Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697865 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hope2017(m): 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
smithsydny:
Am loving the hotness of the thread everyone saying the names of things..

I hope when the magic word is said u guys won't come back and tell us bla bla bla, xyz or wch school are the answer were going to get here is told.

I pray God give all going for interview Grace and favour plus brain fall on you guys to remember your mock interview..

Good luck guys.. Come back with the deaf word am approving your visa..

I say the loudest Amen ooo.. that was key at Bold

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Not just $1000 self ....but had paid for 3 semesters so $3000 before i showed him this link

He followed this tread collected visa and stopped coming here ..... well those who do it are at a disservice. There is still one or two things you cam learn by coming here periodically as a student. Thanks for the info
Jesus christ of Nazareth!! Sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hope2017:

I say the loudest Amen ooo.. that was key at Bold
hope2017 I done mark your moniker grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hope2017(m): 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
femi312:
Have you noticed no one has answered you? You got visa but no transcript or am I missing something? If everybody were like you, this thread would have died a natural death since. You are here now asking for someone in Houston. Houston kor..Iyana Ipaja Ni

Laughhhhh.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
OluDare01:
My insurance next semester is $102 cheesy
I compared the quote from 3 companies and chose the cheapest.
Thats good. One has to be wise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hope2017(m): 7:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
hormohh:
Congrats oo
Am really happy. I pray all upcoming interview shall be favored too

Amen oooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Rheenah: 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2017
femi312:
Have you noticed no one has answered you? You got visa but no transcript or am I missing something? If everybody were like you, this thread would have died a natural death since. You are here now asking for someone in Houston. Houston kor..Iyana Ipaja Ni
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Teedawg: 7:04pm On Jul 12, 2017
Rheenah:
Guys, a friend of mine needs a loan but woth no cosigner. However we made researches and found out that GSLC gives loan to intl students without a cosigner who is a usa citizen but u need one from your home country. My question is has anyone heard of GSLC? We emailed them no response yet. I tried calling them none of their numbers went through. Anyone who has any info on them please?
GSLC only operates in Indian and some other countries no service for Nigerians yet
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
Rheenah:
Guys, a friend of mine needs a loan but woth no cosigner. However we made researches and found out that GSLC gives loan to intl students without a cosigner who is a usa citizen but u need one from your home country. My question is has anyone heard of GSLC? We emailed them no response yet. I tried calling them none of their numbers went through. Anyone who has any info on them please?

Dont know about GSLC but saw a previous transcipt of a loan from Prodigy finance. Dont know anything about it either
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hope2017(m): 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
@Teedawg where have you been Bro, longest time no hear from you, I also called you several times today on What's App call but no respond.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OluDare01(m): 7:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
I dey tell you.
Especially for this America where bills no dey smile
femi312:
Thats good. One has to be wise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
My school said it's a must to purchase their health insurance plan which is over $1400.
femi312:
Its sad that your friend wasted about $1000. Your friend is probably 29 and above, that's why he/she had to pay $300 P.S.. To the incoming students:: you don't need to take a quote to your school first, on the insurance website, you can check the plan that your school will accept, most schools are listed on the website with the plan that is acceptable to each school. If you are below 27 or so, you might not pay more than $200 and $300 for fall and spring respectively. The price goes up with age, still at that, its far better that the exorbitant fee your school will charge.By the way if you don't know what to use money for..I am a pm away. Lastly, fill your immunization form before you leave Nigeria and ask questions, no excuse for ignorance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by borie4u(m): 7:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
By this time next week. Someone is gonna come with dollars to sell to travelling student. Someone with the mindset of angelapinkytoes.
Anyway me just said my own ooooo. I hail the regulars and newbies. Ur head is valid like ojap. Walspring, GboyegaD, dotman,lagosismyhome,gunther06,texrem,oludare01 etc.
Just passing by
Sorry I just modify am.na sister pinkytoes I mean oooo.apology to purplesummer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
borie4u:
By this time next week. Someone is gonna come with dollars to sell to travelling student. Someone with the mindset of purple******.
Anyway me just said my own ooooo. I hail the regulars and newbies. Ur head is valid like ojap. Walspring, GboyegaD, dotman,lagosismyhome,gunther06,texrem,oludare01 etc.
Just passing by

I salute back... how far. You don check ETSU ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tods(f): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:
Tods i see u ooo... greet us na
All these our fall family spying us grin
lols...lagosismyhome how u doing? keep on the good work!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ProfOjah1234: 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
@Cmbagwu.. Please check my profile bro.. Unable to reply.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tods(f): 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
OluDare01:
Ndawe, welcome to tech! cheesy
What a coincidence! This time last year,I got my visa approved cheesy
Same here..Dat wonderful day at walter carrington grin grin..How u dey Oludare...E be lyk say i dey transfer come your side dis fall, not TTU tho

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OluDare01(m): 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
I'm good ma'am.
Where in TN are you coming UTK, MTSU, TSU, Vanderbilt or ETSU?
Tods:

Same here..Dat wonderful day at walter carrington grin grin..How u dey Oludare...E be lyk say i dey transfer come your side dis fall, not TTU tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tods(f): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
borie4u:
By this time next week. Someone is gonna come with dollars to sell to travelling student. Someone with the mindset of purple******.
Just passing by
Purple****** ke? or do u mean to say Angelapinkytoes...i miss dah babe/guy....I chose Howard uni over Yale cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tods(f): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2017
OluDare01:
I'm good ma'am.
Where in TN are you coming UTK, MTSU, TSU, Vanderbilt or ETSU?
UofM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2017
Amakyzuu:

What do you mean by no public money? It's actually our Aunt in the US that would take care of her education and living expenses cos the scholarship is for one year out of 4years of study prior to college, my parents will be secondary (whats your take on this).

This is what i mean by public fund .

In public high school US Citzens dont pay and it is free... however Foreign students who want to attend public high school must pay the full cost of education.. if they dont pay then they are inbreech of using public fund .

If Aunty is funding then get a bank statement from her just in case they ask at the interview ...i.hope the aunty will continue to pay after one year. Please make sure before she leaves Naija . I heard so many stories that touch . Although i get it, abroad u have so much bills and tax not talk of carrying another person load

What class is she in Nigeria ? ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nature60: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
@lagosismyhome and other gurus,pls i like to know, what on ds160 form could make VO not to have interest in an applicant. This observation was as a result of my interview,the VO only asked 3 questions which doesn't stress me to answer (1) why are you going to US, (2)what's your age (3)who is sponsoring you and what does he do... followed by you're not eligible. could it be as a result of what I filled on my ds160 form (because he was busy typing and not looking at me during the interview) and could It be as a result of my age (26)yrs,but I already have ND(2011),I was expecting him to ask what I've been doing since but didn't ask that before delaying me.....i need your advice because I want to reply ASAP

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nature60:
@lagosismyhome and other gurus,pls i like to know, what on ds160 form could make VO not to have interest in an applicant. This observation was as a result of my interview,the VO only asked 3 questions which doesn't stress me to answer (1) why are you going to US, (2)what's your age (3)who is sponsoring you and what does he do... followed by you're not eligible. could it be as a result of what I filled on my ds160 form (because he was busy typing and not looking at me during the interview) and could It be as a result of my age (26)yrs,but I already have ND(2011),I was expecting him to ask what I've been doing since but didn't ask that before delaying me.....i need your advice because I want to reply ASAP

Well nobody knows say....only a VO knows what in their head but a properly completed ds160 that sells yourself helps more than hurts

Post a full transcript and maybe you can learn a two from it.... if its for Community college . Well personally i think that harder, yes they are sucess story but sucess out of how many. Anyway post your full transcript

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amakyzuu: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
ok. thanks
chimsimdindu:

no, photocopies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OluDare01(m): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
Tods:
UofM

Hehehe na end of TN be that o. Hope you're strong Memphis no be here o, I was there last week.
Fesobi92 schools there, same department. You may wanna touch base with him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OluDare01(m): 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy na purplesummer cheesy
Tods:

Purple****** ke? or do u mean to say Angelapinkytoes...i miss dah babe/guy....I chose Howard uni over Yale cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Toakins: 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
ldswagga:
Abeg guys how do we go about immunization in Lagos.I'm curious.

Go to LUTH or LASUTH. I did mine at lasuth.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by toluene1234: 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
My school resumes 30th of August, I am expected to resume not later than 30th August. I am expecting My I-20 by month ending or first week of August. I want to know if I can still make that resumption deadline. Your contributions would be appreciated
@lagosismyhome, walspring and others.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
toluene1234:
My school resumes 30th of August, I am expected to resume not later than 30th August. I am expecting My I-20 by month ending or first week of August. I want to know if I can still make that resumption deadline. Your contributions would be appreciated
@lagosismyhome, walspring and others.

Thanks

Why cant the i20 come earlier.... anyway yes u can still make it. It might feel rushed but its possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by onispark: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hi guys, I hardly comment but I'll just drop my transcript. F1 VISA approved at Lagos consulate. I was interviewed by the new guy in window 2. I actually heard him interview @Ndawe.

VO: Good Morning
ME: Good Morning
VO: Pass me your passport, your I-20 (he checks and sees the stamps on my old passport, keeps checking and found VISAs for UK n US (which is still valid))
ME: Handed them over
VO: You've been to d US before?
ME: Yes, in 2015
VO: You're going to study at Louisiana state university?
ME: Yes
VO: You'll be going for your bachelor's degree?
ME: No, doctorate in Petroleum Engineering
VO: where did u do ur MSc?
ME: UI, Nigeria
VO: What do you do?
ME: I'm a reservoir engineer which is a sub-discipline in petroleum engineering, I model hydrocarbon and reservoir behavior.....
VO: What will u do after ur degree?
ME: I'll return to Nigeria to teach in UI.
VO: How long have u been in ur current place of work?
ME: this is my 4th month but this my 10th month as a reservoir engineer.
VO: So u will not return to ur current workplace after studies?
ME: No, I'll go and lecture in UI
VO: How will u fund ur studies?
ME: My Dad will fund it
VO What does he do?
ME: He is a medical practitioner, specifically a pry healthcare physician who specializes in preventive medicine. He works with ...., a mgt consulting firm in France, they are focused on health care policy projects in many countries...

He mutes the microphone and speaks to his supervisor.
He switches on the mic and the supervisor says, Salam alaykum (smiles) -LSU is a good school.

I responded with a smile and agreed with him.

He gave me a white slip and told me it has been approved.

Thanks be to GOD!

Advice: Be composed and prayerful. Two guys before me were rejected B1B2. The woman behind me was rejected last week by the same VO so she wanted to change queues. Don't fret! Just have faith...

All the best to future interviewees.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mitchely: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2017
femi312:
Its sad that your friend wasted about $1000. Your friend is probably 29 and above, that's why he/she had to pay $300 P.S.. To the incoming students:: you don't need to take a quote to your school first, on the insurance website, you can check the plan that your school will accept, most schools are listed on the website with the plan that is acceptable to each school. If you are below 27 or so, you might not pay more than $200 and $300 for fall and spring respectively. The price goes up with age, still at that, its far better that the exorbitant fee your school will charge.By the way if you don't know what to use money for..I am a pm away. Lastly, fill your immunization form before you leave Nigeria and ask questions, no excuse for ignorance.
On the immunization form, I just recently got vaccinated and collected my yellow card, but only two vaccines where administered and entered in the form, csm and opv. What others are necessary? Also can anyone help us with a list of necessary documents to obtain and come along with aside school certificates and academic transcripts, someone made a very educative post on this a while ago, but I just cant seem to find it. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.