Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2063510 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (1694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
DUNKA: I got a quote of 70, 000.00 per panel from Mr. VITUS when i called him on d phone. gurus kindly advise if dt is a good price or can I get a better deal.

dunca,

i think that's about the best bargain you can get for suntech 280w right now.

some peeps even sell for 120k and above. except maybe you want to go for joy solar?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
George_D:

dunca,

That's a wonderful deal, i could get a 1.4Kw solar panel array with my budget.
But Oga George, that means it is about 250NGN/Watt, that one smell like fish o.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
bodejohn,

well, these prices keep dropping everyday so don't be surprised. when i started, almost 5 yrs ago,
i bought a 200w sharp panel for a whopping 190k! can you imagine that?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
My DC power meter final arrives...

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
fikfik:

Thanks Uncle George and uncle Bode.

Concerning cable length again. should i maintain the same cable length from the battery banks (2 x 48volts) to the combiner? One bank is close to the combiner while the other isnt that close (but not that far too). Should I use lthe longer cable length on the one cose to the combiner too?

I also need advise on location. i live in a small block of 4 flats and have my inverter and one battery bank in the dining section of my living room. I'm want to add the combiner in the rear balcony (same wall as dining section) and another 48V battery bank. What are your thoughts on this. For security purposes too, should i put the combiner outside on the balcony (we live upstairs) or inside?

thanks!

fikfik,

you must maintain the same cable length for all your strings else the purpose of the combiner would be defeated. use the length of the farthest as your standard measurement.

as for the location, i can only advise that you should study your environment and choose what you think is the better option. if security concerns prevent you from locating it outside then i think you better leave it inside the house. remember that the combiner, inverter and battery bank should all be installed in one location as much as practically possible to prevent voltage drop and power loss.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by idsolar(m): 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
guys make una no forget me for north o.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
POWERSAFE DEEPCYCLE BATTERIES 12v 190ahms (yellow colour/ Brand new / Made In UK) .... 50k Only # HURRY 08135031951 #
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
all,

it was a rather dull day today with occasional flashes of sunlight - very much like it has been for
some weeks now. seems we finally entered the thick of the rainy season here.

however, i'm pleasantly surprised to see my charge controllers still able to hit green despite this
unforgiving weather.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:04am On Aug 22, 2013
load monitor:

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:10am On Aug 22, 2013
still counting down the hours, unplugged!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 12:11am On Aug 22, 2013
prag servo, still on holiday! cool

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 8:38am On Aug 22, 2013
nice.

with the shunt what is the highest dc current that can pass thru

thanks

bodejohn: My DC power meter final arrives...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 9:20am On Aug 22, 2013
TotalGreen: nice.

with the shunt what is the highest dc current that can pass thru

thanks

I currently have a 100A/100mV shunt connected to it.
The meter by itself can handle up to a 10A current without a shunt.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2013
George_D:

dunca,

some peeps even sell for 120k and above. except maybe you want to go for joy solar?
Thank you sir must say it was due 2 yr influence as I told him Warri man referred me. grin as
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 11:54am On Aug 22, 2013
George_D: prag servo, still on holiday! cool
Please wanted to find out if your Prag servo stabilizer is connected to carry the whole load of yr house or did you remove some heavy loads such as waterheater, cooker etc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
Thanks,
Does it keep history of records, I need something that can keep records for at list one week

How much does it cost

bodejohn:

I currently have a 100A/100mV shunt connected to it.
The meter by itself can handle up to a 10A current without a shunt.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
TotalGreen:
Thanks,
Does it keep history of records, I need something that can keep records for at list one week

How much does it cost

It was about 300 Euros without shipping charges.
It has a Rs485/Ethernet card with monitoring software which i have not tried out yet, so i cannot yet say categorically that it can save history or not. The manuals are bigger than 200Kb I would have uploaded it.
You can send me a PM and i will forward the files to you.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
DUNKA: Please wanted to find out if your Prag servo stabilizer is connected to carry the whole load of yr house or did you remove some heavy loads such as waterheater, cooker etc

hello dunka,

the prag servo does not carry the whole house load. if it did i would not have been able to switch it off like the
way i'm doing right now.

as you rightly guessed, the water heaters and cookers are all connected to public power. that being said, every
other house load is being powered from the inverter, namely the deep freezer, fridge, water pump, tvs, fans, home
theater, lighting, etc.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by DUNKA(m): 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
George_D:

hello dunka,

the prag servo does not carry the whole house load. if it did i would not have been able to switch it off like the
way i'm doing right now.

as you rightly guessed, the water heaters and cookers are all connected to public power. that being said, every
other house load is being powered from the inverter, namely the deep freezer, fridge, water pump, tvs, fans, home
theater, lighting, etc.
Thank you sir
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
all,

another dull day here but a green day nevertheless for my charge controllers.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
no sun? no problem! cool

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
sukam's power cut timer seems to max out at 99hrs, so looks like unit has reset itself during the night.

now 7hrs afresh and counting!

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fikfik: 7:21am On Aug 23, 2013
George_D:

fikfik,

you must maintain the same cable length for all your strings else the purpose of the combiner would be defeated. use the length of the farthest as your standard measurement.

as for the location, i can only advise that you should study your environment and choose what you think is the better option. if security concerns prevent you from locating it outside then i think you better leave it inside the house. remember that the combiner, inverter and battery bank should all be installed in one location as much as practically possible to prevent voltage drop and power loss.

Noted sir, Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bodejohn(m): 8:40am On Aug 23, 2013
George_D: no sun? no problem! cool

Oga George, what is the combined total of your solar array now?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by GeorgeD1(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
bodejohn,

my brother i have lost count. maybe i need to climb up and count to be sure

but i think i'm getting close to 7,200w name plate power.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fikfik: 7:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
Dear All,

my panel spec is below.

Output power = 260W
Vmp=34.8V
Imp=7.47amp
Voc=44V
Isc=8.09amp

If I connect 2 panels in series strings of 6 (12 panels) that gives me (please correct where wrong):

Vmax= 68V
Imax= 44amps

I have a:
48v battery bank (2 banks)interconnected with 16mm 9ja wire
45 amps MPPT Charge controller 24m from the PV array
PV array connected to solar charge controller with 6mm Nigeria wire
Three 100VDC circuit breakers connected to positive line from PV array and +ve from battery banks

Is this setup optimum??

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fikfik: 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
specs

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by TotalGreen: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
No.
for a 48volt system, it should be
3 panels in series strings of 4 (12 panels)

fikfik: Dear All,

my panel spec is below.

Output power = 260W
Vmp=34.8V
Imp=7.47amp
Voc=44V
Isc=8.09amp

If I connect 2 panels in series strings of 6 (12 panels) that gives me (please correct where wrong):

Vmax= 68V
Imax= 44amps

I have a:
48v battery bank (2 banks)interconnected with 16mm 9ja wire
45 amps MPPT Charge controller 24m from the PV array
PV array connected to solar charge controller with 6mm Nigeria wire
Three 100VDC circuit breakers connected to positive line from PV array and +ve from battery banks

Is this setup optimum??

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
HURRY HURRY HURRY

Brand New Power safe Inverter Batteries 12V 190ahms @ 45k( Yellow & Red Color )

Power master inverter (48v 5000watt). @ 60k only

Solar Panels 12v 130watt Monocrystalline @ 25k

Solar Panels 24v 230watts Polycrystalline @ 45k

Multipower Inverter 12v 800va Pure Sinewave @ 30k

Emerson Module Chargers 24v & 48v @ 15k each

PWM Charge Controllers @ various types of power starlight,, Multi Power & Tripplite Inverters @ give away prices........ CALL 08135031951 NOW
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by abunafiu(m): 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
kie kie: HURRY HURRY HURRY

Brand New Power safe Inverter Batteries 12V 190ahms @ 45k( Yellow & Red Color )

Power master inverter (48v 5000watt). @ 60k only

Solar Panels 12v 130watt Monocrystalline @ 25k

Solar Panels 24v 230watts Polycrystalline @ 45k

Multipower Inverter 12v 800va Pure Sinewave @ 30k

Emerson Module Chargers 24v & 48v @ 15k each

PWM Charge Controllers @ various types of power starlight,, Multi Power & Tripplite Inverters @ give away prices........ CALL 08135031951 NOW
. Whats the name product manufacturer of ur panels.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by feasy1(m): 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
George_D: bodejohn,

my brother i have lost count. maybe i need to climb up and count to be sure

but i think i'm getting close to 7,200w
George_D:

hello dunka,

way i'm doing right now.

theater, lighting, etc.
name plate power.

7200W , wow that is massive, hope to move up to that level one day. I bet you could add Air Conditioner to the load if need be, the energy harnessed from the sun should take care of that most especially during the day, that could come handy in the dry season
For instance, I have tested 1 1HP AC with my 3KW set up during the day and the system just harnessed the needed energy from the PV stepping up the instantenous KWs.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by feasy1(m): 12:04am On Aug 24, 2013
fikfik:

Yes, thanks Uncle G. but I also remeber a pix from akiannade (or someone's) installation where he used breakers on both the +ve and -ve lines from battery bank to charge controller. youe cut outs are only on the +ve lines and you tied -ve directly. Whats best practice on this (without being wasteful)?

@all
Concerning the combiner (for hybrid charging systems), what are the things to note here. I see Uncel g's and compare it with the recent one from feasy1's but it seems he just connected everything to inverter wihtout really using a combiner (pls correct me if wrong) which seems neater but is it the right thing to do. Please advise me on rules for cable length in this whole multi-charging system too.

Thanks!

Hi fikfik,
As it has been stated earlier its always good to have breakers installed for obvious reasons.

Please do note that the my system has the breaker installed too. The AC disconnect and Battery disconnect has been integrated to the system and has switches on the left side of the unit.

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (1694) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.