Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2045022 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (1680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
unicmarket:

Good morning madam

They have done justice to the question o,
But I just want to add a little,

Your load is about 140watts altogether

And assuming your battery is 70% Depth of Discharge which means 70/100 x 200ah , 140ah usable current in 1hr

And this means your 140 watts can run for about 12 hrs

But if at worst your DOD(depth of discharge) is 50% then like they said; it will be about 7hrs backup time

So try and confirm the dod of the battery you are getting

Most people prefer to use MPPT rather than a pwm because it is more strategic in converting excess power to charge the battery, while pwm may just waste the excess power( what does that mean?) when a pwm receives 40v 5amps, from solar panels “for instance”, to charge your 12v battery, it only takes about 12v and the 5 amps even if the battery is needing more at that time, so what happens to you 28v( certainly lost)

But an MPPT charge controller or cc for short converts the excess 28v to amps so as to charge the battery more effectively
So it then charges up to 12v , 16amps (wow)
So little power loss, and your battery charges most effectively

Now to the choice of your Inverter, please be particular about the cut off voltage( am assuming it’s a power Inverter) some of them, their cut off voltage may even get too low that it can damage battery cells. By cut off voltage I mean, the voltage of the battery at which Inverter will go off when the battery battery is low.

And lastly personally I think 500watts solar power is not bad for your load, I think it’s Just good enough, you may choose to increase it, but with a good cc you will get optimum charging power.

Thanks

www.jekitech.com; whatsapp or call 08031138665

It is adequate today, but tomorrow? She has a fridge which she will want to power tomorrow when she begins to enjoy solar. We are only trying to avoid purchase of another inverter in the future.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by durodee(m): 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
olaolu11:

It is adequate today, but tomorrow? She has a fridge which she will want to power tomorrow when she begins to enjoy solar. We are only trying to avoid purchase of another inverter in the future.

True BUT the issue of "you better do better" is what chases some people away from solar energy thinking it's too expensive. People buy and use I PASS MY NEIGHBORS Gen readily just to power some things in the house and not use generator to power their fridge etc ever or buy a bigger generator. Must someone upgrade? No!! Or because of possible upgrade in the future allow Heat to suffer my head now? No again!!
I sincerely think she should and could use her proposed system as it is. If she so wishes to upgrade then let her ask for advice.
My view only. Half cooked meal is better than none.

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
olaolu11:

Ohh ok, I get, I don’t also support are use of that 500watts Inverter, if there is a good one of it, why not;( she can get the 500watts), the client should know or ask in that case, that may only be what she wants to power with the system, we could have suggested also 2batteries, incase she wants to add more fans and or some more laptops to run; so if she as a mind to scale up later; she should have stated or ask so that we can help better.

As a matter of fact the Inverter still as at most conveniently an extra 100watts to spear for other loads.

That’s exactly what I think sir

Please incase you plan to scale up later for load, please note it ma

Thanks I greet o bros
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2020
Rhyah:
Please advise...

I had wanted to get a Luminous Delite package which consists of
* a 900VA/12V inverter
* a 150Ah/12V tubular
* a trolley(rack)

As at when I made my research/reviews about this package, it was #99k...Though I was down due to high financial commitments at the time but was still going to get it when cash flows in. I wished I could get a 220VA/12V battery as a different package but that's not available. The trolley itself is just for aesthetics..can do without it.

Now, the price of the package has gone up to 120k... sad. I feel I can get something better at that price or with a little topup as I want a 220VA tubular battery and probably a higher capacity inverter. So I intend to get a fairly used 1.5KVA/12V inverter and then buy the brand new 220VA battery...and probably get a second battery in the future to increase usage duration.

I also have a small space and wouldn't want any annoying humming inverter. So No No to modified sine wave inverters... I might be wrong...do they all make noise?...To avoid this, please how do I know a pure sine wave inverter apart from the fact that it's written on the product? Any special test? Do they make noise as well?

Budget #120‐#130k...Can this budget get me what I want? What better option, if any, do I have with this budget?

Pls advise and recommend...

120k-130k i doubt will ettend to all these.
If battery is 100k as suggested
Accessories(wire,changeover etc)10k
Will 20k buya good used inverter
And pls dont mix different make of batteries and
dont use two batteries purchased at different times
What you can do is wire the batteries separately to a changeover so you can decide which battery to charge at a time.
I will not go into specifics behind this advise, the gurus in the house will better than i can do.

With this setup, you are just a little better until you incorporate solar.

In the alternative, buy the appliances piecemeal ie purchase your inverter first, keep until you can afford battery, use grid to charge pending time you will buy panels, and cc
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Janyves(m): 4:48am On Apr 25, 2020
NiyiOmoIyunade:
A transformer based inverter of 900va range - on average idle consumption is between 15 to 30watts.

Usually 20watts range in my experience.

I wouldn't sweat to improve things at that level

Oga Niyi, you're right. With my little experience with xformer based inverters, I'm yet to see any idle power below 14W(12v) , 21W(24v), 28w(48v). But I've seen hungry one's ∼48W(12v), 108W(24v) ,192W(48v).
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 5:52am On Apr 25, 2020
Janyves:

Oga Niyi, you're right. With my little experience with xformer based inverters, I'm yet to see any idle power below 14W(12v) , 21W(24v), 28w(48v). But I've seen hungry one's ∼48W(12v), 108W(24v) ,192W(48v).
Fangpusun 48v is 14w

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:50am On Apr 25, 2020
Janyves:

Okay this is huge, my 24v MPP is 35w max, current 24v felicity that I use is about 50w max
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 7:03am On Apr 25, 2020
@ ololadeajayi
Pls where did you get the 17 watts uka fan. The ones on jiji and Julia I see have their reviews for the 3blade as 45watts and the 5blade 40 watts.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Topmost11(m): 7:07am On Apr 25, 2020
durodee:

True BUT the issue of "you better do better" is what chases some people away from solar energy thinking it's too expensive. People buy and use I PASS MY NEIGHBORS Gen readily just to power some things in the house and not use generator to power their fridge etc ever or buy a bigger generator. Must someone upgrade? No!! Or because of possible upgrade in the future allow Heat to suffer my head now? No again!!
I sincerely think she should and could use her proposed system as it is. If she so wishes to upgrade then let her ask for advice.

Half cooked meal is better than none.
I give it to you sir. I've not laughed since this corona thing started.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rhyah(f): 7:16am On Apr 25, 2020
ojeysky:

A 220Ah luminous was advertised for 100k, then I think you can get a 1kva for 20/25k. 5-10k for accessories.

Thank you. Pls can you mention the seller's moniker or a link to the page where it was advertised. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rhyah(f): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2020
olaolu11:

120k-130k i doubt will ettend to all these.
If battery is 100k as suggested
Accessories(wire,changeover etc)10k
Will 20k buya good used inverter
And pls dont mix different make of batteries and
dont use two batteries purchased at different times
What you can do is wire the batteries separately to a changeover so you can decide which battery to charge at a time.
I will not go into specifics behind this advise, the gurus in the house will better than i can do.

With this setup, you are just a little better until you incorporate solar.

In the alternative, buy the appliances piecemeal ie purchase your inverter first, keep until you can afford battery, use grid to charge pending time you will buy panels, and cc

Thank you. Noted your advice.
Not looking at going up to the solar level any time soon. I just want an alternative source for my laptop, fan and bulb when there's no NEPA light.
Thanks...I'll have a review.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ololadeajayi(f): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2020
Topmost11:
@ ololadeajayi
Pls where did you get the 17 watts uka fan. The ones on jiji and Julia I see have their reviews for the 3blade as 45watts and the 5blade 40 watts.

I ordered it on Jumia last year

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:25am On Apr 25, 2020
durodee:

You've raised good points. At times, one even works in the reverse direction (bigger to smaller) to minimize idle consumption when one has optimized loads and there's almost nothing left to tweak.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:46am On Apr 25, 2020
Rhyah:

Thank you. Pls can you mention the seller's moniker or a link to the page where it was advertised. Thanks

cc justcallmenuel

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Saipro(m): 9:50am On Apr 25, 2020
JUO:
Fangpusun 48v is 14w
Idle or under load? My Victron VE.Direct 48V is 12W too, under heavy loads (tare of 9W)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
200Ah Zee power battery available, #75000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
justcallmenuel:
200Ah Zee power battery available, #75000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461.

Do you have dc ceiling fan, if yes price and pictures
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
Penuelseun:
Do you have dc ceiling fan, if yes price and pictures
Yeah I do and it’s 17k sir.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
ololadeajayi:

I ordered it on Jumia last year

Yes, I recollect people debating here last year. But are you sure its 17 watts? Review says 40 watts for it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
What do folks use as indicator when utility is restored, need something that can make a small sound when public utility is gone and restored
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2020
Any electrical parts store will sell you a siren + timer switch. The siren can make a small sound or very piercing sound as you set it.

ojeysky:
What do folks use as indicator when utility is restored, need something that can make a small sound when public utility is gone and restored

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 5:02am On Apr 26, 2020
justcallmenuel:

thanks, will surely get in touch after the lockdown, pls do post the data sheet
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
Penuelseun:
thanks, will surely get in touch after the lockdown, pls do post the data sheet
Alright sir, pls WhatsApp me on 08168986461 so I can send it to you. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
justcallmenuel:

I need this ohhh but i am not in Lagos
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ayo1984: 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
please house how much is 30a 12/24v solar controller?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Peterlove11: 2:54pm On Apr 26, 2020
Between transformer-based and transformerless inverters, which is better? Any advantage of one over the other
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by omotoda(m): 3:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Peterlove11:
Between transformer-based and transformerless inverters, which is better? Any advantage of one over the other

Transformer is better.More efficient, does not spoil easily due to power cuts!!!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Penuelseun(m): 3:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
Peterlove11:
transformer based are more rugged but transformer-less are more efficient

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jimazjito: 4:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
olaolu11:

You have some info to supply still. How many hours will you use the TV, the fan(s), the bulbs. For example. I will use my fan for 7 hrs each day, the TV for 12 hrs and bulb(all) an average of 3 hrs per day. Then can your question be answered. As one of the gurus in the house will say, I am a novice and stand to be corrected.
And this your 500 watts inverter what is the make. Is the pix available?
And I doubt if the 500 watts panel will charge your battery full daily especially if it is a chinko and is not well positioned.

Please, the details below (with photos attached) show what my Solar System comprises of;

Battery: 12v 100ah (GBM deep cycle battery) 1 piece

Solar Panels: 100watts (2 pieces)

Inverter: 1000w

CC: 30A (PMW)

Please what should the values for the float voltage, discharge disconnect value and the discharge stop value?
Thanks

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by jimazjito: 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2020
Please, the details below (with photos attached) show what my Solar System comprises of;

Please what should the values for the float voltage, discharge disconnect value and the discharge stop value?
Thanks [quote][/quote]

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 7:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
jimazjito:

Thanks

Seen, battery is one 12v

Use this as guide

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
ayo1984:
please house how much is 30a 12/24v solar controller?

Good evening... you can contact us
www.jekitech.com; 08031138665 whatsapp or call
-free delivery in lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (1680) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: ATPx, Decentlyproud(m), demandtruth, adeshina36(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.