Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,338 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697686 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2017
Like West Virginia
cosade:

I can relate with you, in most states in USA having a car is a necessity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2017
Too close, flight by then will be very expensive. Why not defer till spring?
Seriousbuyer:

Hello good morning,
I am new here and really hope this meets you well. I am really worried right now as my student visa to saints Joseph's university in us was denied yesterday of which I decided to try again but the available date is 22nd of this month and my school's orientation is on the 24th of this month and resumption is on the 28, now I really need you guys advice do you think I should still pay for the visa fee again? Plus I was also thinking I could mail the school to explain my plight to them so they could exempt me from the orientation program (At Least I can use that to defend myself at the embassy if I am ever asked) as the visa would take 3 working days after the approval. Pls get back soon so I don't miss the available appointment again which is 22nd of this month.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:43am On Aug 09, 2017
pandamonium:

Thanks for ur response. However, it's a different sch and different semester. More precisely, Like school xyz in Texas (spring 2018) to sch ABC in Kentucky (Fall 2018)

Then why dont u wait till fall and apply for visa to ABC from the begining

For xyz i think its still possible but if it was me i would then get a new i20 for xyz reflecting fall . Travel with that and the next day start the transfer to Abc. ... technically this is not wrong so world people free me grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:45am On Aug 09, 2017
cosade:

I can relate with you, in most states in USA having a car is a necessity.

True. .. there are so many states with no or very poor public transportation.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2017
Seriousbuyer:

Hello good morning,
I am new here and really hope this meets you well. I am really worried right now as my student visa to saints Joseph's university in us was denied yesterday of which I decided to try again but the available date is 22nd of this month and my school's orientation is on the 24th of this month and resumption is on the 28, now I really need you guys advice do you think I should still pay for the visa fee again? Plus I was also thinking I could mail the school to explain my plight to them so they could exempt me from the orientation program (At Least I can use that to defend myself at the embassy if I am ever asked) as the visa would take 3 working days after the approval. Pls get back soon so I don't miss the available appointment again which is 22nd of this month.

Thanks

Hi. Before you start paying for visa fees again, it would be useful to have an idea of why you were rejected in the first place. Can you post a transcript of your interview so we can help you analyze what went wrong?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Chibaby98(f): 8:25am On Aug 09, 2017
femi312:
Purchase courier service? I am not underestimating you but I dont think you can afford FEdex nor DHL. .....Anyway if you meant mobile network carrier , Lycamobile is your best bet if they have network in your area.

Thanks femi... I meant mobile network carrier...... Guess the courier service was a mistake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by olabs201(m): 8:26am On Aug 09, 2017
Visa approved...transcript loading
Na mercy

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cosade(m): 8:27am On Aug 09, 2017
Easylife338:
Hello house please what do I do? I need someone with good experience. My sister is now in Mitigan US. Before she left, we opened a dollar account for her, in the process of opening the account, they said they needed two referees, we got that, after they confirmed that the two referees had called them, my sister tried to check into the hotel today, as they tried to use the card, it fell through. Right now, she sent me a whatsapp message becuase I was asleep, "i'm in trouble, they want to arrest me for fraud". We called the GTbank after five hours of receiving the message, I being one of the referee, called gtbank customer service. I was told they had processed it already that there are few questions she will need to answer, that there is a way she will need to use the card. Who has information on how to go about this? Please.

Do not panic because a pain staking investigation would be done before arresting a suspect in US. If you use a debit card and it failed you simply pay by other means such as cash, wire transfer etc. Ask for the phone number of her College Advisor and talk to the person explaining the circumstances that led to the decline of transaction. You should be prepared to do a wire transfer to the school directly if need be.

I believe the debit card is issued in her name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by soderican(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2017
Please how do I go about getting a medical history as requested by my school. What exactly should it look like. Pls I need help with answers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by janeade(f): 8:37am On Aug 09, 2017
Good morning to the house... Wonderful n educative thread...God bless everyone here...
Pls gurus in d house I need your help badly...my interview is coming very soon...pls I need someone to help me with mock interview... Pls just send me your email...pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 8:56am On Aug 09, 2017
I'm really curious. What time do we actually get interviewed? For instance, my interview is at 6.30am, what time will I most likely be interviewed? What time can I expect to be done?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Silva094: 9:34am On Aug 09, 2017
Spring 2018 applicants to ETSU and Troy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chinemomah2020(m): 9:36am On Aug 09, 2017
Bandeco:

.The bolded is a big laugh. How is a believe in god an innate desire.? If not for parent and society brainwashing, no-one will give a fccckkk about God. We were all born without knowing any damn religion. Ever wonder most people( if not all) assumes the religion of their parents and/or the religion prevalent in their geography of origin.

God is man-made IMHO. I am sure God(s) - if it/they exist does not care a hoot about human welfare on planet earth.

At bold.. Humm tongue are you for real? mennn una don plenty for this thread ooo. Even the so called Americans believe in God. they always mention God in everything they do, check their motor, currency and also listen to what a public officer holder always say after given a speech, which is to say they know and believe that God exist even in their sins. So i see no reason why some Nigerians will go to America and start having that mindset that God don't exist. well it's your choice to believe whatever you want but please don't come here and say that rubbish @ bold. personally i have not been to church for the last 3yrs here in nigeria but i strongly believe there is God and he exist. anytime i pray or fast, i always get result but mind you am not a saint.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by olukoredejay: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2017
Good morning house,
Your suggestions and help will be appreciated.
Please for those who applied and admitted to the University of central Oklahoma,
were you required to pay at least $3000 of the deposit before an I-20 was issued.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by olukoredejay: 9:48am On Aug 09, 2017
Congrats bro,
were you asked to send your transcript for evaluation with WES or other transcript evaluating bodies?
Cos I am planning to apply for the same course in the same school.
Thanks.

Good morning everyone. I am a silent follower and my visa was approved on the 21st of July 2017. I want to thank Almighty God for everything. The journey wasn't easy from looking for schools, to writing exams, to paying sevis and finally getting the Visa. I also want to thank Lagosismyhome and texrem. They replied my pm even when it wasn't convenient. Nairaland has really done a lot of tutoring and I'm glad I came upon this thread as at the time I did.

Here is my transcript.

V.o: Good morning
Me: Good morning
V.o: why are you going to the U.S
Me: I'm going for my masters in economics at the city college of new York.
V.o: How did you hear about this school
V.o: I was looking for a school that offers masters in economics so I used Google.com, msinus.com, usnews.com and I streamlined using my area of concentration which is finance.
V.o: How many schools did you apply to.
Me: Two schools
V.o: name the other one
Me: Georgia state university
V.o: where did you have your other degree
Me: I had my bachelors degree in economics at obafemi awolowo university ile-ife
V.o: Masters in economics right
Me..Yes
V.o...Differentiate between micro and macro economics
Me...micro economics is the study of smaller economic unit in the society while macro economics is the study of aggregate economic unit of the society like inflation, GDP, national income..Here, v.o was just nodding.
V.o..who is sponsoring
Me..My brother and his wife
V.o...what do they do
Me..They are both registered nurses
V.o ..and they live in new York..looking at his system
Me..yes they live in new York
They live in new York. I was actually scared here like they live in new York and I'm going to new York.
V.o..I will be approving your visa and he gave me the white paper
Me..Thank you. You are the best...I did not wait to hear the rest.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by onicemus1(m): 9:54am On Aug 09, 2017
Thank God once more and to my family members... my people I dey United States now.. I said to my self I'll type this POE experience and it'll be a stress free one..
so I left to Abuja airport by 9.. flight was by 2pm.. I did the checks in.. trust me, EGYPTAIR is the best.. we got to Egypt though we were delayed at Egypt airport for 3 hours before we were assigned a hotel.. come see 5 star hotel.. we left Egypt by 9 and landed JFK by 3.. meanwhile EGYPTAIR was strict to time.. we even boarded early and left early for both Abuja to Cairo and Cairo to New York

So when I got to JFK intl airport, I queued up at the POE.. people plenty for Poe o... omo the amount of people there seemed like half population of Nigeria ..
and here's what transpired
CO: good Day how're u?
Me: I'm good. Good Evening
CO: What food u carrying
Me: just groundnut
And that was it.. he stamped me in.. JFK big mehn.. I even lost my way.. now on my way to Arkansas...

Thanks fam.. forgive the error.. sleep dey my eyes

19 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by nevicochidinma(f): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2017
Good-morning Everybody

please guys i need information on University of Illinois at Springfield (UIS)...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by justsaypie: 10:56am On Aug 09, 2017
Hello house,

I have a question to ask, is it possible that your visa is denied after you have gotten the white paper and asked to come back in 3 days to pick your passport?
I was chatting with a friend last night and he was explaining to me that someone he knows was denied after getting the white paper from the embassy, reason was that the 'VO/Embassy checked the documents he submitted with the school during his application and discovered that he submitted a fake account statement'...
I have a hard time believing this but I need to be sure and confirm from gurus on here that have more experience with stuff like this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 11:03am On Aug 09, 2017
justsaypie:
Hello house,

I have a question to ask, is it possible that your visa is denied after you have gotten the white paper and asked to come back in 3 days to pick your passport?
I was chatting with a friend last night and he was explaining to me that someone he knows was denied after getting the white paper from the embassy, reason was that the 'VO/Embassy checked the documents he submitted with the school during his application and discovered that he submitted a fake account statement'...
I have a hard time believing this but I need to be sure and confirm from gurus on here that have more experience with stuff like this.

Well, if you do not bring fake/ falsified documents to your interview, it is not something you should worry about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:04am On Aug 09, 2017
justsaypie:
Hello house,

I am not a VO so I cannot sayfor sure what exactly is been verified but yes I have heard someone given the white paper and days later was denied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Silva094: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2017
Please those who got admission into ETSU, please did you guys fill any health/medical form pior to admission? Someone should help me with the application process. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2017
Easylife338:
Hello house please what do I do? I need someone with good experience. My sister is now in Mitigan US. Before she left, we opened a dollar account for her, in the process of opening the account, they said they needed two referees, we got that, after they confirmed that the two referees had called them, my sister tried to check into the hotel today, as they tried to use the card, it fell through. Right now, she sent me a whatsapp message becuase I was asleep, "i'm in trouble, they want to arrest me for fraud". We called the GTbank after five hours of receiving the message, I being one of the referee, called gtbank customer service. I was told they had processed it already that there are few questions she will need to answer, that there is a way she will need to use the card. Who has information on how to go about this? Please.

She can call GTB directly to activate the card. Call GTconnect. Its a 24hrs interactive customer care. She ought to have done that before she travelled. I am sure the person that gave her the card must have told her 2 things: change your pin and call to activate your card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dejanbaba: 11:13am On Aug 09, 2017
pandamonium:

Ok. Thanks for the info. Pls I would like to know if u transferred to a new semester or to the same semester? ( i.e. from spring to spring or spring to fall; or from fall to fall or from fall to spring)
I was meant to begin classes this fall. But I have transferred to begin at a different school. Fall-Fall

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by blesyndy360: 11:13am On Aug 09, 2017
Good morning everyone pls I need help on mock interview ..Thanks and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by twizzie: 11:19am On Aug 09, 2017
It just baffles me that a man will rather believe he evolved from an Ape than believe he was created by a God.. What do I know, Intelligence is rather relative...
TWoods:

You jumped the gun, you should have asked me to clarify my stance first. As is typical of the overly religious Nigerian, you seem to equate "love for god" with ubiquitous using of his name, even when it is not relevant. I do not understand why corrupt people, people who don't prepare in advance, the lazy and those seeking to abuse laws think that god blesses anything they do, as long as they add his name to it. The Bible is clear, God isn't mocked, whatsoever a man does, that shall he reap. I love God... but it's not those that shout lord lord who will enter into the kingdom.

In the very same post by the fellow seeking God for favor for a visa, it is quite obvious many of his proposed visa responses were rehearsed lies. But yet he asks god to bless his labor! Let's be clear, the average Nigerian is about the most religious individual on earth. I guarantee it has zero to do with genuine faith, but a false religiosity borne out of lack and frustration. I'm not impressed by your loud prayers when you need a visa, it's what you do with your faith when no one is watching or when you have all you need that matters most. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by blesyndy360: 11:21am On Aug 09, 2017
Good morning pls do you knw of anyone who can help with mock interviews . Pls I need and you need it too for the main interview. What uni did you apply to??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by blesyndy360: 11:23am On Aug 09, 2017
Good morning pls do you knw of anyone who can help with mock interviews . Pls I need and you need it too for the main interview. Which uni did you apply to??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2017
Hello gurus!! I will be going for my 2nd interview next week. I have prepared a transcript. Pls help me criticise and advice me on this...

Why BYUI? 

Of all the schools I applied to, ByuI's mechanical engineering curriculum offered me a discipline in two courses I'm interested in. That it mechatronics and robotics and thermal science. Moreover, I have been checked in in an ongoing project, that is the supermileage dynanometer project. This project involves us building a dynanometer that mimics the load a car experiences when its on the road including measuring the engine efficiency and torque effect on the wheels.  This knowledge will help optimize the vehicle for a longer, safe and more effective use. This is really needed in Africa, and I believe this would be great way to start up my career. 

What will this course do for you? 

It will help with the technical skills, knowledge, experience and exposure to work in an automotive firm like innoson motors or an oil company like chevron and also help me achieve my goal of one day owning my automotive firm. 

What have you been doing since high school graduation in 2014?

When i finished highschool in june 2014, by September 2014, I started a computer training institute, computer gradens institute, i did this for three months.  Then by February 2015, I started helping out in my dad's medium scale plumbing firm. I helped in transporting pipes, plumbing machines and tools and also fix them in homes and offices. I was also he engineer, i fixed the machines when they are spoilt.

What is your study plan? 

I will be starting ByuI by September 8th, for my bachelors degree in mechanical engineering. I will be required to take 120 credits in a duration of 48 months. When I graduate I will come back to Nigeria to work for a multinational firm,  say Innoson motors or chevron. 

Did you take sat? 

No, it was waived. I took TOEFL  and i got 87

Why did you apply to only schools in the Midwest? 

Its just coincidence. I searched for schools that offered great domain for practical learning, and I came up with these three schools. 

How did you hear about the school? 

I searched for schools that offered practical learning with great mentorship programs using usnews and Princeton review. That's how i found the school. 

Mention some courses you'll be taking. 

Introduction to engineering 
Parametric CAD
Science foundation .

Who will be sponsoring you?

My dad. He is the treasury manager at XXXX and he also owns his plumbing firm.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by obone4real: 11:46am On Aug 09, 2017
You have got really good vices for people. Keep dropping them people are learning.

AfonjaBoston:

Prof ITK who mentioned luxury?

I have lived in this country way long enough to let you know EVERY CAPITAL. and major city in the USA has a transportation system they may vary in terms of scheduling, sophistication and how fast between routes

He is a student an international at that. He doesn't need no damn car.

Most of them that hustle to get car like that put themselves in unnecessary debt. Get a bicycle or use buses. Am believing his school cannot be more than 6miles away from his home and there are buses in the school also

With good timing and management he will not have problem moving around the first semester.

There will be students graduating that he can buy cheaper cars from after settling down and saving some dough

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by obone4real: 11:50am On Aug 09, 2017
Afonja. name sounds like one of those Yoruba movies that feature the likes of fadeyi Oloro. AJIGI JAGA.
U too tough guy.
Well keep up your advices. It's just your way of dropping it . But it's the truth you give it straight that's how I like it.

AfonjaBoston:

Bros/sister/defender of the universe,

Am lost. Please tell me what the insult was?

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.