Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary (44529 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman, Enakimio, Graduates From Covenant University With Masters / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by queenfav(f): 5:14am On Jul 15, 2017
Lol.. I feel for those paying for LL. M abroad. Law firms don't give a damn about that, totally useless in legal practice! What they care about is how strong your trial advocacy and drafting skills are. If you like get Havard LL. M, the average law firm's Principal won't be rolling out a red carpet for you.Even if i feel like doing masters, it won't be in law. Market when no get gain, dem no dey invest put na? In my opinion, legal career in Nigeria takes a lot of blood, sweat and years of being the underdog. I don't have that patience, that was why i started a business. I am just counting down to the end of this year when i would dump my wig and gown, then face my business. Like falz said "no regrets, na this one pay pass!" My mum would only cry and cry, that i want to be selling hair full time.. I will point her in the direction of celebs who never saw a court room and are doing very well. The passion to practice law started dying when i was job hunting.. Asked myself, how can i give 7 years of my life to something and i can't be sure of a decent paycheck of at least 100k?Ejoor, i like the baby girl lifestyle, i cannot come and go and die of poverty onto lawyer work !

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Pylony(m): 6:16am On Jul 15, 2017
Una dey complain, were the Jobs sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Pylony(m): 6:28am On Jul 15, 2017
queenfav:
Lol.. I feel for those paying for LL. M abroad. Law firms don't give a damn about that, totally useless in legal practice! What they care about is how strong your trial advocacy and drafting skills are. If you like get Havard LL. M, the average law firm's Principal won't be rolling out a red carpet for you.Even if i feel like doing masters, it won't be in law. Market when no get gain, dem no dey invest put na? In my opinion, legal career in Nigeria takes a lot of blood, sweat and years of being the underdog. I don't have that patience, that was why i started a business. I am just counting down to the end of this year when i would dump my wig and gown, then face my business. Like falz said "no regrets, na this one pay pass!" My mum would only cry and cry, that i want to be selling hair full time.. I will point her in the direction of celebs who never saw a court room and are doing very well. The passion to practice law started dying when i was job hunting.. Asked myself, how can i give 7 years of my life to something and i can't be sure of a decent paycheck of at least 100k?Ejoor, i like the baby girl lifestyle, i cannot come and go and die of poverty onto lawyer work !
True talk, the legal profession in this country gets a bit trendier once after Elections, as Politicians dance in disagreements here and there, that's when some lucky lawyers gets to feed from their palms.
And may your hustles continue to put bread on the table, it's high time graduates start thinking inwards at to, how to be their own boss doing something worthwhile rather than waste off years in the name of job search, like searching for X in a maths problem that is already unknown.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by idu1(m): 7:27am On Jul 15, 2017
queenfav:

What' does it be takes to have a lawyer on standby in case there's wahala?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Chelseafan1: 10:58am On Jul 15, 2017
funlord:

A bottle of black label, 1 vodka, a few cokes and a few plates of chicken wings at a standard club on a friday night na him be person salary for 30 days of hard labour?

Naija I hail! undecided

I never check ur moniker b4 my mind tell me say ds guy dey talk like funlord, lo and behold! Na u grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by jaychubi: 11:07am On Jul 15, 2017
Lol she is even lucky to see sth to start with, most lawyers with UK masters are jobless take a trip to CAC Abuja n u will understand.

Most fresh lawyers earn b/w 20 to 50k in law firm, but if u are allowed to do ur briefs u will make more sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Chelseafan1: 11:08am On Jul 15, 2017
martyns303:

Because you expected to leave the UK soon as u r done with ur studies, unlike the US and Canada.

Nigerians need to understand that tartiary is not the only way of education or how to get employed. I know of someone taking home N1.2m per month salary without ever seen the corridor of a university.

Lol, na ds kind news dey burst my brain, what does he do abeg

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by empire2017(m): 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
Each and every employer has the RIGHt to decide what they will offer their employees... And if that UK Master holder doesn't like it then she should go apply for ANOTHER JOB.

The reality is that A) There are many people in Nigeria who will accept this job, B) there are many Locally graduated lawyers who will PERFECTLY do the job required and C) just because someone has a UK master does NOT mean they would do a better job or should receive a better salary.

The top graduated lawyer of any 9ja establishment would be way better than some 50/50 UK master holder
thumb up for u joor..Let her go nd yash down if she does not like the offer..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Teedawg: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
some Nigerians are very arrogant and pathetic people i wished i could use my time to mention all you ops above.. you are still the one that will insult people abroad that if they love their country they should come home and contribute their Quota now someone has comeback to add to the development with her knowledge and skills and you are the ones saying she should go back to the UK or should have gotten a job there.... how will she accept a job that pays 35k to a graduate degree holder is that human like? but you guys will still act blind and be cheated the succumbed to live like animals because Its a normal thing to you accepting a fate animals will rather be Sluttered than live in wuna suffernes never start

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Kescott(m): 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
martyns303:

Because you expected to leave the UK soon as u r done with ur studies, unlike the US and Canada.

Nigerians need to understand that tartiary is not the only way of education or how to get employed. I know of someone taking home N1.2m per month salary without ever seen the corridor of a university.
For real, share info with me abeg..
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by samtol4(m): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
UK immigration policies does not favour immigrant .Once you done you are expected back to your country unless a miracle job appear . That is why Canada ,Australia and USA remain best place for employment opportunities .In Nigeria we place emphasis on certificate while advanced countries look at practical skills that can solve problem then certificate . By 2019 according Canadian govt 180k IT experts will be needed,not graduate without practical skills

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by samtol4(m): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
Kescott:

For real, share info with me abeg..
Get IT skills and your struggles over
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by femi4: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:
So because she schooled in UK she automatically should be given a blank check as salary? Haba she must earn am naaaa angry
abi o

Master is Master whether its from UK or Osogbo

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Kescott(m): 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
samtol4:

I have four years of IT skills (server installation, management and maintenance, IT support including repairs, CSR, etc)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Kescott(m): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
samtol4:
And my experience is foreign based
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by ALAYORMII: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
Each and every employer has the RIGHt to decide what they will offer their employees... And if that UK Master holder doesn't like it then she should go apply for ANOTHER JOB.

The reality is that A) There are many people in Nigeria who will accept this job, B) there are many Locally graduated lawyers who will PERFECTLY do the job required and C) just because someone has a UK master does NOT mean they would do a better job or should receive a better salary.

The top graduated lawyer of any 9ja establishment would be way better than some 50/50 UK master holder

Is he talking about the sky she finished from or the meagre remuneration being offered

Suffering and smiling

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by selfmadeboss: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
peple still dey waste money for abroad university for nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Gabrielolusesan(m): 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
I wonder whynthe lady came back in the first place to Nigeria in search for job.

She should just get her ass back to where she is coming from.

I promise that Nigeria will beg for her when she is making the name out there.

for your information.
we want to #scrap9ja

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by MrTour: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
Why would you spend thousands of £s in the UK and return to Nigeria to look for a complementary job "misplaced priorities".

I comfortably earn N950K per month in the same UK.

feranmi400:
Twitter user @OgbeniDipo disclosed this on his handle as he expressed his anger at the poor salary being offered to some Nigerian graduates by some employees.

Source: http://www.flexygist.net/2017/07/14/nigerian-lady-with-masters-in-law-from-a-uk-university-offered-n35k-as-salary/

cc; lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by 234ng44uk(m): 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
Na so. At least she got an offer. Yours truly was simply told on several occasions that "we know you can't stay with us here", not wanting to present me with the ridiculous salary.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by obindomanya(m): 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol
Thank God for my course
The starting salary is 110k
ATTENTION SEEKER. got lots 2 do with inferiority complex

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Start small, acquire experience and determine the next step after you have gotten knowledge of what you are doing. Schooling abroad is no big deal if you work for government like I do where you schooled is inconsequential, two of my close friends that schooled in the UK are currently unemployed, if you don't like Nigeria immigrate to a country that needs your presence. My barrister friends that work for SAN law firms earn next to nothing, law is only lucrative when you have your own practise and clientele

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by hatchy(f): 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
Just Negodu!

Aren't you lucky to found a job and you are complaining.

Continue grumbling that you have no shoes until you meet someone without feet.

Welcome to Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by ivolt: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Stay at home or start your own business,
your degree is just another paper.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by mapist(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:
So because she schooled in UK she automatically should be given a blank check as salary? Haba she must earn am naaaa angry

Beautiful response; Since 35k is too small, she could otherwise set up her firm since she is rich enough to own and maintain a car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by 0b100100111: 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
UK degrees has expired in Nigeria

Is all about who u know now!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by muller101(m): 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Lol, na ds kind news dey burst my brain, what does he do abeg
kidnapping
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Slymonster(m): 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
the money some Nigerians families use in sponsoring there kids or relation for master's abroad is crazy. If you put that on a proper business for that relation or kid. Great things would happen.

Anyway more money for Embassy. The money they make from Nigeria is sweet.Some have been rejected 5 times but still never give up.

Who goes to u.k for master's again?

Weird country

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Dipsong: 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:
Lolz dont mind them they should have seen this coming , toronto certificate aint got no ground in dis country matter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by LOSKYXANDER: 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
martyns303:

Abeg what is the person doing
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by magnificient7: 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
I am highly disappointed at the many "inconsiderate" and "sentimental" comments above.

firstly, we don't know what the futures holds, so the best we could do is to make a choice and hope its d best for the future. she made a choice to travel to UK for an MSc for a better future, which I know most people here will even curse Nigeria just to get an opportunity to study in the UK, and here we are bashing her for that choice.

secondly, instead of address the perturbing and highly distressing situation an average youth in Nigeria is in, we are throwing tantrums.

If she is your sis, will you still say exactly wat u just said

Truth be told, NO ONE KNOWS THE FUTURE, WHETHER TO STUDY ICT OR LAW OR MEDICINE OR ENGR, THE BEST WE CAN ONLY DO IS TO MAKE A CHOICE WE CONSIDER THE BEST AND PRAY IT WORKS OUT AS THE BEST.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Deadshot(m): 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
generationz:
Lol Dr dipo continue deceiving yourself and your sister
You could have told her to do her background check very well before going for her masters about who masters help? Except you want to lecture

What was she doing during nysc and law school internship? slaying I guess

That was the time she could have begun hustling, experience is what builds knowledge and confidence the hallmark of any lawyer even if you no get shishi yet

My friends sister just got another job (a lawyer) and she's being paid 50k

Even in law firms that they pay 70-100k they will so use you you will ask yourself why

The idea is to gain as much experience and network in the first few years
Law firms don't really pay that much cause they believe you are all colleagues and you can only give them stipends for transportation

Who b this one undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Maiduguri Student Removes Shoes To Enter Lecturer's Office / How I Survived Last Semester” – University Student Hides Soup Inside Toothpaste / A Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In UMYU, Katsina (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.