Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up (5543 Views)

I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed / Jennifer Oseh: Security Man Falls In Love With Working Class Lady, She Reacts / "I Slept With This Lady, She Demanded For N200k But I Gave Her N20k" - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by bbbabes(f): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
Not so many people know this, but according to the Nigerian law and the Criminal Procedure Act, a lady that refuses to show up after you send her cash can be sued and be punished by the law.

Now you know this

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
You say what?. Breach of agreement and theft under false pretence...what if she denies collecting money from you, and you don't have evidence to back that up, what then happens?.
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Fadiga24(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
This one favor me..

1 Like

Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Benjom(m): 3:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
Chukwuka! Oya, where is my money before I send you to jail. grin grin grin
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
Oh lawd.
I didn't know.
shocked shocked
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
aint a crime grin
just her lucky day grin grin

Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Lalas247(f): 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
You say what?. Breach of agreement and theft under false pretence...what if she denies collecting money from you, and you don't have evidence to back that up, what then happens?.
Nice one
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
Lalas247:

Nice one
Lol, how are you?. grin
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Lalas247(f): 5:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
Lol, how are you?. grin
Blessed dear, u ?
Lol your comments eh ..
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
Lalas247:

Blessed dear, u ?
Lol your comments eh ..
I'm good hun, still at work. Na waitin I go do na?, have got to comment based on the matter. grin
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
ibkayee is in trouble then, she's suppose to come chill wiv me

1 Like

Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Ebosman: 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
Why will i send Tp to a Lady before she visits?I don't do broke Ladies,if she can't afford her TP then she is not worth my time.

1 Like

Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Davidgrey: 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
lol!!!
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Apina(m): 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
See d way u dey ask for evidence as if na through air e go take transfer d money. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by unqombothi(f): 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
Are you kidding me? Someone SENDS money to you (meaning it's electronically) and you deny it? But I guess a Nigerian would attempt that sort of "defence".

1 Like

Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
unqombothi:

Are you kidding me? Someone SENDS money to you (meaning it's electronically) and you deny it? But I guess a Nigerian would attempt that sort of "defence".
I'm not kidding! Sending money through electronic means isn't enough evidence 'cause there's no written agreement the money was meant for TP and the babe didn't honour the agreement. She could simple say you dashed her. Her words against yours, and the court doesn't deal with mere words. tongue
Apina:

See d way u dey ask for evidence as if na through air e go take transfer d money. undecided
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by unqombothi(f): 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
I'm not kidding! Sending money through electronic means isn't enough evidence 'cause there's no written agreement the money was meant for TP and the babe didn't honour the agreement. She could simple say you dashed her. Her words against yours, and the court doesn't deal with mere words. tongue
For the "dash" argument to work, you'd have to establish an existing relationship. WHY would he dash you money? And remember, LYING UNDER OATH is an offence. If your lawyer is worth his certificate he would tell you that before commencement.
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by FitnessDoctor: 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
I'm good hun, still at work. Na waitin I go do na?, have got to comment based on the matter. grin
remember you chatted on social media or made several phone calls (which are normally recorded) so there is evidence everywhere
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
unqombothi:

For the "dash" argument to work, you'd have to establish an existing relationship. WHY would he dash you money? And remember, LYING UNDER OATH is an offence. If your lawyer is worth his certificate he would tell you that before commencement.
Hold up, the lawyers that are congenital liars?. Infact, they've even tell you what and what not to say. Before you request for a girl to come pay you a visit which would warrant you sending money to her as TP obviously there's already an established relationship.
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
remember you chatted on social media or made several phone calls (which are normally recorded) so there is evidence everywhere
Do you record all your phone calls?. And just what if at the time you called and agreed she visits wasn't recorded?.
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by unqombothi(f): 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
Hold up, the lawyers that are congenital liars?. Infact, they've even tell you what and what not to say. Before you request for a girl to come pay you a visit which would warrant you sending money to her as TP obviously there's already an established relationship.
Yes, lawyers tell you what to say and what not to say. But no lawyer will tell you to lie. He won't tell you not to lie, either, but he will tell you the consequences if you are going to be testifying under oath.

By existing relationship, I mean familial relationship - brother, auntie, childhood friend, etc. If you want to claim that a guy whose call logs show you only met a few weeks or months back decided to dash you for no reason, the onus will be on you to prove it. I don't see how you can do that easily. Anyway, I don't think you know how these things work in court. I hope that one of these days you will experience such a case and you will understand. It's people like you who think it's possible to lie your way out of any situation. For a case like this to end up in court it will have to be a substantial amount of money yet you think a court will accept an argument that someone gave you that kind of money for "dash" against the person's argument that he didn't! Because you don't know the principle of consideration under contract law.

4 Likes

Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
unqombothi:

Yes, lawyers tell you what to say and what not to say. But no lawyer will tell you to lie. He won't tell you not to lie, either, but he will tell you the consequences if you are going to be testifying under oath.

By existing relationship, I mean familial relationship - brother, auntie, childhood friend, etc. If you want to claim that a guy whose call logs show you only met a few weeks or months back decided to dash you for no reason, the onus will be on you to prove it. I don't see how you can do that easily. Anyway, I don't think you know how these things work in court. I hope that one of these days you will experience such a case and you will understand. It's people like you who think it's possible to lie your way out of any situation. For a case like this to end up in court it will have to be a substantial amount of money yet you think a court will accept an argument that someone gave you that kind of money for "dash" against the person's argument that he didn't! Because you don't know the principle of consideration under contract law.
I'm not good at lying, and hate lying. You seem to take my post personal. grin Some guys do send TP to girls they've not even seen probably met on social media to visit them, I have heard of a few. Are his family members aware?. So if she claimed the money she received was a gift, would the odds be against her?. Anyway, you've made your point.
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by unqombothi(f): 10:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
I'm not good at lying, and hate lying. You seem to take my post personal. grin Some guys do send TP to girls they've not even seen probably met on social media to visit them, I have heard of a few. Are his family members aware?. So if she claimed the money she received was a gift, would the odds be against her?. Anyway, you've made your point.
No, not personal. I just needed to make the case to its logical conclusion for the sake of the many who are reading. When I was a kid they told me that when you have a court case you lie and that would set you free. Now I'm grown up I know better. For a case a simple plausible lie can get you out of no, sensible prosecutor or litigant would take you to court. People go to court because they have a case.
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
unqombothi:

No, not personal. I just needed to make the case to its logical conclusion for the sake of the many who are reading. When I was a kid they told me that when you have a court case you lie and that would set you free. Now I'm grown up I know better. For a case a simple plausible lie can get you out of no, sensible prosecutor or litigant would take you to court. People go to court because they have a case.
Lying is part of the profession. Just don't be caught inbetween lies_that I know of lawyers.
Goodnight.
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by unqombothi(f): 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
Lying is part of the profession. Just don't be caught inbetween lies_that I know of lawyers.
Goodnight.
Hahahaha. You got that wrong, dear. Your view of lawyers is very similar to my grandma's. Sleep sweetly.
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by chiraqDemon(m): 11:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
Thst is why man must collect receipt when e send d money grin grin
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Apina(m): 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
Benita27:
B like say u sabi dis law tin wella, but I was just wondering o, if a text message or messages from the said lady affirming the said accusations wouldn't still hold water in court in place of ur said written agreement? Even if theres nothing of such,a financial transaction had taken place and the court wouldn't wanna hear "e dash me" which would be a very weak defense since an accusation has already been made for breach of contract. Last last, dem go call her fraudster, and u know how e go take end.
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Alekefine(f): 1:47am On Jul 12, 2017
bbbabes:
Not so many people know this, but according to the Nigerian law and the Criminal Procedure Act, a lady that refuses to show up after you send her cash can be sued and be punished by the law.

Now you know this

Lalasticlala
ni ki ni ? watin we buy,watin we sell
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by MrCork: 1:50am On Jul 12, 2017
bbbabes:

Now you know this

.... GREAT....how much u charge? cheesy
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Oyindidi(f): 1:55am On Jul 12, 2017
MrCork:

.... GREAT....how much u charge? cheesy
Nightcrawler
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by GMan650(m): 2:03am On Jul 12, 2017
Benita27:

Lol..... why would anyone go to court cos of transport fare? The legal fees one would expend in such case would be in multiples of the transport fare in question. Funny!!!!!
Re: Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up by Mightyraw(m): 10:00am On Jul 12, 2017
I think I like this

Hey Y'all, you know yourself

Or should I start calling names

Where is my money grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Romance Witout Finance?...really? / Expect Her To Cry When You Bring Up A Prenup / Select From This List The Only 3 Qualities You Can't Do Without In Ur Man/woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.