Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,558 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? (1293 Views)

Poll: how soon will the Nigeria of our dream emerge

2015: 17% (3 votes)
2020: 17% (3 votes)
2050: 5% (1 vote)
2100: 29% (5 votes)
Never: 29% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics / Aero Contractors To Emerge National Carrier / New Nigeria Police Force Uniforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2010
The present realities in our dear country is about a nation that the foundation was laid with severe irregularities and deformities which are not working for us
A nation where corruption has been institutionalized and connection placed above merit
A nation that exalt Quota and Federal Character System above knowledge
Oh, a nation that celebrate private wealth above national growth and development.

I mean a situation where genius are subjected to the authority of dodo because the slowpoke is closer the people at the corridor of power or from a section of the country
A situation where people from different sections of the country write same exams but where offered admission based on a fraudulent policy -Education Backward States Policy
A situation where the law protects the rich and powerful while punishment is for the poor and voiceless is assumed to be sacrosanct- Oh, what a double standard.

Can’t we sing a new song? Some will say “it is not in the sing but the motive behind it”
Why can’t our resources and population translate into great development and growth?
Series of visions were set to no visible result. The resent among them is the vision 2020- to be on the conservative side, the vision seems not going through the direction of the visioneer.

Oh, when will the Nigeria of our dream emerge?
A Nigeria that order will be part of our national life
A Nigeria that basic need of life will be readily available
A Nigeria that health care can be accessible by all
A Nigeria that where energy will not be scarce

Am talking about the situation where intellectual property will be rewarded
A situation where the unskilled will not get the job of the skilled
A situation when we will assume our position in the comity of nations
I mean when we shall be lead by those that have passion and the love
of our country at heart and a corrupt free men will take the centre stage.

I yarn for a new Nigeria without greed
I see it coming any moment from now
But can it happen in this generation?
Will it surface with the present realities and formation?
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by otokx(m): 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2010
With each passing day my doubts keep increasing. No electricity, no road, when it rains then we have dangerously flooded rivers from bad roads. Many churches and more docility and poverty. Fuel scarcity is now a popular and wide spread constant. Corruption is on the increasing increase.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 9:03pm On Feb 02, 2010
otokx:

With each passing day my doubts keep increasing. No electricity, no road, when it rains then we have dangerously flooded rivers from bad roads. Many churches and more docility and poverty. Fuel scarcity is now a popular and wide spread constant. Corruption is on the increasing increase.

no need to increase ur doubt because any moment from now the really thing go burst. it is not compulsory to leave together as a nation because we start laughing
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by Fhemmmy: 3:01am On Feb 03, 2010
I am so sure that, that kinda Nigeria is very possible abd achievable, however, we have a lot of work to do to achieve it.
We need to be able to work together and stop the tribal attacks, we need the Muslims and the Christians to be able to leave together in harmony, the govt needs to see that the poverty of the people they are governing speaks of how well or bad they have done.
But the Nigeria in that picture is very possible.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by mamagee3(f): 3:01am On Feb 03, 2010
You mean a brand new rotten Nigeria? undecided
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by Fhemmmy: 3:04am On Feb 03, 2010
Na wa oh
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by consultmartins(m): 4:37am On Feb 03, 2010
I believe strongly that a new Nigeria will emerge and i also believe we are the one to do it. Stop being pessimistic, Nigeria will remain stagnant if it is filled with men that say it can't be done. Nigeria is in need of men who can dream of things that never were. Men who can bring vision into reality.

I strongly believe i am one of those men, i don't know about you.

Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by citizenY(m): 9:16am On Feb 03, 2010
A new Nigeria is emerging and the catalysts will be the following

1) The Jos mayhem- people will now sit down and understand each other
2) NIger Delta- people will sit down and do something in their states and not wait for Federation account
3)Yar'adua,s ill health - Nigerians have started saying enough is enough
4) Anambra voters should begin the final onslaught to dislodge PDP

Unless you defeat PDP, the stagnation and civil strife will continue.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by ElRazur: 9:19am On Feb 03, 2010
I thought the catalyst will the Great satan USA. I heard they are planning our demise. grin
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by citizenY(m): 9:30am On Feb 03, 2010
^^^^^
As I have said many times in NL, we are hostages to each other. Ignore any other sentiments about
going or staying. Where are you going to. There is no local government that can stand on its own not
to talk of clans. Their IGR cannot even run an administration for one month. We shall continue to live on
each others fat till we get things right.

Do you expect Akwa Ibom or Bayelsa or Nassarawa or Niger , Ekiti or Delta or Abia etc to agree to go back
to control from Kaduna, Ibadan or Enugu? After tasting freedom? when people are asking for more states to
create more majorities and minorities ?
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 9:35am On Feb 03, 2010
mama-gee:

You mean a brand new rotten Nigeria? undecided

we are talking a new breed without gread

Unless you defeat PDP, the stagnation and civil strife will continue.

evem without they rigging do u think the so called oppositions can defeat PDP (just a harmless thought)

consultmartins:

I believe strongly that a new Nigeria will emerge and i also believe we are the one to do it. Stop being pessimistic, Nigeria will remain stagnant if it is filled with men that say it can't be done. Nigeria is in need of men who can dream of things that never were. Men who can bring vision into reality.

I strongly believe i am one of those men, i don't know about you.

this is what are talking about because wit strong determination it cam happen. I am also part of the men that will bring positive change to this nation.

ElRazur:

I thought the catalyst will the Great satan USA. I heard they are planning our demise. grin

elrazu, pls leave US out of the equation. even if they do not plan we can ve such a great nation with the present realities
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by ElRazur: 9:39am On Feb 03, 2010
jimmysho:

elrazu, pls leave US out of the equation. even if they do not plan we can ve such a great nation with the present realities

No. I am saying it before some deluded person mentions it. That is all. After all, what good is debating if you cannot see the view of another person?

Personally, for Nigeria to achieve all those things listed, we need to be ready to pay the Ultimate sacrifice, but so far majority aint ready.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 9:48am On Feb 03, 2010
^^^i see thing working if the supposed middle class start joining the battle and not stay in their comfort zones and castigate the 'cabal' at the helms of affaiers
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by desgiezd(m): 9:49am On Feb 03, 2010
I used to hope and long for that day when one would look at the country and see all things working as they should but as the days are passing bye and as I am getting older, I watch that hope, albeit helplessly, giving way to despondency. We have people who are not even fit to be our house boys posing as leaders simply because they have connections or because they were born in a particular part of the country.

If we continue in like manner, this nation would continue to die gradually and so with it, our hopes.

A change, like it happened in America in 2008 is what we need and thats the only way.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 03, 2010
There is no tomorrow, today is the future. If you dont realise now that you are great, you can never be.
Nigerians are waking up. This generation is now seeing the corruption eye to eye and the awareness of the cabal holding sway. the next thing is a revolution.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 11:06am On Feb 03, 2010
babaearly:

There is no tomorrow, today is the future. If you dont realise now that you are great, you can never be.
Nigerians are waking up. This generation is now seeing the corruption eye to eye and the awareness of the cabal holding sway. the next thing is a revolution.

if south korea that we gain independence at about same time believed in the future that their country will be recon with global even when they were in serious mess at that time, why cant history repeat itself in the present circumstance we found ourself. the korean's economy is the 11th largest economy in the world as i write. they were faced with same problem of corruption but the only difference they [the pple] had hope out of hopelessness. so, there is abundant of hope though it may take longer than expected but it will certain surface but the present realities and formation must be dismantled. by dismantled, i do not mean disintegration though that will be in the best of the peoples of nigeria
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 11:53am On Feb 03, 2010
I yarn for a new Nigeria without greed
I see it coming any moment from now
But can it happen in this generation?
Will it surface with the present realities and formation?
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2010
Am talking about the situation where intellectual property will be rewarded
A situation where the unskilled will not get the job of the skilled
A situation when we will assume our position in the comity of nations
I mean when we shall be lead by those that have passion and the love
of our country at heart and a corrupt free men will take the centre stage.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by naijaswag1: 12:50pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nigerians have not suffered enough.When they do,change shall come!
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 1:07pm On Feb 03, 2010
naija_swag:

Nigerians have not suffered enough.When they do,change shall come!

i doubt if u know the defination of suffering because the present problem could result into 'yaki' that hausa man refers to as war
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by chosen04(f): 1:10pm On Feb 03, 2010
jimmysho:

^^^i see thing working if the supposed middle class start joining the battle and not stay in their comfort zones and castigate the 'cabal' at the helms of affaiers

Sorry, The middle class will never  join the battle, cos naija is not worth fighting for.

I rest my case.

^^^No sane person/class fights a battle not worth it.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by naijaswag1: 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2010
jimmysho:

i doubt if u know the defination of suffering because the present problem could result into 'yaki' that hausa man refers to as war

Do you no what ended segregation in the US? The Negros were pushed to the wall and the organised a 6months bus boycott sparked off by Rosa Parks and led by  Luther and Nixon.We have heard of orange and velvet revolutions where people took to the streets and demanded change.In Iran today,people take to the streets to protest in hundreds of thousands despite the beheading that ensues as a punishment to be a dissident.Just look at the enough is enough protest,how many of those 150 million Nigerians who claim to be suffering participated.Why can't 10 million Nigerians storm the streets for days until a reasonable compromise is reached with our leaders.How many times and days were those demonstrations repeated.

We are not suffering yet,when we are pushed to the wall,we will demand change by force.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 1:17pm On Feb 03, 2010
chosen04:

Sorry, The middle class will never  join the battle, cos naija is not worth fighting for.

I rest my case.

^^^No sane person/class fights a battle not worth it.

where can we classify the organizers and proteters of ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. save nigeria group

secondly, if nigeria is not worth fighting for why then always castigate the seemingly ills of the state?

sorry friend, my dear country  is worth dieing for not just in the fight
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by chosen04(f): 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
Poster,

Why is 2010 not in your poll?. I thut we use to have vision 2010 in the ABACHA days.

The magical year then that will provide:

Shelter for all.
Constant Nepa for all.
Employment for all.
Better standard of living for all.
Motorable road for all.
Etc

Its obvious that with each passing day; the reality just sets in that naija will never work. In just 10yrs time too the 20:2020 vision will become another sounding cymbal.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2010
why asking 2010 when u know there is another vision 2020 that we seem to be working on which i earlier said it is not going as conseved by the visioneer

it seems u ve a strong problem with nigeria bouncing back on her feet
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by muhsin(m): 1:41pm On Feb 03, 2010
Who knows?

We're just optimistic. Thats all.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by chosen04(f): 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2010
jimmysho:

where can we classify the organizers and proteters of ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. save nigeria group.

Most of organisers are just opposition politicans looking for votes in 2011. Others are people like Rev. Tunde Bakare who previously boosted that Yar'Adua was the annointed messiah who lead 'us' to the "unpromised land"

Q: President Umaru Yar’Adua is into his third year in office. How would you rate his performance?

A: That’s a question I wouldn’t even want to touch or answer because for the first time in my life as an adult, looking at his antecedents: his late brother, his father–a First Republic minister– and his level of education, I was so excited. But I must admit my humanity here that I was fooled. This is the first man I said I am willing to call my own president, looking at what he left behind in the treasury and his attitude to life. This is the first Nigerian graduate, not to mention a lecturer as head of state. Now, I’ve found out that the hood does not make the monk. Because if you ask me to rate him, I have only one rating: Umaru Yar’Adua, go home. You’re a round peg in a square hole; totally unfit in this day to lead this nation

Q: President Umaru Yar’Adua is into his third year in office. How would you rate his performance?[/color]

A:[color=#000099] That’s a question I wouldn’t even want to touch or answer because for the first time in my life as an adult, looking at his antecedents: his late brother, his father–a First Republic minister– and his level of education, I was so excited. But I must admit my humanity here that I was fooled. This is the first man I said I am willing to call my own president, looking at what he left behind in the treasury and his attitude to life. This is the first Nigerian graduate, not to mention a lecturer as head of state. Now, I’ve found out that the hood does not make the monk. Because if you ask me to rate him, I have only one rating: Umaru Yar’Adua, go home. You’re a round peg in a square hole; totally unfit in this day to lead this nation

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-355636.0.html

If i may ask, are the majority of our National assembly members who have seen supporting and rooting for "biz as usual" not members of the same middle class?

The eariler we wake up to reality the best for us all.

jimmysho:

secondly, if nigeria is not worth fighting for why then always castigate the seemingly ills of the state?

I have always known lets PRAY TO GOD FOR NIGERIA as the only way we fight/castigate ills of the state. Are you no longer praying for your beloved country again?
For me? i longer pray, I now weep.

jimmysho:

sorry friend, my dear country  is worth dieing for not just in the fight

Sorry, the last time I checked the list of those who gave/will give their lives for naija, Why was your name missing?

The last time a person died fighting for the betterment of nigeria, Its was the INNOCENT BLOOD of the so called REBEL, who knew that the best way naija can survive was:

''Its is better that we move slightly apart and and survive, It is much worse that we move closer and perish in the collision"

I pray we dont, but its obvious we will not "survive the resultant effect of our togetherness"
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2010
[b]optimism is the mother of productivity

"I am optimistic that we will be better next year compared to this year with 5.5-6 percent economic growth," [/b]he said.  those were the words of the indonesia president

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says he is optimistic that the Lao PDR will meet its national development goals - to achieve the Millennium Development Goals and graduate from Least Developed Country (LDC) status by its target date of 2020.

so i see no reason why nigeria can stand up and put the old days behind
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2010
it is needless to cross ferterlise idea with an individual that has foreclosed any hope for naija. all thesame, i will appeal to u to have a change of mind before u go to that your new country that u call home because " ko si ibi ti a ti kin ko ediye ale" some will say " ko si ibi ti ise osi" meaning every state has her own challenges and peculierities
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by jimmysho(m): 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2010
Bakare didnt say God told him Yardua is te messiah rather he said seeing his CV he (bakare) was deceived as any other human that yaradua will do well. today, if bakare joined the call for the head of yaradua is because he no longer believe in the man that deceived him earlier. QED
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by chosen04(f): 2:19pm On Feb 03, 2010
jimmysho:

why asking 2010 when u know there is another vision 2020 that we seem to be working on which i earlier said it is not going as conseved by the visioneer

chosen04:

Poster,
Its obvious that with each passing day; the reality just sets in that naija will never work. In just 10yrs time too the 20:2020 vision will become another sounding cymbal.

Exactly,
In same way 2015= 4 yrs from now will become story story!
                     2020= Not working as you noticed.
                     2050= will become one of visionless visson in just 40yrs
                     2100= Thank God i must have gone to ZION, but nothing will change. The only change is that looters and corrupt country men will be better celebrated.
Re: Will A New Nigeria Ever Emerge? by Kay17: 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2010
for such a dream to come to pass, a revolution is needed. a massive urge for change. splitting the country would not change anything worsen matters, we need to take matters into our hands.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Nigerian Electoral Boss Warns Commissioners Against Fraud / Islamic Bank Donate More Than A Billion Naira To Charity / 6 Northerners Caught With Explosives At Abule Egba On New Years Eve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.