Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,629 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? (37740 Views)

How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem? / How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? / Brave Chinese Woman Walks Into A Hospital Holding Snake That Bit Her(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by Onnasucs1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2017
God kill me the very day I place a stick of cigarette in my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by MrIkebuk(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2017
lolaxavier:
I don't just get it. Smoking is a habit of choice. You do not smoke does not make you a better human. As long as it is not detrimental to your existence, kindly mind your business. Step out of your myopic comfort zone and try to see beyond criticism and self-righteousness. LIVE AND LET LIVE
Smoker spotted. Driver, drop me here, let me counsel somebody.
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by kobijacobs(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2017
OP if same sex relationship is starting to look normal to so many people, this smoking thing is no issue at all
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by noscarn91(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2017
Rorachy:
I know a lady that can't stay a day without smoking.

Its very disheartening.

If she don't see cigarette, then she smoke weed or S.K plus codeine. Always on highness.

Person future mama.
Junkie!
Abeg link me up with ur friend, that my spec
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by africanman85: 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2017
Nawa o, so ppl they smoke with pipe this days ? seeing this for d first time.
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by khalids: 1:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
Raiyell:
You should understand that every generation becomes slightly worse than the preceding one -- that's a fact of life. The older generation would always be more conservative, or if you will, more moral than the current one. Every generation makes it's rules of engagement.

It would seem that this generation has seen nothing wrong in women smoking or consuming drugs.

Back in the day, women were not very keen on smoking, but with the advent of feminism, more rights for women, that has changed. Even sociologists claim that men and women are the same. my point is: If men are smoking, women will smoke too.

What we should be condemning is any of the sexes smoking at all, not acting shocked that women are smoking as well.

Look, in Nigeria of today, there's a looming drug epidemic among young people. The rate of drug usage if you ask me is even more with women than men. You need to take a visit around some neighborhoods in Lagos. Both men and women consume a long list of substances all over the place.

Then go to the clubs, the smoke-parlours, beer-parlours etc. You will find a good number of women amongst the men.

Women are much more better at hiding their drug habits than men.

===================================================================

I know you're obviously pained by what you see. Perhaps, you have discounted people who smoke as sinners and moral reprobates who have no respect for society and their bodies. Maybe, you even hate smokers, and you are one of those people who act disgusted when a smoker is in the space same as they are. Let me tell you something -- no smoking does not make one bad, it doesn't make one a sinner, but it does hint about the choices of the user.

Just get a life and stop being all philosophical about things that do not concern you. I have a list of pressing problems in Nigeria that we can deliberate on from a philosophical standpoint. I can keep you busy. Just let me know when you want to get started.

Actually its not true that the generations are getting worse.....

Actually life is a cycle....it just goes round and round
Usually what happens is that a conservative generation bring up children that are conservative due to their own past experiences and things that they believe they want to shield and protect the next generation from....

Unfortunately the children can't understand nor appreciate this conservative way of life simply because they never got to see the negative experiences that the previous generation shielded them from, most will remain in this conservative life style because its all they have ever known, but they will swear that their own children would never live such deprived lives (because that is how their generation will view the actions of the previous generation)...

Their children will grow up with all the freedom that is possible and will end up experiencing all that the generation before their parents had been trying to eliminate from society.....A lot of them may not be able to change their lifestyle as they would have gotten used to living that way or may simple be unable to adapt/change anymore......they and their children having seen the ills of too much freedom will swear that their children would live conservative lives....and the cycle will once again repeat itself......

SO LIKE THEY SAY NOTHING IS NEW UNDER THE SUN, WHEN TIME REACH WATER GO FIND HIM LEVEL....I'm sure what happened in Sodom and Gomorrah will make all this ish look like child's play
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by Bizibi(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
The problem is not the smoking of shisha and cigarette, the problem is the increase in crack and dangerous substances usage in nigeria.
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by chiraqDemon(m): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
elchymo:
Such a wasted generation we now have. angry angry
Just a generation where everyone is free to make their own choices.
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
Opp. Why not used this energy of yours to educate Nigeria politicians and those in government for 10 tips Nigeria politicians to fulfill their obligations/good governance/to reduce high cost of living.

1 Like

Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by GeoSpatial(m): 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
lolaxavier:
I don't just get it. Smoking is a habit of choice. You do not smoke does not make you a better human. As long as it is not detrimental to your existence, kindly mind your business. Step out of your myopic comfort zone and try to see beyond criticism and self-righteousness. LIVE AND LET LIVE
shisha smoker sighted....smoke alone,die of cancer alone, Jah bless
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by emelda86(f): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
Let them smoke na...after all ministry of health warns that smoker are liable to die young.
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by logica(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
Many of these photos were taken in clubs. Only a small group of people go to clubs. Until the day Hookah pipes become as commonplace as TVs and are in every household such that visitors regularly get entertained with it, it remains no source of worry.

1 Like

Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by Humility017(m): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2017
grossintel:
Op what's wrong with female smokers? As long as its moderate and controlled its fine by me. undecided
hope you won't find it wrong should your daughter's starts smoking when they clock 16....?
smoking huge pipes...and marijuana
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by nwakibie3(m): 3:41pm On Aug 06, 2017
grin grin

Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by AuroraB(f): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2017
Rorachy:
I know a lady that can't stay a day without smoking.

Its very disheartening.

If she don't see cigarette, then she smoke weed or S.K plus codeine. Always on highness.

Person future mama.
Junkie!
Like how many sticks in a day does she take
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by Uzyvicks(f): 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
Even that child
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by devigblegble: 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
Blame the western world �
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by ImaIma1(f): 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
lolaxavier:

After now it is the people that should mind their business that would be disturbed to donate money when trouble arises. Please it is our business.
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by perryy(m): 5:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
Cigarette is bad, but weed is certainly good for the body. Yes! Talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by perryy(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2017
Our fore fathers smoked more than we do , yet they lived longer than us. If you are from Edo and you are above 40, you should know what is called Ukoko. Who smoked Ukoko? Men & women over 60 years of age. Cigarette is bad though, but weed and other local smokes like Jedi are certainly good for you. It is for this reason they are legalizing weed in many American states.

1 Like

Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by zinaunreal(m): 6:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
So shisha is now this op's problem. Mschewww
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by oureyedonopen(m): 8:33am On Aug 07, 2017
this is nothing but Youthful Exuberant. if i hear say the youth are ready to rule I fit castigate that person. #youtharenotreadytorule
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by Cityguy: 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2017
From health standpoint, it is unhealthy and dangerous for anyone, make or female to smoke whatever! Quit hurting yourself and your loved ones by extension- smokers are liable to die young.
Re: Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 02, 2019
Immensely classic!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Successfully Quit Tramadol, U Too Can Do Same / Benefits Of Sleeping For Eight Hours Every Day / UK Bans Healthcare Workers From Bringing Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.