Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? (1543 Views)

Never Ignore This 10 Commandment In Your Relationship In 2016!!! / Sings To Know If A Girl Is A Virgin,before Getting Married / Does Being A Virgin Before Marriage Affect Marital Stabilty?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by Freiburger(m): 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2010
Why do most girls thinks staying as a virgin before is the only thing that will take them to heaven when they all know they're all sinners.
Is it a kind of weapon against these Guys the are only looking for sex from these girls without any future plans?
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by THEAMAKA(f): 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
welcome back virgin threads!
go to the religion section, abeg
  cool
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by Freiburger(m): 4:21pm On Feb 01, 2010
Why not say out if this dosen't interests u? are u a thread derailer?
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by smooooooth: 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2010
it wont take them to heaven, but it can also lead them to hell.
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by beey2(m): 4:32pm On Feb 01, 2010
It's an attribute of a virtous woman! Wont you be glad to have a virgin as a wife?
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by Freiburger(m): 4:38pm On Feb 01, 2010
bee-y:

It's an attribute of a virtous woman! Wont you be glad to have a virgin as a wife?

Who cares? virgin or non virgin, u thinks virginS stays with their men forever?
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by Pimples(m): 4:40pm On Feb 01, 2010
Well, the greatest command in the Bible is 'you must love God with your heart and your whole mind and with your whole soul also you must love your neighbour as yourself'

The Bible also encourages remaining chaste till one is married.

So therefore all these sleep around dudes in Nairaland are outrightly breaking God's law.
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
Wow I thought this type of threads died back in 09 undecided
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by bawomolo(m): 4:45pm On Feb 01, 2010
what's the obsession with virgins among naija guys?
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by Freiburger(m): 4:46pm On Feb 01, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Wow I thought this type of threads died back in 09 undecided

Na u kill am grin
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by 190: 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2010
why is amaka always found in virgin threadzz

ive been tinkin abt it~ wink wink wink

AMAKA~ angry angry angry
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by Freiburger(m): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2010
190:

AMAKA~ angry angry angry

Maybe she is feeling guilty haven lost hers a long time ago earlier than expected.
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by pady2: 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2010
no. the bible didn't speak of stayin a virgin b4 marriage as the greatest commandment.the greatest is love. actually the bible shows that every oda sin is outside the body, but havin sex out of wedlock is sinning against one's body.god does not force anyone to remain chaste until marriage,but wen you do you make god happy and shows you truely love him(god) and take delight in doin wot he commands.
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by mamagee3(f): 12:56am On Feb 02, 2010
Staying as a Virgin before marriage is a commandment of God but definitely not the greatest.
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:56am On Feb 02, 2010
Freiburger:

Maybe she is feeling guilty haven lost hers a long time ago earlier than expected.
feeling guilty about what? everyone on NL knows I'm a "v" so you must have come out of the boondocks or something.
even if i did lose it, why should i feel guilty? just like you said in your post. WE ARE ALL SINNERS. so i don't see how remaining one until marriage will take me to heaven and/or make me less of a sinner than others.
nonsense.

@190
can i help you?  undecided
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by 190: 12:59am On Feb 02, 2010
sorry amaka
did i say anything in regards to u~ sad sad
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by lizzybabe1(f): 1:01am On Feb 02, 2010
THE AMAKA:

feeling guilty about what? everyone on NL knows I'm a "v" so you must have come out of the boondocks or something.
even if i did lose it, why should i feel guilty? just like you said in your post. WE ARE ALL SINNERS. so i don't see how remaining one until marriage will take me to heaven and/or make me less of a sinner than others.
nonsense.

@190
can i help you?  undecided

Hello Amaka, Can I just ask this question: How old are you? Just curious. Hope you are not too shy to tell.
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by THEAMAKA(f): 1:13am On Feb 02, 2010
190:

AMAKA~ angry angry angry
190:

sorry amaka
did i say anything in regards to u~ sad sad
yes you did.
unless it was another AMAKA, then it doesn't concern me.
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 02, 2010
I swear Nigerians know the bible more than pastors yet still manage to commit sin over and over again and some even justify it or ask for forgiveness right after sinning. Hypocrisy and all. lipsrsealed
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by H2O2: 1:21am On Feb 02, 2010
I don't know how great of a commandment it is.

It is, however, one of the more widely known entries in the bible being intentionally violated by most.

I don't know if there's a greater sin than intentionally sinning. It's unfathomably hypocritical to sin that remorselessly and then call out others on their sins.

Some things I can never understand.
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by Girl846(f): 2:31am On Feb 02, 2010
well yes, we are all sinners. But is it a crime to want to keep one less sin off our records??
Fornication is a very addictive sin because it is so enjoyable and in society today it is seen as "okay" and even "good". Some girls would like to avoid premarital s-e-x along with all he other possible wahala that it could bring (being used, heartbreak, std's, pregnancy, disrespect, bad reputation etc),  makes sense!
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by na2day2(m): 8:25am On Feb 02, 2010
Girl846:

well yes, we are all sinners. But is it a crime to want to keep one less sin off our records??
Fornication is a very addictive sin because it is so enjoyable and in society today it is seen as "okay" and even "good". Some girls would like to avoid premarital s-e-x along with all he other possible wahala that it could bring (being used, heartbreak, std's, pregnancy, disrespect, bad reputation etc),  makes sense!

[size=25pt]always making sense, thumbs up to u girl[/size]
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by Freiburger(m): 10:36am On Feb 02, 2010
THE AMAKA:

nonsense.

@190
can i help you? undecided

How u easily get annoyed and abuse ppl show how well mennered your are.
Re: Staying As A Virgin Before Marriage. Greatest Commandment In The Bible? by THEAMAKA(f): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2010
how did i abuse you? OH MY F&^%* GOSH! shocked

(1) (Reply)

The Problems With Guys: / Do Nigerian Girls Really Have Fish Brains? / What Should You Do If Your Wife Caught You Lying About Talking To Another Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.