Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2052577 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (1686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 8:03am On Apr 30, 2020
ojeysky:

By AC on do you mean utility on or your air conditioner? I decided to power on my Air Conditioner just for check, difference was a little above 100w.

Now tell me, are you saying that you were solely on battery with a load of over 600w and the loss (and inverter consumption) was a total of 28w?
yes with my air conditioner on and on battery. No public power. I can't be on public power at the same time battery voltage will be 49v. The 100w you are wasting will power my fridge, 3 ceiling fan and 5 bulbs �

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IRAPADA(m): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2020
Pls is it normal for my battery to charge too early,I'm new to using solar system.i have this gxq Inverter I bought more than 10year ago, recently I bought 2*180w sunfit solar panels and zedix 150ah battery,and 30A sms pwm charge controller,I also used denki 6mm cable to run the system. I also used the system from 11am to 11pm though I sometimes off it in-between.my loads are small ox fan(latest one), tv led 43 and 26"(I always used the small one).the main issue is that after 1 off the system at night ,2 bar most have drop from the battery indicator on the charge controller, by morning before 10am or 11am everything is full back.is that normal or I'm using wrong setting
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2020
JUO:
yes with my air conditioner on and on battery. No public power. I can't be on public power at the same time battery voltage will be 49v. The 100w you are wasting will power my fridge, 3 ceiling fan and 5 bulbs

Interesting, though I think the bold may be an exaggeration, but I note that you are on 48v, normally efficiency is improved as you climb up the ladder, nevertheless I think your system efficiency is better. What kind/brand of inverter are you using? Will see if there will be a difference with MPP when it comes back alive.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 11:26am On Apr 30, 2020
IRAPADA:
Pls is it normal for my battery to charge too early,I'm new to using solar system.i have this gxq Inverter I bought more than 10year ago, recently I bought 2*180w sunfit solar panels and zedix 150ah battery,and 30A sms pwm charge controller,I also used denki 6mm cable to run the system. I also used the system from 11am to 11pm though I sometimes off it in-between.my loads are small ox fan(latest one), tv led 43 and 26"(I always used the small one).the main issue is that after 1 off the system at night ,2 bar most have drop from the battery indicator on the charge controller, by morning before 10am or 11am everything is full back.is that normal or I'm using wrong setting

It's not full and yes it's normal for solar charging, what you are seeing is just the charging voltage, when it's full and if you are using a smart charger it will stop charging.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rhyah(f): 11:59am On Apr 30, 2020
Are batteries really safe for indoor use?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IRAPADA(m): 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2020
Thanks for your reply, I used solar only to charge it cos light in my area is too low due to bad transformer, how do I know when it is fully charged
ojeysky:

It's not full and yes it's normal for solar charging, what you are seeing is just the charging voltage, when it's full and if you are using a smart charger it will stop charging.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
IRAPADA:
Thanks for your reply, I used solar only to charge it cos light in my area is too low due to bad transformer, how do I know when it is fully charged

If you have a clamp meter you can check to see if current is still flowing into the battery, the other option is the resting voltage when not charging and not on load. A full 12v lead acid should be around 12.7 or 12.8v

2 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 1:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
Rhyah:
Are batteries really safe for indoor use?

Just make sure it's well protected from short circuiting and ensure reasonable level of ventilation. Typically a room temperature that you can live in without sweating should be fine for battery as well

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
ojeysky:

Interesting, though I think the bold may be an exaggeration, but I note that you are on 48v, normally efficiency is improved as you climb up the ladder, nevertheless I think your system efficiency is better. What kind/brand of inverter are you using? Will see if there will be a difference with MPP when it comes back alive.
you think so at the bolded? My fridge operates with 30w most times the max is 70w, fan is 5w on lowest speed which is just okay, bulbs is 3w*4, 5w*2. You do the calculation. My inverter is Fangpusun still available at 460k for 3.5kw/48v

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 5:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
3W Led light? grin grin

How many square space are you lighting with 3W bulb?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
JUO:
you think so at the bolded? My fridge operates with 30w most times the max is 70w, fan is 5w on lowest speed which is just okay, bulbs is 3w*4, 5w*2. You do the calculation. My inverter is Fangpusun still available at 460k for 3.5kw/48v

A fridge that sustains at 30 watts. Please what is the model of the fridge, average volume and the product manufacturer?

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 6:59pm On Apr 30, 2020
JUO:

Fan at 5 watt speed eh.....that one na hand fan o, and 3 watt bulb eh? Isorite. With the bolded na KIV o grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
ceaser:

A fridge that sustains at 30 watts. Please what is the model of the fridge, average volume and the product manufacturer?
most times the fridge is on zero consumption cos is permanently on

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 7:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
ojeysky:

Fan at 5 watt speed eh.....that one na hand fan o, and 3 watt bulb eh? Isorite. With the bolded na KIV o grin
I sold the fan to few people here you can confirm from them. My Bulb is the corn type not label

4 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 7:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
JUO:
I sold the fan to few people here you can confirm from them. My Bulb is the corn type not label

Ack!
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by eleojo23: 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
ewizard1:
3W Led light? grin grin

I use 3W bulbs which I got from AliExpress and they provide significant lighting for an average-size room. The maximum wattage of my bulbs is 9w.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by tchijioke: 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
ewizard1:
3W Led light? grin grin

These are not the regular energy saver bulbs most folks are used to...instead they are led bulbs and believe it they are SUPER BRIGHT
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
tchijioke:

These are not the regular energy saver bulbs most folks are used to...instead they are led bulbs and believe it they are SUPER BRIGHT
I know the difference between Energy saving bulb and LED Bulb. I was using Energy savers and switched to LED when I installed my inverter system. I replaced my 40W AKT Spiral Energy saving with 10W Led and the lightening is same.

I currently use 2 10W AKT LED buld in each of my sitting and bedroom. I have seen what the bulb is capable of. 3W bulb would have very low lumens rating which I cant even use in my rooms.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by fogeg87963: 12:00am On May 01, 2020
ewizard1:

I know the difference between Energy saving bulb and LED Bulb.

I currently use 2 10W AKT LED buld in each of my sitting and bedroom. I have seen what the bulb is capable of. 3W bulb would have very low lumens rating which I cant even use in my rooms.

Try LUX, 5w, bought them at Game Stores,
my bedroom size is about 21 feet by 14.5 feet and only 1 of the bulbs, everywhere is so bright
Got em for 750 around 2018
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ewizard1: 12:14am On May 01, 2020
fogeg87963:

Try LUX, 5w, bought them at Game Stores,
my bedroom size is about 21 feet by 14.5 feet and only 1 of the bulbs, everywhere is so bright
Got em for 750 around 2018
Alright, would look out for it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 5:17am On May 01, 2020
I have to do this just to convince some of you. I switched off every other load apart from 2 ceiling fans, 3w*2, 5w*2 now check out the consumption and do the calculations yourselves. The inverter is taking less than 12w

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:44am On May 01, 2020
olaolu11:

You never by mistake "body" fan and he fall everything come scatter? My in-laws fans dey like that. Rope way dem take tie am together pass as agbero tie load for oshodi

grin

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:51am On May 01, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:52am On May 01, 2020
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:53am On May 01, 2020
ojeysky:

I think fan is DC ceiling fan, not standing fan.

@ juo can you recommend an efficient chest freezer with same or close power usage?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 7:58am On May 01, 2020
JUO:
I have to do this just to convince some of you. I switched off every other load apart from 2 ceiling fans, 3w*2, 5w*2 now check out the consumption and do the calculations yourselves. The inverter is taking less than 12w

0.58 power factor.... This thing de sabi pain me ni. Lol
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 8:06am On May 01, 2020
Trippledots:

I think fan is DC ceiling fan, not standing fan.

@ juo can you recommend an efficient chest freezer with same or close power usage?
I only know of LG. That is what I have tested

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Rhyah(f): 8:54am On May 01, 2020
tipzy001:
Nice. Where can I get it for the price please? Also how much and where can I get the TDS tester... And your panel, how many watts are you using and how much can I get it for? It's probably best I buy them myself and then call the installer to come fix it... And if you don't mind can you share a picture of your battery for me? Also what's your review of the battery? Does it last long? Thank you

Contact Francis 07032591137 for TDS meter (Analog and Digital)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 8:58am On May 01, 2020
JUO:

How much do you sell the 3.5kw/24v?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 9:25am On May 01, 2020
ojeysky:

How much do you sell the 3.5kw/24v?
440k without remote control

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 9:51am On May 01, 2020
You can see I loaded over 3kw on the 3.5kw without any stress
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 10:34am On May 01, 2020
JUO:

this inverter sweet o,
JUST THAT ITS EXPENSIVE
is it hybrid?..ie with inbuilt CC?

(1) (2) (3) ... (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) ... (1686) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Dam5reey(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.