Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696527 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jordan122(m): 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
bigfrancis21:

No, don't evaluate with WES since the schools you have in mind don't require it. Send your transcripts straight to the schools as they require.

Am presently in woji and it somehow dull let catch up and rough mind together am spring 2018 member .....contact me on Akinlabio38@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
paulavon:
You just enter an important thread to make a childish and baseless comment.
Don't be angry sir

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 10:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
People that'll answer you are coming.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 11:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
Jamezy4u:

Hello House and experience people like @Lagosismyhome, and @bigfrancis21,

Please, as a Graduate student on F1 Visa, what type of business petty things can your wife do in the US legally to keep busy as well as support financially while with you in US on F2 dependent Visa?

Is there any hand work/skills she can learn in Nigeria before coming that she can use legally? Am aware dependent are not allowed to take up employment while on F2 Visa.

Thanks in anticipation.

A dependent visa generally means you cannot work..except in some H4 cases. She can't really do anything legally. If she has a good job in Nigeria, she might be better off staying back and coming regularly for visits...especially if you guys don't have a lot in savings.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Stanleych007: 11:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
Please i have an important question. if am not cool with the first available date of appointment can I log back in the next day and find a closer date cos the first available date am seeing isn't quite close enough for me.. I need urgent answers please.. thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kallowdean(m): 12:07am On Oct 18, 2017
Choose the Western Union option.
Then print the stuff and scan to the person. well if you still want to pay SEVIS. I still have Dollars to exchange for Naira!!!

Sanctus1:

OGA BIKO ....someone paying the SEVIS fee for you abraod..which form of payment will the person use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by frankie2K(m): 12:32am On Oct 18, 2017
ponpon:
People that'll answer you are coming.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bros u don kill me with laugh dis night.I don vomit the whole food way dey my stomach commot cos of laugh.
I beg where is TWood,meat dey for fire dey wait for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mjksho(m): 12:35am On Oct 18, 2017
Owols:
Hello, pls help with your contact in Ife, I want to request for transcripts too. Kindly assist.

Send a PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by drhopeful: 12:52am On Oct 18, 2017
Question pls for anyone that has gone to renew passport in DC.... Is there parking space? I plan on driving because I don’t have $350 for return trip with Uber.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by seeker88(m): 2:15am On Oct 18, 2017
Mayorboi:

Ahaa!! yes my brother.
500 cap cum Hall of Mercy you are def a Futoite.
Are you a Civilian?
Great Futoites! Watching you all in 3-D grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 2:57am On Oct 18, 2017
jordan122:

Am presently in woji and it somehow dull let catch up and rough mind together am spring 2018 member .....contact me on Akinlabio38@gmail.com

Bro I'm in the US currently.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by teatemi: 3:14am On Oct 18, 2017
kallowdean:
Then print the stuff and scan to the person. well if you still want to pay SEVIS. I still have Dollars to exchange for Naira!!!

How can I reach you please, I also need to pay my sevis.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 3:43am On Oct 18, 2017
Stanleych007:
Please i have an important question. if am not cool with the first available date of appointment can I log back in the next day and find a closer date cos the first available date am seeing isn't quite close enough for me.. I need urgent answers please.. thank you

You would need to book an emergency date if you want a closer date but unfortunately it is not yet 60 days to resumption date of your school to request an emergency date, which is one of the requirements, another requirement being that you must not have been denied a US visa in the last 6 months. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it other than to pick the earliest date that you see or go for the Abuja embassy. They last time I checked, on Oct 13, they had Oct 17 available.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 3:47am On Oct 18, 2017
monistick:
Good afternoon everyone. please, Is there anyone who can shed more light on how to fill the details for recipients for WES evaluation. After adding recipients , I noticed it showed that it would be sent electronically to the institutions. Is that the normal way it is being sent to the institutions?

See eh, if your evaluation has not been completed yet, you can enter the address of the school you are applying to as your mailing address. You are entitled to one free copy mailed out to the address you list as mailing address on your profile, which you can change to that of the school you are applying to. You will still be able to view a free copy of it online any day anytime so you do not necessarily need a hard copy. Any extra copies you want mailed out to any place/school etc. costs $37.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by kelvinKD: 3:51am On Oct 18, 2017
dannyfrank1:

enter obalende cheap hotels are there and it's very close to the embassy.
. thanks but better still is there one u can recommend?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lazywriter: 4:02am On Oct 18, 2017
I know this page is for student visas, but has anyone gone through the process of stamping the H1B visa from Naija? In need of some info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 4:25am On Oct 18, 2017
Jamezy4u:

Please, as a Graduate student on F1 Visa, what type of business petty things can your wife do in the US legally to keep busy as well as support financially while with you in US on F2 dependent Visa?

Is there any hand work/skills she can learn in Nigeria before coming that she can use legally? Am aware dependent are not allowed to take up employment while on F2 Visa.

Thanks in anticipation.

Legally, your spouse would not be allowed to do anything, be it to work or do business. She needs legal residence to do any of those two and also a business license to operate a business. Everything here is controlled and when it comes to business you nearly always need a permit or license to do most things. Her best bet would have been her to enter on F1 visa also like you, instead of as a dependent, so she can go to school here at the same time (a US degree is very necessary here) you are going to school and also be able to work on campus, thus killing two birds with one stone. Your kids can then be dependents on you two, which makes the burden much less strenuous for you. My 2 cents.

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 4:26am On Oct 18, 2017
lazywriter:
I know this page is for student visas, but has anyone gone through the process of stamping the H1B visa from Naija? In need of some info

Do you have a pending job offer from the US? Or you just want to learn about the possibility of obtaining the H1b visa from abroad (Nigeria)?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by KELVIN086: 5:42am On Oct 18, 2017
Jamezy4u:

Thanks in anticipation.
bigfrancis21:

Legally, your spouse would not be allowed to do anything, be it to work or do business. She needs legal residence to do any of those two and also a business license to operate a business. Everything here is controlled and when it comes to business you nearly always need a permit or license to do most things. Her best bet would have been her to enter on F1 visa also like you, instead of as a dependent, so she can go to school here at the same time (a US degree is very necessary here) you are going to school and also be able to work on campus, thus killing two birds with one stone. Your kids can then be dependents on you two, which makes the burden much less strenuous for you. My 2 cents.
I've spent a year in the US so far , your wife should learn hairdressing and stuffs beauticians do, from hair dressing alone she makes more than 200 bucks per service. If I was girl that's what I'll do.and there's always a very large African and African American community in most states especially hear in Houston Texas , she's gonna make alot of money shuttling BTW Texas dallas and Austin. Then you can also put her in nursing school part time.while she works as a cna part time , there's a lot she can do.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dannyfrank1: 5:46am On Oct 18, 2017
kelvinKD:
. thanks but better still is there one u can recommend?
Ask them for campbell street tge hotel nh campbell hotel 3k per night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 6:34am On Oct 18, 2017
KELVIN086:

I've spent a year in the US so far , your wife should learn hairdressing and stuffs beauticians do, from hair dressing alone she makes more than 200 bucks per service. If I was girl that's what I'll do.and there's always a very large African and African American community in most states especially hear in Houston Texas , she's gonna make alot of money shuttling BTW Texas dallas and Austin. Then you can also put her in nursing school part time.while she works as a cna part time , there's a lot she can do.

Not to sound discouraging but you do know that engaging in hairdressing or rendering services in return for money is considered business here in the US? Your suggestion is doable but those that do so try to do cash-only form of payment.

As for engaging in studies, F2 spouse dependents are not allowed to engage in full-time study here in the US, which includes going to nursing school full time or part time. She needs to enter with F1 or apply to change from F2 to F1 if she intends to do so. They may engage part time in avocational things like hobbies or language training however.

Dependents Offered Part-Time Study Opportunities
June 1, 2015

If you are an F-1 or M-1 student with children and/or spouses in the United States as F-2 or M-2 dependents, your dependent may now study part time in any certified program at a school certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), so long as the study does not amount to what regulations define as full time for an F-1 or M-1 student.

This change is a result of amended U.S. Department of Homeland Security regulations that took effect May 29, 2015. The amended regulations still allow F-2 and M-2 dependents to participate up to full time in avocational or recreational studies, such as hobbies. F-2 and M-2 minors can and often must still attend kindergarten through 12th grade full time. However, an F-2 or M-2 dependent who wants to enroll full time in a course of post-secondary academic or vocational study must apply for and obtain approval to change their nonimmigrant classification to F-1 or M-1 before beginning their full-time study.

If you are a designated school official (DSO), it is important to note that you are not responsible for overseeing or tracking dependent study. This is because a dependent still does not need to enroll or attend classes at the post-secondary level to maintain their status. However, DSO recordkeeping and reporting responsibilities for F and M students and dependents remain the same.

For additional information and answers to frequently asked questions about the amended regulations, visit the ICE.gov FAQ page.

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/2015/06/dependents-offered-part-time-study-opportunities

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-start-business-in-USA-with-a-F2-visa-status

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gistallover: 8:14am On Oct 18, 2017
Hi all, please can I use a bank statement I collected 2months ago at the embassy??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by creabyn(m): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2017
Hello House, I am a silent follower of this thread and my F1 visa was delayed today at the Lagos US Consulate. My appointment was for 6:30. Window 5, A black American Woman with Long Hair (She did not smile and was typing all through the interview)

My Transcript.

V.O: Good Morning

Me: Good Morning Ma

V.O: Pass me your Passport and I20, please be fast I don't have all day

Me: Passed it sharply

V.O: (Picked my passport and scan it, without picking up my I-20) Why are going to the US.

Me: I'm going to the US to study a Masters Degree in Nutrition Sciences at the Texas Woman's University in Denton, Texas.

V.O: Why are you going to the US when you can study it online.

Me: Nutrition Science is a practical applied science that focus on dietary concerns and health issues relating to food choices, eating and medicine and going to the US will provide the best practical knowledge (V.O cuts me).

V.O: How many schools did you apply to?

Me: 3 schools, Texas Woman's University, Florida International University and Oklahoma State University.

V.O: Why this school?

ME: I choose TWU over others because the program focuses on Nutrition Intervention, Diet Therapy and also Nutrition Intervention using Evidence-Based nutrition practice which is Inline with my Career Path. I also fell in love with Prof. Vicky Imrhan Research on the role of Nutrition in the prevention and treatment of the chronic disorders like Diabetes and Cancer.

V.O: Did you do any test for this course?

ME: Yes, I did GRE and TOEFL

V.O: Who is going to pay for all this?

Me: My Mother

V.O: What does she do?

Me: She is a successful entrepreneur that owns a Food Processing Company, Cosmetics Production and Distribution company as well as a Private school.

V.O: Im sorry Bla Bla Bla...Passes the Blue Paper.

Me: Composed myself and marched out of the hall

Please people what did I do wrong.

I am planning to reapply again but I need to get it right. Kindly help!

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Tekecoms1(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2017
creabyn:
Hello House, I am a silent follower of this thread and my F1 visa was delayed today at the Lagos US Consulate. My appointment was for 6:30. Window 5, A black American Woman with Long Hair (She did not smile and was typing all through the interview)

My Transcript.

V.O: (Picked my passport and scan it, without picking up my I-20) Why are going to the US.

Me: I'm going to the US to study a Masters Degree in Nutrition Sciences at the Texas Woman's University in Denton, Texas.

Me: Nutrition Science is a practical applied science that focus on dietary concerns and health issues relating to food choices, eating and medicine and going to the US will provide the best practical knowledge (V.O cuts me).

Me: 3 schools, Texas Woman's University, Florida International University and Oklahoma State University.

ME: I choose TWU over others because the program focuses on Nutrition Intervention, Diet Therapy and also Nutrition Intervention using Evidence-Based nutrition practice which is Inline with my Career Path. I also fell in love with Prof. Vicky Imrhan Research on the role of Nutrition in the prevention and treatment of the chronic disorders like Diabetes and Cancer.

Me: She is a successful entrepreneur that owns a Food Processing Company, Cosmetics Production and Distribution company as well as a Private school.

Thanks
I salute your effort to have tried at the end of the day. I believe you are more wise and exposed to the environment and I must tell you that you have not wasted your time neither your money. All you need do is keep trying. You are one step closer to getting that magical word "visa approved"
Remember that going to the US with a student visa is a good investment regardless the number of times one is denied.
Be positive and keep calm.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 9:09am On Oct 18, 2017
kallowdean:

I go choose the money order
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 9:14am On Oct 18, 2017
creabyn:

My Transcript.

Thanks

my body don dy shake...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by DejiZaddy: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2017
please who is going to Texas Tech for Spring 2018? I'm about to apply for visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sayilousnwa: 9:21am On Oct 18, 2017
Good morning Ladies and gentlemen in the house, please I want to know;

1) Can someone use a scanned copy of his i20 from School for an F1 visa interview?

2) Is it wise to book an Interview next month as against Fall 2018?

3) Is there anyone in California, San Diego City that can help me pick my i20 forward it for me here? Please I beg oooooooh

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.