Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret (1323 Views)

Man Explains Why "Bad Girls" Get Married Faster While "Good Girls" Don't / Why Runs Girls’ Get The Good Guys & The Decent Girls Don’t – Joro Olumofin Expla / Island Residents Are Refusing To Date Mainland Residents And Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret by Bauer1: 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2017
I have seen so many questions on this subject here on Nairaland but it hasn't bothered me until now. As a good guy (which I like to believe I am) and a single one at that, I recently began to ponder what kind of girl I'll end up with. That is why I decided to take this question seriously as "the good finding the bad" is becoming a norm. After careful thinking I had an epiphany and the answer became crystal clear, it's even more interesting because it's something we all know and I'll tell you in a moment.

When I was a toddler I tend to move towards the kerosene lamp whenever I see one and it was normal for my Mom to pull me away from it. She tries to make it harder to get to but it seems the harder she tries to keep me from it, the more determined I became. This went on until she finally used my hands to touch the hot part of the lamp. I never went back after that.
Why Was I so interested in the lamp. it is simply because it mystified me, hence I was curious. I wanted to unravel the mystery. the toys I had, they were no longer a mystery , they became nothing compared to the lamp .

To the good guy/girl, the bad guy/girl is a mystery. Curiosity takes over and then we want to see what makes them tick and sometimes with the wrong thought that we can change them if we don't like what we find. When we get them, only then do we realize the terrible mistake we've made, only then do we clearly see that in pursuing mystery we have sold out our happiness.

So, Good guys/girls in the house don't discard that good guy/girl you have in search for mystery, for then you will discover that you threw away gold in your search for brass.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret by psucc(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
They're intended to blend and live a balance family life.

1 Like

Re: Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret by Bauer1: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2017
psucc:
They're intended to blend and live a balance family life.
My guy , this is not a matter of "like and unlike poles".. it is a lifelong commitment. Balance? when she wants more than you, as a good guy, are willing to give.. that word won't exist in the relationship.
Re: Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret by psucc(m): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
Bauer1:

My guy , this is not a matter of "like and unlike poles".. it is a lifelong commitment. Balance? when she wants more than you, as a good guy, are willing to give.. that word won't exist in the relationship.
And thank God you know it is a lifelong commitment. Sir, it is one of the mysteries of life. You hardly can know or predict until you fall into it.

But one thing that cannot be denied is that patience, tolerance and forgiveness are the only virtues that can help such families.
Re: Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret by Bauer1: 10:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
psucc:
And thank God you know it is a lifelong commitment. Sir, it is one of the mysteries of life. You hardly can know or predict until you fall into it.

But one thing that cannot be denied is that patience, tolerance and forgiveness are the only virtues that can help such families.
Tolerance has got it's limit.. If you make the wrong choice, you may come to a violent end.
Re: Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret by Bauer1: 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
psucc:

would you tolerate adultery?
Re: Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret by DOUBLEWAHALA: 11:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
if u say you are a water they will give u fire to quench
Re: Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret by Bauer1: 9:34am On Aug 04, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:
if u say you are a water they will give u fire to quench
lol.. seems you are still advocating the like and unlike poles theory here..
seriously, relationships work better with like poles.. its an exception to that cliche.
Re: Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret by DOUBLEWAHALA: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2017
Bauer1:

lol.. seems you are still advocating the like and unlike poles theory here..
seriously, relationships work better with like poles.. its an exception to that cliche.
it took me a grace of Hollywood film to understand this ur adage called QUOTE pls r u a Hollywood movie lover
Re: Why The Good Guys Get The Bad Girls And Vice Versa - An Open Secret by Bauer1: 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
DOUBLEWAHALA:

it took me a grace of Hollywood film to understand this ur adage called QUOTE pls r u a Hollywood movie lover
grin .. a huge fan.. especially the detective plus action plus love type.. but that has got nothing to do with this.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Actress, Funke Adesiyan Controversially Hugs Mr. Ibu With Her Big B**bs / Melanin Glow! Buhari's Youngest Daughter Is Breath Taking / Italian Suits, Senator Wears, Bespoke Waist Coats..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.