Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children (3150 Views)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) / Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Krystalzkris(f): 6:59am On Jul 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
https://www.nairaland.com/3844519/meaninglessness-deep-personal-relationship-jesus
giving me a strange link to read won't in anyway change your point or mine.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Wilgrea7(m): 10:48am On Jul 13, 2017
Krystalzkris:
giving me a strange link to read won't in anyway change your point or mine.

its a link to a topic here on nairaland... and he's an atheist.. the topic further stresses your point.. not opposes it
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2017
paxonel:

Op, define religion from English dictionary?
The last time i checked,

RELIGION
the belief in a God or in a group of gods
,an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a God or a group of gods.
How does Christianity different from this definition or are you anti-education?
...believe in "a" God and not "the" God. As far as creation is concerned, we have just one God who is the Father of our Lord Jesus. Ephesians 3:14-15, sheds more light.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2017
Wilgrea7:

and this is the bible right? other families have their own holy books which they call the “word of God" .. in as much as you can put down their families as belonging to the devil based on your “word of god" they can also put down your family as belonging to the devil based on their “word of God".. so which “word of God" is lying?? and no.. you cannot prove yours by quoting from it because they can too

i have heard.. i don't have understanding.. my mind is corrupt.. my human mind cannot comprehend.. i have heard.. this is a public forum.. topics can be agreed to or criticized.. I've been asking simple questions . if you can't answer them, its best you say so instead of claiming i can't understand... thanks
I didn't mean to sound offensive or something. It's just that, Christianity is more than what the natural man can comprehend with his mind. The mind (five senses) is just to relate with earthly things, while the spirit which is you, is to connect and relate with spiritual things of God. That's where the main work is. It needs to be transformed and updated. That's where Jesus comes in. Nothing I say would be of value to you. 1Cor. 2:6-7 also sheds more light on this. Thanks.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 11:10am On Jul 13, 2017
Wilgrea7:

its a link to a topic here on nairaland... and he's an atheist.. the topic further stresses your point.. not opposes it
Now I see where your agitations are coming from. I pray you see the light into whatever you are looking for. Amen
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Krystalzkris(f): 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
Wilgrea7:

im too lazy to read.. sorry
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by wahles(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
Shawl001:

...believe in "a" God and not "the" God. As far as creation is concerned, we have just one God who is the Father of our Lord Jesus. Ephesians 3:14-15, sheds more light.
grin ma nicur
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
Wilgrea7:

no no... the consequence applies to everyone who doesn't accept Jesus... according to your family irrespective of how good you were... as the common Christian saying goes “your good works can't redeem you"... assuming the Christian hell is not a threat but a consequence of not accepting Christ.. and other families have their own consequences(hell) for not following their ways... then how do you decide which consequence is the real one.. and on what criteria or grounds do you determine that??
Hmmmm! Good work to a very large extend speaks but it's not a guarantee to heaven looking from the Christian perspective. Well it's a choice to either accept Jesus as the way or reject it.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
Shawl001:
Most of us have grown up with the concept that, Christianity is a kind of religion or one of the types of religion. It's wrong. That is just the face-value. It is far more and greater. God divinely orchestrated a means to gather "man" to Himself. A means to impart them with His kind of life. To give man a perfect and loving world in which everyone will be able to relate with Him like a big family. And for that cause did Jesus come to Earth, to open a pathway for us to God. Through Jesus, anyone can come to God's presence anytime and commune with Him. Thus, Christianity is the family; God is the Father, and we (both angels and saints alike) are the children. AMEN!
yes and nairaland is a family with seun as the father.

slowpoke
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2017
chalantmike:
yes and nairaland is a family with seun as the father.

slowpoke
Thanks for stopping by.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Humblebloke(m): 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
when will this people stop misleading the public undecided
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2017
Humblebloke:
when will this people stop misleading the public undecided
When people like you receive Jesus.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Humblebloke(m): 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
Shawl001:
When people like you receive Jesus.
what's that

why would I need to do that?
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
Humblebloke:

what's that

why would I need to do that?
You said what?
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by paxonel(m): 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
Shawl001:

Whether it is the God or a god the dictionary defined it as religion so long that believe factor is there .
The moment you believe in anything whether it is THE GOD or a god you are automatically into religion.
So,christianity is religion.
Note the the word religion is our common day use.
In bible days it was the word FAITH that was used.
For instance, we were justified by faith simply means we were justified by religion?
What religion?
The christian religion.
Remember,Jesus is the founder of the Christian religion. He founded the religion to justify men before God.
So,put that into consideration
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 11:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
paxonel:

Whether it is the God or a god the dictionary defined it as religion so long that believe factor is there .
The moment you believe in anything whether it is THE GOD or a god you are automatically into religion.
So,christianity is religion.
Note the the word religion is our common day use.
In bible days it was the word FAITH that was used.
For instance, we were justified by faith simply means we were justified by religion?
What religion?
The christian religion.
Remember,Jesus is the founder of the Christian religion. He founded the religion to justify men before God.
So,put that into consideration
Jesus didn't come to start up a religion. He came to show the way, to show the truth and to give life to as many as recieved Him. Nothing more nothing less. After He left earth, they started calling certain some of the apostles Christians cos they were acting like Christ. And so the name Christianity was coined. It's not religion. It's more than a way of life. It's life itself, the God kind of life.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by shadeyinka(m): 7:23am On Jul 16, 2017
paxonel:

Op, define religion from English dictionary?
The last time i checked,

RELIGION
the belief in a God or in a group of gods
,an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a God or a group of gods.
How does Christianity different from this definition or are you anti-education?

Religion is NOT just a believe in gods

Religion is activities man does to please/appease a dirty/god/God.

In Christianity, no one can please/appease God by themselves. It was God who stretched out the Olive branch to man.

In gratitude, Christians do aspects of religion.

In summary,
Christianity at its core is NOT a religion BUT it has some aspect of religion in it.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by paxonel(m): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2017
Shawl001:

Jesus didn't come to start up a religion. He came to show the way, to show the truth and to give life to as many as recieved Him. Nothing more nothing less. After He left earth, they started calling certain some of the apostles Christians cos they were acting like Christ. And so the name Christianity was coined. It's not religion. It's more than a way of life. It's life itself, the God kind of life.
Keep deceiving yourself not considering that there is change of times hence change of vocabulary among men over time.
You are in 2017 reading a book called bible that was documented more than 2000 years ago and you are searching for a word RELIGION used in this modern day in place of the words FAITH, KINGDOM, ETERNAL LIFE, COVENANTetc(which were one and the same thing), used in bible days.
You better update yourself or bible will remain confused to you forever.
Question:Who started Judaism the religion of the Jews?
Answer: Abraham
Genesis 17:2 And I will make my covenant(religion) between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
Hence Abraham was justified by his religion.
Romans 4:1-3.
Now, God has rejected the old covenant and lifted the new covenant (Christianity) to save mankind such that, just like the way Abraham was justified by his religion, we are also justified by our religion Christianity without works.
If you go down to that Romans 4.
Romans 4:24. But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25. Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
So when i hear people defining faith as the substance of things hoped for.....
I laugh.
That is incomplete definition.
Faith is simply Christianity.
If you travel abroad and you are asked what is your faith?
It means, what is your religion?
Question: who started Christianity?
Answer : Jesus Christ.
How?
Because he brought the faith that justified people into eternal life through his death and resurrection.
So Christianity did not start at Antioch
Christianity started immediately after his resurrection with 120 people at Pentecost. Act1:19.
The religion only got the name Christianity at Antioch.
Antioch did not save anybody.
It is Christ that saves
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2017
paxonel:

Keep deceiving yourself not considering that there is change of times hence change of vocabulary among men over time.
You are in 2017 reading a book called bible that was documented more than 2000 years ago and you are searching for a word RELIGION used in this modern day in place of the words FAITH, KINGDOM, ETERNAL LIFE, COVENANTetc(which were one and the same thing), used in bible days.
You better update yourself or bible will remain confused to you forever.
Question:Who started Judaism the religion of the Jews?
Answer: Abraham
Genesis 17:2 And I will make my covenant(religion) between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
Hence Abraham was justified by his religion.
Romans 4:1-3.
Now, God has rejected the old covenant and lifted the new covenant (Christianity) to save mankind such that, just like the way Abraham was justified by his religion, we are also justified by our religion Christianity without works.
If you go down to that Romans 4.
Romans 4:24. But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25. Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
So when i hear people defining faith as the substance of things hoped for.....
I laugh.
That is incomplete definition.
Faith is simply Christianity.
If you travel abroad and you are asked what is your faith?
It means, what is your religion?
Question: who started Christianity?
Answer : Jesus Christ.
How?
Because he brought the faith that justified people into eternal life through his death and resurrection.
So Christianity did not start at Antioch
Christianity started immediately after his resurrection with 120 people at Pentecost. Act1:19.
The religion only got the name Christianity at Antioch.
Antioch did not save anybody.
It is Christ that saves
You have so much contradicted yourself. Where do you belong? Anyways, I am come to buttress an established truth that, Christianity is God's kind of life in man. We are not trying to please God, we are pleased before Him through Christ Jesus. It has nothing to do with the concept of religion. It is God's way of life in man. That's all.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by paxonel(m): 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
shadeyinka:

Religion is NOT just a believe in gods

Religion is activities man does to please/appease a dirty/god/God.

In Christianity, no one can please/appease God by themselves. It was God who stretched out the Olive branch to man.

In gratitude, Christians do aspects of religion.

In summary,
Christianity at its core is NOT a religion BUT it has some aspect of religion in it.
Ok,
Other religions is BELIEF in a god which includes activities of men while Christianity is BELIEF in God having some aspect of religion in it?
So, what's the difference between the two since there are BELIEF factor in both and Christianity having a aspect of the other?
If you want to tell me you can practice Christianity by practicing the teachings of Jesus Christ of showing love to people without showing any sign of religious activities like going to church, praying in public etc, I 100% agree with you .
But even with that you are still into religion for simply the fact that you believe in God
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by paxonel(m): 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
Shawl001:

You have so much contradicted yourself. Where do you belong? Anyways, I am come to buttress an established truth that, Christianity is God's kind of life in man. We are not trying to please God, we are pleased before Him through Christ Jesus. It has nothing to do with the concept of religion. It is God's way of life in man. That's all.
It's now you are talking truth.
Christianity is simply life of God in man.
It is a religion that gives the life of God to men.
And,
Show me the contradiction there?
Just one.
The way you now say it is better.
A lot of people will misinterprete you that you mean good standard of living through Christ.
You see that they have been deceiving us in Africa a lot. It seems we are not intelligent enough to understand bible.
And this Christianity we are practicing is not African but was brought to us by white men.
They practice the same religion and their lives are better but we Africans are turning things upside down for ourselves.
What you believe here, you can't go to London to preach it. You will be sanctioned.
Ask oyedepo and adeboye who have tried it.
I do not dispute the fact that you have the life of God in you. But that life is spiritually embedded and cannot be physically detected by people observing your lifestyle. That's what makes you spiritually minded and not canally(physically) minded.
If not, you will hear about christians living their lives without making any mistake or sin which is practically impossible. 1John 1:8.
Whatever lifestyle you think you are living, you have a comfortable house, car, office and a lovely family. You are not the first.
Infact, there are billions of athiests, Muslims, Hindus, Jews who are enjoying the same
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by shadeyinka(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
paxonel:

Ok,
Other religions is BELIEF in a god which includes activities of men while Christianity is BELIEF in God having some aspect of religion in it?
So, what's the difference between the two since there are BELIEF factor in both and Christianity having a aspect of the other?
If you want to tell me you can practice Christianity by practicing the teachings of Jesus Christ of showing love to people without showing any sign of religious activities like going to church, praying in public etc, I 100% agree with you .
But even with that you are still into religion for simply the fact that you believe in God

The ultimate goal of every Christian is to finally be with God in eternity. Now, since I know you are familiar with the Bible, what aspect of Religion did the thief on the right hand of Christ perform to earn Paradise?

So you see, a christian is not accepted because of religion. He is accepted because he asked God for the gift of acceptance. That is when a person becomes born again.

Another example:
Even though as a young person, you perform house chores, you respect your parents and you obey all the rules of your parents, you are NOT accepted on the basis of this. You are first accepted as a son before other things.

That is the position of Christians
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2017
paxonel:

It's now you are talking truth.
Christianity is simply life of God in man.
It is a religion that gives the life of God to men.
And,
Show me the contradiction there?
Just one.
The way you now say it is better.
A lot of people will misinterprete you that you mean good standard of living through Christ.
You see that they have been deceiving us in Africa a lot. It seems we are not intelligent enough to understand bible.
And this Christianity we are practicing is not African but was brought to us by white men.
They practice the same religion and their lives are better but we Africans are turning things upside down for ourselves.
What you believe here, you can't go to London to preach it. You will be sanctioned.
Ask oyedepo and adeboye who have tried it.
I do not dispute the fact that you have the life of God in you. But that life is spiritually embedded and cannot be physically detected by people observing your lifestyle. That's what makes you spiritually minded and not canally(physically) minded.
If not, you will hear about christians living their lives without making any mistake or sin which is practically impossible. 1John 1:8.
Whatever lifestyle you think you are living, you have a comfortable house, car, office and a lovely family. You are not the first.
Infact, there are billions of athiests, Muslims, Hindus, Jews who are enjoying the same
You are mixing it up here. Because the white brought Christianity doesn't mean they are always right in its doctrines and teachings. In fact, check major teachers and preachers of the word both alive and late, they are extraordinarily rooted in it, some of them even father our top preachers in Nigeria. So, because certain churches abroad are not accepting certain truths or teachings doesn't mean they are right. The word of God is truth and life. It's not own by man but God. It's His word.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by paxonel(m): 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
Shawl001:

You are mixing it up here. Because the white brought Christianity doesn't mean they are always right in its doctrines and teachings. In fact, check major teachers and preachers of the word both alive and late, they are extraordinarily rooted in it, some of them even father our top preachers in Nigeria. So, because certain churches abroad are not accepting certain truths or teachings doesn't mean they are right. The word of God is truth and life. It's not own by man but God. It's His word.
I did not say that their preachers are always right,
Infact religion is a major problem to their society so they don't need Africans to come and add to the problem they already have.
Every doctrine that is of the right interpretation will have a positive impact to the society.
Nigeria is where we are today because the popular doctrines, especially among protestants, are not verifiable or correlate with scriptures by common sense.
For instance, someone is saying Christianity is not a religion but a way of life. And when you scrutinize that statement you discover it's deception geared at making people believe that one can live a superior lifestyle away from the natural order of living designed by nature.
So, a lot of christians don't work but they expect supernatural blessings from church activities of praying fire prayer and shouting amen to every prophecies of pastors.
It's a pity
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by paxonel(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
shadeyinka:

The ultimate goal of every Christian is to finally be with God in eternity. Now, since I know you are familiar with the Bible, what aspect of Religion did the thief on the right hand of Christ perform to earn Paradise?

So you see, a christian is not accepted because of religion. He is accepted because he asked God for the gift of acceptance. That is when a person becomes born again.

Another example:
Even though as a young person, you perform house chores, you respect your parents and you obey all the rules of your parents, you are NOT accepted on the basis of this. You are first accepted as a son before other things.

That is the position of Christians
I like you,
You are thinking.
First of all, any christian still thinking that his ultimate goal is to achieve eternity with Christ, then he has a misplaced priority.
He does not know why he is a Christian in the first place. So he is constantly cheated.
By pastors.
Come to church today
Come to church tomorrow.
He becomes a religious bigot.
Your ultimate goal as a Christian is to replenish this earth, that was the mandate God gave Adam from the beginning.
The issue of eternity has already been solved at the cross,JESUS says it is finished.
What aspect of religion did the thief performed?
The aspect of religion he performed was to believe that Jesus is the Christ which he expressed openly on the cross.
Remember, I say the moment you believe in something you are already into religion.
Infact, to God, the believe that God do not exist is already a religion like that.
You can't deceive God.
Everybody have what they believe in,
Some people are idol worshippers,
Idol is their religion.
That's why God was against the Israelites from going into idol worshiping, Because they had a covenant with him which was their religion known as Judaism today.
Some people are Muslims, Islam is their religion.
We are christians, Christianity is our religion.
So, when Jesus was saying I'm the way, he was simply saying that Christianity is the way and not any other religion.
Because Christianity was later associated with him and his resurrection.
Without resurrection no Christianity
No salvation.
All those parables he will say the kingdom of God is like unto...
He was referring to the Christian religion which was later established at the cross.
Question : what is God's kingdom?
Answer : God's kingdom is simply Christianity.
The last example you gave correlate with what I'm saying.
It's like while we were yet sinners Christ came to die, and we are justified not by works but by the Christian faith which is the religion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Invitation To Think,oh Christians.shun Bigotry And Abuse, Lets Face The Facts. / Danger Of Being An Atheist / Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.