Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. (50997 Views)

Scary Photos Show Coronavirus Patients Lying On The Floor Of A Hospital In Spain / Transformation Of Mother And Daughter With Facial Tumors (Photos) / Isi Atagamen Sakalis Got Pregnant Despite 9 Fibroid Tumors, Shares Her Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Explorers(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2017
A man who was left with half a face after it was ravaged by cancer has had it rebuilt by a genius surgeon.

Tim McGrath, 38, was diagnosed with Synovial Sarcoma, an extremely rare form of soft tissue cancer leaving him with a grape fruit-sized tumour growing on his face.

Medics managed to cut out the cancerous tumour, but his body rejected multiple attempts to rebuild it.

But after a year of living with exposed flesh, top surgeon Dr Kongkrit Chaiyasate heard about Mr McGrath's plight, he agreed to help him using skin from his leg and forearm to reconstruct his face.

Mr McGrath, from Michigan, is now enjoying every opportunity he is given and the reconstruction work on his face will continue in 2018.

He said: 'After the operation to remove the tumour I was heartbroken, I didn't realise that half of my face would be taken away and it wasn't until I went to Dr Chaiyasate that I start to feel real hope again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4674206/Synovial-Sarcoma-man-left-half-face-cancer.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Shares

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Explorers(m): 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
Before and after the sugery.

Medics managed to cut out the cancerous tumour, but his body rejected multiple attempts to rebuild it.

He is pictured with the tumour on his face and after surgery.

Mr McGrath was admitted to hospital where he remained for almost seven weeks following the initial 30 hour operation to remove and then reconstruct his face.

Mr McGrath said:

'Before the surgery they gave me the worst case scenario, they said I would have to lose my left eye and my left ear, but I didn't' believe that was going to be necessary.

'When I woke up I was in complete shock, as well as removing part of my face and bone structure, they had removed most of the muscle in my back, they had taken a rib, and they took part of my scapula and part of my shoulder too.

'This was so that they could rebuild my bone structure and the surrounding area however my body rejected the first attempts.

'Eventually I was discharged and the cavity was closed but over time the transplant kept shrinking and I experienced numerous infections.

'There were so many times when I wanted to give up and at times it was difficult to find the strength to carry on.'

1 Share

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by swiz123(m): 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2017
Why is he even smiling? Yuck!!! He even has a stylish Mohawk haircut

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Explorers(m): 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2017
Mr McGrath is pictured before reconstruction surgery.

The 38-year-old said he was left 'heartbroken' after waking up from surgery to find part of his face had disappeared.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by ekensi01: 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
what a life, you are here today and gone tomorrow.

13 Likes

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by medolab90(m): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
Following
Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by rheether(f): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2017
swiz123:

Because he is alive.

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Explorers(m): 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2017
Mr McGrath, from (pictured with his surgeon Dr Kingkrit Chaiyasate) is now enjoying every opportunity he is given and the reconstruction work on his face will continue.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by optional1(f): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2017
Is better I drink acid than suffer like this man on this earth that the suffering is never ending.

God have mercy

6 Likes

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
And he was soooooo handsome

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
swiz123:

Why shouldn't he he smiling undecided

Doesn't he deserves to be happy? Mtcheeeeeew

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by ajalawole(m): 5:49pm On Jul 07, 2017
swiz123:
so make e dey cry. When there is LIFE, there is HOPE

17 Likes

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by ajalawole(m): 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2017
optional1:
Is better I drink acid than suffer like this man on this earth that the suffering is never ending.

God have mercy
wake up dear. Be thankful for everything

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by optional1(f): 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2017
ajalawole:
wake up dear. Be thankful for everything

I am really greatful to my Creator.

6 Likes

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Goahead(m): 6:18pm On Jul 07, 2017
Yuck! His right eye was gouged out my the heartless doctor shocked
Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Marvel1206: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2017
Wtf shocked
Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Daeylar(f): 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
wow

I'm in shock shocked shocked

Thumbs up to science abeg, they deserve it,

I don't even know which was more shocking, that the man could survive with the tumor or that the man can survive with half of his face gone.

It's nice to see that he is happy and doing good

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by oz4real83(m): 6:59pm On Jul 07, 2017
This is a world where u aren't even sure of what will happen tomorrow or how u will look tomorrow. It is good to always appreciate God for what u have no matter how ''small'' u feel it is. Many people dont have such grace. When u thank God for the present,he will take care of the future.

24 Likes

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:33pm On Jul 07, 2017
So heart breaking.

1 Like

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Demonicide(f): 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
Thank God your cute smile is still intact.. but i realy feel for you bro.

4 Likes

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Phi001(m): 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
Graphic photos!!!

How come in some pictures, it's the left part that is disgusting while in others, it's the right part...

3 Likes

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by macphilip: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
and some people are in this country fighting over worthless things
Welldone bro!

7 Likes

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
Hai! Wetin person go talk ?...
Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
The rate of cancer nw may. God help us
Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Rich4god(m): 8:35pm On Jul 07, 2017
This is science at wrk.... Wen will naija medic line advance like this.

4 Likes

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Oyindidi(f): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
Jesu! shocked
Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Dongreat(m): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2017
oz4real83:
This is a world where u aren't even sure of what will happen tomorrow or how u will look tomorrow. It is good to always appreciate God for what u have no matter how ''small'' u feel it is. Many people dont have such grace. When u thank God for the present,he will take care of the future.

Are you telling me he doesn't know God? You guys should stop this nonsense of seeing bad things happening to people and rub it on their face because you are serving a living God and they are apparently to your testimonies they are serving dead gods. Just wish him speedy recovery, strength to overcome stigmatization and find reasons to live.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by auntysimbiat(f): 8:37pm On Jul 07, 2017
sad
Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Philinho(m): 8:37pm On Jul 07, 2017
I have every reason to praise my GOD

1 Like

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Lawalemi(m): 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2017
He would have died in Nigeria. Multiple alms solicitation on AIT thus embarrassing the man's family the more.
That is a nation where life of every citizen is well valued

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scary Photos Of Man With Half Face After Cancerous Tumors. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2017
Jeez!!! shocked
That was scary. I still don't understand what causes Cancer and why it wasn't predominant in the 50s or 60s

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Exposes Her Boobs To Celebrate No Bra Day / Lady Commits Suicide After Her Mum Accused Her Of Taking Her Money (Photos) / Some People Are Unaware That They Are HIV Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.