Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698363 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Wndy842003: 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
Fenix:

Yes o. Please have you checked the CEAC visa status website? I can just imagine what you must be feeling. My parents could barely sleep themselves. It had been such a harrowing few days.

I pray that the God that caused joy to come in my life will also cause you to smile and laugh.

I have. It's still under administrative processing. But everyone keeps assuring me that it will come out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
Emmyirab:
Vo: okay good. How many schools admitted you apart from this one?
Me: 2, listed them
Vo: why didn't you go to the other schools
Me: then I tried explaining why i chose ByuI. i said of all the schools I applied to, they offered me a combination of mechatronics, automotive engineering and robotics.. (cuts in)
Vo: I mean, you applied to two other schools, why didn't you attend any of them instead.
Me: I tried explaining that ByuI offered me more.. (cuts in)
Vo: that wasn't my question.
Tried explaining again.. Then she gave me blue paper

In Chemistry, a reversible rxn such as this:

A + B <------> C

is the same as

C <------> A + B

You should have flipped your answer and say what others don't offer that BYUI offers instead of what BYUI offers that others don't. It's obvious that he/she tested your ability to think through fast and give a concise answer the way he/she wants it. Work on ways of answering questions precisely, then give it a trial in the nearest future.

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
femi312:
See the post I made sometimes ago below imperioux made mention of ultramobile or so, you can check them out too. If you have a GA or you will be receiving monthly deposit of not less than $200 I think, Bank of America checking account is the best for me, no charge, nothing. But if you wont be receiving monthly deposit in the account you plan to open, each month you dont receive a deposit you will be charged $25. In that case you can check wells fargo too but I have no ideal about there service. And mind you account in the US do enter negative and you will be charged $35 for each overdraft.
Thanks femi.. People here also said the same thing about BOA checking account for students with GA, and I confirmed it aswell from a lady i booked an appointment with in the bank.. But the phone carrier stuff mheen I jonzed, I chose Metro PCs cos it was the cheapest I could see around me and it $36 monthly with free MB maybe 100MB or so..

Thanks for this info brother..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Wndy842003:

I have. It's still under administrative processing. But everyone keeps assuring me that it will come out.

I'm sure it will. The fact that the passport was held back is apparently a good sign from all that I have read. It is just a matter of time. How much time is the issue. Do you have a deadline you have to meet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
imperiouxx:

In chemistry, a reversible rxn such as this:

A + B <------> C

is the same as

C <------> A + B

You should have flipped your answer and say what others don't offer that BYUI offers instead of what BYUI offers that others don't. He/She tested your ability to think through fast and give a concise answer the way he/she wants it.

Chai.. my own questions are always different. First it was why I only applied to schools in the Midwest. Now its this.

Thanks alot anyways
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 2:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ardedaryor:

So sorry about your delay bro,
i guess the VO went through your previous interview transcript, because of the much emphasis on Why school? Could observe the VO rephrased it twice, Instead of explaining reasons you choose Byu-i, I feel a reverse of that response would have sound interesting, something like :
it was a huge decision for me to make a choice after they all offered me admission, but I was interested in mechatronics,automotive and robotics which only BYUi offered that............................

If you can work on your response next trial is yours,
be strong man...

We only fail when we quit trying -- Unknown
True talk man.... Emmy pls be strong and retire u are getting this time..... One thing I would say is be composed and be ready for unexpected questions not just the u rehears.. U understand.... All is well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
Emmyirab:

Okay
Thanks a lot bro
Reapplying ..

LagosismyHome:

Please calm down before reapplying..... perseverance is good but u have to strike the balance between that and maybe waiting a while so you dont dash the embassy your hard earned money.

Only you can make that call but if you already gone twice recently .... think first on what the best approach

I agree. I also would take a pause before reapplying. First, you've spent a LOT of money already...128k for two applications that were denied. Second, maybe it is just me but I feel as if, if they wanted to give you that visa, they would have given you. The fact that they kept asking you why schools in the mid-west and now why this school over other schools. It makes me believe they are not convinced of your application.

Although I'm surprised because BYU is a solid enough school.

Please think carefully. Perhaps you can defer to spring if possible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
Emmyirab:

Chai.. my own questions are always different. First it was why I only applied to schools in the Midwest. Now its this.

Thanks alot anyways

Though I don't know what remark VOs leave on one's profile after interview, may be yours is Q&A incompetence. You should work more on Q&A techniques before trying again. Seems that's what they keep throwing at you and nailing you with.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Fenix:

I agree. I also would take a pause before reapplying. First, you've spent a LOT of money already...128k for two applications that were denied. Second, maybe it is just me but I feel as if, if they wanted to give you that visa, they would have given you. The fact that they kept asking you why schools in the mid-west and now why this school over other schools. It makes me believe they are not convinced of your application.

Although I'm surprised because BYU is a solid enough school.

Please think carefully. Perhaps you can defer to spring if possible.
Okay. I just wanted to give it one more shot before deferring
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2017
imperiouxx:

Though I don't know what remark VOs leave on one's profile but may be yours is Q&A (competency), you should work more on Q&A techniques before trying again. Seems that's what they keep throwing at you and nailing you with.
Okay.. I will work on that
Thanks sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
AJANIEmmanuel78:

True talk man.... Emmy pls be strong and retire u are getting this time..... One thing I would say is be composed and be ready for unexpected questions not just the u rehears.. U understand.... All is well
Okay
Thanks man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 2:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
No weird, mischievous questions lately.
Very Nice!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
AfonjaBoston:
No weird, mischievous questions lately.
Very Nice!
Chai.. you just sit down with pc for house de look for weird/mischievous question..
������

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
Emmyirab:

Chai.. you just sit down with pc for house de look for weird/mischievous question..
������

Naaaa bros its 10:15am .its called work computer.

How have you been doing with your "acting" interview prep sessions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
ProfOjah1234:

Thanks femi.. People here also said the same thing about BOA checking account for students with GA, and I confirmed it aswell from a lady i booked an appointment with in the bank.. But the phone carrier stuff mheen I jonzed, I chose Metro PCs cos it was the cheapest I could see around me and it $36 monthly with free MB maybe 100MB or so..

Thanks for this info brother..
You welcome but if you can port that Metro PCs to another cheaper carrier, its better. $36 withhout data is rip off. Lyca is even $19 with that same 100mb, thats like $17 dollars different. That 17dollars will buy you Turkey and chicken that you will eat for a month. If you dont have Lyca or ultra in the state you are, You should try Tmobile $27 per month will will still save you some bucks. You dont need to change your number, just port

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 3:30pm On Aug 17, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Naaaa bros its 10:15am .its called work computer.

How have you been doing with your "acting" interview prep sessions?
Haha.. Acting?
Okay.. its not been pretty good (got delayed today again). But I'm sure it will soon.
I'll be reapplying soon

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 3:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
ovieigho:
thanks bro!

Let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
Jumybecks:

Pm sent sir.

Pm replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2017
ashkenking:
thanks bro.just replied u back now

Let's give all the thanks to God, I have replied you back as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
mathewakin123:

awesome yesterday I received a mail from Cleveland school that I am invited for fall visit, pls what do they mean and do dey send you similar mail thank you

You are granted admission for fall semester but fall semester already started in most schools in US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by AfonjaBoston: 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
Emmyirab:

Haha.. Acting?
Okay.. its not been pretty good (got delayed today again). But I'm sure it will soon.
I'll be reapplying soon

Lol at "delayed" You meant denied/rejected?

Young man give it a break. Don't make it a do or die.
Keep yourself busy consciously and unconsciously with other meaningful things that are closely related to your career goals.

Aggression is not the same as determination.Invest those funds in something else and "refire" (did I just say that) lol maybe in a year

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 3:55pm On Aug 17, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Lol at "delayed" You meant denied/rejected?

Young man give it a break. Don't make it a do or die.
Keep yourself busy consciously and unconsciously with other meaningful things that are closely related to your career goals.

Aggression is not the same as determination.Invest those funds in something else and "refire" (did I just say that) lol maybe in a year
Lol... Okay.. I've heard you sir.
I will consider doing that.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Emmyirab:

Lol... Okay.. I've heard you sir.
I will consider doing that.
Thanks

Translation... I have already paid for another visa appointment...

grin

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
texrem:

Send me a PM.

I have... please send your response to Joveee05@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jar: 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
Please any1 with ielts materials....?
Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
smithsydny:
beg uncle texrem for payment
Please, do you by chance have his personal contact? It's very urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Emmyirab(m): 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
Fenix:

Translation... I have already paid for another visa appointment...

grin
grin grin... Actually, I paid immediately I left the consulate. Before I was even told to wait.

Haven't scheduled sha. Will do that next week.
smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
To all those who sent me pm, I have replied you all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olufemiopa: 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
I am doing that, thanks.

Have you tried contacting the school? They would be best positioned to tell you whether or not an English test will be waived for you. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cojunior: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
Fenix:

Okay so here's the thing... Administrative processing is not the same for everyone and there are a variety of situations that can trigger your application being put in AP. My situation is very different from yours. 9 years ago I used to work in the US under a work visa.

I was interviewed on the 11th of August. After the interview, I was told that I would have to undergo further AP. On the 16th I checked my status and saw that the visa had been issued.

I was placed in AP so they could verify that I had indeed been under a work visa.

What questions were you asked, if you don't mind me asking?

please which school are you going? and what's your profile like?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
Emmyirab:

grin grin... Actually, I paid immediately I left the consulate. Before I was even told to wait.

Haven't scheduled sha. Will do that next week.
smiley smiley

I no talk am?! grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fenix: 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
cojunior:

please which school are you going? and what's your profile like?

That won't help you sir, but I'm going to what would be considered a top 10 school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.