Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada - Literature (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada (440548 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by nerd51(f): 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
Marianneada, there is someone posting our story on Fb, meant to be, by the name GE NI US, did u grant your permission to the person? Please check it out
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by urchman23: 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
marianneada:
update will drop today, i attended a friend's traditional marriage yesterday and returned late, i was so tired that i couldn't type.

HAPPY SUNDAY TO EVERYONE.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Queensiju: 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
marianneada:
update will drop today, i attended a friend's traditional marriage yesterday and returned late, i was so tired that i couldn't type.

HAPPY SUNDAY TO EVERYONE.
Happy sunday to U too dear. Wetin U bring come? Abi u don finish all d goodies? Will really apprecite an update. Make it long, biko.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Vkay1: 9:42am On Aug 28, 2017
Have Always Been A Ghost Reader Bt I Must Say Dis Story Is Breathtakin
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2017
******** Debbie 's mum woke up early and went to check on her, she knocked at the door and and there was no response, she forced the door open and Debbie was nowhere to be found, she checked the bathroom for her but she was not there, she fumed with anger, she zoomed out of the room and ran downstairs, she called in the gateman immediately

"Where's my daughter?" she threw at him angrily

"Madam which one?" he asked with a confused look

"You're very stupid, the one that has been around" she roared at him

"Ohhhhhh, Debbie, she don go na"

"What do you mean"

"She comot very early in the morning"

"Why didn't you tell me before you opened the gate for her?"

"Madam i no dey take permission from you before i open gate for her"

"leave my sight!!!" she yelled at him

She searched her bag for her phone and found it, she dialled Debbie's number but it was switched off, she decided to Thelma.

She picked at the fifth ring

"Good morning mum " she greeted her yawning

"Tell your sister not to step foot into My house with that pregnancy, she either abort the baby or forget about me"

"Mummy what's going on, you're scaring me with your words" she jerked from her bed

"Your useless sister ran away just because we had an appointment with the doctor to abort the pregnancy"

"I'll talk to her about it when she returns"

"You better do ooo, i'll call you later at night, bye" she said ending the call

"I'm sorry for everything i did to your family," uncle Gabriel apologized to his brother
Everyone was present in the sitting room, he was released the previous day, and he couldn't stop apologizing to his brother, he felt ashamed of himself, after all he did, his brother still showed so much love to him, he wiped the tears that was flowing down his cheeks, George had never seen his uncle cry, he was moved to tears.

His uncle have been kneeling down begging his daddy, he couldn't bear watching him anymore, he walked to him and helped him to his feet,

"Gabriel, you're my only brother and i love you so much, i cant watch you languish in jail, all i want to see in you is change," George's dad said to him

"Thank you so much my brother, my wife" he turned to George 's mum

"please forgive me"

"It' s ok my brother in law"

Mr Ufomba opened his briefcase and brought out a brown envelope

"You've always wanted the share of the company, take this and stay away from my family"

"My brother please i won't accept this, i have to work to earn that, i'll help you out in the company, i want to show you how sorry i am"

He gave his wife a suspicious look,

"Have you thought about this deeply" he asked Gabriel

"Yes, i plan to stay here with your family until i find a wife of my own,"

"You can stay here for as long as you want, this house also belongs to you" his wife chipped in

Everyone was happy with the new Uncle Gabriel, they prayed that he would never go back to his old ways.

Thelma has been worried over her sister, it was getting late and she had not returned, she called her mum to inform her that Debbie hasn't arrived, she tried Debbie's number and it rang but she refused picking her calls rather she received a message from her telling her not to bother searching for her, she called her back and she picked,

"Debbie, everyone is worried about you, where're you?"

"I'm fine, i just need some time alone to decide on what i want to do with this baby,"

"You need me around you, you can't pass through this alone" Thelma tried to persuade her to return home but she cut the call on her

************* It's been one week she heard from her sister, she was worried about her sister's education since they were in their final year, but she was relieved after a friend of hers told her She saw Debbie in the lecture hall, Debbie's friends confirmed she has been attending lectures, she tried to find out where she was staying.

She had checked all her sister's friends but she was not with them,she was tired of her mummy's endless calls, she cant stop calling her to know about Debbie's where about. After one week of unsuccessful search for her sister, Thelma gave up.

Thelma was about leaving the school cafeteria with her friends when she saw Debbie walking towards a black tinted jeep, she ran after her, but she was too late, the car zoomed off before she caught up with her.

She was shocked that Debbie's friends have refused to call her as they promised to, anytime Debbie is around for lectures, she sometimes visit their department to check on her,

"Maybe, they're hiding her whereabout from me,..." she mumbled and walked back to her friends.

14 Likes

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by urchman23: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2017
Thx. Always first to comment this was explosive as usual.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by adontcare(f): 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2017
This is serious o. Mr ufomba becareful , this Gabriel ur brother is sly. Debbie be wise, keep d baby and u will never regret u did. Nice one marianneada. But d update no belleful me. Thanx
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
urchman23:
Thx. Always first to comment this was explosive as usual.
yes oo, thanks dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2017
adontcare:
This is serious o. Mr ufomba becareful , this Gabriel ur brother is sly. Debbie be wise, keep d baby and u will never regret u did. Nice one marianneada. But d update no belleful me. Thanx
u're Welcome dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Queensiju: 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2017
Thanks so much for the update.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 7:30am On Aug 29, 2017
Queensiju:
Thanks so much for the update.
u're Welcome dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by princemozyk(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2017
i love the flow...am glued on the screen till the next update....
wink
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Jasonteague(m): 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2017
Good story
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by PrexyD(f): 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2017
nawa for all this hid and seek game we dem de play for this film abi na story
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by GODSMILEFOREVER: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2017
This is a true definition of the word speechless. Keep up the good work ma'ma.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 8:21pm On Aug 29, 2017
***** "How did you get my number?, you shouldn't be talking to me" Debbie's mum yelled at her caller

"I'm calling for our children's sake, don't allow what happened between us to affect their future, we are talking about the future of our grandchild"

"You're sick, you think my daughter will marry your son, she'll never marry him, and please stay away from my family" she warned him

"I know how much you hate me, but you shouldn't destroy your daughter's future"

"Thank you Mmaduka for your advise," she smirked at him

"You have not changed a bit, you're still so stubborn, we need to sit down and talk like adults, we are no more kids"

"You think i will ever sit close to you, your son is just as useless as you are, he might also end up breaking my daughter's heart, i don't want to have anything to do with you again" she barked at him

"Noel my son might be a player, but now that a child is involved, he will be a responsible man, and mind you, neither my son nor i is useless, that we didn't end up getting married doesn't make me useless"

"Don't ever call my number again, you and your son can go to hell!!!" she fired at him

She cut the phone on him and stood still fighting with the tears that has gathered in her eyes, after much struggle, she's let it flow freely down her cheeks, she remembered the good times she spent with Mmaduka, all the promises he made to her, she remembered the last night they spent together before he jilted her and travelled out of the Country, she remembered how she found out she was pregnant for him, and how her parents threw her out of the house, she suffered to carter for herself and unborn baby, she lost her pregnancy in an accident, she returned to her parents who accepted her back, and she vowed never to love any man, this contributed to her everyday fight with her late husband, he loved her so much but she never reciprocated his love, after many years of separation from her first love, she met him and he's the father of the man that impregnated his daughter.

She closed her eyes and wept bitterly remembering how much she loved Mmaduka, she ran to the bathroom and watched her face. She was determined to find Debbie and end everything that will remind her of him.

Thelma spent the whole day with George in his house, it was getting late and he decided to drop her at her hostel, he went up to pick his car key leaving his phone behind, it vibrated and she glanced at it and was shocked to see the caller id, she wondered why Debbie was calling George, she picked the call out of curiosity

"George please don't forget to buy the drugs the doctor prescribed while coming" Debbie said ending the call abruptly without allowing him to reply

She was angry with her boyfriend for assisting her to hide, she stared at the phone absent mindedly and didnt know when George returned to the sitting room

"Thelma, are you alright?" he asked her

She jerked out of her thoughts and handed the phone to him, he noticed she was giving him attitudes.

"Why the sudden attitude?, you were happy before i went to my room to get my car keys"

"So you knew where Debbie is and you've kept me in the dark," she threw at him

He was shocked,he wasn't expecting the question, he stood still, thinking of what to do, and he hates lying, he decided to open up to her especially now that Debbie is experiencing some challenges with her pregnancy.

"I'm sorry but she begged me to keep it a secret, she called me the night your mother told her about the abortion, she begged me to help her out, i called my friend, Elvis and he promised to accommodate her since he stays alone and is rarely at home, he has been taking care of her since she returned to Lagos, he picks and drops her at school, she wanted to tell you about her whereabout but she is scared that you might tell your mother, she wants to Keep the baby " George revealed to her

" I can't believe this, please take me to her, mummy will never know about this, i support her decision to keep the baby"

"I planned visiting her after dropping you,but we can go together if you don't mind, Elvis is already waiting for me"

"I'll go with you"

She grabbed her handbag happily and followed him behind.

Elvis was shocked to see Thelma with George when he drove in, they entered the sitting room to see Debbie busy watching the television, Thelma ran to her and hugged her,

"I'm sorry for making you worry so much about me, i was scared" Debbie apologized to her
The two sisters could not get enough of each other , Elvis phone rang and he excused himself and went to a quiet corner to answer it,

He returned some minutes later muttering some words,

"What happened?" A concerned George asked him

"Whitney is just a stubborn spoilt brat, she said she's returning to Nigeria to further her education and also to find her mr right, what does she's think she's doing, no one is happy with her decision but she's adamant and insistent"

"That name sounds familiar" Debbie muttered to herself trying

"Take it easy on her, just talk some sense into her, she might change her mind" George advised him

"I'll call her later at night, i really need to talk to her"

"So has Noel called you?" Thelma asked Debbie changing the topic

"I don't want to talk about him" Debbie retorted

"And who's Noel?," Elvis asked

"So she didn't tell you," Thelma snapped at him

She took her time to tell him all she knew about Noel including his family background, he added one and two together and found out she was talking about his sister's fiance, he searched his sister's Facebook for Noel's pictures and found them

"Take a look at these pictures, Is this the Noel you're talking about?" he handed the phone to Thelma

"Yes, how did you know him? "

"The bastard is my sister's fiance, and i know she's returning because of him"

"You mean Whitney?" Debbie asked him remembering the name clearly

"Yes, princess Whitney, she got engaged to him some months again" Elvis replied

Thelma noticed how disturbed her sister was and changed the topic, it was late already and George announced their exit, Debbie stood up to walk them to the car, they all walked out chatting before Debbie let out a cry, she held her tummy crying, Thelma held her, but the pains increased and her groaning doubled, next thing she passed out, George and Elvis carried her to the car and drove her to the hospital. There were drops of blood on her clothes.

11 Likes

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by adontcare(f): 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2017
Oh! poor Debbie. The pregnancy should stay fa. Elvis is a nice guy. Mama Debbie and Noel's dad had history. Thank God her daughters were not sired by him. Thank u for d updtate.

1 Like

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by akinkudin: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2017
Great post marianneada you never disappoint!
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by GODSMILEFOREVER: 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2017
It is well with you Debbie dear.Just be strong you might have the last laugh.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by YINKS89(m): 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2017
Debbie lost d pregnancy.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Pinkfeet: 9:47pm On Aug 29, 2017
thumb up.

Debbie sorry heeen...... be strong everything will be alright, is just a matter of time.
mama debbie so u know noel father?
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Rukkydelta(f): 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2017
Please let Debbie just have a miscarriage
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2017
If the belle commot,ELVIS DOn get babe be that
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Queensiju: 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2017
Interesting as always.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Sleyanya1(m): 11:36pm On Aug 29, 2017
Awesome Update Dear.
Thanks & more Grace to you.

Sometimes I just wonder how you writers place the scenes, characters & sequence of events so well in a Fiction.

Kudos to you.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 5:22am On Aug 30, 2017
Sleyanya1:
Awesome Update Dear.
Thanks & more Grace to you.

Sometimes I just wonder how you writers place the scenes, characters & sequence of events so well in a Fiction.

Kudos to you.
thanks dear

1 Like

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 5:23am On Aug 30, 2017
Queensiju:
Interesting as always.
thanks 4 appreciating my work
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 5:23am On Aug 30, 2017
SMARTgurUxxxxxxx:
If the belle commot,ELVIS DOn get babe be that
LOL
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 5:24am On Aug 30, 2017
Pinkfeet:
thumb up.

Debbie sorry heeen......
be strong everything will be alright, is just a matter of time.

mama debbie so u know noel father?
thanks hun
akinkudin:
Great post marianneada you never disappoint!
thanks dear
adontcare:
Oh! poor Debbie. The pregnancy should stay fa. Elvis is a nice guy. Mama Debbie and Noel's dad had history. Thank God her daughters were not sired by him. Thank u for d updtate.
u're Welcome dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by princemozyk(m): 8:21am On Aug 30, 2017
enjoying every piece that pops in now and then..

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (64) (Reply)

Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.