. A good CC will save u huge money eventually. left to me just ground Dat ur cc casing with d bus bar for grounding in ur setup. Don't ascribe to + or - earthing till u have funds for dc arrestor

Explore other options from guru pls.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Jamzig1(m): 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2017
Renewable Energy is the solution to Sustainable Energy and Nigeria's Energy Needs.
I would like to quote bigrovar here, "Its cheaper to conserve than it is to generate"
#yaligoesgreen2017 #YALIGoesGreen #renewableenergy #solarenergy

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2017
Get the affordable and solid Atracer 40A mppt CC and have rest of mind. Contact me I have one for sale. cheesy
chikkaobi:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
Brandnew slim front access vrla smf batteries... 150a is 80,000. 180a is 95,000

HURRY ! See signature for my mobile number !!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by peaceland(m): 8:01am On Feb 22, 2017
@ All,
Good morning all.
please need price advice and any inputs on getting a 1-1.5kva hybrid inverter solar system.
Now a necessity.
thanks all.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by 10digit: 9:09am On Feb 22, 2017
@George_D please I really need your help for installation of my solar power kindly email me your phone # at skysafer777@gmail.com.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by chikkaobi(m): 9:57am On Feb 22, 2017
DMerciful:
Get the affordable and solid Atracer 40A mppt CC and have rest of mind. Contact me I have one for sale. cheesy
Mind letting me have an idea of how affordable it is here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (1684) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: SolnergyPower, Mud3x(m), jiz, oloet, primeelectronix, eghos12(m), kristien4(m), Valentinooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.