Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo (2894 Views)

Tinubu’s Dangerous Dance With The Cabal By Farooq Kperogi PhD / Yunusa Tanko: How Osinbajo’s Tact, Capacity To Lead Nigeria Angered The Cabal / The Seven-fold Yoke And The Cabal That Own Nigeria-FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by Obaiyski(m): 6:44am On Jul 07, 2017
By Dirisu Yakubu ABUJA-

Reactions have continued to trail the ongoing raging battle between the Senate and Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo over the latter’s questioning of the Senate powers to confirm Ibrahim Magu, Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Reports in the traditional tabloids and online platforms had credited Professor Osinbajo as saying that the Senate’s confirmation of some presidential nominees was not needed; a development that reportedly infuriated the lawmakers to the point of threatening not to screen nominees send to them for confirmation in the future.

Matters got to a head at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Wednesday when the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) reportedly stated that Osinbajo’s position was largely his own and not a reflection of the position taken at the FEC meeting.

In a chat with Vanguard yesterday, former University Administrator and Newspaper columnists who pleaded anonymity said a “cabal” was out to cut the Acting President to size, adding that there are subtle moves by the power brokers to elevate the AGF as Vice President in the event of President Buhari’s inability to carry on with his duties as President and Commander-in-Chief.

“A terrible war is raging between the cabal and Osinbajo. The cabal, we learn, wants the AGF AS Vice President if Baba (President Buhari) can’t resume duties,” he said.

On his part, Constitutional lawyer, Mike Ozekhome, SAN, has warned Professor Osinbajo of possible impeachment over his stand on Magu, stressing that the continued retention of the EFCC Acting Chair constitute “gross misconduct” as spelt out in the laws of the land.

He said: “It is an impeachable offence for the Acting President to continue to retain Magu in office as Acting Chairman, as it amounts to “gross misconduct” as defined by section 143 of the 1999 Constitution. This is because a deliberate breach of the Constitution, or violation of extant laws, is an impeachable offence.”

Explaining further, the renowned Rights Activist noted that “The provisions of section 2(3) of the EFCC (Establishment) Act 2004 are all too very clear and straightforward to admit of any ambiguity. They simply provide that the President shall appoint the EFCC chairman subject to confirmation by the Senate.

“This simply means the EFCC chairman cannot act in office without approval by the senate. It becomes patently illegal and unconstitutional for Magu to continue to be brazenly retained in office, in spite of the hallowed doctrine of separation of powers and of checks and balances provided for in sections 4, 5, 6 of the 1999 Constitution

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/terrible-war-raging-cabal-osinbajo/

1 Like

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by sugarsoul(m): 6:51am On Jul 07, 2017
Hmmmnnn...naija
Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by LUGBE: 6:55am On Jul 07, 2017
SW should fight there battle alone, grin

11 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by taylor88(m): 6:56am On Jul 07, 2017
fun
Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by smartty68(m): 6:57am On Jul 07, 2017
Magu's appointment still causing problems at the top! How funny undecided

1 Like

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by kokosin: 6:57am On Jul 07, 2017
who baba EPP? How slay queens drive parked cars

4 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by temptnow: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2017
They should just kill osibande, he's an Afonja, they're usually killed with rat poison, simple

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by zombieHUNTER: 7:17am On Jul 07, 2017
LUGBE:
SW should fight there battle alone, grin
More like osibanjo should fight his battle alone... No SWner has the ba*lls to attack a Fulani except these three people... FFK ... Fayose ,Odumakin..
The odds are against the Ag president

13 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by Vutseck(m): 7:19am On Jul 07, 2017
The last time I read a good news about Nigeria was far back 1999

I think that was from military to democracy .

1 Like

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by raker300: 7:20am On Jul 07, 2017
It's a bad day to be osinbande...

His pple abandon him to focus on biafrans, tinubu his supposed strong man is in hiding and obas from his region are getting locked up and/or kidnapped.

You're on your own sir

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by doublewisdom: 7:20am On Jul 07, 2017
The war is likely to consume Osibanjo except the SS and SE throw their weight behind him.

5 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by Samunique(m): 7:23am On Jul 07, 2017
In a chat with Vanguard yesterday, former University Administrator and Newspaper columnists who pleaded anonymity said a “cabal” was out to cut the Acting President to size, adding that there are subtle moves by the power brokers to elevate the AGF as Vice President in the event of President Buhari’s inability to carry on with his duties as President and Commander-in-Chief.

Keep on dreaming !!!
Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by adadike281(f): 7:25am On Jul 07, 2017
This is where I miss Dora Akunyili. Osinbanjo needs strong and fearless people like Dora to stand by him in this trying period.

3 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by GQman: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2017
Osinbajo is already a short man. If you cut him down to size, he will be a dwarf!

4 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by SuperS1Panther: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2017
The cabal will be cannibalised by PYO and Baba the Slayer will come back from London to finish them off.

IPods Children of Hatred and Wailers can try harder.

4 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by Samunique(m): 7:28am On Jul 07, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
You will not see any afonjas here
They are not interested in the fate of osibande as the Fulani cabal slay him to ashes
They are looking for a Biafran and Nnamdi kanu thread to masturbate on...

These peeps ehhh undecided
Bcs they are not as f00lish as you people with your hero Nnamdi Kanu.

It's only empty barrels that make noise !!!

1 Like

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by smartty68(m): 7:55am On Jul 07, 2017
Samunique:

Chest beater spotted

7 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by fineboynl(m): 8:30am On Jul 07, 2017
its unconstitutional for magu to keep acting as EFCC chairman. the word acting is for a limited time.

2 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by optional1(f): 8:31am On Jul 07, 2017
what a dead country

1 Like

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by Goke7: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2017
ozekhome sef don join the cabal, issorite!
Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by Evablizin(f): 8:38am On Jul 07, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
You will not see any afonjas here
They are not interested in the fate of osibande as the Fulani cabal slay him to ashes
They are looking for a Biafran and Nnamdi kanu thread to masturbate on...

These peeps ehhh undecided
my nigga calm down oooo
Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by iamnlia(m): 8:41am On Jul 07, 2017
I see no hope for Nigeria anymore, how will old men who are near death be behaving like this angry

If Saraki or any appointed member becomes President, Naija don turn badland oo angry

Lemme go and read well so I will run away when I finish school.
Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by Evablizin(f): 8:43am On Jul 07, 2017
God please help osibanjo

1 Like

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by iamnlia(m): 8:43am On Jul 07, 2017
These people are really gutless and spineless angry
There's no one to help Osinbajo.
Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by zombieHUNTER: 9:06am On Jul 07, 2017
Samunique:

making my point .... Smh

3 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by CaptainGOOD: 9:07am On Jul 07, 2017
Evablizin:
God please help osibanjo

Help who... u should gt sense na.
If it were igbo u d see them laffin here!
Anyways let the fight their fight

1 Like

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by zombieHUNTER: 9:13am On Jul 07, 2017
Evablizin:
my nigga calm down oooo
bae... Did you see my post... The one you quoted? undecided
Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by EzeUche(m): 9:27am On Jul 07, 2017
We in the East do not care.

Biafra is on our mind.

And our so called Igbo "leaders" should sit back in Abuja and enjoy the show.

The Southwest betrayed the entire South, why should the south help one of their sons?

4 Likes

Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by Evablizin(f): 9:36am On Jul 07, 2017
zombieHUNTER:
bae... Did you see my post... The one you quoted? undecided
lols i saw it just that i don't want anybody to commit suicide
Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by zombieHUNTER: 9:39am On Jul 07, 2017
Evablizin:
lols i saw it just that i don't want anybody to commit suicide
I mean in the thread... Is that my post still there? .. Help me check
Re: A Terrible War Is Raging Between The Cabal And Osinbajo by zombieHUNTER: 9:42am On Jul 07, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
The cabal will be cannibalised by PYO and Baba the Slayer will come back from London to finish them off.

IPods Children of Hatred and Wailers can try harder.
baba the slayer will come back grin
This people sef

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Woman Found With Two Voters Cards / 2019: What’ll Happen If Buhari Refuses To Handover Power After Defeat – Atiku / Supreme Court Ruling: Atiku's Next Step

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.