Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties (3899 Views)

Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why / "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" / Father Forces 13-Year-Old Daughter To Marry 56-Year-Old Man With 3 Wives In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 19, 2019
Funky123:

I just want to know people's opinion abt this...i know some people we are of d same age{early twenties}and they re married but it seems my dad is not cool with this,so i just want to know if its bad to get married in my early twenties cos i don't want to loose my man who will be ready any moment from now
my dad too.by the age of 25 is when someone's peraonality is truly formed and the person understand the responaibility and consequences of their actions.
Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by Hybridz: 12:41pm On Jan 19, 2019
Getting married early is super-cool. I'm not yet married but I don't think i would want to marry a 24/25-yr old. That's too old for me considering my plan and prayer to God for guidance. My prayer is to see a matured lady within the 19-22 age range by the time I'm ready. The worst is 23yrs in sha Allah.

And to your question, as long as my daughter is matured for the marital tasks and upheavals, 23 is even to far to get her married.
My humble submission!

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by jakandeola(m): 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2019
funmisticqueen:
my dad too.
hmm
Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by bukatyne(f): 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
5thElement:

I can see that you don't understand what I wrote up there.

I wrote exactly the opposite of what you just typed.

I read behind the lines.

Making an honest woman of her means the man is doing something wrong to the woman.

They are not committing the sin together.
Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by bukatyne(f): 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
Funky123:
Have heard some parents saying if she is not 25 yrs and above marriage is a no for her,but some said they can release their daughter anytime she feels like getting married
My question is Will u release ur daughter to get married in her final yr in sch. Nb her husband to be is a working class and is ready for marriage
Or can u allow ur daughter to get married in her early twenties
Pls matured comments only

What is the update?
Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
jakandeola:
hmm
stop self serviciing on my mentions, it is getting quite irritating
Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hybridz:
Getting married early is super-cool. I'm not yet married but I don't think i would want to marry a 24/25-yr old. That's too old for me considering my plan and prayer to God for guidance. My prayer is to see a matured lady within the 19-22 age range by the time I'm ready. The worst is 23yrs in sha Allah.

And to your question, as long as my daughter is matured for the marital tasks and upheavals, 23 is even to far to get her married.
My humble submission!
followers of the pedophile prophet.why am i surprised.
Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by Hybridz: 11:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
funmisticqueen:
followers of the pedophile prophet.why am i surprised.
says an ignorant product of rape!
You've been duly noticed,now swerve and keep moving.
Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 05, 2019
Rukkydelta:
If she is up to 21 and I'm sure she is matured for marriage then it's a yes

A lady who’s not emotionally mature and financially stable shouldn’t think about marriage .

Tell me what a 21 year old young girl is looking for in marriage ? Get married to become an housewife ?

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 05, 2019
Fhemmmy:
Let's break this down and reason together
Let's assume the education system of Nigeria works well and unemployment is not as high as it is . . . . With this in mind, lets reason together:

A boy or a girl should already be in the high institution at the age of 17 or 18
Most of the courses or programs are 4 years
They serve the nation via NYSC for one year

All these means the student should graduate and done serving the nation via NYSC by age of 22/23

Now he or she gets a job and start life, work for couple of years to save some money and then start to talk of marriage

With these is mind, is it possible to be married in early 20s? if the couple are able to manage it, why now but why being in a hurry if they are not able to

In a nation where strikes makes a 4 years program become 8 years and a graduate has to be begging to get a job that will pay him or her just 20K per month, how will such plan or talk of marriage?

The OP lacks wisdom.
Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by okikiola2: 5:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
yes, I will that my unborn boys will marry at the age of 25years, while the girls will marry at the age of 23 years
Re: Can You Allow Your Daughter To Get Married In Her Early Twenties by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2019
cococandy:
I got married in my early twenties. Nothing wrong there. I'll give my daughter my blessings too if she
wants the same for herself.

As long as you're mature enough to handle marriage it shouldn't matter.
why?that sounds fast!
Were you desperate in any way?

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Signs That You Have A Ghost In Your House / Should A Woman Give Her Husband Her Whole Salary? / What Do I Do, I Don't Have A Supportive Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.