Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary (44536 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman, Enakimio, Graduates From Covenant University With Masters / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by sharpwriter(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
MrTour:
Why would you spend thousands of £s in the UK and return to Nigeria to look for a complementary job "misplaced priorities".

I comfortably earn N950K per month in the same UK.

Wow...Bros, abeg, show yur boy the way na....pls o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by samtol4(m): 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
Kescott:

I have four years of IT skills (server installation, management and maintenance, IT support including repairs, CSR, etc)
Then you are on solid ground sir

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Gamesmart: 11:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
Boscolo:

Is not like that bro, the truth is that most employers are using the unemployment situation in the country to 'milk' the youth. It's so painful that there is no labour law in Nigeria so any body can do whatever he or she wants because he/she is an employer. We should know that there are private employers in other countries but they abide with the laws of labour and won't pay 'shit' to pple, but in Nigeria anything goes, the worst part is that fellow Nigerians ll be the one saying that; he owns his job and he can do whatever he wants ...what!!!!

The day I know that Nigeria is 'sick' was when a friend with HND, BEng (UK), Msc (UK) , CCNA. applied for a lecturing job in a private Polytechnic he was offered N30k. So, my dear what ll you say about that ...

What labour law do they have in other countries that you think is not in Nigeria and you would like to see in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Gamesmart: 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
Ezechinwa:

Typical Nigerian mentality,
Always praying and hoping without action.
This thing called religion has made lots of Africans mentally lazy to come up with optimal solutions.

Prayers won't fix bad roads
It won't build schools nor hospitals
It won't fight or stop corrupt politicians from stealing
Action + prayers will

Well said!

Useless mentality that is not even worth paying anyone with it N5,000 a month.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Jdougha(m): 2:47pm On Jul 17, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Obviously you are NOT an employer... If I ever advertise for a position and many COMPETENT jobseekers are applying for that said position, why the hell should I suddenly decide to pay more? You think only employees are affected by the bad economy?! Open your mind!!
. What is your point exactly,
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Jdougha(m): 2:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

do you even know what an expat is?!
Someone around the world is offered a Job abroad, with a salary matching the salary where they live. These same expats can ACCEPT or REFUSE these jobs if they desire, but because they are employed from their own country's ECONOMY, they will receive a salary befitting. Why on earth would you even expect someone in Nigeria to be pAid the same salary as an expat?! If the company believed there was a competent local to do the job then They wouldn't hire a more expensive expat, duh!

To even want to compare yourself with an expat is the height of foolishness.... Like a gateman complaining because the CEO receives a bigger salary, bwaaaaaaah!
again you still don't get the point and explaining to you is rather a daunting task, however lemme educate you a bit, if you can pay an expatriate that much because of his intellect and for the same reason you've employed him/her, what stops you from paying someone you employed at least something reasonable not that peanut.... And yes I clearly understand the difference, only that most employers play on the sentiment of you don't take it someone else will... So please try and balance your argument...
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Kescott(m): 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
samtol4:
Then you are on solid ground sir
My issue is recruiters are afraid of people with foreign degrees and first class, since I came back, have been looking for one, the ones I see try to give peanuts, though I need the job but can't settle for something too low as it is difficult to leave a job in Nigeria where jobs ain't enough
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:29am On Jul 18, 2017
Jdougha:
again you still don't get the point and explaining to you is rather a daunting task, however lemme educate you a bit, if you can pay an expatriate that much because of his intellect and for the same reason you've employed him/her, what stops you from paying someone you employed at least something reasonable not that peanut.... And yes I clearly understand the difference, only that most employers play on the sentiment of you don't take it someone else will... So please try and balance your argument...

Bro, you think these multinational companies come to Africa for sentiments?! Pls wake the hell up... They come to MAKE MONEY! So if they fully well know that they can get a good employes for 35k, why the hell would you expect them to pay more?! If you were the owner of that company, would you?! Does Dangote pay his workers any more? Let's be real bro.

Jdougha:
. What is your point exactly,

Very simple: why pay 36k ( let alone 50K) for a position that you fully well know 100s will gladly accept to do for 35k?! It's business, not a sentimental fair.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by TheVictorious(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
vicfuntop:
Statsocial, thevictorious, victornezzar, creamymoltenlar and Sexybbstar, what can you say here

It will be better for that individual to start with the job than sit at home (particularly is the transportation and feeding can be guaranteed). People get paid for what they can do, and not necessarily the qualification(s) they possess. Besides it is easier for someone who is already working to land a better job than one who has never even entered the labor market at all.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Jdougha(m): 9:02am On Jul 20, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Bro, you think these multinational companies come to Africa for sentiments?! Pls wake the hell up... They come to MAKE MONEY! So if they fully well know that they can get a good employes for 35k, why the hell would you expect them to pay more?! If you were the owner of that company, would you?! Does Dangote pay his workers any more? Let's be real bro.

Very simple: why pay 36k ( let alone 50K) for a position that you fully well know 100s will gladly accept to do for 35k?! It's business, not a sentimental fair.
that's exactly my point, because they play on the sentiment of if you don't someone else will, however it's why the country is in the shape it is

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2016/2017 NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates. / University Of Maiduguri Student Removes Shoes To Enter Lecturer's Office / A Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In UMYU, Katsina (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.