Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. (568 Views)

Will Any Government In The World Sit And Watch A "Revolution" Protest? / Okorocha To Imo Youths: It Is Better To Be A Robber Than To Smoke Weed [video] / Okorocha To Imo Youths: It Is Better To Be An Armed Robber Than To Smoke Weed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by Gourdoinc(m): 7:46am On Jul 08, 2017
I am an igbo person and have always stood for one Nigeria, this isn't because I am blind to the marginalization of my people but because it's very clear that the elite which comprises of northerners majorly have decided to make a fool of every Nigerian and not just igbos. I always hoped and wished that one day these issues will solve themsleves, but it's pretty clear with the utterances of many in the ruling class, spreading propaganda on the demerits of a restructured Nigeria, that there is no hope for the common man in this country come what may.

Nigeria will always be divided across religious and tribal biases, thus implies we will never see eye to eye on many issues, thus the benefits of being a federation can't be enjoyed because many of its parts aren't working. the world is going green, oil is losing value, Nigeria is technologically backward, by 2050 the global landscape on business and governance would have eluded us and left us in the wake of mediocrity and yet many of the rulers who are currently destroying this country would have all perished by that time. leaving we all (youths) and our children to suffer the effects of their actions and inaction.

anybody who doesn't see how and why restructuring must be done now to stop this lazy and un innovative form of expensive governance truly wishes the nation evil and the youths must stand up and fight it to the last. the call for revolution is out. we must fight for a restructuring of the nation. very state must become autonomous, we must dilute federal powers. we must strengthen the local governments. the local govt must become the strongest arm of government because it's closet to the people. we must start seeing our rulers to enable us stone them when needed.

many states are moribund economically and rules by lazy people who wait for the robbery being done to the Niger deltans before he can pay salaries. yet every state in Nigeria has one or two Raw materials that can be harnessed to enable it contribute to a federal structure instead of the other way round.

the youths of Nigeria must abandon politics and become freedom fighters. there are no jobs for us today talkless of our children, there is no power today for us talkless of our children, there is no development today for us in any facet of life talkless of our children. what will the youths of today show to their unborn children as their contribution to the developments of this country asides immorality, yahoo yahoo, fraud, political asslicking and the likes.

every Nigerian youth irrespective of tribe and religion is a current victim of this injustice. even though some northerners have an advantage as opposed to southern youths that's to nepotism. a majority of them are still wallowing in poverty caused by unemployment and under development.

the youths must start a mental and physical revolution. we must emancipate Nigeria from. the clutches of these evil men who won't live till 2050

1 Like

Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by okenwa(m): 7:50am On Jul 08, 2017
Those people who placed Nigeria in these mess once enjoined free education, free transport services etc.
Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by Deedeedee3: 7:55am On Jul 08, 2017
Mchtwee! You better support Biafra with your people.

1 Like

Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by nabiz(m): 7:57am On Jul 08, 2017
Do we have youth in Nigeria?�
Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by escodotman: 8:00am On Jul 08, 2017
Beautiful piece @ OP. The Northerners dont want this counrty restructured because they think without the wealth of the oil of the Niger delta, all hope is lost for them. A friend of mine who is a Northerner categorically told me that Nigeria shouldnt be restructured because the North will suffer. Yet they believe they own Nigeria and they are the first class citizens while others are mere servants. They contribute virtually nothing economically to this country, yet they are the greatest beneficiary of this unwanted marriage called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 08, 2017
Op nice piece, dat is wat we are telling dem, u would see dem supporting saraki because dey hate buhari

2 Likes

Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by DrUcheMbah(m): 8:03am On Jul 08, 2017
The problem is that the youth do not realise the enormous amount of power they possess. Social media has even brought us closer than ever.

2 Likes

Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by Gourdoinc(m): 8:17am On Jul 08, 2017
lalasticlala or mynd44 it's necessary we bring to fore topics such as this which will awake the consiciouness of our youths. it's not a call to war or destabilization. we want real change now and it starts with our youths. we must fight for a restructuring of this nation with youths at the fore front. enough of politics
Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by Joenyam(m): 8:23am On Jul 08, 2017
I'm not participating in the next elections or any other except I see posters of youths canvassing for offices.
We need to get rid of all those old folks who call themselves politicians.
All they do is bury their heads in the sand and stand for nothing but reelection.

1 Like

Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 08, 2017
One Nigeria is a Scam !!!!!! Even Atiku & Oby are aware of that !!!! So who are the youths
Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by Joenyam(m): 8:26am On Jul 08, 2017
Gourdoinc:
lalasticlala or mynd44 it's necessary we bring to fore topics such as this which will awake the consiciouness of our youths. it's not a call to war or destabilization. we want real change now and it starts with our youths. we must fight for a restructuring of this nation with youths at the fore front. enough of politics
Have you been into a discuss with an average Nigerian youth? Its OK to be sentimental but not stupid, sadly most are both.
We need serious work on this...
Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by Gourdoinc(m): 8:31am On Jul 08, 2017
Joenyam:

Have you been into a discuss with an average Nigerian youth? Its OK to be sentimental but not stupid, sadly most are both.
We need serious work on this...
sure you are correct. but that's life. many aren't balanced and it's the Nigerian mentality. it never takes 100 of anything to achieve anything. it only takes a meaningful majority. I am hoping for reasonable and intelligent Nigerian youths who care about the future of themselves and their children. we can't say because alot of our youths are mentally emotional we won't still raise a struggle. many of them are victims of the circumstances which we intend to fight in revolution. Nigeria can't remain like this. if today is this bad, tell me a way forward that doesn't include abject poverty and mental death. we must fight mediocrity anywhere it exists

2 Likes

Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by Gourdoinc(m): 8:36am On Jul 08, 2017
Joenyam:
I'm not participating in the next elections or any other except I see posters of youths canvassing for offices.
We need to get rid of all those old folks who call themselves politicians.
All they do is bury their heads in the sand and stand for nothing but reelection.
very similar to me, I will vote nobody in this current Nigerian state. to keep doing the same wrong thing every four years, listening to empty promises and yet expecting a different result, perfectly defines insanity. they love the fact many Nigerian youths are suffering and unemployed. how else will they use stomach infrastructure to entice them for their votes if not when we are hungry. they understand this concept that Nigerians when hungry have low attention span. we seek quick gratification to meet our needs and they play to that. how can we the future of this nation keep watching soon to be dead people deciding a future they aren't part of. we must fight for a restructuring. not because it will solve all our problems in one day but it will encourage diversification with homogeneous communities who enjoy the benefits of trade and collaboration which a federalism enjoys

2 Likes

Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by BiafranPrince: 8:44am On Jul 08, 2017
You want to do revolution with Abo.ki and afonjo and when it fails they will tag it Igbo revolution.

U go dey alright.
Re: A Call To Nigerian Youths, It's Time For A Revolution. by UncleJudax(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2017
Deedeedee3:
Mchtwee! You better support Biafra with your people.
Just what he wrote up there. It is either tribe or religion.

One Nigeria ontop of Niger Delta oil

(1) (Reply)

New Igbo Group Real Igbo Ambassadors / Igbos Are Only Blackmailing Nigeria To Give Them Presidency – Arewa Chieftain / Hyenas N Jackals Will Be Sent Out Of D Kingdom Says Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.