Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series (17841 Views)

Nnedi Okorafor Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Between Nnedi Okorafor & Upcoming Author She Told 'Talk Is Cheap' / Nnedi Okorafor To Write Black Panther For Marvel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Afam4eva(m): 9:43am On Jul 11, 2017
First it was Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, then Uzodinma Iweala and now Nnedi Okoroafor. Congrats to all of them.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by BabaCommander: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2017
jonbellion:
So? undecided
Don't be jealous, bross
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by speezyWears: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2017
EntMirror:
Hmmm..wow my favorite TV series till date.. Kudos girl..

Just waiting patiently for the next season...

Check my signature...

trash talk...
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2017
Well done Nnedi, congratulations...in case you can't find a correct Afonja Cassava for your area, I humbly submit mine for your consideration...I know you IPOB gals like your Afonja Cassava more than anything. cool
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by chuksvoice: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2017
KELVINXY:
Good one
Haven't read the novel buh hope it would be as epic as GOT thou
To expect an epic like GOT, would be a tough ask. Hope it becomes an epic of it own though.
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by GQman: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2017
The real question is how much did HBO pay for the rights to her work?

I sure say she don hammer!

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by IkpuMmadu: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2017
Those are intellectually sterile and can't be cohabited with

I wonder how we managed to stay with those people for over half a century

Thank God that IPOB is revisiting and reconsidering that union.

QueenOfNepal:
When are we going to see the exploits of northerners in the International stage? They act as lords in Nigeria but fizzle out when merit is used as a basis of judgement

3 Likes

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by misspineapple(f): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2017
omonlaa:
Good news. This woman is illuminati though. I can see that famous "one eye" on the front of her shirt. And this proves she is definitely illuminati because why would she need another eye when she already has four eyes? Make una reason am na.
Illuminati identifier..Well done sir
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by IkpuMmadu: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2017
So instead of finding something meaningful to do with your life..You come and show us some lousy lotto and bet

Who lives on betting ?
MrUgooo452:
A sure win today and boast your financial status today!!!

See details on the slip
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by BabaCommander: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2017
Afam4eva:
First it was Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, then Uzodinma Iweala and now Nnedi Okoroafor. Congrats to all of them.
Stop trying to be politically correct, say it as it is, biko. tongue

6 Likes

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by AreaFada2: 9:46am On Jul 11, 2017
Na wa o.

Despite all the haters local & international, prejudice, character assassination & generalisation, Nigerians just cannot stop doing great things.

If they are not clearing first class degrees abroad, they are writing hit novels.

Haters seriously at risk of suicide right now. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by BabaCommander: 9:49am On Jul 11, 2017
GQman:
The real question is how much did HBO pay for the rights to her work?

I sure say she don hammer!
Every thing is not about money, biko. This type of reasoning is why people engage in skull mining and drug peddling.
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Omoluabi16(m): 9:53am On Jul 11, 2017
When we were in high school, we erroneously thought only the dullards went to art class where there was no need for a calculator. We were dead wrong! Congrats to nnedi okorafor.

2 Likes

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by fabulousnize(m): 9:54am On Jul 11, 2017
bravo
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by iamphill: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2017
Great news
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by modextus(m): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2017
Well.. Wikipedia does not think she's a nigerian o... grin grin

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Rilwayne001: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2017
Who's got the book? I need to read it.

And I will really like HBO to take on "the sword of truth series" as well. Very interesting book.
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Proffdada: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2017
mikezuruki:

Sure.
I'm indeed proud. However, when it comes down to drugs, I bet that you won't be FTC; some bozo would have beaten you to it to spew trash about the IGBOS.
Truth is bitter
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by dreamangel: 10:06am On Jul 11, 2017
Congrats dear. You make us proud. Kudos too to Ngozi OKonji-Iweala's son, Dora Akunyili's daughter, of course the Doyen, Ms Adichie and the rest out there. May more people get published and recognised.

To those who are striving: Do not give up!

2 Likes

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by gfreymom302: 10:08am On Jul 11, 2017
Wie she dey since wey niggas no sabi her sef. Na wao..
I bin tink sey na only anti Chimama sabi o. Congrats to her shaa.

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Proffdada: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2017
Mayydayy:
Oh my God.give us biafra.let our people come home and we can only become the greatest.
The sun will always rise in the EAST.
Its a natural phenomenon.
Igbos want biafra but don't want to go home. undecided
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by MNDY(m): 10:11am On Jul 11, 2017
Whoa! She gave it to George to handle too? That's a very big one considering what the team (George R.R. Martin & HBO) have been doing with A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE and GAME OF THRONES, great works of art brilliantly put together. We are running out of patience waiting for the seventh season of the TV show series to air this Sunday.
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Arielle: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2017
See these Nigerian hypocrites. This is the same Nnedi Okoroafor Nigerians were calling demon, possessed, witch because of the subject matter of her stories. Maybe she should have written about Jesus or Pastor so and so. Now everyone is congratulating. Smh

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by almarthins(m): 10:27am On Jul 11, 2017
agadez007:
wink wink wink

Nnedi Okorafor

We set the paces
Meanwhile Somewhere in Afonjaland

Ur hatred towards ur own race is demonic. Just look at the oyinbos, if this girl was a Yoruba girl n wrote this book on Igbo soil. You people would have rejected her because she is nt bearing nneka okarafor or she is nt from a village in d east. Na like this una wan progress?

D girl no rep anybody, if I were u I go think forward not this sort of backward comments.
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by onyi4edu(f): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2017
Eljay24:

Are you a writer

mypains:
do you write?

Yes smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by almarthins(m): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2017
triplewisdom:
Igbos are good story tellers.

First congrat to her, but her success can be rival by any braliant mind. Most elders in our villages are good story tellers
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 11, 2017
undecided who cares. They will white wash the series an it will be as any weatern series.

The only postive about this store is she gettin paid undecided
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by kings11ng(m): 10:40am On Jul 11, 2017
akata witch going places
Re: HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series by Donshemzy1234: 10:44am On Jul 11, 2017
Dear NL, with pleasure I bring to you High quality home and office Furnitures. "Asiwaju Furnitures". We import high quality home and office Furniture, tiles marble, wallpapers, chandeliers, electrical products, interior decoration. Etc. Our products are excellent and comes with the best quality. If you are a lover of high quality products. We recommend our products for you. Connect us, +8613196486057. Note you can also msg us on WhatsApp with +8613196486057. Our twitter handle= @Asiwaju__. Pictures of some of our products

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wounded / The Pain Of Pleasure - A Must Read For Every Lady And Her Boyfriend. / Sugar Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.