Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,640 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra (60626 Views)

Adeboye Being Ordained As A Pastor In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor / Offiah Identical Twins To Be Ordained As Catholic Priests Same Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by Handsomecole(m): 3:29am On Jul 09, 2017
Rubbish! Rubbish!! and Rubbish!!!
iamexcelblog:

Will you shut up. Stop talking nonsense. Many seminarians and priests sympathize with IPOB and Biafra. Even some Bishops too. The Nigerian state has failed us and there is no going back.

For how long will you people celebrate bad leaders and legislooters who are protected by the criminal Nigerian state?

Name One Sector in Nigeria you are proud of?

For how long will you people celebrate 2 hours of unstable low current as electricity?

For how long will you people celebrate bad roads?

For how long will you people celebrate scarcity of food and water?

For how long will you people celebrate insecurity and extra judicial killings by security agencies supported by despotic and ethnically bigoted governments?

With the current structure of Nigeria, do you think we can get it right in the next 1000 years?

When will Enough be Enough?

Kedu mgbe unu ga ama Ihe? (When will you people have common sense?)

Biafra is our last hope. If we stop agitating for Biafra and drop the dream, what better option do you have for us? NOTHING! THE GOVERNMENT AND PAST LEADERS HAVE FAILED US.
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by Generalyemi(m): 4:59am On Jul 09, 2017
bsideboii:
Are preists supposed to be involved in politically related matters?

silly question ...but Yoruba pastor is your president... rubbish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by wizod(m): 5:07am On Jul 09, 2017
WUHE:
Who is that Idiot that was ordained a priest
useless poor man, go get small sense hmmmmm?
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:08am On Jul 09, 2017
umu chukwu jisike na olu anyi ga enwe nmeri ... meanwhile I am ikwere man, I'm more a Biafran than Nnamdi KANU, any f00l that said rivers is not part of this movement should stage anti Biafra rally let's see who will support him... we are getting there... umu Biafra meka meka Oooo , Afonjas right now

1 Like

Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by WUHE: 5:14am On Jul 09, 2017
wizod:

I repeat, who is that Idiot that is doing what the church as not sent him to do.
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by WUHE: 5:17am On Jul 09, 2017
We had Irish and German priest here, what is so special about a dillusive Biafran priest
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by WUHE: 5:19am On Jul 09, 2017
wizod:

More funny is that Even Anambra that finds it difficult to elect a Gov. is chanting Biafra.
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by Lightening: 5:33am On Jul 09, 2017
iamphill:
politics and religion don't mix, thats oil and water. Though each to his/her own.
If Biafra will happen am sure it will happen.
But a priest is suppose to be neutral in a situation like this. Imagine the northern clerics of Alfas doing something similar like this am sure lots of people will read meaning to it.

Anybody wey my post vex oya come and beat me I dey my house.....lol

Happy weekend people...

Politics and religion don't mix? Please tell that to the Hausa/Fulani. We have now learnt how to mix them and they mix very well.
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by AreaFada2: 6:14am On Jul 09, 2017
People still pretend not to know that religion is politics. Whether Kingdoms, Sultanates, caliphates, Empires, emirates, right Egyptian times, religion was always at the centre of state affairs.

Attempt to separate clergy from state is a fairly recent stuff. Mostly from French revolution. And has never really succeeded.

Even ISIS is just following the trend in a brutal way. Not unseen in the past though. We have Sharia law in many Northern States in Nigeria.

Fr. Mbaka supported Buhari APC in election. The Catholic church did not silence him.

If Nigeria was a successful country with a good living standard by now, many of the things going on right now won't.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by mamaya24(m): 6:23am On Jul 09, 2017
D ministry is moving and we shall get there soon
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by tete7000(m): 6:43am On Jul 09, 2017
Pathetic, to say the least. When they are through they should ensure they exit Catholic Bishop Conference of Nigeria and start a biafran equivalent. No wonder Kanu hate messages find a home in the east, those who suppose preach a message of love to neutralise it are busy embracing the hate message. What they have forgotten is: "Those who sow wind, reaps whirlwind". You can't build justice, love and respect for dignity of fellowman on hate.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 09, 2017
AnonyNymous:
If Nigeria had gained independence this way, things would not be bad like this. By 'this way' I mean by a feeling of nationalism across every prospective citizen of the new nation to be called Nigeria. A strong desire among everyone to gain independence from British rule and have their own national identity.

Instead, Nigeria was formed by the elite and that is why the elite are the ones still holding it together. Ask your grandparents how involved the average Nigerian was in the struggle fir independence. In the United States, even people who could not fight were sewing uniforms and cooking food for the soldiers. How many of us have learned to 'love' our country? The problem isn't homogenity- the United States was made up of migrants from all over Europe and yet they lived in peace. Their civil war was caused by a disagreement over slavery, which was eventually resolved.

I am not, have never been, and will never be a fan of Nnamdi Kanu and his approach. He seems like an opportunist to me and isn't worthy to lead Biafra in my opinion. But he has succeeded in one area- planting a feeling of love and nationalism for the future nation to be called 'Biafra', if it is actualised. If the person at the helm of the Biafra agitation had been someone cultured, who achieved his aim without throwing insults left and right and propagating lies and hate speech, I wouldn't have any problem with them.

The only concern I have is the almost 'god like' following that Kanu has. George Washington who led the United States to freedom wasn't even the first 'President'. (Go look it up, he refused to be the president even though he was popular, he saw himself as much a citizen as everyone. There were actually 8 presidents before him during the era of the 'articles of confederation' before their constitution was drawn up). If the Igbo's refuse to be led by a dictator, with this kind of spirit (AND IF THEY HAVE A PLAN) Biafra will do well.

I used to be strongly 'anti seccession' but the country isn't working in its current structure, and though I am advocate for restructuring, if the majority votes for secession then so be it. I feel that each tribe currently in Nigeria has its individual strengths and weaknesses and together we would do a lot (as self sustaining regions) but that's just my opinion.
Well said, Nigeria has failed the masses. I am not a fan of Nnamdi Kanu and for me he is not an oppotunist.

This is a man who have decided to bell the cat and speak for the marginalises masses.

I whole heartedly support him because this country has failed me. Imagine the resources owned by more than 170million is been shared by less than 20,000 people.

The masses own this country due their population compared to the cabals. They will be suprised when the masses speak with one voice.
#IstandwithNnamdiKanu
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by ipob1(m): 6:55am On Jul 09, 2017
iamexcelblog:

Will you shut up. Stop talking nonsense. Many seminarians and priests sympathize with IPOB and Biafra. Even some Bishops too. The Nigerian state has failed us and there is no going back.

For how long will you people celebrate bad leaders and legislooters who are protected by the criminal Nigerian state?

For how long will you people celebrate 2 hours of unstable low current as electricity?

For how long will you people celebrate insecurity and extra judicial killings by security agencies supported by despotic and ethnically bigoted governments?

With the current structure of Nigeria, do you think we can get it right in the next 1000 years?

Biafra is our last hope. If we stop agitating for Biafra and drop the dream, what better option do you have for us? NOTHING! THE GOVERNMENT AND PAST LEADERS HAVE FAILED US.
nwanne ozugo, emefukwala oge gi ebe onye Yoruba no

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by iamphill: 6:58am On Jul 09, 2017
Lightening:

Politics and religion don't mix? Please tell that to the Hausa/Fulani. We have now learnt how to mix them and they mix very well.

Lol
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by iamphill: 6:59am On Jul 09, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Religion and Politics mix wella.
If you are Religious and you are not good in politics, I tell you you won't be able to gain new convert or to even keep those you have converted.

You are right but it shouldn't be the norm what do you think?
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by iamphill: 7:01am On Jul 09, 2017
WUHE:

Guy you make sense,nobody fit touch you. This is what th young priests have converted our esteemed religion into. Gaining cheap popularity

5 bottles of Ace and spades and 5 Bottle of Moet for my man.
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by mark2sunny(m): 7:15am On Jul 09, 2017
anyebedgreat:
I fear for these people. I just fear for them, their future, their children. I sincerely do.

Fear fear

Fear for your own life because that of your children and offspring will be decided by their maker.

Onye anti nona obiya sirike
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by ipob1(m): 7:18am On Jul 09, 2017
davidif:

Bros, you raised so many great points in this post. I never understood how a population with such a large uneducated populace would push so soon for independence when the country wasn't ready for it. The egos of the independence activists like Zik and Awo definitely clouded their judgement that's for sure.

But the main reason the country is still divided is because of the pathetic concept of 'State of Origin'. Its so stupid and discriminatory. How can an Igbo guy who was born and raised in kaduna be told that he is not from the North simply because his father is not from there? It makes no sense. In the US, if you have lived somewhere for a significant period of time then that's where you are from not some ancestral home that you have probably never set foot in before.

About the secession thing, we have seen this story many times before especially in Africa. A particular group who believes they are being persecuted and marginalized wants to secede in hope that forming a new republic would betree improve their lot. The line of thinking is that it couldn't be worse than what we are experiencing now only for them to realize later on that their 'new arrangement' is much worse. That's why one needs to be careful when running from a bad situation that they don't end up in a worse one (e.g South sudan). I believe it's what we call jumping from frying pan to fire.

The problem with this ipob movement is that it's not well thought out. It's based on emotions especially strong ones like bitterness, anger and frustration. It is also based on the cult of personality of an individual who may or may not be for to lead. A far reaching revolution needs thinkers and philosophers (think the American revolution) or else you end up like every other revolution (anger can only take you so far). A revolution is about changing people's minds and providing better alternatives and outcomes. Like a man once said, it is based on thought not thuggery. Anyone can protest for a cause or lead a protest on the street but not everyone can lead a nation or come up with solutions. Look at Africa, majority of the guys who pushed for independence from there colonial masters ended up being woeful leaders (I.e Kwame Nkrumah, Jomo Kenyatta, Milton Obote, Julius Nyerere etc): governing is very HARD!!!

Lastly, i feel Nigeria can work but it's constitution needs some serious amendments like decentralizing power from the federal level down to the local level, The provision for referendum, the reduction in the number of states (or frankly just abolishing them altogether and settling for regions), changing the electoral laws to allow people from outside the political establishment to get in (the barriers to entry are waaaaaay too high) etc.

Another word of caution for those who want to throw the baby out with the bath water; this push for breaking up Nigeria could lead to a geopolitical nightmare the likes Africa has never seen cos of the sheer size of the country, its ethnic diversity and its location between the sahara and central africa. You are probably talking about Congo 2.0 (I hope not). If this genie is let out of the lamp there is no putting it back in.

Either way, sorry for the long epistle.
u are stupid candidly speaking I prepare to die @ the hand of my brothers than from u. So die that south sudan, we don't care!
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by Splashme: 7:19am On Jul 09, 2017
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by giles14(m): 7:22am On Jul 09, 2017
sar33:
What is happening in the east?Has Nnamdi Kanu won the heart of everybody?A hardcore Biafran support who was ordained today as a priest at St Michael Catholic Church Nnewi celebrated with Biafran flag while other Biafrans chant songs as they celebrated with him.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/07/hardcore-biafran-supporter-ordained-as.html
is it still Michael uru-umudim nnewi
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by ipob1(m): 7:25am On Jul 09, 2017
davidif:

And you think carving out a country (a landlocked one at that) within another country will automatically solve all those problems you mentioned above as if the people in the new country are not the same people (with the same mentality) from the old country? Or that the leaders of this new republic are going to be different guys from the old ones? Hahaha. Like a popular British group once sang; "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss "
so what is ur problem? Unity beggar, any tin is better than the xoo @ this moment
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by davidif: 7:46am On Jul 09, 2017
ipob1:
u are stupid candidly speaking I prepare to die @ the hand of my brothers than from u. So die that south sudan, we don't care!

Hahahahahahaha grin grin grin get out of your feelings bro. So emotional like a 12 year old girl grin grin grin
And why am i not surprised at your comments. When people don't have answers they respond to childish antics like insults.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by alphaeus212(m): 7:52am On Jul 09, 2017
REPUBLIC GOTTEN BY THE YOUTH WILL BE STRONG AND POWERFUL THAT ONLY WHAT THE WHITES WILL DO WILL BE TO NEGOTIATE AND DO DIALOGUE WITH US LIKE REAL PEOPLE, NOT GIVING OUT BIG CASH TO OUR CRIMINAL ELDERS TO GET BAD LAWS PASSED IN THE SENATE...GOD BLESS BIAFRA.
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by munas: 7:53am On Jul 09, 2017
SirJeffry:
It is totally wrong for the church hierarchy to turn their eyes away from this act.

Such act may lead to more deterioration of the already deteriorated issue if not handled considering the number of people the Catholic church controls.

Such secession extremist should never have been allowed into priesthood.

Biafra will come at God's appointed time and not by gidigidi like this.

You have no point...

And i dont really blame you because maybe you dont know your history.
In 1966 during the war,world council of churches,the lutheresn church of norway and charitas priest actively surported the break away region of Biafra
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by myhotbrain: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2017
iamexcelblog:

My brother, you are quite right, all of these glaring deficit you have enumerated above were caused by marginalization of the poor masses by the elites of our country. The elites are from all regions and all tribes: They are our presidents, our governors, our senators, our house of representative members, our state house of assemblies members, our local government chairmen/chairwomen, our ministers, our commisioners, our ambassadors, our top civil servants and their juniors, our smooth talking pastors and Imams, our top military officers, our police officers, our teachers and professors, in fact all of us including those cannot reason well enough that, patriotism and sacrifice are all it takes to build an egalitarian society and not mindless looting and hates and bigotry amongst us all.

Imagine, if perchance you get Biafra, would automatically cleanse the blood of people of Biafra and its leaders such that all of the things you mentioned above will just vanished into thin air?

If you can think very deeply, how do you think all of the population of Igbo people fits into the little space of the core south east states, the issue of sustainability, the issue of agriculture and feeding etc, have you thought about the issue of boundaries and immigration, security of lives and properties, conflict and even more agitation amongst the people of Ndigbo origin, that is, the issue of fake and original Igbos, freeborn and children of slaves etc etc

These are things you all have to think about and proffer solutions to before you plunge Nigeria into another civil war, the war which I know and most well meaning people knows will be devastating to Igbo people.I MAKE BOLD TO STATE WITHOUT ANY REGRET: IF ANOTHER CIVIL WAR SHOULD OCCUR BECAUSE OF THIS UNREASONABLE AGITATION FOR IPOB/BIAFRA, IGBO PEOPLE WILL LOOSE SO MUCH MORE THAN THE FIRST CIVIL-WAR IN ALL RAMIFICATIONS. AM ALSO SURE, THAT ALL OF US WILL LOOSE GREATLY AND AT THE END, WE WOULD ALL ASK OURSELVES: WHY DID WE START ANOTHER WAR IN THE FIRST INSTANCE?

THE SOLUTIONS TO OUR PROBLEM ARE, MOST PROBABLE:,

POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC RESTRUCTURING BASED ON THE 6 REGION ZONES.
CHANGING BACK TO PARLIAMENTARY DEMOCRACY, AT LEAST, IN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WITH ASSURED ZONING OF THE PRESIDENCY AMONGST THE SIX REGIONS.

AND, IF WE ARE KEEP THE PRESENT PRESIDENTIAL DEMOCRACY, WE SHOULD INSTITUTE ONLY 2 PARTY SYSTEM BUT ALLOWED ANY "QUALIFIED" PERSON TO CONTEST AS INDEPENDENT IF THEY SO WISH.

But unfortunately, some of our leaders and teachers knows the best for and refuse to do these because of one reason or the other and mainly, because of their selfish interests and utmost greed.

If you ask me: RATHER THAN THE CALL FOR BIAFRA, WE ALL, IGBOS, YORUBA, HAUSA, FULANI, IBIBIO, EFIT, TIV, IGALA, IDOMA, IJAW, ITSHEKIRI, IRONO, IBINI, KANURI, UHROBO, ETC ETC SHOULD BE ASKING AND AGITATING FOR A REVOLJTION!!!!

WE NEED A REVOLUTION TO FREE THE POOR MASSES OF THIS NATION FROM THE GRIP OF GREEDY AND UNPATRIOTIC LEADERS.

WE DONT NEED BIAFRA/IPOB OR "BALKANIZATION" OF NIGERIA
WE DONT NEED ANOTHER CIVIL WAR,
WE DONT NEED DESTRUCTION OF LIVES AND PROPERTIES
WE DONT NEED HATES AND BIGOTRY AMONGST THE POOR MASSES OF NIGERIA
WE DONT NEED DIVISION AND BACKWARDNESS
WE DONT NEED RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION

WE NEED LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING AMONGST OURSELVES
WE NEED COOPERATIION AND PARTNERSHIP
WE NEED INTER-MARRIAGES AND MUTUAL RESPECT
WE NEED FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT AND INVESTMENT AND RIGHTS OF CITIZENSHIP IN ALL STATES
WE NEED FULLY FUNDED AND ALL ENCOMPASSING EDUCATION
WE NEED RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE AND FREEDOM TO WORSHIP
WE NEED TO RESPECT OUR CULTURAL DIFFENCES AND DIVERSITIES
WE NEED TO CONDEMN THE WRONGS OF ANY OUR LEADERS REGARDLESS OF TRIBE OR ETHNICITY
WE NEED TO APPRECIATE AND SUPPORT ALL OF OUR PEOPLE WITHOUT EXCEPTION OF IDENTITY

WE NEED A REVOLUTION

WE NEED ONE NIGERIA, ONE NATION UNDER GOD.
WE NEED TO PRAY MORE FOR NIGERIA

MAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS!!

AMEN AMEN AMEN
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 09, 2017
tete7000:
Pathetic, to say the least. When they are through they should ensure they exit Catholic Bishop Conference of Nigeria and start a biafran equivalent. No wonder Kanu hate messages find a home in the east, those who suppose preach a message of love to neutralise it are busy embracing the hate message. What they have forgotten is: "Those who sow wind, reaps whirlwind". You can't build justice, love and respect for dignity of fellowman on hate.
mumu
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by VanBommel(m): 8:11am On Jul 09, 2017
hardywaltz:
They IPOB will be first to complain if it were an Islamic scholar that raised a Boko Harram flag.
stv.pid talk undecided
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by Torylanez(m): 8:13am On Jul 09, 2017
iamexcelblog:

And all these? Your eastern leaders and you in particular aren't guilty of it?

The way you minions always portray your so called IPod sef...

As if all of Ya'll are saints and never contributed to this country woes

I laugh... We all want you to get your IPod, we are just waiting for the drama that will unfold afterwards

Lol
Re: IPOB Supporter Ordained As A Priest Celebrate With Biafran Flag In Anambra by Conner44: 8:13am On Jul 09, 2017
WUHE:

That guy is a complete Idiot, is that the core values of a priest.All this boy's that do not even know why they went to seminary, going witout a calling. Civil Servant

From the way you're reasoning it's looking like you do not have a single Rev or priest or pastor in your family.

So if I'm a priest I should turn a blind eye to the plight of my brothers and sisters abi? the same brothers and sisters that I grew up with? I should face my faith and forget my roots when I'm living in the same area as they are?

Think before you post my friend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pope John Paul Ii And Michael Jackson Found In Hell! / Leke Adeboye Speaks About First Fruit, Daddy Freeze And His Followers React / Muslim Dressed As 'Santa Claus' In Sokoto Praying (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.