Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698067 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Joan011: 10:34am On Oct 12, 2017
goodemma20:

So which other possible way exists for the school to access your proficiency in English?
I said not all schools require those exams, and besides Nigeria is an English speaking country and some schools are very much aware of that fact.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sheke01: 10:42am On Oct 12, 2017
bigfrancis21:

I must say you sound intelligent and promising.

Check out these schools: North Carolina A and T University, University of Texas El Paso, Cleveland State University etc. You may stand a chance of funding in those schools. If you can, I strongly recommend that you consider going for MS in Information Technology especially if you intend to work in the US on completion of your study. Studying Mechanical Engineering is ok but the degree is not in high demand as Information Technology is.

3.95/5.00 would come out to be around 3.4/4.0. 3.5/4.0 translates to about 4.1/5.0 on our scale.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Thanks boss. Am giving your suggestion about the switch to Information technology a serious consideration. please should I check out those schools you mentioned for Information technology or Mechanical Engineering?

please, can i pm you.....Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 10:44am On Oct 12, 2017
mycanny:

Hello, please is anyone familiar with this method of payment for IELT test?
https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/how-pay-ielts-tests

Thanks

Pay online with your card or go to GTB for Bank draft
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by johnexplo(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2017
Reply is possible i am new in this FOrum
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

I'm not too sure about that, Lagos mummy can answer that cc Lagosismyhome
but make sure you go to the embassy with the documents you sent to school for admission, I guess thats your reason for this question cheesy grin

Oduzbaba89 why do you have to worry about what sent to the embassy or not ............

just go with all your documents for your interview . ideally they should be the same with what you sent to the school so it shouldn't matter .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 12, 2017
signature2012:

You not co-signing is a personal decision,but him coming to a public forum to state why would anyone trust a Nigerian is very offensive and a racist statement.
wink You suppose understand Twoods and Afonjaboston by now

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2017
babbs45:

I consigned a student loan for my lil sister, wasn't easy and then again, I couldn't see her fall out of status. You can only do that for your blood relative. This shot my debit to income ratio of the roof. Her student loans always reflected on my credit report. It was worth it thou, she is gainfully employed now.
Yes, situation like that are understandable. You are responsible for her. The loan would list you as the primary, meaning if the loans are not paid no efforts would be made to go for her, they’ll come for you and your credit.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Osunguy: 11:07am On Oct 12, 2017
Osunguy:

I get your point sir and I appreciate your reply, but is it still possible for me to get admission for fall into some schools. Thanks
pls guys, I'd really appreciate if u guys help me out with some info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by CockpitSense: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2017
Joan011:
Some do and others don't, use Google to check for those that don't.
OK thanks dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cliper230(m): 11:35am On Oct 12, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

You'll surely get a school with the help of Google, and also prepare to write GRE and get a good score to boost your chance.
You saved up to 7M during your undergraduate? shocked Your dad must be a senator or a governor of a state in naija grin but you try sha
bros my papa no be any thing. I just happen to take some serious business risks and luck smiled on me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by michelcedric(m): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2017
cliper230:
bros my papa no be any thing. I just happen to take some serious business risks and luck smiled on me

MMM / bet9ja? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
michelcedric:

MMM / bet9ja? grin

Loool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
oduzbaba2015:
my own people of nairaland, I appreciate your effort o. as some one suggested earlier , please if I go seme go pay sevis fee, do I change my naira to dollars ni abi I can go to the eco bank at the border with naira , help pls.

why go through the trouble of seme...check with walspring, slimmy2005 or others who need dollars to do it for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kaykad: 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hi Nairalanders,

I am relocation to Utah for a job with a reputable company, Do we have anybody living in Utah to share a paid accomodation with please,pending when am able to get mine, I need help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Amkc: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
Okay bro
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
No reasonable school would admit you for a masters CS program. you are lacking a lot, i mean a whole lot of prerequisites that even a an undergrad CS freshman is expected to have. If you're looking to make an IT switch, you can try Tech related options in your field of geology, probably something to do with simulation, signal processing, image sensing, Transducers/sensors et al. While you're waiting for the admission process, you can start getting your hands dirty with relevant programming languages (NumPy, MATLAB, C++ etc). It'll probably boost your chances for getting funded, by joining an active research Lab.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
Osunguy:

I get your point sir and I appreciate your reply, but is it still possible for me to get admission for fall into some schools. Thanks
If you write GRE by Feb, Admission? Yes but funding? No. by the way, you seem desperate, I hope you dont waste your money at the end of the day. It is more than just crossing the ocean which requires proper planning and hardwork.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ebonyademi: 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
@LagosismyHome, please I sent u a dm. Kindly check
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
TWoods:

Lol another fraud. Seems that’s all we get as Nigerians. If you were genuine, you won’t be here asking questions, you’d be at your former school demanding answers as to who is trying to destroy your future.

Before, WES won't take transcripts from some schools in Nigeria because of lack of credibility e.g Uniport.

I don't know if that has changed now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
Mayorboi:
My nairaland people & mentors (the list is too long) I just got my Visa approved at Walter Carrington- 6.30am. I cannot thank God enough.
I was the 1st person that got approved today.. if you were at Walter Carrington this morning, I was the guy on an ox-blood shirt. I sha know I stood out grin

Transcript Loading.

It's about that time again.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
No reasonable school would admit you for a masters CS program. you are lacking a lot, i mean a whole lot of prerequisites that even a an undergrad CS freshman is expected to have. If you're looking to make an IT switch, you can try Tech related options in your field of geology, probably something to do with simulation, signal processing, image sensing, Transducers/sensors et al. While you're waiting for the admission process, you can start getting your hands dirty with relevant programming languages (NumPy, MATLAB, C++ etc). It'll probably boost your chances for getting funded, by joining an active research Lab.

Although computer might be slighly different from MIS but i have seen this switch

someone i know directly has a bsc for Architecture from Nigeria and did MIS (Information system) in the US , funding after the first semester and been working in one of the big 4 consulting firm in IT implementation since graduation

cc: Amkc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Although computer might be slighly different from MIS but i have seen this switch

someone i know directly has a bsc for Architecture from Nigeria and did MIS (Information system) in the US , funding after the first semester and been working in one of the big 4 consulting firm in IT implementation since graduation

cc: Amkc
I was speaking strictly of Computer Science program (Data Structures, Algorithms, Operating systems,Machine Learning, Linear Algebra et al), and not IT(anything can be labeled IT these days).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
signature2012:

Speak for yourself and not all Nigerians.My first car in this country was co-signed by an American,and I paid it off within a year.

A friend of mine just bought a house here in New york,an American male colleague co-signed for him.

So don't use what is happening in your surroundings to judge all Nigerians.

Fyi,America is also a dishonest nation same as Nigeria.

slimmy2005:
Yes, situation like that are understandable. You are responsible for her. The loan would list you as the primary, meaning if the loans are not paid no efforts would be made to go for her, they’ll come for you and your credit.

Recently my godmother who is white cosigned for me to get a $24,000 private student loan to balance the cost of my studies. All I did was called her phone and she gave me her info and after the loan was approved, she signed her part to finalize the application. For someone to do that there must be a level of trust which not everyone gets. I think that's what TWoods is saying. I have been a family friend to this old lady and her family all my entire life in US and we do take vacation to visit her in NM.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
fvictop:
is that nobody applied to this school here?
Oga, there are over 5000+ colleges in trump country , this isn't naija, where everybody is going to unilag or oau. If you're concerned , send a mail to the department, if they dont answer, load up your phone with credit and make that international call, if you're unsatisfied, go to linkedin, and look for present or former graduate students and ask them questions straight up without formalities, if you can't still find, go to gradcafe and check the timelines for admission. This is your life and you should be proactive about it.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 3:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
Cc:
Lagosismyhome
Twood
Everyone
Please i need your advise on a choice of major.. I'm stuck choosing between biomedical engineering technology, Computer Engineering Technology or just computer science for my undergraduate degree.. The thing is i have plans to stay back in the USA after completion and i want a major that will be a good point to start hustle and life amongst the three or any other related one you feel will be better which I'll take into consideration. I'm in novice in this and i won't want to take chances even as i believe the grace of God can make a way for u there even with a low classified major. Secondly i would appreciate if you guys can link me up with fellow nairalanders or anybody attending Alcorn State University or Jackson State University both in Mississippi.
Thanks very much for your valuable contribution, i do appreciate!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Oga, there are over 5000+ colleges in trump country , this isn't naija, where everybody is going to unilag or oau. If you're concerned , send a mail to the department, if they dont answer, load up your phone with credit and make that international call, if you're unsatisfied, go to linkedin, and look for present or former graduate students and ask them questions straight up without formalities, if you can't still find, go to gradcafe and check the timelines for admission. This is your life and you should be proactive about it.
I am just baffled with some questions, you start wondering whether these people are really graduates or not..They have turned this forum to gathering of admission committee and graduate coordinators

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
Mgrichboss:
Cc:
Lagosismyhome
Twood
Everyone
Please i need your advise on a choice of major.. I'm stuck choosing between biomedical engineering technology, Computer Engineering Technology or just computer science for my undergraduate degree.. The thing is i have plans to stay back in the USA after completion and i want a major that will be a good point to start hustle and life amongst the three or any other related one you feel will be better which I'll take into consideration. I'm in novice in this and i won't want to take chances even as i believe the grace of God can make a way for u there even with a low classified major. Secondly i would appreciate if you guys can link me up with fellow nairalanders or anybody attending Alcorn State University or Jackson State University both in Mississippi.
Unlike Nigeria and the British higher education model, the US allows for generality and non-specialization during undergraduate study. What all that big grammar means is that you can choose to test the waters during your first two years, and when your convictions are well founded you can decide on a major. Also if your maths and further maths is average or weak, and you do not have interest in hardware (basic flip flops, TTL, semi-conductor Physics et al), i would advise against computer engineering as it is more hardware than fancy code(like movies depict). Go to http://ocw.mit.edu (MIT's curriculum is comprehensive enough) and look through the curriculum, lecture notes , lab, quizzes, and available videos of all the majors you have listed, if you like what you see, then move on to google, and quietly do your further research.
PS: you can also go to indeed.com and see the jobs that are willing to sponsor a work visa, and use that as a reality check.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by beejhay69: 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
Mayorboi:
My nairaland people & mentors (the list is too long) I just got my Visa approved at Walter Carrington- 6.30am. I cannot thank God enough.
I was the 1st person that got approved today.. if you were at Walter Carrington this morning, I was the guy on an ox-blood shirt. I sha know I stood out grin

Transcript Loading.
congrats bro..
oya load ur transcripts quick na!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

Unlike Nigeria and the British higher education model, the US allows for generality and non-specialization during undergraduate study. What all that big grammar means is that you can choose to test the waters during your first two years, and when your convictions are well founded you can decide on a major. Also if your maths and further maths is average or weak, and you do not have interest in hardware (basic flip flops, TTL, semi-conductor Physics et al), i would advise against computer engineering as it is more hardware than fancy code(like movies depict). Go to http://ocw.mit.edu (MIT's curriculum is comprehensive enough) and look through the curriculum, lecture notes , lab, quizzes, and available videos of all the majors you have listed, if you like what you see, then move on to google, and quietly do your further research.
PS: you can also go to indeed.com and see the jobs that are willing to sponsor a work visa, and use that as a reality check.

Thanks brother, i really appreciate.. Thanks alot Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by seeker88(m): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
Phew!!!.....It's been a while. My journey to the US was very smooth....no hitch at all! Sorry I didn't get the opportunity to share in details my travel experience. It's really nothing different from what folks have shared here. Nothing spectacular to share.... cheesy

And then, it's been very tasking here!!! I have missed so many pages here and would definitely not have time to catch up. Homework here and there grin. And for my other fellow Fall 2017 hopefuls, trust your dreams came through eventually.....are you guys also getting the kind of workloads I get here It's overwhelming grin grin..... Also, to those Fall 2017 hopefuls who didn't make it eventually, don't give up on your dreams, keep trying because it's worth the trials.....

BTW, I give kudos to those who still make out time to keep this thread running despite their busy schedule here....especially those currently studying here, e no easy! cool, una do well! I just had time to sneak in here today, though I will keep checking in as often as I can.

God bless you all!

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chimsimdindu: 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
Mgrichboss:
Cc:
Lagosismyhome
Twood
Everyone
What do u want to know about Alcorn state University? i can forward ur questions but i will not link u up but be rest assured of getting ur answers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.