Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong (49302 Views)

Governor Lalong's Christmas Rice To Garah Unit In Plateau Angers APC Supporter / Ruga: How Buhari Left Governor Lalong In Public Disgrace – Hon. Kaze / Plateau Killing: Governor Lalong Laughs As Osinbajo Visits Him. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by cumbak60: 10:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
laudate:

Who is coveting your property? shocked Do you think your people are the only ones that own property? When you lot were busy calling Nigeria a 'zoo', and insulting other ethnic groups, you forgot you had property inside this country, ba? If you do not uproot your land, houses and properties and take them along with you to your Biafra, then you are the greatest charlatans on this side of the universe! True!! Shey, na only racism you dey see, no worry...na fascism go follow am... nansense!
You can dream on man....
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Ayiibobo(m): 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
baddooboys:

Are you OK....

This ones are rural areas...

Do you notice my arrows on the cocoa house and the statue in front of the cocoa mall.

Are those ones rural areas
fish brain,..if u have truly been to Ibadan u would know that those areas are settled by the 1st settlers even before oyinbo people come,plus where cocoa Aos is,...even advanced countries have areas that still have buildings of the early settlers,.. Show us the ones in Biafra,....cos we all quite well know that na village boku for ur God forsaken land
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by baddooboys: 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ayiibobo:
fish brain,..if u have truly been to Ibadan u would know that those areas are settled by the 1st settlers even before oyinbo people come,plus where cocoa Aos is,...even advanced countries have areas that still have buildings of the early settlers,.. Show us the ones in Biafra,....cos we all quite well know that na village boku for ur God forsaken land

We don't live in brown roof dilapidated houses like your people
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Ayiibobo(m): 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2017
baddooboys:

We don't live in brown roof dilapidated houses like your people
show us,. Abi camera done lost for ur fone?
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Ugosample(m): 5:32am On Jul 13, 2017
cumbak60:

"There is nothing more dangerous to the Igbo interest than another Igbo who has been empowered by Nigeria...."

-Pazienza

Na wa.
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 13, 2017
Nosikebit:
Read the story of the jews .. they were held captive for a long time in egypt but regained freedom after many year and became greater than egypt, back then in germany the jews were the economic power in germany and that was the reason adolf hitler killed them in millions and dispossessed them of their properties but look at the jews today, still strong as ever .... Igbos started life all over again with just 20 pounds after a devastating war that tore the region and its inhabitants apart yet look at the igbos today, still doing good and waxing stronger despite our limited political influence.

Exactly read my post below...

The problem with shameless people that write piece like this is they think Biafraans are like ordinary black people. The world said the same thing about Israel in 1948,...this and that, you will be marginalized, you will be isolated, you will be surrounded by Arab nations and will be massacred again like Hitler, bla bla, nonsense, today Israel is the most powerful country in the world; control all the banking systems in the world, control pharmaceuticals, control Hollywood, control research and medicine, control media and cyberworld, control sports, control lobbying groups, control world intelligence services, control jewelry (named after jews), they own Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, Ebay, Paypal, Google, Youtube, Yahoo, Myspace, Wikipdia, and run World Bank, IMF, Federal Reserve, the list is endless. These are the people that the world were saying they will be marginalized and Isolated, are today controlling the world...LOL. What an Irony!

My point is all men are not created equal. When you want to draw comparisons of Biafraans, use Israel, as these people and Biafraans are go-getter and dominating people by nature...it's in their blood. Stop comparing Biafra with South Sudan, Northern Cyprus, e.t.c. If you want to compare a people or nation with South Sudan, you can use Oduo Republic or Arewa as an example, then you you are making sense.

So start getting use to this as Biafraans will not only successfully get their independence, but will also control your life. Everything you need to survive will come from them as it's in Nigeria today...the Igbos control every means of your livelihood directly or indirectly.
https://www.nairaland.com/3916128/open-letter-nnamdi-kanu#58369558
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Iamzik: 9:30am On Jul 13, 2017
Lightening:

We are not discussing juju or whether the massive lands we are acquiring everwhere are for keeps or not.
You accused the ibos of refusing to sell their lands to plateau indigenes.
Please what can bring a typical plateau man to the east to live and how many of them can afford a plot of land in the east. Answer my question or shut up

There are plateau indigenes in every State and to think that they don't have money to buy land in the east is a big joke. The igbos in the east particularly have these trade associations that are hostile to non indigenes. The case of destroyed Dangote proposed cement plant comes to mind. You see everything as competition even when the playing field is broad enough for all.

I hope you learn from the following analogy.
You leave Nigeria for USA in search of greener pastures. Then on achieving a better life, you start insulting the citizens there and telling them how Nigeria is better than USA and how they don't have enough money to buy a land in Nigeria.

If you can make anything out of the above then you will understand that welcoming the teeming number of ndigbos in other states and regions is not foolishness but wisdom shown by the hosts. Ask yourself which is easier and cheaper : Hausa man buying land in the east or igbo buying land in the north?an honest answer will tell you why your people are everywhere in the north and fewer northerners in the east. So who is diplomatically stronger?

Before you go live somewhere you do a swot analysis. The east doesn't pay non easterners when it comes to doing business and that's why major companies will always opt for north or west except those whose owners are from the East.

Even Nigeria today is talking about ease of doing business. Hiking the price of undeveloped land in the east coupled with all manner of customary rules will only slow down development and scare even some indigenes.

The east need to demonstrate thesame liberal gestures it has enjoyed from people of other regions and stop claiming to be the alpha and omega of development in other regions. Make non indigenes feel welcomed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by 400billionman: 9:13am On Jul 17, 2017
Daplux4:

East is more developed than North, the only difference is Abuja

No

Kaduna is more developed than most states in the East. But Igbos still own alot houses there. Kano wont be worse off. North as a whole should be 5 times the size of the East. So poor comparison.

Again, the federal government presence is better felt in the North than in the East. Example, i do not know of any bad road in Kaduna. There is also 24 hours power supply.

Enugu looks like Kaduna in many areas.
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Daplux4: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2017
400billionman:

No

Kaduna is more developed than most states in the East. But Igbos still own alot houses there. Kano wont be worse off. North as a whole should be 5 times the size of the East. So poor comparison.

Again, the federal government presence is better felt in the North than in the East. Example, i do not know of any bad road in Kaduna. There is also 24 hours power supply.

Enugu looks like Kaduna in many areas.

My analysis on development in the East is based on individual development because I know that most states like Kano and Kaduna gets support from fedreal government.
Because most roads in the North are federal road
And again if u compare the size of allocation That comes to both state u will come to conclusion that East is more developed than North
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Daplux4: 10:22am On Jul 17, 2017
Iamzik:

There are plateau indigenes in every State and to think that they don't have money to buy land in the east is a big joke. The igbos in the east particularly have these trade associations that are hostile to non indigenes. The case of destroyed Dangote proposed cement plant comes to mind. You see everything as competition even when the playing field is broad enough for all.

I hope you learn from the following analogy.
You leave Nigeria for USA in search of greener pastures. Then on achieving a better life, you start insulting the citizens there and telling them how Nigeria is better than USA and how they don't have enough money to buy a land in Nigeria.

If you can make anything out of the above then you will understand that welcoming the teeming number of ndigbos in other states and regions is not foolishness but wisdom shown by the hosts. Ask yourself which is easier and cheaper : Hausa man buying land in the east or igbo buying land in the north?an honest answer will tell you why your people are everywhere in the north and fewer northerners in the east. So who is diplomatically stronger?

Before you go live somewhere you do a swot analysis. The east doesn't pay non easterners when it comes to doing business and that's why major companies will always opt for north or west except those whose owners are from the East.

Even Nigeria today is talking about ease of doing business. Hiking the price of undeveloped land in the east coupled with all manner of customary rules will only slow down development and scare even some indigenes.

The east need to demonstrate thesame liberal gestures it has enjoyed from people of other regions and stop claiming to be the alpha and omega of development in other regions. Make non indigenes feel welcomed

you got it all wrong East has lesser land than North
as an Igbo man I bought a plot of land at 3.5 million not at the Capitol City so because it is too expensive that is why a Northerner will find it difficult to buy land in the East not the way u analyse it
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by koladebrainiac(m): 10:24am On Jul 17, 2017
see my post oooo lol

ethnic bigots full here sha
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Iamzik: 10:25am On Jul 17, 2017
Daplux4:

you got it all wrong East has lesser land than North
as an Igbo man I bought a plot of land at 3.5 million not at the Capitol City so because it is too expensive that is why a Northerner will find it difficult to buy land in the East not the way u analyse it

In your best estimation who has bought more land in other regions?

Igbos in the north

Or
Northerners in the east?
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Daplux4: 10:32am On Jul 17, 2017
Iamzik:

In your best estimation who has bought more land in other regions?

Igbos in the north

Or
Northerners in the east?

we the Igbos travel more than North and we aqire more because we like comfort unlike ur region who likes everything Free they don't value their comfort
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Iamzik: 12:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
Daplux4:

we the Igbos travel more than North and we aqire more because we like comfort unlike ur region who likes everything Free they don't value their comfort

Good.

The 3.5m land in your that is not in the city.. . Is it expensive because of its infrastructure/ proximity to the city or just because it is customary to hike property prices. I don't know why a bare undeveloped land far from city in the east should sell for almost same price with land in Lagos
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Daplux4: 12:26pm On Jul 17, 2017
Iamzik:

Good.

The 3.5m land in your that is not in the city.. . Is it expensive because of its infrastructure/ proximity to the city or just because it is customary to hike property prices. I don't know why a bare undeveloped land far from city in the east should sell for almost same price with land in Lagos

we has lesser land than other regions but populated and Enterprise
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Iamzik: 1:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
Daplux4:

we has lesser land than other regions but populated and Enterprise

Good.

Another reason is the fact that so much emphasis is placed on money in the east. A Yoruba or Hausa man may consider seniority in family decision no matter how poor the eldest may be but for igbo it is most often by who can throw money around. I'm saying this from experience of my igbo family friends. You need to de-emphasis this notion that money is everything. It leads to desperation and artificial inflation.

So you can see that your large population and lesser landmass is what accounts for large number of ndigbo living outside the east and not because they are desperate to go and develop other states as often claimed here. Igbos are arguably the most dispersed tribe found in every State and region.

And thesame reason why your native folks will want to reserve the little land for indigenes rather than sell it off to strangers. I can relate with that.

That said, don't you think it's suicide for kanu to now encourage all igbos to come back home? If they all heed the call you will immediately have a humanitarian crisis in your hands.

And for thesame reason, igbos need to respect and be grateful to all regions and states where they currently reside. I have not seen that respect even here on nairaland.

The host community cannot be at the mercy of the stranger. It is the other way round

If north /east or west/east give each other quit notice today, the east will feel the heat more because there are more igbos in the north than you have northerners in the east. Same goes for the west.

I will always advocate for true federalism, restructuring and resource control over session anyday anytime.
A sesceding Biafra will be a land-locked country within a country. Not funny if you know the implications bro

**Modified

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by laudate: 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2017
Iamzik:
Good.

Another reason is the fact that so much emphasis is placed on money in the east. A Yoruba or Hausa man may consider seniority in family decision no matter how poor the eldest may be but for igbo it is most often by who can throw money around. I'm saying this from experience of my igbo family friends. You need to de-emphasis this notion that money is everything. It leads to desperation and artificial inflation.

So you can see that your large population and lesser landmass is what accounts for large number of ndigbo living outside the east and not because they are desperate to go and develop other states as often claimed here. Igbos are arguably the most dispersed tribe found in every State and region.

And the same reason why your native folks will want to reserve the little land for indigenes rather than sell it off to strangers. I can relate with that.

That said, don't you think it's suicide for kanu to now encourage all igbos to come back home? If they all heed the call you will immediately have a humanitarian crisis in your hands.

And for the same reason, igbos need to respect and be grateful to all regions and states where they currently reside. I have not seen that respect even here on nairaland.

The host community cannot be at the mercy of the stranger. It is the other way round

If north /east or west/east give each other quit notice today, the east will feel the heat more because there are more igbos in the north than you have northerners in the east. Same goes for the west.

I will always advocate for true federalism, restructuring and resource control over session anyday anytime.
A seceding Biafra will be a land-locked country within a country. Not funny if you know the implications bro

**Modified

Epic!! What a fantastic submission! cheesy Very well said! Bros, I request permission to quote your post on other threads, sir? cool

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Iamzik: 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2017
laudate:

Epic!! What a fantastic submission! cheesy Very well said! Bros, I request permission to quote your post on other threads, sir? cool

Please do sir. With all pleasure

1 Like

Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 15, 2020
z
Re: Igbo Owns 70% Of Plateau’s New Certificates Of Occupancy - Governor Lalong by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nkechi Okorocha Bows Out As Imo State First Lady (Video) / Ganduje Removes Kwankwaso Red Cap From Supporter's Head, Dumps It Inside A Waste / #EndSARS: Sowore Confronts Military Officer At Abuja Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.