Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? (656 Views)

Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power / Goodluck Becomes First African President To Be Given Diplomatic Circles Award / Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Threatens To Commit Suicide If Goodluck Jonathan Wins 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by sheriffman(m): 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2010
Going by what I have been reading,hearing and observing,I think it's safe to say that soon and very soon indeed Goodluck Jonathan will be sworn in as the president either in an acting capacity or whatever.

My premise is based on the fact that Yaradua's health is not improving as we have been made to believe by the FEC in the last few weeks,also attempts by some of his very close cohorts to bring him home soon may not yield any positive result as the Saudi Doctors are said to be against it,and even if he comes back he may not be in a right frame of mind psychologically and health-wise to continue in that capacity as the president.Going by these it's now news that some Northern elites and political leaders have dumped Yaradua and are now shopping for a suitable VP for Goodluck who will in turn be a presentable candidate in the 2011 elections so that the north can continue and say complete it's term of 8 years.

Now my question is this: What happens if all these comes to pass?
1: Does that mean that the North will then rule us for a new 6 years tenure in addition to what Yaradua has spent?

2: What if Goodluck performs and does a good job with his little time there?Will the PDP tell him to move aside so a northerner can replace him?

3: What will be the stand of the South-South and the remaining Southerners?
Re: What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by Arkhin(m): 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2010
Forget all the worries, it's GOODLUCK to all Nigerians.
HAKUNA MATATAS
Re: What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 01, 2010
Arkhin:

HAKUNA MATATAS
Same here.
Re: What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by hatch: 5:00pm On Feb 01, 2010
[size=28pt]First things First,Yenegoa becomes the federal capital of Nigeria undecided[/size]
Re: What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by ayettymama(f): 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2010
he cant stay in power for more than 3 months

according to that yeye constitution

ao another election will be held

there will probablty be a chance for other parties to step in
Re: What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by OvieE: 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2010
Arkhin:

HAKUNA MATATAS

Yes ooooooooohhhhhhh
Re: What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by emiwanlee(m): 1:26am On Feb 02, 2010
Jonathan is no good too,i am from niger delta i know he will do the billings of the north.obasanjo knew this things. believe me
Re: What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by sheriffman(m): 11:09am On Feb 02, 2010
ayettymama:

he cant stay in power for more than 3 months

according to that yeye constitution

ao another election will be held

there will probablty be a chance for other parties to step in

If Goodluck is sworn in as an acting president,he will stay there for the rest of the first term tenure.
Re: What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by naijaswag1: 12:47pm On Feb 02, 2010
Soon and very soon,
We are going to see the Lord
Soon and very soon,

We have been singing soon and very soon for two months going to three months.This people are doing some political mathematics.When they come out with the results of that political equation,it may not equal Jonathan.I have a premonition about that.
Re: What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by kshow1(m): 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2010
The looting still continues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sad sad
Re: What Happens If Goodluck Becomes The President? by Jaylon(m): 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2010
100% oil and gas derivation

(1) (Reply)

Pay Of The President / This Is Ugly / Be Aggressive, Danjuma Tells Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.