Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! (1055 Views)

See How MTN Wants Us To Compulsorily Exhaust Our Data / See How MTN Accidentally Breaches Subscribers Airtime Balance Privacy / How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
the thing is just like a movie to my eyes o...

After subscribing on June 3 2017 for the monthly 1.5 gig which i can afford as a student everything was going on fine. I was given 20 percent bonus for my subscription and I was surprised at first knowing the kind of network that MTN is but along the line I just felt relaxed because all seemed well, the internet speed was okay.

So after using up the bonus data which was 250mb I guess, my internet connections immediately stopped I was thinking maybe it was because of the rain that was falling so I decided to switch off my phone and I went to bed but after waking up at about 5.30 pm that same day I realized that it might actually be something else that is causing the holdup so I decided to take a stroll to king square in Benin city. Those that are familiar with that area will know that there's nothing techy in Edo state that you can't find there, if its not there then its not in the state. so I went there and switched on my data and still it was not connecting, but when I check my data I still have my 1.5 gig which I subscribed for. I was so shocked that I decided to call their customer care to know what's up, after running a check on my line they told me that every thing was okay with my line and they confirmed that I had the 1.5 gig on my sim but why I was unable to browse they couldn't say. The customer care agent then told me that I should wait for 24 hours that she'll refresh my sim and forward my details to a certain unit that the issue will surely be resolved the next day. My people naxo I wait o till today I never still browse..

I then decided to call there customer care rep today and they na started telling me rubbish that my data has been canceled.

what rubbish, as in who cancelled the data, is it the witches in my village or they canceled it from my villages community chairmans backyard.

I have not given my phone to anyone since when I subscribed, and this Mtn rep is telling me trash..

why will I subscribe and then cancel the data.

I even borrowed data from them which I'm using to post this and it worked but the one I bought they decided to cancel it, why did they not cancel this one..

Next tomorrow I'm storming their office and I swear I will punch any one that tells me crap that day...

if they like make them arrest me. my hard earned 1k can't just come and go like that na..

Guys if you see anything called Mtn just flee...

I've been tweeting them since Sunday but them nor wan reply.

oga seun lalasticlala Mtn wan run me street o...

I attached the screenshot of the data balance

abeg make una let the whole world see the wayo wey Mtn be

2 Shares

Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by Papiikush: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
I stopped using Mtn for subscription since may. I discovered I was a Maga grin
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by faruz: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2017
Pele sad
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by hakimi1974(m): 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
I had exactly the same problem with them last year, the way i take follow them like trailer wey no get brake eh, sharp sharp them rectify the problem. i hate cheating.
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by Nbote(m): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
Mtn are d new data criminals in town.. Jus talk to JideSM here on nairaland.. Most of the agents we talk to on d phone are jus dumb and lazy...
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by iliyande(m): 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2017
Call NCC
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by Shollay20(m): 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
MTN is not good for data, it zap data like WiFi network, but is OK for calling.
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
iliyande:
Call NCC
you get the number
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by durodendus: 7:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
Mtn pls change. Upgrade your systems.
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
hakimi1974:
I had exactly the same problem with them last year, the way i take follow them like trailer wey no get brake eh, sharp sharp them rectify the problem. i hate cheating.
how did you manage to do it
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by Marvel1206: 7:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ajehswag:
how did you manage to do it
www.nairaland.com/jidesm

I'm 100% sure he will help you solve it
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by iliyande(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2017
Ajehswag:
you get the number

Check them out on twitter.
Re: How MTN Duped Me Of My Hard Earned #1000 Other Mtn Users, Be Warned!! by JideSM: 7:36am On Jul 10, 2017
Ajehswag:
the thing is just like a movie to my eyes o...

After subscribing on June 3 2017 for the monthly 1.5 gig which i can afford as a student everything was going on fine. I was given 20 percent bonus for my subscription and I was surprised at first knowing the kind of network that MTN is but along the line I just felt relaxed because all seemed well, the internet speed was okay.

So after using up the bonus data which was 250mb I guess, my internet connections immediately stopped I was thinking maybe it was because of the rain that was falling so I decided to switch off my phone and I went to bed but after waking up at about 5.30 pm that same day I realized that it might actually be something else that is causing the holdup so I decided to take a stroll to king square in Benin city. Those that are familiar with that area will know that there's nothing techy in Edo state that you can't find there, if its not there then its not in the state. so I went there and switched on my data and still it was not connecting, but when I check my data I still have my 1.5 gig which I subscribed for. I was so shocked that I decided to call their customer care to know what's up, after running a check on my line they told me that every thing was okay with my line and they confirmed that I had the 1.5 gig on my sim but why I was unable to browse they couldn't say. The customer care agent then told me that I should wait for 24 hours that she'll refresh my sim and forward my details to a certain unit that the issue will surely be resolved the next day. My people naxo I wait o till today I never still browse..

I then decided to call there customer care rep today and they na started telling me rubbish that my data has been canceled.

what rubbish, as in who cancelled the data, is it the witches in my village or they canceled it from my villages community chairmans backyard.

I have not given my phone to anyone since when I subscribed, and this Mtn rep is telling me trash..

why will I subscribe and then cancel the data.

I even borrowed data from them which I'm using to post this and it worked but the one I bought they decided to cancel it, why did they not cancel this one..

Next tomorrow I'm storming their office and I swear I will punch any one that tells me crap that day...

if they like make them arrest me. my hard earned 1k can't just come and go like that na..

Guys if you see anything called Mtn just flee...

I've been tweeting them since Sunday but them nor wan reply.

oga seun lalasticlala Mtn wan run me street o...

I attached the screenshot of the data balance

abeg make una let the whole world see the wayo wey Mtn be

Hi Ajehswag, i'm truly sorry about this experience. I will like to use this medium to inform you that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are discussed. Kindly send your mobile number via private message to enable me look into this. I await your response. Regards

(1) (Reply)

A Case Of Another Smartphone Explosion This Time Its Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Capture / Glo Are Big Thieves And They Know It!: My Experience Today. / Showing Love To People Should Be An Everyday Affair Not Once A Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.