Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA - Satellite TV Technology (951) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA (2090732 Views)

UPS Back-up, Also A Complement To FTA / FTA Frequency / Cctv Installation A Complement To Fta And Solar Energy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) ... (1708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 10:36am On Feb 22, 2021
IYGEAL:

Yea...looking for the board.

I was thinking it might be a fuse problem, but couldn't find any fuse on the board.

It's an expensive lesson learnt.

here

1 Share

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:39am On Feb 22, 2021
Ideally lifting panels on the rooftop is a 2 man job with each man fully kitted in safety harness and secured to scaffolding.

The weight will not be a big deal when handled by 2 people.

ceaser:

Na wa o. One would probably need a crane to carry this 450 watts panel during installation.

To manually lift a 360 watts during installation is ardous already.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2021
Valto:

here

They need it sent to them.

I'd revert when the repair guys I gave it return it.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:56am On Feb 22, 2021
I second this and would add to avoid Gel batteries altogether except you really know what you are doing and have a fat budget.

Gels simply don't do well in moderate to high C rate applications. To make it work you must oversize the battery bank and also get the perfect charge algorithm.

Size too small or overcharge/undercharge very few times and the batteries are irredeemably gone gone gone.

Valto:
i will advise u get an original Fullriver 200Ah. gel batteries is good to be bought premium, which felicity is not.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 11:01am On Feb 22, 2021
It is best you figure out what really broke that inverter before proceeding.

I keep reading glowing tributes about the axpert hybrids and their many variants. I have used a few and none ever impressed me. In fact they all dissappointed me - I gave up on them after trying Steca and still thesame story.

Perhaps I simply always ask too much of them (axperts) in my installations. Conversely Victron has never dissappointed me. I am looking at Deyes now with some hope in my heart but still concerned about after sales support.

IYGEAL:

Yea...looking for the board. Currently using a 12V backup. Ordered for another inverter as well.

I was thinking it might be a fuse problem, but couldn't find any fuse on the board.

It's an expensive lesson learnt.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by Valto(m): 11:06am On Feb 22, 2021
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 11:46am On Feb 22, 2021
Please house, I need a layman explanations on how best to charge this battery with NEPA and what LVD (low voltage disconnect) value can it be set at to prolong it life.
General advise based on usage of this type of battery and best way to use it.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 11:47am On Feb 22, 2021
and this

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by IYGEAL(m): 12:42pm On Feb 22, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
It is best you figure out what really broke that inverter before proceeding.

I keep reading glowing tributes about the axpert hybrids and their many variants. I have used a few and none ever impressed me. In fact they all dissappointed me - I gave up on them after trying Steca and still thesame story.

Perhaps I simply always ask too much of them (axperts) in my installations. Conversely Victron has never dissappointed me. I am looking at Deyes now with some hope in my heart but still concerned about after sales support.

Is SMK also an Axpert variant?
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by CAROLYN19: 1:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
For your Industrial Power Backup Equipment, call/Watsapp us on 08066332919. Nationwide delivery.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
bbally:
Please house, I need a layman explanations on how best to charge this battery with NEPA and what LVD (low voltage disconnect) value can it be set at to prolong it life.
General advise based on usage of this type of battery and best way to use it.

According to them

The battery as 6cells
Each cell at 0% reads 1.80v
1.80v x 6 = 10.8v for 0%

But Oga no try am, no matter how good the battery is

Best option is 12.00v that’s 50% depth of discharge

Your worse is 11.5v , about 30%

But I present you option A and B, choose A, that you may enjoy your battery longer!

I hope it helped a little

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by odimbannamdi(m): 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2021
Valto:
good. hope your inverter have adjustable settings as quanta charging profile is quite different from similar AGM in the market.

What is the best setting for Quanta? My present battery bank has a max bulk and float charge of 15v and 13.8v, respect, and my charging system (combo of Brighton inverter and Anjing charger) is smart enough to operate within these bounds. I recall that Quanta has a charge requirements lesser than those.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2021
adrusa:

By the way your modbus config is missing a parameter called "scale". That is why your battery voltage is 513V instead of 51.3V grin

@adrusa
Thanks so much. I have corrected it. I didn't know about the scale parameter. I also found out about the precision parameter too and my config is ok now.

Both Mosquito and Node-red is running fine on my system now. I want to learn the node-red now so that I can start programming it. Do you have any guide you can recommend. I have downloaded some youtube videos anyway but I just want anyone that will do the job straight.

Thanks.

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 8:55pm On Feb 22, 2021
unicmarket:

According to them

The battery as 6cells
Each cell at 0% reads 1.80v
1.80v x 6 = 10.8v for 0%

But Oga no try am, no matter how good the battery is

Best option is 12.00v that’s 50% depth of discharge

Your worse is 11.5v , about 30%

But I present you option A and B, choose A, that you may enjoy your battery longer!

I hope it helped a little

thank you sir for taking your time to respond to my question but on the spec sheet it was written that the recommended charging is 36A and my ipowerplus 1kva inverter only have 10/20A current setting.
which do you think will be right to charge with but at present am using the 20A.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 9:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
Please what tool are you using on your raspberry to harvest this basic data?

I believe the device making the info is a BMV?

babaegun:

@adrusa
Thanks so much. I have corrected it. I didn't know about the scale parameter. I also found out about the precision parameter too and my config is ok now.

Both Mosquito and Node-red is running fine on my system now. I want to learn the node-red now so that I can start programming it. Do you have any guide you can recommend. I have downloaded some youtube videos anyway but I just want anyone that will do the job straight.

Thanks.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by babaegun(m): 9:37pm On Feb 22, 2021
NiyiOmoIyunade:
Please what tool are you using on your raspberry to harvest this basic data?
I believe the device making the info is a BMV?

Yes. Its BMV 712. So install home assistant and integrate it. (hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir2gYbuwI3s)

Check out these sites (but you will need to change hxxps to https)

hxxps://community.victronenergy.com/questions/12314/connecting-rpi-with-venusos-mqtt-to-home-assistant.html
hxxps://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/sensor.modbus
hxxps://github.com/victronenergy/dbus_modbustcp/blob/master/CCGX-Modbus-TCP-register-list.xlsx
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 9:38pm On Feb 22, 2021
bbally:

thank you sir for taking your time to respond to my question but on the spec sheet it was written that the recommended charging is 36A and my ipowerplus 1kva inverter only have 10/20A current setting.
which do you think will be right to charge with but at present am using the 20A.

My candid opinion:

It’s ok, the “recommended current” is the max Charging current

How charger works ;
Charging does not start at 20a and ends there, as the battery gets full, your charger regulates the amps by reducing the input per time

It’s Good. You can use it.

Lastly, as concerning charging, the most destructive part is the voltage, and seeing that the voltage of you are charging with is ok.

You’ll be fine.

if you get exact 36a your 1, 12v battery wont ask for all that to charge.

The 36a is a rule of thumb for some batteries, to charge 20% of the total battery ah,
20% of 180 is 36A

and obviously you won’t discharge it below 30%

You are safe!
Safe
And
Safe
Forever grin
Its ok.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by wilmaria14: 10:10pm On Feb 22, 2021
ceaser:

Na wa o. One would probably need a crane to carry this 450 watts panel during installation.

To manually lift a 360 watts during installation is ardous already.
I dey tell u
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by NiyiOmoIyunade(m): 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
The BMV supports an ancient text protocol, serial comms and modbus TCP amongst others I think.

I access the BMV output via serial port and post to EmonCMS with my own custom script. I favor own brew over using bloated ready made solutions and this also helps keep my coding skills above par while giving me extreme flexibility and a bullet proof process as well as deep understanding of the internal workings and how everything comes together.

I was just curious as the interface you posted looks so different from the typical access methods I have ever seen. Now I know how you did it!

Thank you very much.

babaegun:

Yes. Its BMV 712. So install home assistant and integrate it. (hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir2gYbuwI3s)

Check out these sites (but you will need to change hxxps to https)

hxxps://community.victronenergy.com/questions/12314/connecting-rpi-with-venusos-mqtt-to-home-assistant.html
hxxps://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/sensor.modbus
hxxps://github.com/victronenergy/dbus_modbustcp/blob/master/CCGX-Modbus-TCP-register-list.xlsx

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2021
unicmarket:

My candid opinion:

It’s ok, the “recommended current” is the max Charging current

How charger works ;
Charging does not start at 20a and ends there, as the battery gets full, your charger regulates the amps by reducing the input per time

It’s Good. You can use it.

Lastly, as concerning charging, the most destructive part is the voltage, and seeing that the voltage of you are charging with is ok.

You’ll be fine.

if you get exact 36a your 1, 12v battery wont ask for all that to charge.

The 36a is a rule of thumb for some batteries, to charge 20% of the total battery ah,
20% of 180 is 36A

and obviously you won’t discharge it below 30%

You are safe!
Safe
And
Safe
Forever grin
Its ok.

thanks again for been there and I really appreciate but once again what can I do or change to as my knife switch change-over always get hot (inverter side) when in use?
abeg no vex for my question.
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by unicmarket: 11:28pm On Feb 22, 2021
bbally:

thanks again for been there and I really appreciate but once again what can I do or change to as my knife switch change-over always get hot (inverter side) when in use?
abeg no vex for my question.

Please confirm if there is partial contact in your connection, shake the cables a little, if there is a loosed cable tighten it, if not then

Buy original knife switch and replace

Confirm your load wattage and wattage of the knife switch in use - It’s probably not a rating issue though, but check, there may be a need for replacement if, you find the issue still persists
Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:35am On Feb 23, 2021
DISCOUNTED PRICES!!!

-German phocos 5kw 48v (inbuilt 80a mppt) hybrid inverter with batteryless feature ... 550,000

- Exide 200a tubular battery .... 125,000

- Multipower 220a tubular battery ... 120,000

- Genus 230a tubular carbon battery .... 130,000

- SMK 40a 12/48v (lithium compatible) lcd mppt ..... 70,000

- Battery balancers 48v.... 35,000

- Pro solar roof mount set (comfortably takes 4 units of 300 to 500w panels) ... 35,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by kiekie1(m): 1:46am On Feb 23, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N16,000
12v 150a.......N12,000
12v 100a.......N8,000
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:06am On Feb 23, 2021
3kva 24v MUST hybrid inverter still available, #180,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:07am On Feb 23, 2021
5kva 48v MUST hybrid inverter still available, #280,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:08am On Feb 23, 2021
2.3kva 24v microtek inverter still available, #93,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:09am On Feb 23, 2021
48v battery equalizer still available, #30,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:10am On Feb 23, 2021
24v battery equalizer still available, #20,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by bbally: 7:10am On Feb 23, 2021
unicmarket:

Please confirm if there is partial contact in your connection, shake the cables a little, if there is a loosed cable tighten it, if not then

Buy original knife switch and replace

Confirm your load wattage and wattage of the knife switch in use - It’s probably not a rating issue though, but check, there may be a need for replacement if, you find the issue still persists

thanks again, the switch is 63A and my load is 180-200W max. I thought it's partial contact too but I av loosen it and reconnect but still the same.
please, do you have a picture of the original knife switch so I know what am looking for in the market. I will appreciate any one that can post the picture.

1 Like

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:11am On Feb 23, 2021
200AH 12v Gaston battery now available, #105,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:12am On Feb 23, 2021
200AH 12v Venus battery still available, #90,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

Re: Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA by justcallmenuel(m): 7:13am On Feb 23, 2021
150AH 12v Venus battery still available, #65,000. Call/WhatsApp us on 08168986461

(1) (2) (3) ... (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) ... (1708) (Reply)

FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: aviona, toyeoye(m), Dishtech(m), sharks776(m), Mykcool(m), Trippledots(m), Edrizz(m), samnaija and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.