Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle (25709 Views)

Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread / Seun-osewa Short Stories Battle Registration Thread- Last Day / MARVEL CHRONICLES (science Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by tosyne2much(m): 8:22am On Aug 25, 2017
Congrats Skarlett. You're the best cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by haryorbarmie83(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2017
Skarlett, abeg send me 100 MTN 0806 622 0033. Thank you grin
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Jazmiynne: 8:48am On Aug 25, 2017
Congrats Skarlett. I'm glad my votes counted themselves in the success. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by McLove(m): 8:53am On Aug 25, 2017
Congrats Skarlett.. Weldone Divepen1, you did well! To the judges, I say weldone. It ain't easy jare! To other contestants including myself, let's keep writing, we can only get better!

Let's do this again next year o.. And please take note of my suggestion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by obiorathesubtle: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2017
skarlett:
Wow! If I tell you I'm flabbergasted now, that will be a huge understatement. But I want to say this competition was a whole lot of fun while it lasted.

My gratitude goes to the organizers and sponsors of this competition especially Divepen1. It took a lot for you to come up with the idea of organizing this contest in Literature section and seeing it through to the end despite the challenges. More power to your elbow sir kiss

Next is the panel of judges especially Larrysun. Your constructive criticism made me work harder at improving my craft and more importantly, made me never give up. I feel honoured to have been on your team.

I also want to appreciate my fellow contestants and all the others I cannot remember their monikers for their display of good sportsmanship and for encouraging me directly or indirectly to hone my craft.

Finally I want to appreciate my e-fam and fans: abeg if I no metion you nor vex embarassed . I want to thank all of you for turning up for me and giving me your support. Migwo! Ose! Daalu! Danke! kiss

I've been trying to post this since but my network has been really crappy so I apologize for the late post.

And yeah, I got the 23k alert Divepen1 smiley

wink

Congratulations fine girl..
Keep writing..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by piroux(f): 10:07am On Aug 25, 2017
Divepen1:

Meanwhile, acknowledge receipt oo.. Sponsors are watching...

Piroux

Thanks

Recieved. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Missnande(f): 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
Divepen thank you I received the alert. To the sponsors thank you very much and God bless you!
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Ironlion1(m): 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
AudreyTimms:
Hey everybody. Firstly, I must say it's a privilege to be here. Secondly, you all did well. Some caught my attention while others didn't but in all, I give kudos to everyone. Thirdly, I chose the following entries based on the style of writing, how I connected with the story and how much I want to read more from the writer. No hard feelings please if I didn't choose you. I'm not going to talk much here. I'll do all the talking in the mentoring room. Okay. Let's go there.

1. Entry 2
Great analysis.

I chose this story because I loved the message it was trying to portray. One lives on no matter the pain. It could have been written better to draw more emotion from readers but with the word limitation, I say kudos. Looking forward to reading more from you.

2. Entry 6

I loved this story because it was written for the average Nigerian. I could relate with it (Nigerian mothers!). The writing style was simple and straight to the point. At first I thought it was gonna be scary but it ended on a hilarious note. Typos here and there but I believe you can do better in the next round. I also learnt a new word.

3. Entry 7 - The Boy In Blue

Hmm...I had to read this twice before I got who was actually narrating the story. It was confusing at first but I smiled in the end. Dramatic exit! Me likey. I believe with a little direction here and there, you will do a better job in the next round. 

4. Entry 10

*side eyes repogirl* Nicceeee! Beautiful concept. Reminds me of The African Child or is it Stillborn? Can't remember. You did a good job. I could literally see the various characters and scenes even though you didn't expatiate on them. And you left us hanging, salivating for more. Who really sired you? 
* brings out a sword* Stay away, LarrySun. Want some, repogirl? tongue

5. Entry 14

It wasn't written well but I just loved it. I laughed till tears fell from my eyes. I shared it with my colleagues and we all had a good laugh. It's relatable. At this juncture, I must say I'm not just looking for the strong ones. I like underdogs (Not calling you one though) Okay. Lemme stop here. We'll get to the finish line together.

6. Entry 16 - Survivor

You're a survivor. You made the cut! Okay. The story is hella cliche, I know, but I kinda loved it. I didn't particularly like the way it was written but I know you can do better. You need to learn how to put a story together (compartmentalize). You started the story with your psychologist, then ended it with your best friend. It made me wonder about some things. Was your best friend there with you in the psychologist's office or is the psychologist your best friend? It seemed like jumping from one scene straight into another. You need to also watch your use of punctuation marks. Not to worry, we are in this together. Lemme go and play 'Destiny Child's Survivor jor. cheesy

Okay. There you have it. My six BFFs for the next few weeks. grin We will meet in the other room for tutoring and pairing. Writers' luck fall on you all.

And hey, repogirl, poaching is allowed!  tongue
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
davide470:
Skarlett, Congrats dear! Making us proud as always.. Oya, bring the money!

OluwabuqqyYOLO You are Good!

To all them Judges, respect for you guys.
Thank you very much, the giant slayer. Follow my ongoing story by using the link in my signature and read the completed ones via my profile, please. Invite others too.

2 Likes

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 29, 2017
I've gotten the balance of the prize money, my heartfelt appreciation to the sponsors

cc
Divepen1

4 Likes

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
Please I really need your name for Be Writertained Chronicles : Few And Deep

And
In case you don't want your name to appear please do tell.. I'll use only your Nicknames..

Please, send it to me through a PM
1. GSteve001
2. Missnande
3. OluwabuqqyYOLO
4. Heryordele94
5. Debbietiyan
6. meneski
7. McLove
9. Kusibe77
11.Jazmiynne
13. KimberlyWest
14. Chipappii
17. skarlett
21. illicit
22. Frankenstein
23. perrypablo
25. piroux
26. Gmike2rule
27. ToluLolu0122
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Missnande(f): 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
Yes please @Divepen1, I don't want my name to appear.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 5:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
Missnande:
Yes please @Divepen1, I don't want my name to appear.
Okay noted
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Debbietiyan(f): 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
Divepen1, I'd like to use my moniker (though separated), and not my full name too.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Divepen1(m): 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2017
Debbietiyan:
Divepen1, I'd like to use my moniker (though separated), and not my full name too.
Okay

1 Like

Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Jazmiynne: 11:39am On Sep 07, 2017
@Divepen please kindly use my Nairaland moniker (Jazmiynne), thanks very much.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by piroux(f): 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
Divepen1, please use my nairaland username.
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Missnande(f): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2017
Jazmiynne:
@Divepen please kindly use my Nairaland moniker (Jazmiynne), thanks very much.

Hi there! Love your blog. What say you,follow for follow?
Re: Skarlett Wins Seun Osewa Fiction Battle by Jazmiynne: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
Missnande:

Hi there! Love your blog. What say you,follow for follow?

Hello you just followed now right? Thanks very much, I'd do same too smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HAD I KNOW ( The Story Of Bella) / Eunice Atuejide: Chimamanda Adichie Is An Extremist, She's Misleading Girls / I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.