Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696801 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by electronic(m): 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ability247:
I lost my smartphone and I plan to get a replacement. However, someone said my smartphone would be useless in the states as the networks won't match. That I'll just have to discard and buy phone there. Another said I can buy a US sim and use with my new phone. That buying a phone there is expensive and better bought here. Please those who are already there, which is accurate? Not having a smartphone sucks at the moment for someone like me, but i don't want to buy something I would have no choice but to decommission in 2 weeks time or so when I travel.

Its basically about he 4G and 3G network bro.
Most companies might 3G too.
Just make sure you buy a 4G phone.

Secondly, you could always buy a neat used phone from Craigslist, EBay, Offerup,Letgo below $200.

People in USA is 3G fully supported in all USA?
My area supports it sha (verified)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by zendmann: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
ermm.. please is there a free wifi at King mohammed V int'l airport in Casablanca I need to keep myself busy during the layover...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fisk001: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hello house, i went for my visa interview today but wasn't granted. The gurus in the house should please help review my transcript.i have paid another 64k. My program is starting by August
cc.. lagosismyhome,proOjah1234.and other gurus in the house please help

visa denied at Walter Carrington crescent Lagos embassy

ME---good morning
V.O---good morning,passport and i20 please
ME---i obliged
V.O---why this school?
ME---i chose this school because its the only school that gave me scholarship and also because of the excellent quality of the....vo cuts in....
V.O---How many schools did you applied to?
ME---3 schools
V.O---Did you take any standardized test?
ME---Yes i did TOEFL
V.O---How old are you?
ME---I am 18years will be 19 by august.
V.O---Tell me about the process involved in your application?
ME---after filling the online application form,i contacted the school,and submit required document...vo cuts in......
V.O---What were the document you submitted?
ME---I submitted my TOEFL result,high school transcript and also my national diploma transcript
V.O---Again why this school?
ME---I chose this school because its the only school that gave me admission and also because of the excellent quality of the technological skills and unique facilities the school has with a vital curriculum structure which will provide me with the opportunity of academic training for criminal justice including law enforcement administration and will have the opportunity to do internship in Maine criminal justice academy pre-service training program
V.O---Who is your sponsor?
ME ---My dad
V.O---What does he do?
ME---He's into importing of network cables,service and maintenance of network mast,and general contract..
V.O---Sorry i will not be approving your visa

V.O didn't ask me for any document....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by electronic(m): 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
zendmann:
ermm.. please is there a free wifi at King mohammed V int'l airport in Casablanca I need to keep myself busy during the layover...

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/africa/casablanca-airport.htm

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by electronic(m): 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fisk001:
Hello house, i went for my visa interview today but wasn't granted. The gurus in the house should please help review my transcript.i have paid another 64k. My program is starting by August
cc.. lagosismyhome,proOjah1234.and other gurus in the house please help

visa denied at Walter Carrington crescent Lagos embassy

ME---good morning
V.O---good morning,passport and i20 please
ME---i obliged
V.O---why this school?

ME---i chose this school because its the only school that gave me scholarship and also because of the excellent quality of the....vo cuts in....

V.O---How many schools did you applied to?
ME---3 schools
V.O---Did you take any standardized test?
ME---Yes i did TOEFL
V.O---How old are you?
ME---I am 18years will be 19 by august.

V.O---Tell me about the process involved in your application?

ME---after filling the online application form,i contacted the school,and submit required document...vo cuts in......

>>> this is not the process used to apply for a school Bro. You have to elaborate on all the stages fro searching for schools using allbyhe popular sites like Princeton review, usanews, etc read past transcripts for a more detailed answered.

V.O---What were the document you submitted?
ME---I submitted my TOEFL result,high school transcript and also my national diploma transcript

>> see why Writing SAT helps Bro
But it's all good

ME--- I chose this school because its the only school that gave me admission

>> suicidal undecided

The answer below is okay
×××××××××××××
and also because of the excellent quality of the technological skills and unique facilities the school has with a vital curriculum structure which will provide me with the opportunity of academic training for criminal justice including law enforcement administration and will have the opportunity to do internship in Maine criminal justice academy pre-service training program
××××××××××××××

V.O---Who is your sponsor?
ME ---My dad

>>>>but you said you got a scholarship Above??
Is it clearly stated on your I20 form?

V.O---What does he do?

ME---He's into importing of network cables,service and maintenance of network mast,and general contract..

>>> see as you dey rep ur Dad.... undecided
Please look for a decent work title that shows that your Dad is making some quid....
Like Chief Engineer /Project Engineer at xyz or CEO of his company (if he owns his own gig)

V.O---Sorry i will not be approving your visa

Yeah Obviously.... Mate

Go and Refire Bro
Pls take note of the Above bolded areas
And bullet suggestions
Read past transcripts please
Na 128k you don spend na....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fisk001:

ME---I chose this school because its the only school that gave me admission and also because of the excellent quality of the technological skills and unique facilities the school has with a vital curriculum structure which will provide me with the opportunity of academic training for criminal justice including law enforcement administration and will have the opportunity to do internship in Maine criminal justice academy pre-service training program

Sorry for your delay ... hopefully next time will be better

Please stop saying because it was the only school that gave you admission. That is terrible line opener .

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fisk001: 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
electronic:

Go and Refire Bro
Pls take note of the Above bolded areas
And bullet suggestions
Read past transcripts please
Na 128k you don spend na....
thanks so much @electronics really appreciate this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fisk001: 6:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Sorry for your delay ... hopefully next time will be better

Please stop saying because it was the only school that gave you admission. That is terrible line opener .

Noted @lagosismyhome thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fisk001: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fisk001:

Noted @lagosismyhome thanks so much
@lagosismyhome can you help me with a better line opener please ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ElDeeVee(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
zendmann:

Yes, there is free Wi-Fi in Casablanca airport. Make sure you have their kind of charger or take an extension box with you. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Hampson212: 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hey unique mate. Thanks alot bro.. and am a 2nd class lower. What school can u recommend for me to apply. At least the once that consider us with funding .. Thanks alot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Hampson212:
Hey unique mate. Thanks alot bro.. and am a 2nd class lower. What school can u recommend for me to apply. At least the once that consider us with funding .. Thanks alot.
cc analytics

I think this message is for u..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrChillz(m): 7:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fisk001:

You could say something unique about the school. It may be something about the program structure you like, a particular research by a faculty member that you find interesting, anything particular to the school that justifies your choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fisk001: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2017
MrChillz:

You could say something unique about the school. It may be something about the program structure you like, a particular research by a faculty member that you find interesting, anything particular to the school that justifies your choice.
@Mrchillz am going for my bachelor degree in cfriminal justice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrChillz(m): 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fisk001:

@Mrchillz am going for my bachelor degree in cfriminal justice

Why did you choose the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fisk001: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2017
[quote author=MrChillz post=58728987]

Why did you choose the school?[/quot
i chose this school after realising the excellent quality of the technological skills and unique facilities the school has with a vital curriculum structure which will provide me with the opportunity of academic training for criminal justice including law enforcement administration and will have the opportunity to do internship in Maine criminal justice academy pre-service training program

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by MrChillz(m): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fisk001

You've said it all. Try more of the internship and less of the curriculum talk.
Most if not all schools in the US have excellent "curriculum structure", so that doesn't really cut it. My opinion though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fisk001: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
MrChillz:
Fisk001

You've said it all. Try more of the internship and less of the curriculum talk.
Most if not all schools in the US have excellent "curriculum structure", so that doesn't really cut it. My opinion though.
what do you suggest i put there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
expertman:

Thank you bro I just emailed them and got the reply below :

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you want to know how to retrieve your DS160 form.

Kindly note that you will not be able to retrieve and modify information in the DS-160 application once it is completed. If you wish to correct and/or update information, please disregard the old DS-160 application and create a new application, then bring the new DS-160 confirmation page at the time of interview. You can access the DS-160 form in the website https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

Please make sure that the DS-160 barcode number in your profile on www.ustraveldocs.com matches with the barcode number on your DS-160 documents. The Consulate will not permit you to enter or be interviewed at the Embassy if your DS-160 confirmation number is different on what you have in your appointment cofirmation letter. You will be responsible for rescheduling your appointment on another day if they do not match.

You are to ensure that the DS-160 confirmation number on the DS-160 confirmation page matches with the DS-160 number on the appointment confirmation letter. Any changes to the profiles must be made at least 3 working days prior to the scheduled appointment day. It is important that the most recent DS-160 confirmation code matches the DS-160 code on the appointment letter on the day of your appointment. You will be turned back at the Consulate/Embassy if the DS-160 numbers do not match.

Note: Effective immediately, visa applicants who do not upload their photos when submitting their visa application will be turned away and advised to complete their application by uploading a proper photo. This will usually require the rescheduling of their appointment. The process for uploading photos is easy and is thoroughly explained in our on-line application. Avoid disappointment and delay—upload your photo as part of your visa application.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Congrats! Happy the matter is solved.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fisk001:

What school and what program...let me check their website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Fisk001: 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
LagosismyHome:

What school and what program...let me check their website
school--Husson university
program---bachelor degree in criminal justice and law enforcement administration...
thank you ma
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
Femmyy90:

I think you only need a US sim card your smartphone does not do anything with US network, you can get a smartphone here and get a US sim when you get there

Thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
folmus:

Even Tecno go work grin grin grin

Lol. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ability247(m): 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
electronic:

Its basically about he 4G and 3G network bro.
Most companies might 3G too.
Just make sure you buy a 4G phone.

Secondly, you could always buy a neat used phone from Craigslist, EBay, Offerup,Letgo below $200.

People in USA is 3G fully supported in all USA?
My area supports it sha (verified)

I see. Maybe the other guy went with a 3G phone in a completely 4G area. hmmm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by iekene(m): 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ability247:
I lost my smartphone and I plan to get a replacement. However, someone said my smartphone would be useless in the states as the networks won't match. That I'll just have to discard and buy phone there. Another said I can buy a US sim and use with my new phone. That buying a phone there is expensive and better bought here. Please those who are already there, which is accurate? Not having a smartphone sucks at the moment for someone like me, but i don't want to buy something I would have no choice but to decommission in 2 weeks time or so when I travel.

Buy S8/S8+.. it would work even in the Moon.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gspeed360: 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
Airtel
To retain line for 365 days dial *848# (#500) or send "Park" to 8484 (package is auto renewal, so leave more money for longer years)
PS: do at least 5 days before, there is a follow up mail

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Vicktor18: 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2017
Please how well do undergraduate gets their visa approved !?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ecoleco: 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Vicktor18:
Please how well do undergraduate gets their visa approved !?

Provided that you are young enough, your chances are good. VOs often frown at older people going for bachelor's program. But again if you have very solid reasons for not having done your bachelor's program yet, you can get your visa.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Helkayklassic(m): 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
electronic:
Hey cool down #TeamFall 2017 Still running things grin

So we Fall 2018 should not even login at all? Lol.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Glowrie22: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
Fatezee:
Pls who can help me with magoosh videos??

I need materials for GRE verbal reasoning I m kinda scared of it....... I am very certain n well prepared for quantitative Analysis..

I have them. Do you still need them?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by vivyval(f): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
lakreame:
Anyone live in Cali? Irvine area? Need some info please
What do you need ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Joan011: 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2017
Helkayklassic:

So we Fall 2018 should not even login at all? Lol.
abi oo, help me tell am

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.