Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695323 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lasthero: 11:36am On Dec 01, 2017
Irony of life.....

I introduced a friend to this thread some times back and he turned a visa agent over night.

Meanwhile, my Alma Mata still refuse to release my transcript on the grounds that they couldn't find my 100level results. This is after 6 years of graduation from the school oooo.

Academic affairs said I should go to dept, my department said I should go to course advisor. Course advisor said I should go to hod. HOD said I should go back to exams and records to hold them responsible because for me to have graduated, obtained degree certificate, and served, then it means all my results had been sent to the Senate as at the time of my graduation.

The only help they are willing to do for me is to convert me to direct entry which won't go well because my proposed school requires WES. and WES requires all my results. I'm frustrated.

Good GPA for that matter. I have been on this transcript issue since July this year. I have missed spring 2018 period, now hoping for fall and yet, no transcript.

I'm depressed, frustrated. Tots of "sniper" have been filling my mind lately.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aanu007(m): 11:58am On Dec 01, 2017
Which sniper if I may ask? Hope it is not the one I'm thinking?

lasthero:
Irony of life.....

I introduced a friend to this thread some times back and he turned a visa agent over night.

Meanwhile, my Alma Mata still refuse to release my transcript on the grounds that they couldn't find my 100level results. This is after 6 years of graduation from the school oooo.

Academic affairs said I should go to dept, my department said I should go to course advisor. Course advisor said I should go to hod. HOD said I should go back to exams and records to hold them responsible because for me to have graduated, obtained degree certificate, and served, then it means all my results had been sent to the Senate as at the time of my graduation.

The only help they are willing to do for me is to convert me to direct entry which won't go well because my proposed school requires WES. and WES requires all my results. I'm frustrated.

Good GPA for that matter. I have been on this transcript issue since July this year. I have missed spring 2018 period, now hoping for fall and yet, no transcript.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ekiee: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2017
@ lasthero, please don't us on earth, we are in thiss together
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nairalandboss: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2017
Olamsanj:

What’s on your i20 ?
still gathering for fall
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by goodemma20(m): 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
Monsurat123:
Hello I went for F1 interview last week and it's was rejected now I just paid another 64k and I'm going next week pls help me with some reasonable answer to this question

The interview goes like this
Vo,,,,,,good morning
Me, good morning sir
Vo, how do you know about this school
Me, I searched online about the best school that offer research in the field I'm going to.study that's where I come across with this school
Vo, which course do.you want to study
Me, social work
Vo,why do you want to study this course
Me, because have once been offer this course as a subject when I was in polytechnic and ever since then I have in love with the course and I'm so passionate about helping children and women, I want to be an agent of change in their life, I want to impact positively in the life of the relegated woman and I know for me to achieve this aim I need to study this course
Vo, he put my Dubai 2 years residents visa on a machine and said where are you working??
Me,,,,,,I work as a supervisor with xxxxy Restaurant in Dubai
Vo,,,,,,, How long have you been working here
Me,,,,,,,,a year
Vo,,,,,,,,,have you married
Me,,,,,,,,single but attached
That's the last question he ask and he gave me blue paper

Note please what are the better and more convincing answer I can give if they ask this same question on my next interview pls help me I really want to go and study there. Thanks
are you going for undergraduate or masters and what did you study in the polytechnic?, which school do you intend going to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by musicwriter(m): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Nothing else. Visit www.fmjfee.com with the info you have to generate your payment coupon. It is a pdf form. You can either go to Econbank across Seme border in Benin republic to pay by yourself or have someone here in the US pay for you.

Sorry, what type of payment would one have to go to Cotonou to complete? Why? Just curious.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
lasthero:
Irony of life.....

Is this by phone or in person ? that you been using.... maybe you go in person with a parent , adult or find a senior staff member in the school... then go to the offices and refused to leave or harass them until they find a solution....usually the fastest way is going through a senior member of staff. People tend to listen to fellow colleagues

As for sniper...untop wetin na. America no sweet like that....... It will end well just go and worry them more, using someone within the school system . I hate to talk about going along with some pepper / owo because this a public forum but sadly our system works like that too. With pepper the speed faster

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Lala234: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2017
Hi guys

My sat exam is March 10, and according to research, result comes in a month time.

Can I still meet up with fall admission application deadline by April/May?

I will be applying for funding.

Thanks

Twoods, bigfrancis21, lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
Lala234:
Hi guys

My sat exam is March 10, and according to research, result comes in a month time.

Can I still meet up with fall admission application deadline by April/May?

I will be applying for funding.

Thanks

e

Although you left the SAT late but it very possible...if i were you i submitt all application and everything even before march so the school knows all its waiting for is test scores

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
lasthero:
Irony of life.....

Brother, you do not have to take away your precious life because of this. This is corruption.

Some folks out there are trying to frustrate you. I guess you were so excited and told them your plans. In real sense, you aren't supposed to, because of hatred and jealousy.

Go there with someone who really understands the terrain. As he talks to the head of department, let him write down some notes and not smile at all. Those involve will feel jittery and release your result.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
Hello family. Thanks for everyone that replied me... I'm new here so I don't know how to quote yet. I have printed a payment coupon for my sevis payment. Please, is that all I need to send over to the person that would make the payment on my behalf?

And who can put me through on how to book an expedite appointment at the abuja consular office..

Thanks all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Funnyguy83: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
lasthero:
Irony of life.....

God will help you bro. this your problem have Lingered for long. Believe me, before the next 2 months. You will get it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Eeffy: 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2017
Eeffy:
Please house, my interview is billed for 14th of December, for MSc. I got admotted into Monmouth university,and will be studying soft ware Engineering. I.need some tutor please.

Please help a brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
Monsurat123:
Hello I went for F1 interview last week and it's was rejected now I just paid another 64k and I'm going next week pls help me with some reasonable answer to this question

Vo,,,,,,good morning
Me, good morning sir
Me, I searched online about the best school that offer research in the field I'm going to.study that's where I come across with this school
Me, social work
Me, because have once been offer this course as a subject when I was in polytechnic and ever since then I have in love with the course and I'm so passionate about helping children and women, I want to be an agent of change in their life, I want to impact positively in the life of the relegated woman and I know for me to achieve this aim I need to study this course
Vo, he put my Dubai 2 years residents visa on a machine and said where are you working??
Me,,,,,,I work as a supervisor with xxxxy Restaurant in Dubai
Me,,,,,,,,a year

Note please what are the better and more convincing answer I can give if they ask this same question on my next interview pls help me I really want to go and study there. Thanks

No one can give you a more convincing answer to say. You should simply state the truth. If it is not enough then you should re-evaluate. To be honest, social work isn't that great of a degree and the pay is crap. Also there is nothing special about social work that you need a US degree for it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
PreshNeymar:

Vo: did you do any standardized test
Me: yes i did(IELTS....int English Language Testing System)

Please, where did i Bleep up I need replies

Hope you're not one of those that argue on what they don't know or skip advise? Was it not last week I was advising someone here that an English language proficiency test is not a standardized test? A standardized test for an undergrad is SAT, which comprises of quantitative and verbal test. You don't have SAT, you don't have any ST. As per your question, that one place you fuucked up.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HOLUVICTORY(m): 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2017
Hello All.

Gurus in the house, please, how can I rectify this application error issue of mine? In earnest expectation of your favorable reply.

Best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2017
HOLUVICTORY:
Hello All.

Gurus in the house, please, how can I rectify is application error issue of mine? In earnest expectation of your favorable reply.

Best.

To get feedback, you have to clearly state what you need. your post is not clear

do you mean you need to amend ds160 ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
goodemma20:
yes, but it should be a higher one.

Well, a buddy of mine who has BSc in Statistics is in the US now studying another BSc in Computer and Information Science.

May God help us all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ayat1209(m): 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ayat1209(m): 1:25pm

Hello family. Thanks for everyone that replied me... I'm new here so I don't know how to quote yet. I have printed a payment coupon for my sevis payment. Please, is that all I need to send over to the person that would make the payment on my behalf? 

And who can put me through on how to book an expedite appointment at the abuja consular office..

Thanks all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
Monsurat123:

Vo,,,,,,good morning
Me, good morning sir
Me, social work

Me,,,,,, I work as a supervisor with xxxxy Restaurant in Dubai
Me,,,,,,,,a year

This transcript is not clear whether you are in Dubai or in Nigeria ....... Also Social work but working in a restaurant in Dubia will definitely ring bells of someone who just want to leave Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2017
captain90210:
Please can u shed more light on this J1 visa. Thanks

Although I don't have your credentials but I hope you know that a J1 applicant has to be recommended by an organization for the visa e.g a lecturer in Nigerian university coming for research in U.S.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lasthero: 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2017
aanu007:
Which sniper if I may ask? Hope it is not the one I'm thinking?

Exactly same one you are thinking of. I'm seriously frustrated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HOLUVICTORY(m): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
LagosismyHome:

To get feedback, you have to clearly state what you need. your post is not clear

do you mean you need to amend ds160 ?

It's not clear because the file I attached was not uploaded along with my message. Anyway, it is not an amendment per say because I have not submitted the form. After filling the Student/Exchange section, I can't move on to the next section - SEVIS due to an unknown application error below.

"Application Error
An unexpected error has occurred while processing your previous request. The error has been reported to the site administrator; no further action is required. To retrieve your DS-160 application, please enter your Application ID."

Even after entering my Application ID and refilling the segment, there was no difference.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2017
oluwadamilare26:

Well, a buddy of mine who has BSc in Statistics is in the US now studying another BSc in Computer and Information Science.

May God help us all.

Bsc to Bsc is manageable, Bsc to AAS makes no sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2017
oluwadamilare26:

Well, SAT helps funding... but if you have your money... not that necessary

As an Int'l student, what money you have that would make you not considering funding? I'm sure that tuition is a lot of thousand dollars. You must be a very rich kid or Betsy DeVos is your aunt.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lasthero: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Is this by phone or in person ? that you been using.... maybe you go in person with a parent , adult or find a senior staff member in the school... then go to the offices and refused to leave or harass them until they find a solution....usually the fastest way is going through a senior member of staff. People tend to listen to fellow colleagues

As for sniper...untop wetin na. America no sweet like that....... It will end well just go and worry them more, using someone within the school system . I hate to talk about going along with some pepper / owo because this a public forum but sadly our system works like that too. With pepper the speed faster

Maami, you won't understand.

I Labored hard to ace gre and TOEFL.

Spent over 200k on toefl, gre, and to pay WES.

This same school charged me 30,000 to send my transcript, only for them to tell me they couldn't find my result..

You need to see the way I was heating under sun walking from one office to another all in the name of result. Had to take leave from work to visit Akungba in ondo state all the way from Lagos that I was almost sacked because of my constant absence from work.

I don't know what else to do since July, every person's involved were just passing me to one another like volleyball. I even gave them copy of the unofficial records I do keep while in school and yet, they refused it.

Been frustrated is an understatement, I'm totally depressed. I just pray God help me to survive this period. My sponsor is even getting weary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
lasthero:

Maami, you won't understand.

Been frustrated is an understatement, I'm totally depressed. I just pray God help me to survive this period. My sponsor is even getting weary.

Find a lecturer in the school to help you resolve
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
TWoods:

Rich Americans still take the SAT. But as you said, if you have your money and all you're interested in is a low tier school simply interested in your tuition, sure.

Don't forget that Ms Betsy who says she and her children never took any student loan while in school and doesn't know how funding for the poor works grin Those rich 1% don't know anything about struggle. He might be her relative.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
TWoods:

Bsc to Bsc is manageable, Bsc to AAS makes no sense.

Oh, I guess!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
imperiouxx:

As an Int'l student, what money you have that would make you not considering funding? I'm sure that tuition is a lot of thousand dollars. You must be a very rich kid or Betsy DeVos is your aunt.

Na so oh! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
Josh4wod:

Maybe you got it wrong again.

Can you differentiate between grace and reward?
I guess you forgot to consider Solomon

Can we just stop arguing about God here? I'm sure God hates His name and ways being used everyday as points of controversy here. It's becoming annoying.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ijebuboy525:

Mr Twoods, you have a client.

grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.