Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,342 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (695349 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Classic90: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
Success has no best time. You have to give it shots. I was denied twice this year before I was granted on the 11th of July. So what's your excuse again?
fecosequence:
ever since I got rejected bk last year December.. it's Bn hard for me to apply again because of fear.. though I intend going again before this year runs out.. I need someone to help me with proper orientation and how to go abt it. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fortunate4real: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2017
oguguo11:
Good day,
Beautiful people, I have an issue, am sorry I used an agent but she doesn't want to release my i20 until I make payment for agency fee then school resumes on the 8th of August and I asked for a scanned copy which she refused. This has causing lots of issues in my family they claim she might be lying . My question is can one resume school after the said date and what to do to remedy the situation. I found out about this site when I had already started the admission process.

(in percentage) how much have you paid her and how much is left?

its not good to use an agent, why then are we a student/graduate if we can not go through the rigor. Well some were due to lack of proper orientation/information, this not withstanding using an agent to process admission is not okay.

my advise (take it or u leave it). forget about her, start a new processing, search for schools, write exams and never be tired of asking questions no matter the response you get.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Meddyakki: 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
Goodday everyone... I'm ready to go to the Embassy for the 4th time... pls who would help. Posted previous transcript in part 11. Would really appreciate. I want this to be the last time... thanks in advance pls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Rheenah: 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
oguguo11:
Good day,
Beautiful people, I have an issue, am sorry I used an agent but she doesn't want to release my i20 until I make payment for agency fee then school resumes on the 8th of August and I asked for a scanned copy which she refused. This has causing lots of issues in my family they claim she might be lying . My question is can one resume school after the said date and what to do to remedy the situation. I found out about this site when I had already started the admission process.
You might have to defer your admission to spring semester

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by highfidelity: 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hi everyone, here's a summary of my current profile;

BSc Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a reputable university in Nigeria
CGPA: 4.95/5.0 (BGS)
GRE: V158 Q162 AWA 5.0 (1 month prep)
TOEFL: Not yet
Internship: 6 months with a multinational company
Excellent Extracurricular activities (Andela and the likes)

I'm interested in learning about schools that offer full scholarships in the US. I've being doing some research for months about this, and am currently applying to one of the ivy league. I would also like to know some [/b]ambitious, moderate, and safe [b] schools that I can consider for fall 2018 intake or applications.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 234ng44uk(m): 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
preciouschydo:

It has been posted check up the thread

Congrats on your admission to UMD College Park and visa. I'm applying to that school for Fall 2018. How generous is this school with funding, did you receive any assistantship or scholarship from them?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by 234ng44uk(m): 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
Vindavid:
inwas denied too for canada visa couple of timea abd went for usa visa interview was accepted and
And was emailed the second day i came and was issued a rejection letter with no reason still not aure why or what happened
Probably the same reasons ypu were denied Canada visa. I supect you have received a ban im your Canada visa which is currently affecting US application. Ban could come from misrepresentation and fraudulent documents.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jordan122(m): 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
I want to secure admission for fall 2017 and is yet to approve pls I want to ask maybe I can still meet up for 2017 fall anytime is out ....Abeg I need advice on this cos I don't know what to do again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by oguguo11: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
Rheenah:

You might have to defer your admission to spring semester
Thank you so much. How do I defer it when I don't i20. I am supposed to balance her 150k.any suggestions. I am most grateful for all the responses . God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oseni007(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
I sent a PM @classic90, come through.
Cheers
Classic90:
Success has no best time. You have to give it shots. I was denied twice this year before I was granted on the 11th of July. So what's your excuse again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrRoYCe(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
kallowdean:
Guyz in the USA
After Visa approval and now am planning to resume at GSU by the 2nd week of August.
WHAT ARE THE LIKELY THINGS YOU WILL ADVICE A JJC and TYPICAL YORUBA MAN LIKE ME TO CARRY ALONG, ranging from Foods to documents
grin grin grin

Agbo Jedi

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by align360: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
Meddyakki:
Goodday everyone... I'm ready to go to the Embassy for the 4th time... pls who would help. Posted previous transcript in part 11. Would really appreciate. I want this to be the last time... thanks in advance pls.

Work with this brother...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vv0a0sfgaysztiq/AADbiS4UG7q57b0qcFPjaPkna?dl=0

God will see you through this time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexandersherif: 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
atrapon:
The eagle has finally landed!!!!!!!
Brethren, it has happened ooo, I woke up around 1am and started rehearsing the possible interview questions done by Baba Texrem and Chief Blacnewton, I started praising God from 4am to 5am. Then off to embassy from Obalende where I lodged, I was still standing beside the keke when a police man asked me to come down, I come dey reason where I go come down from, omor na em dey collect my file o, begin ask about the SOA, make I call me sister, I come change am for them, naso dey carry me and two other guys with fake SOA to ATM machine, those guys withdrew and sorted their way leaving stubborn me there around after 6.they come give me my PASSPORT make I dey go after enough argument. (first victory)
I got to the embassy around 6:15 am, after all said and done.... Fast-forward to the interview

I was interviewed by the man at window 4 after denying first 5 applicants

VO: come over, good morning

Me :good morning to you sir and how was your night

Vo: fine thank you ,tell me about your school,

Me:illinois state university is the first public university in Illinois, founded in... He cuts in

Vo: how did you hear about the school

Me :i got to know about Illinois state university through my undergraduate professor who happened to be my academic adviser

Vo:he cuts in,,,,OK, he schooled there

Mesadomor,I said,see finishing touches )yes, he got his doctorate degree there... he wanted to cut in,,, me I no gree bcoz that is my strong area.. I continued, He told me how reputable the school is, I went online and did extensive research and confirmed it.

Vo: why are you going for this course

Me: because it is consistent with what I studied at my undergraduate and inline with my professional experience
Vo:so u studied chemistry
Me:yes
Vo:so you have been teaching in a high school(reading from ds160)
Me:yes,for over seven years, (he nodded)
Vo:why are you going for this course NOW
ME:i discussed with my proprietress, 4 years ago about my career plan which is 4-2-4 formation ( I come dey form arsene wenger) 4 years with them, proceed for two years masters, come back for another 4years before going for a lecturing job... (I killed him there)
Vo:tell me about your sponsor
Me:she is my sister, she owns a private school in Lagos and owns chemical industry
Vo:did u write gre or gmat
Me:no
Vo:they didn't require them
Vo:what is an isotope(i went blank and pinched my self, are you mad, I come remember the word sorry u are not qualified, na em I just answer... Isotope is simply atoms with the same number of proton but with different number of.... I wan call nucleus,,, neutron just comot my mouth....

The magic word came forth.... I will be approving your visa... Bla blabla

I came back and was looking for my passport, na me I remember say the man dey with am

Hint
Be confident ,always find a way to relate ur proposed course with ur undergraduate course and ur professional experience... Make sure u have lasted in your place of work...above all PRAYER IS KEY... I told God to put 'why this course now' in the Vo's mouth

Appreciation to good hearted Walspring, ever ready Texrem and brilliant Blacnewton

Congrat....
Wch program do u apply for

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexandersherif: 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
atrapon:
The eagle has finally landed!!!!!!!
Brethren, it has happened ooo, I woke up around 1am and started rehearsing the possible interview questions done by Baba Texrem and Chief Blacnewton, I started praising God from 4am to 5am. Then off to embassy from Obalende where I lodged, I was still standing beside the keke when a police man asked me to come down, I come dey reason where I go come down from, omor na em dey collect my file o, begin ask about the SOA, make I call me sister, I come change am for them, naso dey carry me and two other guys with fake SOA to ATM machine, those guys withdrew and sorted their way leaving stubborn me there around after 6.they come give me my PASSPORT make I dey go after enough argument. (first victory)
I got to the embassy around 6:15 am, after all said and done.... Fast-forward to the interview

I was interviewed by the man at window 4 after denying first 5 applicants

VO: come over, good morning

Me :good morning to you sir and how was your night

Vo: fine thank you ,tell me about your school,

Me:illinois state university is the first public university in Illinois, founded in... He cuts in

Vo: how did you hear about the school

Me :i got to know about Illinois state university through my undergraduate professor who happened to be my academic adviser

Vo:he cuts in,,,,OK, he schooled there

Mesadomor,I said,see finishing touches )yes, he got his doctorate degree there... he wanted to cut in,,, me I no gree bcoz that is my strong area.. I continued, He told me how reputable the school is, I went online and did extensive research and confirmed it.

Me: because it is consistent with what I studied at my undergraduate and inline with my professional experience
ME:i discussed with my proprietress, 4 years ago about my career plan which is 4-2-4 formation ( I come dey form arsene wenger) 4 years with them, proceed for two years masters, come back for another 4years before going for a lecturing job... (I killed him there)
Vo:tell me about your sponsor
Me:she is my sister, she owns a private school in Lagos and owns chemical industry
Vo:did u write gre or gmat
Me:no
Vo:they didn't require them
Vo:what is an isotope(i went blank and pinched my self, are you mad, I come remember the word sorry u are not qualified, na em I just answer... Isotope is simply atoms with the same number of proton but with different number of.... I wan call nucleus,,, neutron just comot my mouth....

The magic word came forth.... I will be approving your visa... Bla blabla

I came back and was looking for my passport, na me I remember say the man dey with am

Hint
Be confident ,always find a way to relate ur proposed course with ur undergraduate course and ur professional experience... Make sure u have lasted in your place of work...above all PRAYER IS KEY... I told God to put 'why this course now' in the Vo's mouth

Appreciation to good hearted Walspring, ever ready Texrem and brilliant Blacnewton

Congrat
Wch program do u apply for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OluDare01(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
Chemistry, I'm sure you didn't read his transcript angry
alexandersherif:

Congrat
Wch program do u apply for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
OluDare01:
grin, that's why a lot of people will claim to have read part 1- present and still ask what DS-160 is

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by damiliano(m): 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
Greetings house, please which Nigerian bank is the best to open a domiciliary account/dollar account before travelling in terms of bank charges,minimum withdraw,monthly limitation,bank rates,effective and efficient service in the US,e.t.c
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexandersherif: 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
OluDare01:
I mean the masters program he applied to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexandersherif: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
grin, that's why a lot of people will claim to have read part 1- present and still ask what DS-160 is
Bros I do read am
But I don't see the name of the master program he is going for
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
alexandersherif:
.... Bros I do read am But I don't see the name of the master program he is going for
no vex sah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
alexandersherif:
Bros I do read am
But I don't see the name of the master program he is going for

This means its chemistry

atrapon:

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Abraham18(m): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
Good day,
Can I get admitted into a college or university in the US when am holding a M-1 visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Timi1990(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
damiliano:
Greetings house, please which Nigerian bank is the best to open a domiciliary account/dollar account before travelling in terms of bank charges,minimum withdraw,monthly limitation,bank rates,effective and efficient service in the US,e.t.c

Gtbank And Accessbank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexandersherif: 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
LagosismyHome:

This means its chemistry

Thanks big sister
Been a y ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fatezee(f): 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
Abraham18:
Good day,
Can I get admitted into a college or university in the US when am holding a M-1 visa

You can, but u can't enroll with an M1 visa.. you will have to apply for a F1 visa to enroll... After admission you request for an i20 then you book an appointment for a F1 visa...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Loso351: 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
Teedawg:

there are 100 of schools that do that... How many schools did you apply? what made this school standout among the rest you applied? what got your attention most in the school? how is their program like? will you be doing lots of traveling to local areas for evangelism? how many reputable ministers have gone there? is any of an alumni from there your mentor? there should be lots of reasons why you chose the school? is the location of the school in a moderate climate condition you prefer? and lots more?
i was laughing when i was reading the previous transcript about testimonies and all that you can do that in a Nigerian embassy its not church service you are going to lol but don't give up just go and check the school really well, watch their YouTube vidoes if they have, know some of their achievement. if its a theological school you need to bring something different to the table unlike others going to a normal university.. unless its just liberal art Christian university then you'll talk about both the school and then why you chose the program in the school.
bro i appreciate your response pls dm me your con, you really understand my case
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Timi1990(m): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
oguguo11:
Good day,

If you have a way of contacting the school ; email them and tell them you want to defer . Then give them your address to send you your new i20 , it's will be delivered to your doorstep. Why waste money on agent ??

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Loso351: 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
alexandersherif:

Thanks big sister
Been a y ma
thanks for the advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
please have mercy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Virtuoso89: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
highfidelity:
Hi everyone, here's a summary of my current profile;

BSc Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a reputable university in Nigeria
CGPA: 4.95/5.0 (BGS)
GRE: V158 Q162 AWA 5.0 (1 month prep)
TOEFL: Not yet
Internship: 6 months with a multinational company
Excellent Extracurricular activities (Andela and the likes)

I'm interested in learning about schools that offer full scholarships in the US. I've being doing some research for months about this, and am currently applying to one of the ivy league. I would also like to know some [/b]ambitious, moderate, and safe [b] schools that I can consider for fall 2018 intake or applications.

Your profile is very very good. Against Fall of 2018 apply to Auburn, Uni of Maryland College Park and UIUC. Auburn will most likely admit you and fund you fully for a direct PhD. UIUC do not allow direct PhD applications but I am pretty sure you would be admitted and with luck you can secure RA for your MSc which can translate into a PhD on completion. UMCP has admitted a few people fully funded for MSc with profiles less than yours so I see no reason why they would not admit you especially if you submit your applications early enough i.e By Oct of this year.

I beseech you to consider direct PhD for all or most of the schools you are considering as that is one sure way to secure funding especially when you fall into the early bird category.

For 2 reach schools (reach because admissions therein are precarious) try Uni of Texas in Austin and Georgia Tech as well. They fully funded a few Nigerians too with similar profiles like yours. Again via the direct PhD route.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Abraham18(m): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
[quote author=Fatezee post=58521992]

You can, but u can't enroll with an M1 visa.. you will have to apply for a F1 visa to enroll... After admission you request for an i20 then you book an appointment for a F1 visa...[/quote

Thanks. That means I can apply for a degree program b4 my M-1 visa expires?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.