Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,387 members, 7,812,144 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Can A Christian Marry A Muslim?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Marry A Muslim?? (649 Views)

Can A Christian Marry A Jew? / Dubai Yahoo Boy Who Wants To Marry A Prostitute Meets TB Joshua (Video) / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christian Marry A Muslim?? by chubaba22(m): 2:00am On May 05, 2018
Good morning house

so I don't really know a better place to ask about this except here..

Sometimes in January I got into a relationship with a girl.. Since then we've just grown from strength to strength. We both stay and work in same town in the North central part of the country, far from home and parents. Our relationship is just everything that I've dreamt of. we are just perfect together

But the challenge is that she is a Yoruba Muslim while I am a Christian and also Igbo

So I ask...is there a possibility of both of us ending up together?? considering the tribal and religious difference. Will her parents allow that?? cos I don't have a problem with her accepting.

Yorubas esp. Muslim ones in the house please your opinion on this

@lala, mods help me push am go front page abeg!!

1 Share

Re: Can A Christian Marry A Muslim?? by kunlefunjo: 2:03am On May 05, 2018
yes
Re: Can A Christian Marry A Muslim?? by blackpanthar: 2:35am On May 05, 2018
am shocked that you are even a Christian. Are you so ignorant of your faith? Do you think MARRIAGE was invented by aristotle or some greek scholar?

See, GOD instituted marriage and Let me school you on Marriage and anyone who claims they are christians and are telling you "YES"

BEFORE YOU PRAY FOR A SPOUSE ..
When you choose to pray over a matter scripture clearly instructs you on ,you are mischievously living in disobedience .
For example ,before you start praying whether a brother or sister is " Gods will " for you in marriage ,kindly know it's really up to you .
Paul gives just one admonition in this regard 1 Corinthians 7:39 KJV [39] ..she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
THIS RULES OUT NONE BELIEVERS .

To marry ONLY in The Lord ,has no specific person called Gods will but rather specific issues you consider before settling for any .
You didn't receive any brother or sister as an inheritance in Christ to be married to ,so several can fit into or not fit in.. As earlier said ,the non believer is totally out .
However ,there are others 1 Corinthians 5:11,13 KJV [11] But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
13] But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
A licentious person who lives like a non believer and in open sin. It's no need praying over it whether he or she is the right person .
They are not .
BROTHER.... If you love her and you truly believe JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY.... then you will get her born again... else your Christianity was NEVER SERIOUS and you have no true LOVE.

you may not like my tone but its as bitter as the panadol you need to cure you.

chubaba22:
Good morning house

so I don't really know a better place to ask about this except here..

Sometimes in January I got into a relationship with a girl.. Since then we've just grown from strength to strength. We both stay and work in same town in the North central part of the country, far from home and parents. Our relationship is just everything that I've dreamt of. we are just perfect together

But the challenge is that she is a Yoruba Muslim while I am a Christian and also Igbo

So I ask...is there a possibility of both of us ending up together?? considering the tribal and religious difference. Will her parents allow that?? cos I don't have a problem with her accepting.

Yorubas esp. Muslim ones in the house please your opinion on this

@lala, mods help me push am go front page abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Marry A Muslim?? by Topmaike007(m): 3:30am On May 05, 2018
to me is not bad,if an only if she will convert..
Re: Can A Christian Marry A Muslim?? by omaolowo(m): 3:33am On May 05, 2018
Yes, you can go ahead

You are also lucky. As most Muslim ladies of Yoruba extraction will, immediately after the wedding, change, blend and fuse into her husband's religion, creed or sect

Accept my hearty congratulations

(1) (Reply)

God's Message To Nigeria / The Best Two Doggies Of My Life Were From Staunch Catholics / Why Are These Set Of People Missing In The Catholic Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.