Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? (1816 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? / Can A Christian Marry A Muslim?? / Can A Christian Man (marry (two (2))wives? Is It A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by Goodyman(m): 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
Can a Christian marry two sisters as Jacob did to Leah and Rachael? Is there anything wrong about it? What is your take on this issue?
Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by alienvirus: 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
YES!
Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
alienvirus:
YES!

Don't virus Goodman
Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by Amberon11: 3:53am On Jul 12, 2017
What kind of ques question is this?
Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by Goodyman(m): 8:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
I ask this question because a few days ago, a man impregnated two sisters and when they gave birth, he took them to a Church for dedication and the Church actually dedicated them, thus giving tacit approval for the marriage of the two sisters. Indeed, the two sisters are twins and this is not the first time it has happened. So, what is your take on this. Is it scriptural or biblical?
Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2017

Is masturbtion a sin?

Is premarital sx wrong since we are going to marry?

Is there a place in the Bible that God said we shldnt smoke?

As Christian Adults is it a sin to watch p*rnography?

Must I pay tithe?

MY ANSWER

ITS NOT BY FORCE TO SERVE JESUS...
. Do me a favor... Collect ur life bak nd live d way u want

#Eco99#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
ecoeco:
Is masturbtion a sin?
Is premarital sx wrong since we are going to marry?
Is there a place in the Bible that God said we shldnt smoke?
As Christian Adults is it a sin to watch p*rnography?
Must I pay tithe?
MY ANSWER
ITS NOT BY FORCE TO SERVE JESUS... . Do me a favor... Collect ur life bak nd live d way u want

#Eco99#

I think the thread confused u.
Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by seunny4lif(m): 3:42am On Jul 16, 2017
YES marry as you want

In the bible
Most God loved people married more than 1 wife ;Dl
Some even give woman that is not thier wife belle cool cool

The bible dey confusing self
Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by petra1(m): 5:50am On Jul 16, 2017
Goodyman:
I ask this question because a few days ago, a man impregnated two sisters and when they gave birth, he took them to a Church for dedication and the Church actually dedicated them, thus giving tacit approval for the marriage of the two sisters. Indeed, the two sisters are twins and this is not the first time it has happened. So, what is your take on this. Is it scriptural or biblical?

These are two different issues. Marrying from same family is the same as polygamy . but the issue of child dedication is a different thing entirely. children are Gods heritage. It doesn't matter how they come about. Even if the child comes from a father impregnating a daughter. it shouldn't stop the dedication of a child. an innocent child should not be exposed to satan or be unprotected because of the sin of the parents. rather such children needs the dedication the most. because they are already objects of rejection.
Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by Mynd44: 6:33am On Jul 16, 2017
Polygany is not a sin according to the Bible. There is no clear cut instruction as to it.

But then who will want to marry two women? Marriage to one woman sef is stressful and you feel like going insane you now want to add more women. Kuku kee yourself
Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by GMBITLY(m): 7:32am On Jul 16, 2017
Adam & Eve

Not Adam & Eves!
Re: Can A Christian Marry Two Sisters Or More Than One Wife? by Goodyman(m): 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
I want to respond to the brother who said it is not by force to serve God and that one should collect his life and live the way he wants. I strongly believe that he made this statement out of ignorance. If he is married and has given birth to a child, can he allow that child to live the way he wants i.e. assuming he has a girl-child and that girl-child of 12 years want to live her life as a prostitute, would he, as the father, allow that? Secondly, no man has his own life. We all owe our lives to God who created us and every other living thing. God created main in His own image and likeness. (Genesis 1:27). God gave us life. He formed man out of the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils and man became a living being - Genesis 2:7. So, if you do not serve the One who created you and without whom none of us humans can exist or survive, who else are you going to serve? Man never created himself, so we all owe our lives to God whether you like it or not and are therefore under obligation to serve Him.

Many of those those who shoved God aside and never believed in Him were forced by circumstances beyond their control - especially when they are terribly sick and have no hope of survival or have terrible motor accidents and have no hope of survival or under very serious challenges, then they remember God and call on His name to save them and that is too late. It is better to identify with God NOW and save your life from eternal destruction, because God will eventually destroy this wicked world and all the wicked men and women, so the earlier you identify with God through Jesus Christ, the better.

Masturbation is a sin. The only form of sex God allows is sex in marriage. Anything short of this is sin against God. Is non-smoking in the Bible? No, but smoking is dangerous to one's health and pollutes the body. God cannot operate in the life of a smoker whose life is completely polluted, that is why one needs to abstain from smoking. Must one pay tithe? It is one of God;s principles of prosperity for his children. Malachi 3:10. I will respond to the issue of marrying two sisters or more than one wife later. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Where Did Lucifer Get The Idea To Rebel Against God In Heaven???? / Pastor Steve Akinola Passes On. / Pastor Strips Female Members, Bathe Them During Crossover Service (videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.