Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2052102 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2018
Alejob:

Bros if you carry out due diligence but testing appropriately.....the probability of getting value for money is high. Sometimes the only option just a fairly used battery as funny as that may sound!

out of 10 used batteries buyers, how many know how to carryout this due diligence test? will the seller give you/them room for that test? by the time you factored in all this and that, most buyers will just end up paying for crap batteries. so my brother, used batteries is not for the general public, it is for those that know what they are doing(the 1% remaining). grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2018
2 units of Bluegate 2.8kva inverter available @ 100k

BLUE GATE Inverters are undoubtedly the very latest in the world of back up series packed with a range of user-friendly features and high performance.
Features:

◘Spanking new, in the carton, never used
◘The BG2800 is a 24Vdc 2.8KVA Pure Sine Wave Inverter
◘100% Protection for all Appliances (Rugged Technology)
◘Noiseless in performance
◘Pollution free
◘ Enhances battery life up to 70%
◘ Selectable charging current option between 20A to 40A that ensures faster battery charging
◘Overload with auto reset function.
◘Battery deep discharge protection.
◘Overload and short circuit protection.
◘Over temperature protection device.
◘ Wide input voltage range ensures High Efficiency

See my signature for contact

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DMerciful(m): 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2018
What was the measured VA? VA gives the true consumption!
Alejob:

I am sure of that Sir! LG 49lf5400 on Maximum energy saving mode consumes just 15watt
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Earthrealmlord: 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2018
I Salute all the men in the house
I need advise please.

I have sixteen pieces of 12v 50ah batteries, connected in strings of 4 series and 4 parallel
to make a bank of 48v 200ah. i have been charging with AEDC but due to the epileptic power
supply this days i decided to go solar.

I have an array of nine 260 watts solar panels and a 60ah Yohako Mppt charge controller.

I have an offer to upgrade my current array to fifteen 260 watts solar panels and a new 80ah Outback Flexmax charge controller

My question is will my battery bank made of individual 12v 50ah batteries be able to handle such current?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:46pm On Dec 12, 2018
15 pieces 260watt panels give about 3.9kw rated. Allowing for real life factors and constraints, you should see anywhere from 3kw to 3.2kw yield sustained for any length of time.

With the above your max amps is about 60amps - when you factor in what your loads will consume, you probably have less than 60amps making it into the batteries. Let us say loads are 10amps and you have 50amps net charge going into the batteries. Means you are charging your batteries at 4C/C4 which is a bit steep even for an AGM. If your batteries were flat, you would have force charged them to full in 4 to 5 hours max.

Tendency is for a lead acid battery to run hot with this kind of fast charging. An AGM may take it, Gels and Flooded batteries don't generally like anything more than a C8/C10 charge rate.

So it all boils down to your battery type, Lithium you are probably good, most Flooded and Gel is a big NO. AGMs it would depend on the specific battery.

Because your batteries are 50Ah, they may not be so rugged to withstand a fast charge even though they make up a 200Ah bank. I am interested to know how the battery terminals are configured and how you attached thick gauge cables to what I assume are tiny battery terminals.

I am always in favour of upgrades, I would say get the additional panels and run a test to see if the batteries go above 34°C while fast charging - if not you are good - if they do run hot then you can set your CC not to exceed a particular current on the output. I had to do something like this recently in an install where the PV capacity far exceeded the battery and loads.

Earthrealmlord:
I Salute all the men in the house
I need advise please.

I have sixteen pieces of 12v 50ah batteries, connected in strings of 4 series and 4 parallel
to make a bank of 48v 200ah. i have been charging with AEDC but due to the epileptic power
supply this days i decided to go solar.

I have an array of nine 260 watts solar panels and a 60ah Yohako Mppt charge controller.

I have an offer to upgrade my current array to fifteen 260 watts solar panels and a new 80ah Outback Flexmax charge controller

My question is will my battery bank made of individual 12v 50ah batteries be able to handle such current?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2018
Trippledots:

whats the capacity f his battery bank vs his watthr use per day?

probably he oversized. batteries love to be gently used.

He uses two 12V 200AH batteries with a load that does not exceed 150w.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by foonshur(m): 5:46am On Dec 13, 2018
please gurus in the house I want to ask, will a 1.5kva inverter be able to power 32inch LED TV (X3), home theatre system with tall speakers (X3), lontor standing fan (X3), about 5 energy saving bulbs at the SAME time please
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 5:55am On Dec 13, 2018
foonshur:
please gurus in the house I want to ask, will a 1.5kva inverter be able to power 32inch LED TV (X3), home theatre system with tall speakers (X3), lontor standing fan (X3), about 5 energy saving bulbs at the SAME time please

yes, it will.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by foonshur(m): 6:24am On Dec 13, 2018
earthrealm:

yes, it will.
thanks so much
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Alejob: 7:07am On Dec 13, 2018
foonshur:

You will need at least 4 units of 200ah batteries to enjoy this kind of load. Don't forget not to abuse the depth of discharge......if you deplete the battery too low every night, you battery won't last very long except guy are hooked to lithium battery!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:00am On Dec 13, 2018
May God bless you for this perspective.

Alejob:

You will need at least 4 units of 200ah batteries to enjoy this kind of load. Don't forget not to abuse the depth of discharge......if you deplete the battery too low every night, you battery won't last very long except guy are hooked to lithium battery!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 8:00am On Dec 13, 2018
May God bless you for this perspective!

Alejob:

You will need AT LEAST 4 UNITS of 200ah batteries to enjoy this kind of load. Don't forget not to abuse the depth of discharge......if you deplete the battery too low every night, you battery won't last very long except guy are hooked to lithium battery!

foonshur:
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:06am On Dec 13, 2018
Alejob:

the average 1.5kva inverter may not be abe to charge 4 x 200ah batteries effectively, as most of them output only 10 to 20amps charging current, my luminous ion was 10amps!.
so slapping on 4 units battery without charging them adequately is also suicide

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by foonshur(m): 8:25am On Dec 13, 2018
thanks for the answers... it is safe to say you guys don't want me powering all those loads using an inverter with that power
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2018
If you must, you can introduce a telecomms power supply unit (charger) e.g Emerson or Huawei for extra current at the boost charge phase.

Those telecomms power supply units can put out 40a to 60a and they cost about 25k max second hand. They will assist your batteries to get to absorb faster and then your inverter can now finish the job.

foonshur:
thanks for the answers... it is safe to say you guys don't want me powering all those loads using an inverter with that power

earthrealm:

the average 1.5kva inverter may not be abe to charge 4 x 200ah batteries effectively, as most of them output only 10 to 20amps charging current, my luminous ion was 10amps!.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Earthrealmlord: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
15 pieces 260watt panels give about 3.9kw rated. Allowing for real life factors and constraints, you should see anywhere from 3kw to 3.2kw yield sustained for any length of time.

With the above your max amps is about 60amps - when you factor in what your loads will consume, you probably have less than 60amps making it into the batteries. Let us say loads are 10amps and you have 50amps net charge going into the batteries. Means you are charging your batteries at 4C/C4 which is a bit steep even for an AGM. If your batteries were flat, you would have force charged them to full in 4 to 5 hours max.

Tendency is for a lead acid battery to run hot with this kind of fast charging. An AGM may take it, Gels and Flooded batteries don't generally like anything more than a C8/C10 charge rate.

So it all boils down to your battery type, Lithium you are probably good, most Flooded and Gel is a big NO. AGMs it would depend on the specific battery.

Because your batteries are 50Ah, they may not be so rugged to withstand a fast charge even though they make up a 200Ah bank. I am interested to know how the battery terminals are configured and how you attached thick gauge cables to what I assume are tiny battery terminals.

I am always in favour of upgrades, I would say get the additional panels and run a test to see if the batteries go above 34°C while fast charging - if not you are good - if they do run hot then you can set your CC not to exceed a particular current on the output. I had to do something like this recently in an install where the PV capacity far exceeded the battery and loads.

Thanks for the in-depth analysis
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2018
Earthrealmclonelord:

Thanks for the in-depth analysis

Ol boy...wch kind moniker be this naaau?.
Dey uur lane o...u berra deactivate.
Upon all monikers on Gods green earth..its mine u choose to clone shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by zeestone99(m): 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2018
earthrealm:

Ol boy...wch kind moniker be this naaau?.
Dey uur lane o...u berra deactivate.
Upon all monikers on Gods green earth..its mine u choose to clone shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed

grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by surrogatesng: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
1KVA 1000 WATT SOLAR SYSTEM + 1 FREE SOLAR FAN + 5 LIGHTING POINT

This 1kva (1000 watt)solar system is very economical,durable
and energy efficient.The lighting points are DC 12V low energy
and connected directly to the battery which gives better
performance and longer runtime.It comes with 1 solar standing
fan which consumes very low energy( just 10 watt) but blows
like a turnado.The fan can work 24hrs directly with
nepa,battery and imverter which makes them all weather.This is
truely an efficient solar system.It comes with a 100ah
battery and 150 watt mono crystaline solar panel (mono
crystaline panels are known to perform better than
polyscrystaline panels).It also comes with a 1000 watt
inverter which can be used to charge laptops and also to watch
tv.Our engineer will install it and ensure that the lighting
points are at the designated areas you want them to be in your
home or shop.Also an AC socket will be installed in your room
just incase you prefer watching tv or working on your laptop
in your room.What else do you need to make life comfortable?
Contact us today to get yours.

Price is 135,000 Naira only.
To order call 07067866986,07068410532 or click below to chat on whatsapp

https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002148_1000watt_jpegad3619f5e4b8b8644a95d6b610a6dc75
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10225923_img201909051844053_jpeg7b42125045ccbd6f597eea57e521a75b

Clicl below to chat with us on whatsapp
https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Mobile/Whatsapp: 07067866986,07068410532
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Alejob: 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2018
earthrealm:

You are right sir, thanks for the info bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
I have successfully received a Fangpusun
controller sent via DHL
Oshomo12:
Evening Guys, I need urgent reply on this;
Fangpusun wants to give me a replacement CC(bluesolar), they requested to send it through DHL. The but there is that, I've had a nasty experience with UPS on epsolar sometimes back ( I had to pay extra 16k for a CC of around 40k, about 2yrs back. since then I only use china registered mail, I collect in post office no issues). So, is there anybody that has collected CC via DHL? Thank you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Oshomo12(m): 9:58pm On Dec 13, 2018
dejidotun2000:
I have successfully received a Fangpusun
controller sent via DHL

Thank you for that reassurance. It was sent yesterday via DHL.
How was the charges, hope no DSS, FIRS, police et al issues? undecided
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaade21: 12:44am On Dec 14, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Most of the good options (value & premium inverters and CCs) are within the 12v to 48v range.

Given that your batteries are 12v units you will find best battery balance at 12v but your maximum efficiency at 48v.

Borrowing from how 12v batteries in parallel stay better in sync with each other, one may contrive a similar arrangement with multiple parallel bank 24v or 48v battery setups by creating additional parallel links between each position in each bank. I will post a diagram in a bit.

This solution is not a cure all though, it solves a part of the problem but still leaves something unsolved. It has worked well for me so far vs. doing the conventional approach though.

Sir, still waiting for the diagram and more details. Trust you have been busy and actually forgot to upload it.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 6:39am On Dec 14, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
If you must, you can introduce a telecomms power supply unit (charger) e.g Emerson or Huawei for extra current at the boost charge phase.

Those telecomms power supply units can put out 40a to 60a and they cost about 25k max second hand. They will assist your batteries to get to absorb faster and then your inverter can now finish the job.

Got spares .. 50-60a ratings.. Does its job ... #25,000
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 7:25am On Dec 14, 2018
Oga KieKie.

Na wa o! So because I said 25k MAX now you just picked the upper limit abi? grin grin grin

How market na? Biko release xmas promo for your pipo. Today is Friday and I believe that is the day everyone agreed is ideal for adverts to be posted.

kiekie1:

Got spares .. 50-60a ratings.. Does its job ... #25,000

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 7:29am On Dec 14, 2018
No charge whatsoever. It was delivered to my home address.
Oshomo12:

Thank you for that reassurance. It was sent yesterday via DHL. How was the charges, hope no DSS, FIRS, police et al issues? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by samnaija: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2018
harmattan is gradually creeping on us in Lagos. harvest is affected. one has to be careful of their discharge rate. woke up by 3 am this morning my charge controller was indicating red.
panic mode1 activated. what could have discharged my batteries to 48v this early. . offed the system, fault detection mode2. activated . searching for fault, checked all inverter equipment passed.. room by room surveillance activated and scanning of gadgets.
using my ninjastic and analytic skills acquired from my grandmasters on this forum, I knew I would get the culprit ,its a matter of time.
one room left to scan on the ground level, as I used my crunching tiger crawling method to move closer to the room my senses indicated a presence nearby.
all censors indicated that this presence was responsible for the heavy discharge of my 48v system.
. battle mode activated 5.
has I was about opening the door to the room, my censors could not pick and signals anymore. but my inner ninjastic skills new the presence was there.
swinging the door open all lights and gadgets were switched off. moving closer to the TV noticed it was warm and still glowed in the dark.
I knew I had cornered the culprit. with one last visual scan of the parameters the culprit or presence were hiding behind the couch.
I shouted you!...

it turned out to be, my kids were watching TV from last night till this morning. this holiday period I go advice everybody here be vigilant kids they have no mercy for inverter installations. .cheers!

14 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:28am On Dec 14, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Oga KieKie.

Na wa o! So because I said 25k MAX now you just picked the upper limit abi? grin grin grin

How market na? Biko release xmas promo for your pipo. Today is Friday and I believe that is the day everyone agreed is ideal for adverts to be posted.

Noted ! Cheer's
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 10:01am On Dec 14, 2018
samnaija:
harmattan is gradually creeping on us in Lagos. harvest is affected. one has to be careful of their discharge rate. woke up by 3 am this morning my charge controller was indicating red.
panic mode1 activated. what could have discharged my batteries to 48v this early. . offed the system, fault detection mode2. activated . searching for fault, checked all inverter equipment passed.. room by room surveillance activated and scanning of gadgets.
using my ninjastic and analytic skills acquired from my grandmasters on this forum, I knew I would get the culprit ,its a matter of time.
one room left to scan on the ground level, as I used my crunching tiger crawling method to move closer to the room my senses indicated a presence nearby.
all censors indicated that this presence was responsible for the heavy discharge of my 48v system.
. battle mode activated 5.
has I was about opening the door to the room, my censors could not pick and signals anymore. but my inner ninjastic skills new the presence was there.
swinging the door open all lights and gadgets were switched off. moving closer to the TV noticed it was warm and still glowed in the dark.
I knew I had cornered the culprit. with one last visual scan of the parameters the culprit or presence were hiding behind the couch.
I shouted you!...

it turned out to be, my kids were watching TV from last night till this morning. this holiday period I go advice everybody here be vigilant kids they have no mercy for inverter installations. .cheers!

This got m cracked up this morning. Thanks for sharing boss. Had to change the settings on my 50" LG TV to maximum eco mode and got a 23watts reading on my meter, at medium it was 47watts, minimum was almost 80watts and with no eco mode it was doing 123watts shocked shocked.

So for this with kids or people always in the house watching TV. Use the eco mode function and save urself some headache.

NB: Thanks to Alejob for the initial share

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by saint2ace(m): 10:07am On Dec 14, 2018
NiyiOmoIyunade:

Got mine at 13k then but the thing na power hugger oh. My prepaid meter suffer that period. Before I changed to Sterling Power Ultra Charge, which I use at 25% set capacity grin
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2018
Call us on 08066332919 for your Industrial Power Back Up Equipment.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by johnmba: 11:37am On Dec 14, 2018
Good morning house.

Please how good is sunshine solar panel. Someone gave me 250w 24V for 35k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.