Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2074054 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (1698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
Experts.
One of my fans is faulty. All is working except the blades. By all I mean it is charging the battery if I switch it on, led bulbs are working except the blades are not rolling. I disconnected and removed the complete head(blade and motor) and replaced it with another and it worked fine.

I had extended the battery terminals to be able to use a bigger battery.
Problem started(I am told, I wasn't home) when my son changed the fan's position. I guess he connected wrong polarity. When I opened the motor, it seems a tiny spider ic is burnt(its surface looks rough compared to others) but I am not too sure. Can all these coil rewinders fix the fault? I have a customer that repairs ac fans but I'm not sure if he will be able to do this. He once told me spider ic's are not replaceable.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
ojeysky:

My brother na wa o....there was a time I ordered standing qasa fan from a NL alaba person but I then found the same fan at 5k less on Jumia..... So I guess you win some and loose some with this naija online shopping mata
maybe u ordered from an alaba hustler sha. jumia prices can never be lower than real alaba price. show me a product @jumia, and i will tell or direct u where to get it far cheaper.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Correct polarity will be:
red =+ve, black =-ve and
long leg -ve, short leg +ve.
Am I correct?.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2020
I was going to say give the same advice.

I came home one day about two years ago to see an error code and blinking red led on my 1kva ipowerplus inverter. I checked the manual and the error code translated to "fan locked while inverter running" however, I noticed that the fan runs when the load gets to a certain threshold. I have been using the inverter like that since without any problems.
ojeysky:

I just kept firing the thing and it's still serving to date. So if all is fine with its operation just no worry much wink
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2020
I can't see from your picture whether the longer leg connects to the inner or outer terminal.

The outer terminal is negative and the inner terminal is positive. So if the outer terminal is the one that connects to the longer leg then the longer leg is the negative and vice versa.
Topmost11:
red =+ve, black =-ve and
Am I correct?.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by dejidotun2000(m): 8:36pm On Mar 09, 2020
Does anyone here know where to buy distilled water besides those guys at Olowu ?

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:47pm On Mar 09, 2020
Valto:
maybe u ordered from an alaba hustler sha. jumia prices can never be lower than real alaba price. show me a product @jumia, and i will tell or direct u where to get it far cheaper.

No doubt Bro
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Electrolytes & Distilled water for your tubular / flooded battery maintenance now available for order !

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:47am On Mar 10, 2020
ojeysky:

If you want to buy a packaged Lifepo4 I do have a local dealer that I procured mine from. I think he sells single cells as well....i shared his contact on this thread

Please can you post his contact again. Thanks.

Edited: Seen your earlier post on the contact details.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:53am On Mar 10, 2020
ojeysky:

Okay. I found it on Jumia, even added it to cart. But sha it isn't indicated if it's DC or AC. Also the consumption is not written on the spec sheet.

But since you've ordered, please do carry is along on your experience.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 4:59am On Mar 10, 2020
ojeysky:

Lol.... that is just the price of a plyontech 2000 yet you get double the capacity of a plyontech (disclaimer: only focusing on capacity and cost, not the bells and packaging).
You can reach the local guy, he certain couples 12, 24v, 48v variants at reasonable prices. Here is his number:

0 eight 030 six 3 three 202
Disclaimer: I am just his customer not business partner so you may also do your due diligence wink

I will actually be interested to hear experiences from those who have tried his product

What capacity of LFP did he build for you? At what price? How clean is his job? And can you kindly put up the picture of his build here?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:10am On Mar 10, 2020
Topmost11:
Explain this reverse polarity pls. Fan port says 12-15v in. So I guess it will take my 12v panels. If 7ah battery serves me overnight, 40ah should serve 3 fans(7ah×3=21ah)overnight and leave for day use when/if necessary.
I am still weighing my options and seeking opinions.

Bro, except you're using Lithium chemistry batteries, 7ah lead acid batteries will not serve you overnight with all these rechargeable fans dem.

4ah 12v cane with one QASA rechargeable like that and the battery works for only 4hrs after full charge, gave up the ghost on the 3rd month of use. I changed to it an external 7ah 12v thinking I'll get super long working time but battery also died on the 4th month.

Changed things to Lithium 12v 5ah (2,200mah in 3s2p config) and I've had peace ever since.

5 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 5:12am On Mar 10, 2020
dejidotun2000:
I can't see from your picture whether the longer leg connects to the inner or outer terminal.

The outer terminal is negative and the inner terminal is positive. So if the outer terminal is the one that connects to the longer leg then the longer leg is the negative and vice versa.

Longer leg to outer terminal. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:17am On Mar 10, 2020
Topmost11:
Experts.
One of my fans is faulty. All is working except the blades. By all I mean it is charging the battery if I switch it on, led bulbs are working except the blades are not rolling. I disconnected and removed the complete head(blade and motor) and replaced it with another and it worked fine.

I had extended the battery terminals to be able to use a bigger battery.
Problem started(I am told, I wasn't home) when my son changed the fan's position. I guess he connected wrong polarity. When I opened the motor, it seems a tiny spider ic is burnt(its surface looks rough compared to others) but I am not too sure. Can all these coil rewinders fix the fault? I have a customer that repairs ac fans but I'm not sure if he will be able to do this. He once told me spider ic's are not replaceable.

You could try out continuity of the rotor coil. If it's okay, then the circuitry may be the fault and the IC you suspected may be the culprit. If you are patient enough for 4 weeks transit, you can always get replacement ICs ordered on AE. That's what I do but patience is the key. Note the numbers written on the IC and type it in searchbox on AE website or phone app.

Next time in order to prevent re-occurences like this or even the risk of fire from short circuit, get a female and male 5.5mm x 2.5mm DC plugs and wire them appropriately to the fan and the battery terminals for easy plug and play.

Even I myself with fairly good DIY prowess, except I take extra precaution, effort and double check, I occasionally make mistake with connecting wrong polarities (it can be really annoying and I don't know why but I guess it's cause of this colour blindness thingy). How much more your son who is still learning to walk his dad's path of DIY.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:31am On Mar 10, 2020
Topmost11:
red =+ve, black =-ve and
Am I correct?.

Oh, I can see you already working on the male-female DC plug.

Yeah, the short leg that connects to the central hole of the plug is positive and that goes with the red wire.

Soldering job will ensure good contact and prevent short circuit which may occur in that plug housing. But if you can't get it soldered, then twist your wires tightly and use insulator tape (commonly called black tape in 9ja rewire parlance) as a wrap-around either the positive or negative pins before you screw back the housing.

You should get a USB powered soldering iron for small jobs like this.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 5:51am On Mar 10, 2020
If you or someone you know is interested in sliding gate opener, please quote me.

It's AC powered, 180watts, 500-700kg working torque, used for 1 year and still working perfectly fine.

It's for a good and attractive price.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:25am On Mar 10, 2020
ceaser:

What capacity of LFP did he build for you? At what price? How clean is his job? And can you kindly put up the picture of his build here?

Answers can be found here: https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/656#85974915

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Abigai(f): 6:54am On Mar 10, 2020
Please, can anyone recommend a good 100ah deep cycle battery within this price range N30,000 to N40,000. Thanks...
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Christgalaxy(m): 7:26am On Mar 10, 2020
Who has got 3s 40a bms for sale
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 11:22am On Mar 10, 2020
Good morning house.Please i need clarification on these issues.
1.In times of Nepa blackout for days,do we need to turn off all load and allow the battery charge with solar?I am asking because i have seen some posts implying that battery charges faster with solar when you turn off all loads?

2.My epever charge controller and prag inverter shows different battery levels.Eg,like yesterday on the charge controller the battery bar was showing two bars while the battery voltage was 24.7v .

On the inverter,it was showing 4 bars.Please, which is more accurate with regards to the actual battery level?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 11:29am On Mar 10, 2020
queenfav:
Good morning house.Please i need clarification on these issues.
1.In times of Nepa blackout for days,do we need to turn off all load and allow the battery charge with solar?I am asking because i have seen some posts implying that battery charges faster with solar when you turn off all loads?

2.My epever charge controller and prag inverter shiws different battery levels.Eg,like yesterday on the charge controller the battery bar was showing two bars while the battery voltage was 24.7v .

On the inverter,it was showing 4 bars.Please, which is more accurate with regards to the actual battery level?

Answering your first question. Of course the battery will charge faster without loads. The load shares the power that comes from the panel with the battery so the battery only gets some but if loads are off, it's party time for the battery.
But this depends on the size of your solar array sha. If you oversize significantly the loads should have little effect on charge time.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 11:30am On Mar 10, 2020
eleojo23:

Answering your first question. Of course the battery will charge faster without loads. The load shares the power that comes from the panel with the battery so the battery only gets some but if loads are off, it's party time for the battery.
wow, didn't thanks bro..So how long will my battery charge fully from 50% DOD on a not so sunny day.My set up is 2pcs of 200ah battery,4 pcs of 300w solar panels and a 40a epever mppt CC.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 11:34am On Mar 10, 2020
Valto:

ok, abeg am searching for the most affordable wall mount ceiling fan with remote......
2ndly looking for the most affordable ceiling fan with remote..

justmanuel, shei alaba na ur area
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2020
queenfav:
wow, didn't thanks bro..So how long will my battery charge fully from 50% DOD on a not so sunny day.My set up is 2pcs of 200ah battery,4 pcs of 300w solar panels and a 40a epever mppt CC.

Hmmm...this is not easy to calculate.
It's easier to calculate for sunny days as it allows you to know the best you can get from the setup.
On a very sunny day, your 4X 300w panels should give out about 32a (about 8amps for each)
50% DoD for 2×200ah is 200ah
Charge time is 200ah/32amps which is 6.25hrs.
But you can't get exactly 32a from the panels as there will be losses. So maybe 7-8hrs. This is for a sunny day.

For a not-too-sunny day, it can take longer than that but the bottom line is, you need at least 6hrs of sunlight to fully charge the batteries.

This is my opinion, the experts may have more to add.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
ceaser:

Okay. I found it on Jumia, even added it to cart. But sha it isn't indicated if it's DC or AC. Also the consumption is not written on the spec sheet.

But since you've ordered, please do carry is along on your experience.

Don't buy it sad

Edit: Since I have now used it for a day, I can actually say it's not so bad just that the quality isn't there..... and not every part fits well together. There is also no much power consumption difference between the fan speeds.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2020
Topmost11:
Explain this reverse polarity pls. Fan port says 12-15v in. So I guess it will take my 12v panels. If 7ah battery serves me overnight, 40ah should serve 3 fans(7ah×3=21ah)overnight and leave for day use when/if necessary.
I am still weighing my options and seeking opinions.

simply dont put the red or positive cable for the black or negative cable, that's what polarity in this case means

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
ojeysky:

Don't buy it sad
shocked
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
Solar Installations, Sales and Delivery

Buying a solar panel is not what solves your power issues, its having a right auditing, the right sellers, right goods, right installers, and right company that offers continuous maintenance of system

we offer 1 year free maintenance on our new clients, for inverters or solar installations.

over 6 years in the alternative power supply sales and installation and still counting,

www.jekitech.com or whatsapp 08031138665

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by maishai: 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
Can anyone share his experience in using solar submersible pumping machine....... my well is 150 feets in a very remote location, at peak usage i would use 3000litres a day
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
earthrealm:

ok, abeg am searching for the most affordable wall mount ceiling fan with remote......

dc or ac fan? there is a 12V DC wall and orbit fan of just 17W, it comes with external regulator, no remote. no adaptor.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
Abigai:
Please, can anyone recommend a good 100ah deep cycle battery within this price range N30,000 to N40,000. Thanks...
it is tough to recommend brands within that price range.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by BetaTechnicians: 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
earthrealm:

AC/DC Ceiling fan 15k ... Alaba
DC Wall fan 11k... Alaba

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (1698) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Dharyhor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.