Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,853 members, 7,851,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:05 AM

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional... 9/7/2017 Is Your Intention Godly? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional... 9/7/2017 Is Your Intention Godly? (333 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 13/7/2017 Don’t Lament / My Dream Of The Rapture(8/7/2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional... 9/7/2017 Is Your Intention Godly? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 09, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Sunday, July 9, 2017

*Topic:* IS YOUR INTENTION GODLY?
*Read:* 2 Samuel 24:1-7

*EXPOSITION*
David intended to glorify himself in the size, power and defence of his army. He put his faith in the size of his army rather than in God's ability to protect His people, regardless of their number. David ignored the advice of Joab who knew a census of the army was wrong at that peaceful moment. David's sin was pride. Census isn't ungodly in itself, but David's proud intention made it abominable to God, in his own case. We sin in similar ways, when we place our security in money, possessions etc., rather than God. David's sin brought pain to him and the Israelites.

Your ungodly intentions will hurt you and people around you. God would not allow you to do as you wish against His voice, command and decrees. If He will not spare the man after His heart (David), He will not spare you too. He is no respecter of persons. A rebellious Israelite shall fare no better than a rebellious Egyptian.

Everything God does is true to His character. He knows all, including the secrets of your heart and he acts justly. He punished King David and the Israelites, but when they did what is right (repentance), God halted the disaster. He will do same, if you follow David's steps/actions: And David's heart condemned him after he had numbered the people. So David said to the Lord, _"I have sinned greatly in what I have done; but now, I pray, O Lord, take away the iniquity of Your servant, for I have done very foolishly"_ *(2 Samuel 24:10)*.

Brethren, today (now) is the best time to retrace your steps back to God. He is a merciful and loving Father. Only we must come back to Him.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Father, please purge me of every ungodly intentions.
*2.* Lord, help me to cooperate with You, for Your purpose to be fulfilled in my life.
*3.* Pray for ministers of God everywhere, that God should work upon their hearts, so that they would focus on those things that glorify, You.
Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

If I Were A God And Leader Of The World / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 11/7/2017 Living A Worry-free Life / Mighty Miracles Without Repentance!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.