Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2053502 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (1686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 9:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
DMerciful:
It has better log function than fangpusun due to the fact that fangpusun does not have clock function and thats one of the beauties why i like it. it gives performance at intervals of 10mins which is awesome. it logs daily kwh but u'll have to view it before midnite. most CC SOC reading is not very accurate because of the size and distance of the CC-battery cables which needs the terminal voltage sensor installation cable(comes with epsolar) to improve the accuracy. secondly the amount of load on the battery also affects the SOC accuracy reading.
To be clear. Only the Itracer model of Epsolar (their most premium offering) offers the functionalities you listed. The Tracer A and BN series have very little close to useless logging functionality and their algorithm for calculating SOC can drive the uninitiated mad neither do they have voltage sensing cables. The RN series is even worse. That one has no log function whatsoever, neither does it have adjustable voltage setting. That is their entry level device. Yet Epsolar still gives you the best value for your money. Especially the Tracer A series. BN series should be avoided like a plaque.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
Agreed however these too can be improved using the MT50 remote meter. grin
bigrovar:

To be clear. Only the Itracer model of Epsolar (their most premium offering) offers the functionalities you listed. The Tracer A and BN series have very little close to useless logging functionality and their algorithm for calculating SOC can drive the uninitiated mad neither do they have voltage sensing cables. The RN series is even worse. That one has no log function whatsoever, neither does it have adjustable voltage setting. That is their entry level device. Yet Epsolar still gives you the best value for your money. Especially the Tracer A series. BN series should be avoided like a plaque.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2017
mcTrinity:

Lolz... the SCC SOC algorithm is designed to read in inverse proportion to battery voltage (imagine!) ... I usually see readings like
SOC 45% at 50V
SOC 60% at 49V
SOC 95% at 47V
SOC 100% at 46V.... what the heck!!!?

Lwkmd4h! initially I thought it's either recession was affecting my sight (Lolz) or I don't really know what SOC is again..

But then, Epsolar is a monster!!!! vomits current like kilode!

Hello, i do not agree on the SOC readings stated above .. EP solar (I tracer) rarely does that , guess your (e tracer) might have developed software issues tho .. I have used I Tracer 60a mppt for a while now with ext battery volt sensing cables and temp cables attached & no issues .. Even at 45/50 degree mppt sink temp, it works good .

NOTE , there is a slight variation between I tracer & E tracer series which most users don't know as they go with the ideology that its just "load port" differentials .. I have brand new I Tracer 60a mppt at give away prices of 160k per unit .. Cheers

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:18pm On Jun 06, 2017
DMerciful:
It has better log function than fangpusun due to the fact that fangpusun does not have clock function and thats one of the beauties why i like it. it gives performance at intervals of 10mins which is awesome. it logs daily kwh but u'll have to view it before midnite. most CC SOC reading is not very accurate because of the size and distance of the CC-battery cables which needs the terminal voltage sensor installation cable(comes with epsolar) to improve the accuracy. secondly the amount of load on the battery also affects the SOC accuracy reading.

ooh fangpusen doesnt hv a clock/time function?...how then doe s it log, abi it has zero log capability?
i know about the daily kwh logging, but am psissed u gotta be present to observe it daily.
my morning star, logs data for 30 abi 60days both AH and kwh

@all, noticed something in my quest for an an affordable energy efficient freezer.
a samsung duracool freezer has a 0.72amps current draw and 168w nameplate read about 115w on wattmeter after 8mins in the store
an LG freezer with 1amp current draw kicked in at 120w with the watt meter

from my lil knowledge of physics, i tot p =iv, thus the samsung shud have had a far lower wattage than the LG

Also is it normal for a new freezer to only hv frost from the top down?, tot the frost should cover the entire surface.
note: this is after being on for about 5hrs - no items inside

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
HURRY >> ONLINE DISCOUNTED SALES ...

Yachi solar panels :

80w mono(27500)
100w mono(31000) , 100w poly(29000)
140w mono(38500)
150w mono(40000) , 150w poly(35000)
200w mono(59000)
260w mono(64000)
310w mono(74000)

Solarworld German panels :

315w mono(90000)
325w mono(94000)

EP solar I tracer 60a mppt (160000)
EP solar a series 40a mppt (63500)
MT 50 remote (13000)
Fangpuson 80mppt (175000)
Morningstar lcd ts-m-2 meter (30000)

Magnum 4348 4300w 48v power inverter (900000)

MUST POWER STAR INVERTER- VIL puresinewave Series

4kva 3000W 24V (190,000)
5kva 4000W 48V (270000)
6kva 5000W 24V (290000)
7.5kva 6000w 48v(390000)

PRAG inverter/stabilizers/solar/battery products (call me for mouth watering discounts)

Massive discounted prices on all ;
Solarshop Nig Ltd products , A&E Dunamis products , Datacomm/Voltron products , Joy solar products , Simba & Wandel group of companies products etc

GENUS & LUMINOUS inverters and batteries (call me for appealing discounts)

Your trusted , fast & reliable renewable energy online source .

Smartcell global services
081-350-319-51
Whats app : +234-813-503-1951

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
smilingbolar:
Hi, I need an advice urgently. I want to install 5kva inverter in a duplex,to power 3 led tvs, 1 Ac 1.5 kva all light and 4 fans. Pls, how many batteries do I need? And what products I better?

Yes I believe you called me earlier today and discussed meeting with me briefly . kindly call back so we can reschedule our meeting , cheers !
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 11:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
kiekie1:

Hello, i do not agree on the SOC readings stated above .. EP solar (I tracer) rarely does that , guess your (e tracer) might have developed software issues tho .. I have used I Tracer 60a mppt for a while now with ext battery volt sensing cables and temp cables attached & no issues .. Even at 45/50 degree mppt sink temp, it works good .

NOTE , there is a slight variation between I tracer & E tracer series which most users don't know as they go with the ideology that its just "load port" differentials .. I have brand new I Tracer 60a mppt at give away prices of 160k per unit .. Cheers

yeah... eTracer and iTracer are both manufactured by the same Epsolar and both are great SCCs...
the picture below is the observation... Now the battery was already at LVD (Low Voltage Disconnect) which is around 44V or so, and the SOC was showing 93%...
the voltage sensing cables and temperature sensors are both connected...
The SOC algorithm is what Epsolar needs to work on in the eTracer series
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 11:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
mcTrinity:

yeah... eTracer and iTracer are both manufactured by the same Epsolar and both are great SCCs...
the picture below is the observation... Now the battery was already at LVD (Low Voltage Disconnect) which is around 44V or so, and the SOC was showing 93%...
the voltage sensing cables and temperature sensors are both connected...
The SOC algorithm is what Epsolar needs to work on in the eTracer series

Ok good observation .. Its definitely a rugged mppt to me esp wen its not maliciously abused . I have installed a couple of I Tracers and are all pumping amps till date .. See attached pic of an Abia state solar supply's & installation project less than 2 years old with same I Tracer

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 4:46am On Jun 07, 2017
earthrealm:

though i hate 2 things about my 60a epsolar cc, especially the first point, its standard on MS n fangpusen CC

1. the log is not robust enough, it doesnt log daily kwh/ah harvest daily
2. its soc algorithm is wack, always wrong
the reason why I left them

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 4:53am On Jun 07, 2017
earthrealm:

ooh fangpusen doesnt hv a clock/time function?...how then doe s it log, abi it has zero log capability?
i know about the daily kwh logging, but am psissed u gotta be present to observe it daily.
my morning star, logs data for 30 abi 60days both AH and kwh
Yes the Fangpusun does not use clock to for its log. It has a complex algorithm of determining day and night. I feel it is designed around when sun is up aka when it is charging and when sun is down aka when it is off.. A charge circle is read as day one. It pretty much works and has allowed me keep a log of joy harvest since beginning of this year pretty much. Although it will not give you real time minute by minute log function like those found with Midnight classic. However that function can be added for as little as the $35 it would cost you to buy a raspberry pi 3

@all, noticed something in my quest for an an affordable energy efficient freezer.
a samsung duracool freezer has a 0.72amps current draw and 168w nameplate read about 115w on wattmeter after 8mins in the store
an LG freezer with 1amp current draw kicked in at 120w with the watt meter

from my lil knowledge of physics, i tot p =iv, thus the samsung shud have had a far lower wattage than the LG

Also is it normal for a new freezer to only hv frost from the top down?, tot the frost should cover the entire surface.
note: this is after being on for about 5hrs - no items inside

My too I just got a new freezer o. This time a thermocool. Got one yesterday. Still observing the thing. First test once I unpacked was not encouraging. Was using about 240w. The LG it replaced was a bit bigger at 175l this one is 166l. The later uses 150w and this thermocool uses 100w more than the LG. I still dey observe sha. And yes mine too was frosting from the bottom up.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 5:59am On Jun 07, 2017
Just arrived Felicity Solar products.

DC freezer 200liters dc12v/ac 220v - 240k
Dc refrigerator 182liters(136litres fridge,46 litre freezer) - 250k
3.5kva inverter 24v( 35amps charging current) - 160k
5kva inverter 48v ( 30amps charging current) - 200k
7.5kva 48v (40amps chargin current) - 300k
10kva 48v- 380k

1year warranty for Fridge nd freezer, 2 years warranty for inverters.
service center available here in lagos. Hurry now while stock last.

Solar panels
Flames
300w mono - 70k
250w mono - 60k
250w poly- 55k

Sunshine solar
300watts mono=69k
250watts mono=60k
250watts poly=54k

Fast delivery
Call/whatapp 08117398294

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 6:32am On Jun 07, 2017
bigrovar:

Yes the Fangpusun use clock to for its log. It has a complex algorithm in determining day and night. I feel it is designed around when sun is up aka when it is charging and when sun is down aka when it is off.. A charge period is read as day one. It pretty much works and has allowed me keep a log of joy harvest since beginning of this year pretty much.

My too I just got a new freezer o. This time a thermocool. Got one yesterday. Still observing the thing. First test once I unpacked was not encouraging. Was using about 240w. The LG it replaced was a bit bigger at 175l this one is 166l. The later uses 150w and this thermocool uses 100w more than the LG. I still dey observe sha. And yes mine too was frosting from the bottom up.

hmmmm, yours is frosting from the bottom up?, mine is frosting from the top down!, am suspecting a fault/a leakage, the LG i tested at the shop, started getting cold from the bottom, while the samsung started getting cold from the top, didnt stay long enough at the shop to confirm if the LG developed frost on the whole of the insides . STILL OBSERVING, NIGERIA BEING WHAT IT IS, my only hope is to return and exchange for another product, doubt they will issue a complete refund.this my samsung is 260L, lol i nearly bought the 175L LG, i think it has a 140/130watts energy nameplate.mine has been on now for 12hrs...and still hasnt frosted all through, even though its on the faster cooling option. pls lets observe and compare notes.

freezers are best compared in sizes dimensions/liters . so if a 200l freezer takes 130w, a 300w freezer taking 150w is rated to be more energy efficient, cos its doing more work/chilling a larger volume

thermoccol products are very good, but they dont follow international standards -- aka energy rating, unlike samsung/lg/scanfrost etc, most of their products dont hv an energy rating, L nad samsung freezers do, thus i think HT products wud be chopping wattage like no man biz, my double door almost 6ft 350L HT fridge takes 125w after working for several hrs

so on a cloudy/rainy day so the fang is still able to determine when a new day begings and ends? --
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 7:04am On Jun 07, 2017
earthrealm:

so on a cloudy/rainy day so the fang is still able to determine when a new day begings and ends? --

Cloud/rain does do not mean panel is not supplying
currently/Voltage my watt meter connected to my panel comes up everyday around 6:30am and goes down when it's dark in the evening..
on Sunday it's raining​ and panel still supply about 1A of current..

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by efuro(m): 7:23am On Jun 07, 2017
zeestone99:

DC freezer 200liters dc12v/ac 220v - 240k
Dc refrigerator 182liters(136litres fridge,46 litre freezer) - 250k
3.5kva inverter 24v( 35amps charging current) - 160k
5kva inverter 48v ( 30amps charging current) - 200k
7.5kva 48v (40amps chargin current) - 300k
10kva 48v- 380k

1year warranty for Fridge nd freezer, 2 years warranty for inverters.
service center available here in lagos. Hurry now while stock last.

Solar panels
Flames
300w mono - 70k
250w mono - 60k
250w poly- 55k

Sunshine solar
300watts mono=69k
250watts mono=60k
250watts poly=54k

Fast delivery
Call/whatapp 08117398294

impressive

thank you for uplifting the spirit of solar. am SURE ur sales will improve soon.

LETS KEEP NIGERIA GREAT AGAIN through sustainable /renewable energy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 7:39am On Jun 07, 2017
mcTrinity:
good day house... anybody have any idea how reliable Safepower batteries are.. ? thanks cheers
anyone
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 7:45am On Jun 07, 2017
earthrealm:

though i hate 2 things about my 60a epsolar cc, especially the first point, its standard on MS n fangpusen CC

1. the log is not robust enough, it doesnt log daily kwh/ah harvest daily
2. its soc algorithm is wack, always wrong

Replying in the order of your observations

1. I agree the logs could be improved. One of the reasons I converted it to my backup CC
2. Your observations are accurate. The SOC algorithm is actually quite accurate too. It took about a month of careful (translated as almost hourly) monitoring to decipher how it does it.

First of all, its calculations are based on the values you set for absorb as upper limit and low voltage disconnect as lower limit. Secondly, the percentages are calculated based on those values during typical operation. However, if you successfully complete an absorb charge, the upper limit is recalibrated to the float voltage while the lower limit is recalibrated to your rebulk (boost volt reconnect) voltage. The moment you enter rebulk phase, the calibration drops the lower limit back to low voltage disconnect thus, most times, you'd hardly see it display above 70% unless you hardly ever discharge it below you rebulk voltage.

mcTrinity:

Lolz... the SCC SOC algorithm is designed to read in inverse proportion to battery voltage (imagine!) ... I usually see readings like
SOC 45% at 50V
SOC 60% at 49V
SOC 95% at 47V
SOC 100% at 46V.... what the heck!!!?

Lwkmd4h! initially I thought it's either recession was affecting my sight (Lolz) or I don't really know what SOC is again..

But then, Epsolar is a monster!!!! vomits current like kilode!

That illustration above explains why you might see 95% at 47V (absorb phase) but 100% at 46V (float phase)

DMerciful:
Harvest from my 1kw system......I'm balling grin

Not to rain on your parade but I hope you're aware the CC does slightly overestimates what it does. It however does a good job nonetheless. Opening it up, it appears to have a very similar DC-to-DC conversion system like the MorningStar MPPT CCs. Very efficient. Its Achille's heel (like its prototype, the MorningStar) is in the slower sweep and recalculation algorithm. Outback, Magnum, Midnite and Xantrex MPPT use similar sweep algorithms (very efficient) but have greater conversits you based on your requirements, constraints and budget.

I chose Midnite for personal reasons. I however have a technical reason for porting to Midnite : cloud cover is very fickle where I reside which poses a problem for the slower scanning iTracer. In addition, under similar test conditions, the Outback and Midnite CC charge FLA batteries better. This is a purely personal set of tests run over a period of months. Do not use my inference for your own system design. I accept no culpability if your system detonates.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mcTrinity(m): 7:46am On Jun 07, 2017
zeestone99:
DC freezer 200liters dc12v/ac 220v - 240k Dc refrigerator 182liters(136litres fridge,46 litre freezer) - 250k 3.5kva inverter 24v( 35amps charging current) - 160k 5kva inverter 48v ( 30amps charging current) - 200k 7.5kva 48v (40amps chargin current) - 300k 10kva 48v- 380k
1year warranty for Fridge nd freezer, 2 years warranty for inverters. service center available here in lagos. Hurry now while stock last.
Solar panels Flames 300w mono - 70k 250w mono - 60k 250w poly- 55k
Sunshine solar 300watts mono=69k 250watts mono=60k 250watts poly=54k
Fast delivery Call/whatapp 08117398294

Hmmmm... Good prices you've got....
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by garbamaza: 8:01am On Jun 07, 2017
I need advice on panels array and charge controller appropriate for my luminous 2.5kva 36v with three 150ah (12v each) batteries.
Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 8:29am On Jun 07, 2017
earthrealm:

hmmmm, yours is frosting from the bottom up?, mine is frosting from the top down!, am suspecting a fault/a leakage, the LG i tested at the shop, started getting cold from the bottom, while the samsung started getting cold from the top, didnt stay long enough at the shop to confirm if the LG developed frost on the whole of the insides . STILL OBSERVING, NIGERIA BEING WHAT IT IS, my only hope is to return and exchange for another product, doubt they will issue a complete refund.this my samsung is 260L, lol i nearly bought the 175L LG, i think it has a 140/130watts energy nameplate.mine has been on now for 12hrs...and still hasnt frosted all through, even though its on the faster cooling option. pls lets observe and compare notes.

freezers are best compared in sizes dimensions/liters . so if a 200l freezer takes 130w, a 300w freezer taking 150w is rated to be more energy efficient, cos its doing more work/chilling a larger volume

thermoccol products are very good, but they dont follow international standards -- aka energy rating, unlike samsung/lg/scanfrost etc, most of their products dont hv an energy rating, L nad samsung freezers do, thus i think HT products wud be chopping wattage like no man biz, my double door almost 6ft 350L HT fridge takes 125w after working for several hrs
I suspect a leakage. No waste time return am sharp sharp. I say this because my 175L LG which the Thermocool replaced started its problem by exhibiting the frosting from top to bottom symptom. After which the watt usage dropped considerably from like 150w to like 80w then 60w. A freezer that would be chilling things just after 2 hours would be on for 24 hours and not a speck of ice to be found anywhere. I called someone from LG to have a look and he confirmed I was experiencing leakage. My brother no waste time. return that thing before you finish reading this post. And insist on a new one/product. There would try to convince you and blame it on weather, NEPA, your gen the size of your kitchen.. stand your ground. They would tell you they have sold over 67billion of the same product and not one complain. Still stand your ground. don't allow it to be fixed. Request for a refund.

so on a cloudy/rainy day so the fang is still able to determine when a new day begings and ends?.
No matter the rain (Unless you have a total eclipse of the sun for 12 straight hours) you still get some juice coming in. Remember solar panels only need light to function. My fangtron wakes up as early as 6:30 sometimes but definitely by 6:50 no matter the weather.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 8:41am On Jun 07, 2017
Thanks for ur inputs. We all know that harvest per time depends on d SOC of the batteries n d load connected to the inverter. I have come to realised that most times I use less than what my system can actually do so I do not stress myself for marginal power improvements
Saipro:

Replying in the order of your observations

1. I agree the logs could be improved. One of the reasons I converted it to my backup CC
2. Your observations are accurate. The SOC algorithm is actually quite accurate too. It took about a month of careful (translated as almost hourly) monitoring to decipher how it does it.

First of all, its calculations are based on the values you set for absorb as upper limit and low voltage disconnect as lower limit. Secondly, the percentages are calculated based on those values during typical operation. However, if you successfully complete an absorb charge, the upper limit is recalibrated to the float voltage while the lower limit is recalibrated to your rebulk (boost volt reconnect) voltage. The moment you enter rebulk phase, the calibration drops the lower limit back to low voltage disconnect thus, most times, you'd hardly see it display above 70% unless you hardly ever discharge it below you rebulk voltage.

That illustration above explains why you might see 95% at 47V (absorb phase) but 100% at 46V (float phase)

Not to rain on your parade but I hope you're aware the CC does slightly overestimates what it does. It however does a good job nonetheless. Opening it up, it appears to have a very similar DC-to-DC conversion system like the MorningStar MPPT CCs. Very efficient. Its Achille's heel (like its prototype, the MorningStar) is in the slower sweep and recalculation algorithm. Outback, Magnum, Midnite and Xantrex MPPT use similar sweep algorithms (very efficient) but have greater conversits you based on your requirements, constraints and budget.

I chose Midnite for personal reasons. I however have a technical reason for porting to Midnite : cloud cover is very fickle we slower scanning iTracer. In addition, under similar test conditions, the Outback and Midnite CC charge FLA batteries. This is a purely personal set of tests run over a period of months. Do not use my inference for your own system design. I accept no culpability if your system detonates.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 8:45am On Jun 07, 2017
Saipro:

I chose Midnite for personal reasons. I however have a technical reason for porting to Midnite : cloud cover is very fickle we slower scanning iTracer. In addition, under similar test conditions, the Outback and Midnite CC charge FLA batteries. This is a purely personal set of tests run over a period of months. Do not use my inference for your own system design. I accept no culpability if your system detonates.

This was the exact thing that drove me to Fantron after 3 Tracer experiences. It seems all the tracers (Never tested the Itracer before though) have problems with finding MPP during and cloud pass over. Especially on an hover cast day, or when sudden load is applied on a sunny day when the battery is on float. All the tracers I have would force a restart when it get confused and unable to determine MPP. the worst is the BN series. That thing can stay 10 minutes finding MPP.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:51am On Jun 07, 2017
dejidotun2000:
Between Fangpusun mppt 100/30 and epever 3210A which do you think is better. Thanks

Jst lyk sum1 already said, I ll tk epever because of the display so as to v details on whtz going on in the system. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:53am On Jun 07, 2017
efuro:

impressive

thank you for uplifting the spirit of solar. am SURE ur sales will improve soon.

LETS KEEP NIGERIA GREAT AGAIN through sustainable /renewable energy

Yeah as d dollar keep falling we can only hope price gets better, to allow many of us upgrade our system

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:54am On Jun 07, 2017
mcTrinity:

Yeah we can only hope it gets better
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 8:57am On Jun 07, 2017
bigrovar:

This was the exact thing that drove me to Fantron after 3 Tracer experiences. It seems all the tracers (Never tested the Itracer before though) have problems with finding MPP during and after a cloud cover or when sudden load is applied on a sunny day when the battery is on float. All the tracers I have would force a restart when it get confused and on able to determine MPP. the worst is the BN series. That thing can stay 10 minutes finding MPP.

Nice observation
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeartforGod: 11:35am On Jun 07, 2017
Hello gurus in the house.

I have a problem that needs your professional advice. I have a PV array (total wattage = 1800w ), mounted flat on my roof facing south. Since it was mounted, the max production I have ever seen (on a bright sunny day and the batteries still in bulk mode) is 912w and high kwh ever recorded per day is 5kwh. Today, I was able to get on the roof to check the connections myself and all seems fine. I also measured the tilt of the panels with a protractor and it gave 30degrees tilt. The cable size from PV to cc (70a mppt) is 10mm and the panels are connected in 3 * 2string (6 units of 300w mono). No shading around the panels.

Please guys, what could be the problem issue with my power production??

Please, help figure out what the problem could be.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2017
HeartforGod:

I have a problem that needs your professional advice. I have a PV array (total wattage = 1800w ), mounted flat on my roof facing south. Since it was mounted, the max production I have ever seen (on a bright sunny day and the batteries still in bulk mode) is 912w and high kwh ever recorded per day is 5kwh. Today, I was able to get on the roof to check the connections myself and all seems fine. I also measured the tilt of the panels with a protractor and it gave 30degrees tilt. The cable size from PV to cc (70a mppt) is 10mm and the panels are connected in 3 * 2string (6 units of 300w mono). No shading around the panels.

pls state the type and model of cc you have.
also confirm the distance from ur panels to cc
confirm the distance of cc to batt bank, and type of cable used, how many mm
what is the size of your batt bank?,, are your batteries healthy?

the batt bank affects harvest from panels, as if your load is small or your panels are weak, then it will not be able to draw maximum harvest from your panels
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bigrovar(m): 11:50am On Jun 07, 2017
HeartforGod:

did you do a load test? also what type of controller are you using? If it is any of the known mppt brand (Tracer,Fangpusun,Midnight, outback etc) then try doing a load test. a well installed pv - cc would only give as much as is needed. If your batteries are always in float and your consumption is not up to 912w, you will never be able to drive your system to pick production. Ever since increasing my array to 1.4kw my PMAX has never been above 1.1kw and that is even rare due to the fact that my load is capped at 700w.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by foonshur(m): 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2017
mcTrinity:

Quite agree
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeartforGod: 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
Thanks bigrovar.

The cc is Fangpusun 70a mppt with an external display. I have my HT freezer (240w name plate, though my prag inverter displays 1.8a as current draw for the frezzer) connected to it and runs during the day. fans and TVs stay on once my children come back from school.

On the cc, the bulk indicator light stays on all day while the solar is charging and never goes into absorb or float mode at all. my location is PH.

Extra info i can provide is the battery OC voltage stays around 25.0V (6 units of mercury 220ah FLA connected in series-parralel) after night use. I plan on adding washing machine to the inverter but not having the batteries go into absorb/float is posing as a show stopper for me

(
bigrovar:

did you do a load test? also what type of controller are you using? If it is any of the known mppt brand (Tracer,Fangpusun,Midnight, outback etc) then try doing a load test. a well installed pv - cc would only give as much as is needed. If your batteries are always in float and your consumption is not up to 912w, you will never be able to drive your system to pick production. Ever since increasing my array to 1.4kw my PMAX has never been above 1.1kw and that is even rare due to the fact that my load is capped at 700w.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by HeartforGod: 12:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
Thanks Earthrealm,

My batteries are still performing fine and they are 220ah mercury tubular FLA (15.8kwh battery size). The distance from pv to cc is about 35ft completed with 10mm copper cable. Also, cc is connected to the battery busbar with 2 metre long 25mm fine stranded copper cable.

earthrealm:

pls state the type and model of cc you have.
also confirm the distance from ur panels to cc
confirm the distance of cc to batt bank, and type of cable used, how many mm
what is the size of your batt bank?,, are your batteries healthy?

the batt bank affects harvest from panels, as if your load is small or your panels are weak, then it will not be able to draw maximum harvest from your panels

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (1686) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Mrcalxy(m), diabeticdeals, alosbaba007(m), Valto(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.