Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,591 members, 7,847,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? (1294 Views)

Poll: how soon will the Nigeria of our dream emerge

2015: 17% (3 votes)
2020: 17% (3 votes)
2050: 5% (1 vote)
2100: 29% (5 votes)
Never: 29% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics / Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier / New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by sjeezy8: 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2010
chosen04:

Sorry, The middle class will never  join the battle, cos naija is not worth fighting for.
I rest my case.
^^^No sane person/class fights a battle not worth it.

If govt acts accordingly then the citizens will follow all orders.

@Post
Soon
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
If a new Nigeria does not emerge by 2011, then am afraid it will never emerge.

Reasons:

1. Inability of FG to deal with religious fanatics and tribalism once and for all.

2. The cowardice of most Nigerians.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by chosen04(f): 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2010
jimmysho:

Bakare didnt say God told him Yardua is te messiah rather he said seeing his CV he (bakare) was deceived as any other human that yaradua will do well. today, if bakare joined the call for the head of yaradua is because he no longer believe in the man that deceived him earlier. QED

I will continue to be a fan of Bakare. I also admire him for accepting that he goofed. He is unlike others. Infact, i owe him a standing ovation!
but, i cant understand your motive for defending a man who openly and pubicly accepted that we goofed.
I suggest that you book and listen to massage where he said so. To 'unearth the real truth'

jimmysho:

it is needless to cross ferterlise idea with an individual that has foreclosed any hope for naija. all thesame, i will appeal to u to have a change of mind before u go to that your new country that u call home because " ko si ibi ti a ti kin ko ediye ale" some will say " ko si ibi ti ise osi" meaning every state has her own challenges and peculierities

U are wrong to believe i have crossed my mind abt naija. I wish i can see change to sing a different song!. Am a fan reality and i face it.

I know all state have her own challenges. But a state that:
1) Celebrates medicracy is doomed
2) That waste innocent blood and allow blood waster to walk free is finished.
3) That celebrates injustices will never know peace.
4) That have some many dividing elements and few uniting element is a failed state.
5) The only way to win an election is to be rigger  is dead.
6) Built on a faulty foundation is bound to collapse.
^^^^Need i say more?
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by chosen04(f): 2:53pm On Feb 03, 2010
sjeezy8:

If govt acts accordingly then the citizens will follow all orders.

I thut you and I knows that our govt has the WILL POWER but NOT WILLING?

nuzo:

If a new Nigeria does not emerge by 2011, then am afraid it will never emerge.
Reasons:
1. Inability of FG to deal with religious fanatics and tribalism once and for all.

2. The cowardice of most Nigerians.

Nuzo,
Thut you know that 2011 is just a yr away? I still cant see any sign of change.
Thats y am not too happy abt your politican ambition for 2011. Cos i cant forsee myself joinging those corrupt, violence engr'ing political class for any reason soon.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by antartica(m): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2010
CHANGE,change does not come on a platter,it is consciousness,the transformation of the whole being from old to new.From cowardice to bravery,from selfishness to selflessness,from irresponsibilities to responsibilities,from lack to plenty,from inactivities to activities,from dormancy to buoyancy,name it,but from the look of things,nigerians are millions of years away from such qualities,though in reality is very near yet still very far away.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by ajalio(f): 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
Question:   how soon will the Nigeria of our dream emerge?

Do you dream all still the same dream?
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 10:19am On Feb 04, 2010
now it is happening, if a minister that has joined the band wagon of liers tend to repent and asked her principal to respect the constitution we are getting there gradually
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by ajalio(f): 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2010
2015 = in the happiest case possibly
2020 = well conceivable
2050 = definitely
2100 = out of the question
Never = not desirable

My personal forecast: noticeable progress from 2015, on the top in 2025

jimmysho, do you really think that this example of Mrs. professor Dora Akunyili pulls other circles?
I dare to doubt this strongly. It may be right that I do not understand some things in Nigeria
yet completely and generate, therefore, sometimes annoyance with my opinion.
What I know definitely is, that nobody gives up his "privileges" and "advantages"
so just like that if he is not forced to it.
And surely not if he lost then his lucrative sources of income.

My husband has told me, the closest you ever came to changing Nigeria was when
Generals Buhari and Idiagbon genuinely attempted to redirect the future of Nigeria through
the introduction of War Against Indiscipline (WAI). For a while, Nigerians, for once, had a focus
on where their country was meant to be heading to. Everyone living in Nigeria at the time was
compelled to adjust to a more positive outlook of this country. Corruption was forced to its
lowest ebb with corrupt public officers returning their loot and those who could not stand the
newly emerged pressure running far away from the scene.
He is of the opinion, That was the absolute key moment for change and for re branding Nigeria.
But as soon as that momentum was quashed by a more liberal, corrupt and nonchalant regime,
which was at the same time accepted by the same Nigerians, the battered future of this great
country was left in dire straits. The result is where you are today-a nation without notion.
Any concept of change must have to deal with attitude before a corresponding behavior alteration
or change.
I am no friend of military governments since they treat only symtoms and do not cure the illness.
If we take as an example Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia boasts over and over again that there is in the
country none or only very few thieves. It is right, but not because the attitude rules that it is wrong
to steal, but because the fear is bigger to lose the hand. What I want to say with it is that after a time
of military government in Nigeria, in the shortest time the same problems would appear again.

Corruption is the root and stem of your existence; it is endemic and pandemic and you believe
that through rhetoric you can change Nigeria? The first shot at changing Nigeria by the
Yar'Adua government was the introduction of the "rule of law". This is now raped and rejected by
the same people who initiated it. The fundamental principle of changing Nigeria should be the
reintroduction, reinforcement and, ultimately, acceptance of the principle of law as the pillar of this
slogan. The second shot at changing by this government was the seven-point agenda. What has
happened to the programme? You cannot keep introducing various slogans or jargons as eloquent
talks to sway the country. Your leaders have failed you, and, no matter the imaginary institutional
names they create, the fact that you do not believe in the system which keeps sucking the blood of
Nigerians, sweet words or well-meaning acts cannot change anything. It is just another facade that
will never change the minds, beliefs and assumptions of Nigerians; the real change can only come
from attitudes. But, can you have attitude change when everyone who finds an opportunity to hold
public office steals the same property he or she is endowed to look after?

The study of attitudes is close to the heart of social psychology and, historically, was one of its first
concerns. Researchers wondered: how much do our attitudes affect our actions? Asking whether
attitudes determine behavior shows a basic question about human nature. What is the relationship
between what we are (on the inside) and what we do (on the outside)?

Philosophers, theologians, and educators have long speculated about the connection between thought
and action, character and conduct, private word and public deed. The prevailing assumption, which
underlies most teaching, counseling, and child rearing, has been that our private beliefs and feelings
determine our public behavior. So, if you want to alter the way people act, you need to change their
hearts and minds. But how possible is that in this country where no one has the country at heart?
When can the electorate determine the outcome of any election in Nigeria?

Nevertheless, I think that it is possible. Although I must admit that it will become a difficult and
hard way. It is possible only under certain conditions and only if you, I do not know how I should
express it, change some behaviour patterns. @Nuzo has used the word cowardice. So far I would not
like to go. I do not think that it is cowardice, but lethargy, indifference and a big part of resignation.
However, nobody will help you, unless you help yourselves.

As far as I can assess it, the rally of the SNG in Lagos has been evaluated by you very positively.
Words like "finally, we have woken", "enough is enough" and still many more, were to be heard.

It is also the right way. Force the corrupt leaders in politics with your voice in the knees.
Force them to disclose everything, to give back the stolen money and to make room for fresh blood.
Let them know that they cannot sell you any more for silly. This is your good right and it is democratic.
But hey people, right now honestly. How many were it? Some Thousand in a mega city
like Lagos? Some Thousand in a country of more than 150 millions?
If only you had thus big flap also on the street, as like here in the forum. Your voice must sweep
like a thunder rumbling about the country. Day after day and week after week, until the thieves
and swindlers have no more other choice, than to hear you.
It seems to me, as if this only was one drop on the hot stone also again. Evaporated in Nothing.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2010
we are getting there sooner very soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glenn Hoddle's Corruption Allegations Over Nigeria Job Lead To Inquiry / Is This True About Theodore Orji / Nigerian Man Die In Sa Police Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.