Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping (1596 Views)

My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / 'Doctors Told My Wife She Can't Conceive A Baby But Look At Us Now'. Photos / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by mr1759: 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
I stumble into a heated argument between some Christians,

the issues was when a married woman that was kidnapped for weeks becomes pregnant what happens to the seed in her should that child be aborted or allowed to grown among her legitimate children.

what decision is a Christian husband support to take
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by mr1759: 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
where are all the Christian sisters and pastors here someone need clarity, I don't want nollywood explanation
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
Child should rightfully be aborted, just like if/when father abuse his own child sexually and get her pregnant OR kid is raped and get pregnant... To hell with what Religious people may think, this is a COMMON SENSE issue!

5 Likes

Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by mr1759: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
Child should rightfully be aborted, just like if/when father abuse his own child sexually and get her pregnant OR kid is raped and get pregnant... To hell with what Religious people may think, this is a COMMON SENSE issue!

I salute your knowledge .
because some persons was saying abortion in such circumstances is murder and the bible say that hough shall not kill

Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
mr1759:

because some persons was saying abortion in such circumstances is murder and the bible say that hough shall not kill

These deluded people have no knowledge of the bible, and SELFISHLY use from the holy book what Fits their HYPOCRiTE agendas.

The bible itself teaches that it's ok to stone people to death, non virgins should be killed, kids that are disrespectful to their parents should be murdered etc... It's all in black and white in the bible, yet they disregard these passage and will come here and say LIFe IS SACRED... then again, turn around and say all gay/lesbians should be killed.

Bunch of hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by themayor4542(m): 8:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
I really can't understand why the said woman was not taken to a hospital immediately she was released to flush out any thing that might be in her system as a result of the sexual assault on her while in the kidnapper's den. That would have save all this scenario playing out. A stitch in time saves nine.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by EfemenaXY: 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
mr1759:

Really?

And what's your stance on the "issue"?
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by edwife(f): 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
God knows and should forgive me, because i am not keeping any kidnapper/bandit/criminal/smelly seed.

It ain't happening. angryangry I will even demand to be quarantined. undecided
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by EfemenaXY: 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
edwife:
God knows and should forgive me, because i am not keeping any kidnapper/bandit/criminal/smelly seed.

It ain't happening. angryangry I will even demand to be quarantined. undecided

Let's add a twist and make it more interesting:

Assuming you've been seeking the fruit of the womb for 25+ years and menopause is almost knocking on the door. What would you do?
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by edwife(f): 9:13pm On Jul 14, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Let's add a twist and make it more interesting:

Assuming you've been seeking the fruit of the womb for 25+ years and menopause is almost knocking on the door. What would you do?

By then I will know that my partner is the problem and i will look for a more suitable sperm donor. I can't live with that fact that the child is that of a criminal who raped me. I don't want to be constantly reminded of that horrible experience.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by EfemenaXY: 9:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
edwife:

By then I will know that my partner is the problem and i will look for a more suitable sperm donor. I can't live with that fact that the child is that of a criminal who raped me. I don't want to be constantly reminded of that horrible experience.

Horrible experience - yes

But those approaching the 12th hour of their childbearing years would keep it especially if it turns out to be their one and only biological chance at motherhood..

1 Like

Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by mr1759: 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Really?
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by edwife(f): 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
EfemenaXY:

But those approaching the 12th hour of their childbearing years would keep it especially if it turns out to be the one and only biological chance at motherhood..,

Yes but not all efe. There are many who will rather remain childless than to think of conceiving for a criminal. I , particularly would have adopted kids and will never want to have a kid after 45.

If the same woman is raped by a mad man, should she still keep the baby? Because for me it's the same.
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by mr1759: 9:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Really?

can you remember what happen in the case of Issac and Ishmael , as strong as Sarah she could not stand a bold child growing side by side with the child of destiny not to talk ordinary we
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by mr1759: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
edwife:

Yes but not all efe. There are many who will rather remain childless than to think of conceiving for a criminal. I , particularly would have adopted kids and will never want to have a kid after 45.

If the same woman is raped by a mad man, should she still keep the baby? Because for me it's the same.

I love Ur point, but some naive girls will say is murder to go thru abortion as a Christian as such keep the child that will destroy their happiness for life
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
EfemenaXY:

But those approaching the 12th hour of their childbearing years would keep it especially if it turns out to be their one and only biological chance at motherhood..

But if these people have waited till 12th hour then they would know better.... If she keeps the baby she will lose her husband. What do you think is more important in this scenario?!

Having a baby by some criminals who raped her?! That baby will suffer anytime this women get reminded of the trauma she went through
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by EfemenaXY: 12:03am On Jul 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

But if these people have waited till 12th hour then they would know better.... If she keeps the baby she will lose her husband. What do you think is more important in this scenario?!

Having a baby by some criminals who raped her?! That baby will suffer anytime this women get reminded of the trauma she went through

When push comes to shove, a desperate woman yearning to have her own biological child will choose having that child (saying no to abortion) over the ego of the husband.

The child afterall didn't ask to be conceived, so the effect of the unfortunate circumstances surrounding its conception will wane over time.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by EfemenaXY: 12:06am On Jul 15, 2017
mr1759:

I love Ur point, but some naive girls will say is murder to go thru abortion as a Christian as such keep the child that will destroy their happiness for life

What girls? I'm referring to women on the brink of menopause.

What happiness?

You think a childless married woman in Nigeria will call such a marriage a happy one? I'm referring to a woman in her late 40's married for 20+ years.
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:23am On Jul 15, 2017
EfemenaXY:

When push comes to shove, a desperate woman yearning to have her own biological child will choose having that child (saying no to abortion) over the ego of the husband.

That's not ego, that's dealing with a traumatic incident... The 1st issue when a rape occurs is to A) take the anti HIV drug called PEP and B) to take a morning after pill to flush out any criminal seed, and finally C) to get proper emotional help to deal with the trauma.

The child afterall didn't ask to be conceived, so the effect of the unfortunate circumstances surrounding its conception will wane over time.

Anyone thinking that just having the child would solve anything, while baby's face will remind this psychologically damaged mother EVERYDAY of the nightmare she went through, is wrong. That child may be abused, seriously lack love and affection, and grow unwanted and uncared for.
That's a demon child to many, and the 1st sign of trouble will be blamed on that poor unwanted child.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by SURElee(f): 1:11am On Jul 15, 2017
Biko, whatever happened to taking the woman to the hospital to get her checked first? A woman who was kidnapped and raped doesn't need to be told speak up on release to hit the hospital straight up. Make nobody come quote bibeli for me here, me sef sabi my bible.
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by mr1759: 6:41am On Jul 15, 2017
SURElee:
Biko, whatever happened to taking the woman to the hospital to get her checked first? A woman who was kidnapped and raped doesn't need to be told speak up on release to hit the hospital straight up. Make nobody come quote bibeli for me here, me sef sabi my bible.

we are looking at a victim who spent close to one month with those who adopted her at least she will know then she pregnant, so you going to hospital then is not to prevent anymore but to abort
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by EfemenaXY: 9:29am On Jul 15, 2017
edwife:

In Nigeria, adoption is still very much stigmatised - especially if the couple (moreso the woman) haven't / hasn't got any kids of their own.

So the decision to keep the child is not as clear cut as you might think.
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by EfemenaXY: 9:43am On Jul 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

That's not ego, that's dealing with a traumatic incident... The 1st issue when a rape occurs is to A) take the anti HIV drug called PEP and B) to take a morning after pill to flush out any criminal seed, and finally C) to get proper emotional help to deal with the trauma.

I think this nullifies points A and B:

mr1759:

we are looking at a victim who spent close to one month with those who adopted her at least she will know then she pregnant, so you going to hospital then is not to prevent anymore but to abort

Re: point C - ever heard the adage Every cloud has got its silver lining? Projected from the angle of a pre menopausal woman who's spent decades (and her life savings) on expensive, unsuccessful IVF treatments trying to conceive.

Anyone thinking that just having the child would solve anything, while baby's face will remind this psychologically damaged mother EVERYDAY of the nightmare she went through, is wrong. That child may be abused, seriously lack love and affection, and grow unwanted and uncared for.
That's a demon child to many, and the 1st sign of trouble will be blamed on that poor unwanted child.

Highly unlikely. Especially if there aren't any other kids in the picture and no chance of there being any for the woman.

No one prays for such evil to befall them, but if it does - given the circumstances described above - you just handle the cards life's dealt you with.
Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by cococandy(f): 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
You never know with people. She may end up loving the child. It's not set in stone. She might take it as the one good thing that came out of the traumatic experience.

As for me, I'd die first before I give life to any rapist's child. but that ls just me.

MrBrownJay1:

Re: What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping by mr1759: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2017
cococandy:
You never know with people. She may end up loving the child. It's not set in stone. She might take it as the one good thing that came out of the traumatic experience.

As for me, I'd die first before I give life to any rapist's child. but that ls just me.

sister I can read Ur mind,

but things they happen shall.

I know of a woman that was kidnap and rape severally , if u see her body mark they use in beating her u will cry for her maybe she quick gree for them

(1) (Reply)

TVC Host Breaks Down In Tears, Apologizes To Her Husband Live On TV Over 'child / Born Again?? Single?? Get In! / Please Advise Me On This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.