Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,618 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 (1955 Views)

Police Arrest Olukoya Ogungbeje, Evans’ Lawyer In Court / Phone Repairer Sells Soldier's iPad And iPhone, Vanishes With Money In Delta.PIC / Manhood Of Man Who Gave Crippled Beggar Money At Ikeja Vanishes - Instagram User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Mrjaz(m): 6:18am On Jul 08, 2017
•Billionaire kidnapper’s whereabouts unknown

•Moved out of Lagos midnight by 30 heavily armed men

BY ADE ALADE and CHIOMA IGBOKWE

After weeks of public furore and media frenzy, a sudden blackout has descended on the case of Chukwuduneme Onwuamadike a.k.a. Evans, Nigeria’s infamous billionaire kidnapper, thus fuelling speculations that he’s escaped, or dead.

Saturday Sun has however gathered that Evans is not dead as his family now fears but has been moved from the Lagos police command headquarters cell by about 30 heavily armed men at midnight few days ago to an undisclosed destination. Some senior police officers in the know told Saturday Sun he was moved to Abuja

Indeed, in the last few days, a palpable silence seemed to have enshrouded the Evans phenomenon. Where is Evans? It is a question the police is not prepared to officially answer right now. A man who hitherto divulged the details of his criminal life to the public almost on a daily basis is suddenly no longer accessible to even the press corps.

All a Saturday Sun reporter who visited the state police command was told was that Evans is no longer allowed to talk to the press till further notice. The secrecy surrounding his whereabouts in the official quarters baffles those who have closely followed his story since his arrest.

After days of sniffing around the Lagos police formations to get information on Evans whereabouts, it was gathered that the kidnap kingpin had been moved out of the Lagos command headquarters days ago by heavily armed policemen and is yet to be returned.

Police had last week said they had got a court order to detain him for three months to give them enough time to complete their investigation. This followed two suits filed by Evans lawyer, Olukoya Ogungbeje, at the High Court seeking his release and claiming N300m damages from the police.

Some senior police officers who spoke to Saturday Sun on condition of anonymity expressed fears that Evans might not make it to the court. They argued that he might plot his escape from prison, or get across to some of his members who are still on the run. Their concerns are not farfetched, given that several inmates in the past had reportedly committed much heinous crimes even while in prison.

Some of the officers confirmed that Evans was no longer in the police cell in Lagos. “He has not been returned since he was moved out. Evans is a broken man; police can’t resort to extra-judicial killings at this point. He is cooperating, and he is ready to help return all his ill-gotten wealth as soon as possible”, one of the officers said.

Another reliable source at the police command told Saturday Sun “Evans is not an ordinary criminal. I guess that they took him out for further investigation but I don’t know why they are yet to return him to his cell.” The source further assured: “No one is planning to kill Evans. I believe that they will return him later. He could be in any good cell in the state for security reasons, but I can assure you that he is not dead yet. Even if anything happens to him, if he dies in custody, it will be as a result of cancer which he claims he is suffering from.” Yet another senior police officer who preferred anonymity assured that Evans is okay. “He is okay and seriously cooperating with the police in its investigation. From the look of things, he might not spend up to three months in detention before he’s charged to court. As for his location, I assure you that he is in a protective custody somewhere out of town.” The officer who reinforced fears within the police circle, said that “a criminal is always a criminal,” adding that, “with the number of robbery cases and kidnappings to his credit, he is well known among criminals.”

He told Saturday Sun: “Within the short period that he spent in our cell, he is already controlling inmates in the cell. They fear and respect him; we do not want to run the risk of allowing him to form another notorious group which is common amongst them.”

On why his family is yet to get access to him, the officer said that they are yet to approach the police. “A lot of his family members benefitted from his ill-gotten wealth, so they are afraid to come close to the police station.

Evans confirmed that he bought a car for his father and also gave him N3m. The police will recover such money and properties.

We will soon get a warrant to pick his father up and possibly his mother, who also benefitted.”

Calls and text messages to both the Lagos Police Spokesman, Olarinde Famous-Cole and the Force PRO, Moshood Jimoh on the official position of the Police on Evans’ whereabouts were neither answered nor responded to as at 10pm yesterday.

Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Mrjaz(m): 6:25am On Jul 08, 2017
Hmm grin we are watching

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 08, 2017
Next thing we go hear kabiru sokoto kind of news

Maybe those police officers he is about to implicate have killed him
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by jhydebaba(m): 6:29am On Jul 08, 2017
Police divulge too much info, una complain. Now, they are not saying much, una still complain. I faint for una.

Make dem arrest Evans people sharperly before them escape now. Abi, I go read for newspaper say police wan arrest me, I go dey der dey sit down look shocked

1 Like

Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 08, 2017
Waiting patiently....... Justice must be served, sometimes while hot!
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by deuce07(m): 6:35am On Jul 08, 2017
they said Maybe his cancer got to him.. Nigerian police are pretty dumb, that I can assure you.
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Mimzyy(f): 7:02am On Jul 08, 2017
Waoh! Just waoh!!! The lives of those that he kidnapped ain't safe at all. In fact, this is rubbish. A planned work. I just saw this coming. Nigeria is so lawless!!!

Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by PointZerom: 7:44am On Jul 08, 2017
The same people that moved Clifford Orji out of Lagos........hmmmm
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Aden777(m): 8:02am On Jul 08, 2017
Them want to tell us........ Another story againi o
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 08, 2017
Very good. 9ja police are the dumbest set of people in the world. If na innocent person now dem go dey carry shoulder

1 Like

Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Franklyly: 8:37am On Jul 08, 2017
Y
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by columbus007(m): 9:18am On Jul 08, 2017
We should rename this country to a joke undecided
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by sarrki(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2017
Franklyly:
Y

Z

Having said that Evans is one if the developers
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by lazinny(m): 9:23am On Jul 08, 2017
Evans don turn James Bond
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Kutunban: 9:25am On Jul 08, 2017
J
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 08, 2017
But why're people surprised? I only have two theories concerning this,
First: His "disappearance" could actually be cover up for his actual escape. Who knows? Anything goes in this country.

Two: He has been taken to a place of maximum security where he could be closely monitored and where all attempts of escape would be boycotted. I believe it's not all information that should be divulged to the public. Let him be kept anonymously, it's better that way.
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by smartty68(m): 9:32am On Jul 08, 2017
Some senior police officers who spoke to Saturday Sun on condition of anonymity expressed fears that Evans might not make it to the court. They argued that he might plot his escape from prison, or get across to some of his members who are still on the run. Their concerns are not farfetched, given that several inmates in the past had reportedly committed much heinous crimes even while in prison.
There's disagreement even within the police officials as they don't trust themselves!

Evans isn't missing, what they're trying to do is keep him away from journalists and the media.

Our Naija Journalists are very disgraceful. Mtchewww
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by essohjay1(m): 9:35am On Jul 08, 2017
Really
I guess he's been moved to his own prison 'La Cathedral' just like Pablo Escobar.....Nigeria and her security agencies are doomed!!!
What a country!!!
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by ennon92(m): 9:37am On Jul 08, 2017
grin grin grin
Nijeriya is a joke nothing more
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by flexxyworld(m): 9:37am On Jul 08, 2017
naija I hail thee solemnly
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by smartty68(m): 9:41am On Jul 08, 2017
Inanna:
First: His "disappearance" could actually be cover up for his actual escape. Who knows? Anything goes in this country.

Two: He has been taken to a place of maximum security where he could be closely monitored and where all attempts of escape would be boycotted. I believe it's not all information that should be divulged to the public. Let him be kept anonymously, it's better that way.
I agree with the second option
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Aare2050(m): 9:42am On Jul 08, 2017
Ok
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by thesicilian: 9:43am On Jul 08, 2017
The kidnapper has become a kidnappee.
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by LionDeLeo: 9:46am On Jul 08, 2017
Kidnapped?
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by thesicilian: 9:48am On Jul 08, 2017
Inanna:

Or he has been moved out of the country by powerful forces who Fo not want him to reveal too much for their own comfort.
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 08, 2017
“Within the short period that he spent in our cell, he is already controlling inmates in the cell. They fear and respect him; we do not want to run the risk of allowing him to form another notorious group which is common amongst them.”
That's how you know a real criminal

1 Like

Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Chikelue2000(m): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2017
Eh!
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by liftedhigh: 9:56am On Jul 08, 2017
Ok
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by ikombe: 9:58am On Jul 08, 2017
I just dey laugh grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Caustics: 9:59am On Jul 08, 2017
grin
Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 08, 2017
if you believe this country is a Zoo, click like.

And there was a country.....

1 Like

Re: Evans Vanishes — 8th July 2017 by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 08, 2017
Mtchewwwww

Just wen u thought Nigerian police is improving

Den dis happens

#Eco99#

(1) (2) (Reply)

South African School Girl Uses Her Breast As Profile Picture On Facebook / Ngcard.store Is A Scam / Say No To Cultism Rally Who Will Join Us - PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.