Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2051871 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (1685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
High quality 350w ET solar panels , Era , Restar & Jinko mono modules .. Durable Vietnamese 63kg deep cycle batteries now available !

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
Good evening all,please we are looking at getting a solar water heater.Would appreciate recommendations on the one to go for, cost and also installation tips.We want one that will be connected directly to solar our panels.Is that possible?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ayo1984: 10:54pm On Apr 28, 2020
unicmarket:

It’s generally a good controller, what is the size of the panel array you are using it with, and please ensure you follow its guide lines(user manual) for better performance of the controller.

Jekitech.com, whatsapp or call 08031138665
Sales and delivery | Installation|Free consultations

I have 5 (100 watts, 12v) solar panels connected in parallel for a single battery. I just bought a new battery (I am thinking connecting the solar panels in series)
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 11:20pm On Apr 28, 2020
ayo1984:

I have 5 (100 watts, 12v) solar panels connected in parallel for a single battery. I just bought a new battery (I am thinking connecting the solar panels in series)

Good evening sir...

That’s the thing, your connection is mainly a function of your solar charge controller’s input range; so as not to surpass the max voltage thereby destroy your cc, so please specify your controller if you’ve gotten one,

And also specify the Open circuit voltage of your each solar panel. (Label Right behind the panel or better still take a picture of it) Ensure when you connect in series it does not reach the max of the the cc input voltage.

www.jekitech.com, call or whatsapp 08031138665
Free consultations | sales and delivery
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 2:17am On Apr 29, 2020
queenfav:
Good evening all,please we are looking at getting a solar water heater.Would appreciate recommendations on the one to go for, cost and also installation tips.We want one that will be connected directly to solar our panels.Is that possible?

Someone installed a solar water heater four years ago here, here is the thread detailing about the process: https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/183#50744403

There was even a breakdown of cost and some comparison with getting a conventional heating system here: https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/185#51106187

But that was FOUR years ago, prices are bound to have changed, either it is now higher or lower. Good luck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by spartacus11(m): 4:36am On Apr 29, 2020
ceaser:

I think for shipping, Konga is always in the range of 1k5 to 2k5 for light goods. It's only on heavy luggages like battery, panels and other heavy luggages that you get charged another 3k5 for heavy packages.

Bro na d lock down cause am jumia is normally 810 naira, but there is an increase now to 1200 to 1600 but that is for item under Jumia Express

Even Gen self na 1600 under jumia express normally na 810.

And it is only Jumia Express item that shipping is even guaranteed on jumia right about now unfortunately the Ac/DC fan is not under jumia Express items

It's been long i even use my konga account self

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 5:44am On Apr 29, 2020
mctfopt:

Someone installed a solar water heater four years ago here, here is the thread detailing about the process: https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/183#50744403

There was even a breakdown of cost and some comparison with getting a conventional heating system here: https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/185#51106187

But that was FOUR years ago, prices are bound to have changed, either it is now higher or lower. Good luck
wow, thanks a lot Oga.I am certain prices are higher now.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bisi12004: 7:10am On Apr 29, 2020
Good morning. Please I need the recommendation for the capacity of an inverter and number of solar panels that can operate 3 units of 1.5hp ac and two deep freezer. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 8:42am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=bisi12004 post=88975230]Good morning. Please I need the recommendation for the capacity of an inverter and number of solar panels that can operate 3 units of 1.5hp ac and two deep freezer. Thanks [/quote

Visit mercurydirect.com.ng there is a link there where you can learn how to calculate your load

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bisi12004: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=olaolu11 post=88977882][/quote]thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2020
queenfav:

I bought and installed this towards the end of last year. I have a big family so I bought the 300ltrs own. Cost me 300k then, don't know what it's going for now. You can buy smaller ones depending on your pocket. I installed myself so won't be in the best place to give an installation cost.

Also, they have nothing to do with your solar panels or power providing. The solar reference here are laminated glass tubes that use sun power to heat up water & store in a large cooler for your use.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by adrusa: 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
essegis:

I bought and installed this towards the end of last year. I have a big family so I bought the 300ltrs own. Cost me 300k then, don't know what it's going for now. You can buy smaller ones depending on your pocket. I installed myself so won't be in the best place to give an installation cost.

Also, they have nothing to do with your solar panels or power providing. The solar reference here are laminated glass tubes that use sun power to heat up water & store in a large cooler for your use.

So, how effective has it been? Kindly do a mini review. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Barezzi(m): 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nice! I also want to read about your review/experience(s) so far.
I plan to go that route, but the amount of rework necessary to adapt to my current setup looks daunting.
How did you modify your AC water heater connections?

essegis:
I bought and installed this towards the end of last year. I have a big family so I bought the 300ltrs own.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by queenfav(f): 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2020
essegis:

wow, thanks...it's cool then.My family is a small one...6 persons max,so we may not need up to 50 litres even.pls installers and sellers in the house,can u kindly help with cost estimate?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
I was talking with someone this morning and he mentioned something about 500watts panel? Is there a 500watts panel truly? If yes, what's the voltage, 12v or 24v. And cost if possible. Thanks
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by essegis(m): 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
Barezzi:
Nice! I also want to read about your review/experience(s) so far.
I plan to go that route, but the amount of rework necessary to adapt to my current setup looks daunting.
How did you modify your AC water heater connections?

This was installed in a new house I have not yet packed into. Though we have tested it numerously in the early mornings and even with shower, water gets very hot. As for the AC connections I just terminated them, only installed for a future use in case this messes up (though I don't see that happening anymore).

Its rigid, simple and has removed water heating costs from my light bill. I will still give better reviews when I move in and use for a while.

3 Likes

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 4:12pm On Apr 29, 2020
Saipro:

Idle or under load? My Victron VE.Direct 48V is 12W too, under heavy loads (tare of 9W)
under load is about 30w. My felicity under same load is about 200w
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2020
JUO:
Fangpusun flex max 80a 150k
Fangpusun flex max 60a 120k
Fangpusun blue solar 30-70a 38k for 30a, 48k for 50a, 110k 60a, 120k for 70a
Xtm 3.5kw/48v 460k
XTH 5.5kw/48v 900k
delivery available in lagos state
Lithium batteries and BMS available soon (all sizes)
080-98733-709
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by earthrealm(m): 8:05pm On Apr 29, 2020
olaolu11:

Is it sturdy(strong). That's why I don't like century looks too fragile to me. This boscon is sturdy but 40 watts when I can get <25watts?

the qasa looks more sturdier.
but to me, no be to blow breeze?...sturdy or not..it gets the job done cool
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
JUO:
under load is about 30w. My felicity under same load is about 200w

Which model is that? cos am using felicity as well (though 24v) and it's less than 50w
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
ojeysky:

Which model is that? cos am using felicity as well (though 24v) and it's less than 50w
3.5/24
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2020
ojeysky:

how did you get the the 50w? Cos felicity I know takes more than that on idle and over 200w on heavy load
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
100ah Zee power battery available, #35000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ceaser: 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Graphene batteries on the beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnE1nO6o-do

Just went back some clicks on this thread and bumped across a 2016 post which belies belief that it may be not be within common reach for years to come.

Four years down the line, it's becoming common sight and gradually being the new fad for DIY enthusiasts even on this thread.

Things can only get better.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Dam5reey(m): 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
Seems there is a mix up with Inverter efficiency and No load consumption.

No load consumption means Idle consumption of the invested itself converting AC to DC.

Then efficiency kick in, when you start loading, it Ranges depends on the inverter you use, some Inverter have good efficiency and bad efficiency..

It's the ratio of Input power to the out put power

At 10% load efficiency is different from 50% load , 100% load and so on..
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
JUO:
how did you get the the 50w? Cos felicity I know takes more than that on idle and over 200w on heavy load

Through my BMV and cross checked with my clamp meter as well. Figure in red is from BMV while the white(AC out) is from inverter, the difference is the consumption of the inverter plus, BMV consumption plus Q factor which is minimal.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 11:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
ojeysky:

Through my BMV and cross checked with my clamp meter as well. Figure in red is from BMV while the white(AC out) is from inverter, the difference is the consumption of the inverter plus, BMV consumption plus Q factor which is minimal.
okay, check under heavy load and believe me you will not use it again
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by JUO(m): 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2020
ojeysky:

with AC on =28w

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by ojeysky(m): 12:04am On Apr 30, 2020
JUO:
with AC on =28w

By AC on do you mean utility on or your air conditioner? I decided to power on my Air Conditioner just for check, difference was a little above 100w.

Now tell me, are you saying that you were solely on battery with a load of over 600w and the loss (and inverter consumption) was a total of 28w?

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Trippledots(m): 12:04am On Apr 30, 2020
mctfopt:

How do they hold up during the rainy season tho?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by mctfopt: 4:28am On Apr 30, 2020
Trippledots:

How do they hold up during the rainy season tho?

I think GeorgeD1 will be in the best position to answer how this solar heater works during the peak of the rainy season when there is little sun.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by olaolu11(m): 6:27am On Apr 30, 2020
earthrealm:

the qasa looks more sturdier.
but to me, no be to blow breeze?...sturdy or not..it gets the job done cool

You never by mistake "body" fan and he fall everything come scatter? My in-laws fans dey like that. Rope way dem take tie am together pass as agbero tie load for oshodi

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (1685) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: Adinije(f), cybaj09, Abiono28 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.