Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? (37353 Views)

Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance / Woman Runs Into Church To Escape Mob Action After Hitting Okada Rider. Photos / Masquerade Flogged Me: My Experience In Enugu Travelling Out Of East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by fbtowner(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2017
dacoza007:

pls tell me one meaningful thing you're doing fetching you enough in this current economy.....
I'm sure u ar still single living off your parents

Lol thats a very good thought. I can boldly see why u cant make it in Nigeria because you instincts is not sharp at all. Very dull. Because u already think u talking with a kid. Lol.

Enjoy your day bro. Im not an internet warrior

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by abbeyty(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2017
If everyone run away from NIgeria, who are going to build better Nigeria for our children children ? Whatever we enjoy in those countries we are running to were built by both their past and present generations. How long are we going to be running away from our problems?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 09, 2017
It's a global thing. If you follow global news you will understand and learn more. Except you have the skills these countries are looking for, you might not be better than you are here. Secondly, if you haven't made any impact in Nigeria, check again. A lizard in Nigeria cannot become a crocodile abroad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by princeuj2015(m): 11:47am On Jul 09, 2017
As a serving corp member with an average ba of slightly half M and more to come by before December POP, i found this topic interesting considering how difficult It is for one to survive out there after nysc gosh. And to think that my best friend who graduated 2years ago without a job finally migrated to this so Country (Dubai ) to seek for a greenar pasture few weeks back makes the whole Scenario interesting.I have really learnt alot from people's comments and remarks here though. Thanks everyone Who's aired their view.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 09, 2017
boyo123:
are you saying nairalanders are average people?
Yes, so u don't know
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by hardbody: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2017
mr1759:

na Bini dey kill u?

you have home problem u brought it here for panel of judges

wetin concern Bini are they the only one traveling even your beloved President does he stay here
come nor let me vex for you

I have traveled to that Dubai I would have been in a better place to advise u but you don error for your word

Bros you don gboro for am.

Me sef go soon change am for am now, abi na bini dey do am?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by hardbody: 11:59am On Jul 09, 2017
princeuj2015:
As a serving corp member with an average ba of slightly half M and more to come by before December POP, i found this topic interesting considering how difficult It is for one to survive out there after nysc gosh. And to think that my best friend who graduated 2years ago without a job finally migrated to this so Country (Dubai ) to seek for a greenar pasture few weeks back makes the whole Scenario interesting.I have really learnt alot from people's comments and remarks here though. Thanks everyone Who's aired their view.

Easier and better when you are fresh from school. The longer you stay in the country, the more unwise it is to travel out. If you will ever wanna do it, do it while you are still fresh and not stuck with ideas. Now you don't have regrets if some ediot insults you out there, but if you have had instances where you took initiatives at work and even led a team, you will look at every snide comment as an insult based on your antecedents and it's only humility that can help you a bit.

4 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 09, 2017
Willie2015:

Can relate with your post, dont stop praying and doing critical evaluation.

We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps. Prov 16, 9

You should try and focus on providing services rather than product based business...

Try and look at business you can do right in your house, trading Nigerian stocks is a perfect example....

Nigerian stock? Pls how?
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
boyo123:
yes i voted for buhari but we all. know why this country is like this, you cant blame the man alone, all our politicians are to be blamed

Most especially Badluck Jonathief. Wey talk say stealing is not corruption.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
mr1759:

na Bini dey kill u?

you have home problem u brought it here for panel of judges

wetin concern Bini are they the only one traveling even your beloved President does he stay here
come nor let me vex for you

I have traveled to that Dubai I would have been in a better place to advise u but you don error for your word
Abeg tell us how E be for working people there.U know anybody can be evrybody online lol
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Willie2015: 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
pesinfada:
Nigerian stock? Pls how?

Go to the Investment Section of Nairaland, search for the topic " Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts " Read from Page 1 to 2434... Start from there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Yusluv13(m): 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
first time in Nairaland I come across comment where people comment maturely from the beginning to the last comment. kudos to you guys I swear I love the way you suddenly changed. Hopefully no bad egg again.

2 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
oluwaseunamos33:

Most especially Badluck Jonathief. Wey talk say stealing is not corruption.
And you are here thinking he was wrong abi? 2017 U still dont know stealing is not corruption in all its meaning abi you get a better definition??

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by erico2k2(m): 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2017
princeuj2015:
Bross do the needful, I did same after youth-service and I managed to save my kids the wahala of Nigeria and Africa in whole.DO not look back nor let dem deceive you if U get the opportunity Cut sharp sharp

10 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2017
banmee:

The opportunities are mostly limited to the corrupt and bloodthirsty individuals. As long as you are one of both, you have a very high chance of making it in Nigeria.

Yes, you are not far from the truth. But I've seen people who rose from zero level to their zenith without help from the 'big wigs'.

They made it just by being focused and determined.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Originalsly: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

brove the ammount of money you can post working in teh UK for two years illegally might take you 30 years working unskilled i n NIgeria and this is fact, simple reason, £1= 462 today.U are more than welcomed to engage me more on this no problem
Let's engage. Let me agree with your fact... 2 years illegal work in the UK = 30 yrs unskilled work in Nigeria. With all that money the illegal is making... who on average has a better standard of living?...who has a more stable life? How many people return home to find people earning wayyyy less than they are living wayyyy better than they do abroad? ... how consistent are illegals employed abroad?.....and with all the money they make that you keep converting... don't you think you should convert their expenses as well?...and let's see if his expenses in 2 years is what an unskilled in Nigeria would take maybe 50 years to accumulate? ...and lastly... if it's so mu h better ...why are soooo many of them homeless?

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by princeuj2015(m): 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Bross do the needful, I did same after youth-service and I managed to save my kids the wahala of Nigeria and Africa in whole.DO not look back nor let dem deceive you if U get the opportunity Cut sharp sharp
thanks bro, am inspired by ur words.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by princeuj2015(m): 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
hardbody:

Easier and better when you are fresh from school. The longer you stay in the country, the more unwise it is to travel out. If you will ever wanna do it, do it while you are still fresh and not stuck with ideas. Now you don't have regrets if some ediot insults you out there, but if you have had instances where you took initiatives at work and even led a team, you will look at every snide comment as an insult based on your antecedents and it's only humility that can help you a bit.
thanks boss.
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by drakeli: 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
boyo123:
Recently i have been under lots of pressure from friends and family asking me to try and get a visa to leave the country, but i have declined

i understand that things are not well organised in this country but travelling out to me is like putting yourself in an uncertain situation , you don't even know what to expect when you get there

The most annoying for me is the fear of being denied a visa again after trying some years back

I will prefer to rather put my money into a small business here in Nigeria no matter how small and try to grow from there

At least i know some people that have travelled out of the country for years and when ever they come back home they still cant afford a house of their own, they stay with relatives that has never even been to Ghana before

What is your opinion on these nairalanders

If you are talking in terms of traveling to any of these Asian countries, Dubai inclusive, I support your opinion. But if you think traveling to US, Canada is not worth it, then you have to think again. The only problem you have is fear. Fear is an enemy of progress. You have already put yourself in an uncertain situation thinking Nigeria will get better. I pray it will. But it has been getting worse since before we were born. Why would you allow the failure or unfavorable situations of others be a factor in deciding whether you will make it or not. Why not use the success stories of others as a motivational factor in your decision to travel? I traveled out of Nigeria. Not just because of me alone, but because of my children unborn yet. And I'm glad today that I did.

5 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Ruggedpen: 12:38pm On Jul 09, 2017
vanbonattel:

Before I answer you, who did you vote as president in 2015 presidential election?

If you voted Buhari, you should not run away, stay here and suffer for your wrong choice.
some of them that is supporting buhari will buy visa travel out of this country for a better country and will still beg for money use the money buy data and will still supporting him(buhari) that is why we called them zumbie grin

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by favouryemmy: 12:39pm On Jul 09, 2017
vanbonattel:

Before I answer you, who did you vote as president in 2015 presidential election?

If you voted Buhari, you should not run away, stay here and suffer for your wrong choice.

Irrespective of who one voted in the last election, we should know that last election is not the very last that will take place in Nigeria. But one things for sure, if Bubu is contesting again, we vote APC out! Period!
Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Brillantman: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2017
One of the brilliant reasoning I've come across, I'm here doing my things and still send money to those who are there even if na $100.
BiafraIShere:
There is no perfect answer for you without having some facts about you, it really depends on some factors. Are you married? Are you below 30years? Are you gainfully employed? Which countries do you have in mind etc. Though Nigeria is in tatters & a complete nightmare but you've to be very careful because any decision take now would make or mar your future. When I left the university & there were no job around I did everything I could to travel to the USA but my uncle there wasn't really interested in helping me out even when my family were willing to foot the expenses, but today even if you give a US visa for free, I WONT TAKE IT! Even in the midst of war and ruins, some people still make exploits.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by vanbonattel: 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
favouryemmy:

Irrespective of who one voted in the last election, we should know that last election is not the very last that will take place in Nigeria. But one things for sure, if Bubu is contesting again, we vote APC out! Period!

I doubt that. The type of sycophancy I see in Nigeria is mind boggling. If Bubu contestes from London hospital in 2019, they will still vote him into power.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by Reference(m): 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
cooltola:
Nigeria is not for everyone. I wish it was but it is not. Not every businesses or shops will be successfully in Nigeria most jobs pay #50000 a month or less. If you find a good paying jobs that pay #60000 or higher you better be thanking your stars People still cannot survive with N50000 a month Some of us are luckily living with parents at 30+ or have wealthy parents , yahoo is a way of making success which is not suppose to be the case. For those who are connected and are doing well stay and enjoy Nigeria. Poverty is a bastard. If you are hustling legit and you are getting up in the ladder small small then stay here.

Poverty is mental not territorial. For everyone earning 50,000 there is someone earning ten times that or more in Nigeria. The fact remains that most people choose not to distinguish themselves. And when the mean becomes the standard those who pay for goods and services refuse to increase the rewards or compensation I.e. wages, contracts, salaries and settlements. It baffles me that in a country that makes virtually nothing people still find it hard to make it. The opportunities abound. This is a grossly overvalued society. Everything is more expensive than it actually should be so I don't know what people complain about the low wages and returns. One of the pillars supprting my business is the continual quest to right price when it comes to requisitions, quotes and bills by one of two things, either raise quality or trim cost so we work extra hard 365 days a year, 13 hours a day.

It is surprising that in a country lacking so much the.folks here instead of taking opportunity are taking continual informal holidays instead. Most folks who travel out for the first time telll me of one noticeable difference, the work ethic and the continual quest for excellence. I don't need to be in the midst of foreigners to do that. I do it here in Nigeria. If you do you will prosper automatically. Find what you can do and sink your life into it,you will make it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by holakunle69(m): 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2017
princeuj2015:

Interesting in was also once in ur shoes .but you wanna know the simple truth? Your making it in life doesn't lie in any country or location.alot have gone out dere and still didn't make it ,and alot have stayed behind and still haven't either ways ..put ur plans in the hand if God he's the one that designed you and definitely he's got a plan .why not ask him and save ur self of this stress ...remember one wrong step can ruin an entire destiny..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by sojax2cool(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2017
vanbonattel:

Without a history of how we got here, how can we go forward?
thats a quote from bob marley. If u know ur history.. U will know where you are coming from and where u heading to.

1 Like

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by MissRaine69(f): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2017
Everyone has expecations when they leave Nigeria. Some have expectations are realistic some are not. Regardless of expectations and plans let's say you go abroad and better yourself , you will still return to a country that has a very ingrained policy of who you know not what you know.
So you can return educated to the hilt and be ready to be productive but if you are not well connected it amounts to nothing and that is what frustrates many to the point of not returning.

Secondly some Nigerians struggle abroad because they cannot adapt. Because they were a big chiefs here they carry that attitude abroad. They remain static in their views and mindset criticise and disapprove of everything in the respective adopted countries why did you come then? You have to have a certain type of acumen and attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Is Travelling Out Of Nigeria Only Way To Escape The Harsh Economic Situation? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
wow a lot of experienced exposed brilliant folks here, am impressed.

mr op should follow his heart, and his heart follow what he have decided to follow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Amazing Pics: The Best 1st Class Airline Seats In The World Revealed / My Experience With "God Bless Ezenwata Motors" / South-West Bridges, Roads And Flyovers In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.