Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2074553 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (1699) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
BetaTechnicians:

Looks good for when I become OPEC chairman grin

How about the local guy? I want something in smaller units, like 12V to play with if he can make such or 24V

Lol.... that is just the price of a plyontech 2000 yet you get double the capacity of a plyontech (disclaimer: only focusing on capacity and cost, not the bells and packaging).
You can reach the local guy, he certain couples 12, 24v, 48v variants at reasonable prices. Here is his number:

0 eight 030 six 3 three 202
Disclaimer: I am just his customer not business partner so you may also do your due diligence wink

I will actually be interested to hear experiences from those who have tried his product
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by quest4s: 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
Problem not solved

Its a 1.5kva/24v luminous inverter
Inverter still works fine.
Charges battery with power supply
And still powers all my appliances
But shows the Service Assistance indicator light

mctfopt:

What's the capacity, model and DC voltage of the luminous inverter in question or is the problem solved?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
ojeysky:

The image did not display but I guess you are referring to the same guy? Yes indeed. My personal quest for DIY is because I want a BMS that can provide me status of each cells. I have also recommended it to him, hopefully he will add it in future.

The image was only referring to here https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/670#86587802
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
quest4s:

Problem not solved

You may need to troubleshoot with various scenarios:

1. What happens if you disconnect solar
2. What happens if you disconnect utility charging source
3. What happens if you disconnect inverter output load
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2020
quest4s:

Problem not solved

Disconnect and reconnect the battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
quest4s:
service assistance light showing on luminous inverter. What does it mean?

DISCONNECT inverter from battery for about 20secs and reconnect. this simple reset resolves over 50% os simple inverter malfunctions
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by quest4s: 1:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
Done that several times
Disconnected everything connected to it reconnected again and powered it. Same thing
Even waited for an a hour at some point. Yet same thing.
Started yesterday afternoon.

mctfopt:

Disconnect and reconnect the battery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
mctfopt:

The image was only referring to here https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/670#86587802

True and this is still valid up till now. I have just secured my BMV 712 (and by the way I happen to have extra BMVs which should get to me sometime next month, if anyone is interested to buy you can pm me).

Regards
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by quest4s: 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
I only use PHCN or Generator no solar connected on it yet

2. If I disconnect power battery kicks in seamlessly
3. Continues running on no load

ojeysky:

You may need to troubleshoot with various scenarios:

1. What happens if you disconnect solar
2. What happens if you disconnect utility charging source
3. What happens if you disconnect inverter output load
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
quest4s:
I only use PHCN or Generator no solar connected on it yet

2. If I disconnect power battery kicks in seamlessly
3. Continues running on no load

So there is no scenario where the maintenance error goes off?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2020
ojeysky:

chai, na this fan jumia de sell 8000 shocked.. go to alaba int and get it for 5500 or any local electronic shops and get it for 6500
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by quest4s: 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
Yes it doesn't.
Tried all permutations and combinations still error persisted.
Am still using it on battery now and everything is powered just fine but I want to get the error message cleared and also the possible cause

Could there be a way to reset the inverter memory or something as this error prompt could also be an error

ojeysky:

So there is no scenario where the maintenance error goes off?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
Valto:
chai, na this fan jumia de sell 8000 shocked.. go to alaba int and get it for 5500 or any local electronic shops and get it for 6500

My brother na wa o....there was a time I ordered standing qasa fan from a NL alaba person but I then found the same fan at 5k less on Jumia..... So I guess you win some and loose some with this naija online shopping mata

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:02pm On Mar 09, 2020
quest4s:
Yes it doesn't.
Tried all permutations and combinations still error persisted.
Am still using it on battery now and everything is powered just fine but I want to get the error message cleared and also the possible cause

Could there be a way to reset the inverter memory or something as this error prompt could also be an error

There was a time I used that kind of inverter before I transferred it to my Bro, the charger indicator stopped blinking when charging but since every other thing seem to work fine. I just kept firing the thing and it's still serving to date. So if all is fine with its operation just no worry much wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
quest4s:
Done that several times
Disconnected everything connected to it reconnected again and powered it. Same thing
Even waited for an a hour at some point. Yet same thing.
Started yesterday afternoon.

If under warranty, you may need to consult the seller about the issue.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Systrom(m): 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2020
Can someone give me a reliable contact of inverter and solar dealers in Alaba market

Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
eleojo23:
40a Suoer 12V smart charger for sale.
It's a week old and only been used 3 times.
You can select the amount of current you need from 7A to 40A.
Reason for sale: Bulk charging and float voltage higher than my battery spec. Voltage reaches 15.2V as against 14.6V that was stated on the description and float voltage is 14V.
I bought it for 18k on Jumia and it goes for as high as 23k on Jiji but if anyone will find it useful I'm willing to sell it for 12k.

If interested, send a WhatsApp message to Zero eight one two eight -70-822-1

Which charger did you get as a replacement?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 4:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
ojeysky:

It's like you just experienced some new stuff about lithium.....was charging my battery was charging as 48A yesterday with a smile. Lifepo4 is cool, even if what I get from it is 5 years considering the performance I am getting I will still be fulfilled.
Planning a DYI Lifepo4 soon to increase my battery bank capacity.

Wow see wonders
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 4:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
spartacus11:

Which charger did you get as a replacement?
Non yet. I am eyeing some on AliExpress.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 4:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
eleojo23:

Did you confirm the voltage with an external meter?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
Penuelseun:
Did you confirm the voltage with an external meter?

Yes. I have a smaller charger with a voltmeter and I also used one of these DIY voltmeters. The bulk voltage was still over 15V and float 14V.

I could tell the AGM battery was pissed by the 14V the charger was giving it as float voltage because it was hissing considerably. grin
Hissing can't be a good thing or can it?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
eleojo23:

Ok bro, do share wen u do, i hear boiling sound on my small 100Ah wen it is almost getting full, at that point i know say the charing voltage is too high
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2020
eleojo23:

Yes. I have a smaller charger with a voltmeter and I also used one of these DIY voltmeters. The bulk voltage was still over 15V and float 14V.

I could tell the AGM battery was pissed by the 14V float the charger was giving it because it was hissing considerably.
Hissing can't be a good thing or can it?

I've read about it every article keep saying it is not.

Me I'm just tired,
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
spartacus11:

Ok bro, do share wen u do, i hear boiling sound on my small 100Ah wen it is almost getting full, at that point i know say the charing voltage is too high

Which charger do you use?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
spartacus11:

I've read about it every article keep saying it is not.
Same here.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2020
eleojo23:

Which charger do you use?
i was using the inbuilt charger of Suoer SAA-1000C then i bought FoxSur 12V 8A- 24V 4A same thing on the boiling sound when it is getting full
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
spartacus11:
i was using the inbuilt charger of Suoer SAA-1000C then i bought FoxSur 12V 8A- 24V 4A same thing on the boiling sound when it is getting full

I think that FoxSur charger also reaches 15V from reviews on AliExpress.
I am looking for a charger that stops at around 14.5-14.8V bulk and 13.5-13.8v for float.

I have found some on AliExpress but still studying the details so as not to make the same mistake again.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 5:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
eleojo23:

I think that FoxSur charger also reaches 15V from reviews on AliExpress.
I am looking for a charger that stops at around 14.5-14.8V bulk and 13.5-13.8v for float.

I have found some on AliExpress but still studying the details so as not to make the same mistake again.

The Fuxsur start charging from a lower voltage as the battery gets full the voltage will keep increasing whe the Amp will be reducing. It stops charge at 14.8V 1.1A (Full Charge)

It charges around 13.5-13.8V between 50-75% of battery charger anything from 85% battery charge it picks up to 14.0-14.3V thats wen the Amp starts dropping 14.5-14.8V 5A- 1.1A

I think it is just best for Flooded battery i just dey sorry for my 100AH GBM Gel battery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
spartacus11:

The Fuxsur start charging from a lower voltage as the battery gets full the voltage will keep increasing whe the Amp will be reducing. It stops charge at 14.8V 1.1A (Full Charge)

It charges around 13.5-13.8V between 50-75% of battery charger anything from 85% battery charge it picks up to 14.0-14.3V thats wen the Amp starts dropping 14.5-14.8V 5A- 1.1A

I think it is just best for Flooded battery i just dey sorry for my 100AH GBM Gel battery

In that case, it will be good for my AGM. I need between 14.4 to 14.8v for full charge and 13.7 for float.

But since you are using Gel, I think you need something that will stop at around 14.5v bulk and 13.5v for float.

I have this 6A charger (screenshot below) that I use for my Gel battery. It stops at around 14.5v and occasionally shows 14.6v. The float voltage is 13.5v
The gel battery seems to be enjoying the charge it gets but time will tell...although it's been 9 months now without issues.
It still charges the AGM but I needed something with higher Amps for faster charge, that's why I went for the Suoer.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2020
Explain this reverse polarity pls. Fan port says 12-15v in. So I guess it will take my 12v panels. If 7ah battery serves me overnight, 40ah should serve 3 fans(7ah×3=21ah)overnight and leave for day use when/if necessary.
I am still weighing my options and seeking opinions.

unicmarket:

Ensure your solar panel dc voltage is same range with the required input voltage of the fan.

So ensure you connect without mistake ( reverse polarity) that’s when you are connecting to the fan dc port, the fan it’s self as a dc cc to charge the battery, if you connect the panel to the battery directly you will risk over charging the battery.

Ensure the panel is same dc range for the fan.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 6:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
Topmost11:
Explain this reverse polarity pls. Fan port says 12-15v in. So I guess it will take my 12v panels. If 7ah battery serves me overnight, 40ah should serve 3 fans(7ah×3=21ah)overnight and leave for day use when/if necessary.
I am still weighing my options and seeking opinions.

I think what he means is ensure you connect positive to positive and negative to negative.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
eleojo23:

I think what he means is ensure you connect positive to positive and negative to negative.

So I thought too. But I had to ask to be sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (687) (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) ... (1699) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: isangjohnson, princely009, ksmart027(m), Hybrid600, de3lar(m), temizeee(m), sirrotex and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.