Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary (44524 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman, Enakimio, Graduates From Covenant University With Masters / Pastor Adeyemi's Daughter Graduates With Masters Degree In Law In US / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by TheEminentLaity: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
You still added prayers again undecided How's yours different from the typical mentality? cheesy
Ezechinwa:

Typical Nigerian mentality,
Always praying and hoping without action.
This thing called religion has made lots of Africans mentally lazy to come up with optimal solutions.

Prayers won't fix bad roads
It won't build schools nor hospitals
It won't fight or stop corrupt politicians from stealing
Action + prayers will

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ezechinwa:

Typical Nigerian mentality,
Always praying and hoping without action.
This thing called religion has made lots of Africans mentally lazy to come up with optimal solutions.

Prayers won't fix bad roads
It won't build schools nor hospitals
It won't fight or stop corrupt politicians from stealing
Action + prayers will

Thanks for your observation Bro. Lesson learnt.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
Teedawg:
some Nigerians are very arrogant and pathetic people i wished i could use my time to mention all you ops above.. you are still the one that will insult people abroad that if they love their country they should come home and contribute their Quota now someone has comeback to add to the development with her knowledge and skills and you are the ones saying she should go back to the UK or should have gotten a job there.... how will she accept a job that pays 35k to a graduate degree holder is that human like? but you guys will still act blind and be cheated the succumbed to live like animals because Its a normal thing to you accepting a fate animals will rather be Sluttered than live in wuna suffernes never start

Thank you for being honest. Your comment is the most honest. All I see among the people commenting here is hating. It's annoying that the girls are doing more of it
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nathanieloo7(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
soo? She must earn it na,jus because she schooled in london doesnt mean she should walk tru d back door na
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
It's different when companies are trying to stay afloat, but most times these companies rake in millions and refuse to remunerate their workers well. It's a shame
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
magnificient7:
I am highly disappointed at the many "inconsiderate" and "sentimental" comments above.

firstly, we don't know what the futures holds, so the best we could do is to make a choice and hope its d best for the future. she made a choice to travel to UK for an MSc for a better future, which I know most people here will even curse Nigeria just to get an opportunity to study in the UK, and here we are bashing her for that choice.

secondly, instead of address the perturbing and highly distressing situation an average youth in Nigeria is in, we are throwing tantrums.

If she is your sis, will you still say exactly wat u just said

Truth be told, NO ONE KNOWS THE FUTURE, WHETHER TO STUDY ICT OR LAW OR MEDICINE OR ENGR, THE BEST WE CAN ONLY DO IS TO MAKE A CHOICE WE CONSIDER THE BEST AND PRAY IT WORKS OUT AS THE BEST.

The only honest comment is from you and Teedawg. All I see is hating especially the females

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by UncleJudax(m): 6:15pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nikbaebrown:
Since She Studied In The UK, Then What Stops Her From Getting A Job There
If you you have no clue about something, don't blab. The current situation in UK is study and leave! Don't stay back!

Na only politicians and connected people kids suppose de go UK., As you de finish, job de wait you for Naija.

Any normal person wey still wan go UK go blow pounds, na OYO.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Alonzo360(m): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
At least she got an offer.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by khristal87(m): 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
Its common among junior lawyers...dey do nt ve any practicing experience so dey ve to learn unda d chamber of an ecperienced laywer, yet dey re stil paid stippends....count nt d money bt d experience, afta two yrs she mst ve gathered enough experience n clients to open her own chamber.............
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by cuntento(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
Thread is filled with haters having nothing better to do than hate. Na her fault say most of una no fit afford a UK masters degree? LMFAO
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by SIRmono(m): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
MOTHER EARTH HAS NEVER FAILD US,,DO NOT DEPEND ON OIL & GAS. MAKE MONEY FROM AGRICULTURE VISIT WWW.MONROLEGLOBAL.COM FREE SEMINAR HOLDS ON 19-07-2017,TIME 1.OCLOCK @ NO 35 POUND ROAD(NUT PLAZA,3RD FLOOR)ABA, ABIA STATE...CALL 08039657755....

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Jdougha(m): 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!
Each and every employer has the RIGHt to decide what they will offer their employees... And if that UK Master holder doesn't like it then she should go apply for ANOTHER JOB.

The reality is that A) There are many people in Nigeria who will accept this job, B) there are many Locally graduated lawyers who will PERFECTLY do the job required and C) just because someone has a UK master does NOT mean they would do a better job or should receive a better salary.

top graduated lawyer of any 9ja establishment would be way better than some 50/50 UK master holder
you see people like are the main reason why employers would offer that peanut, because you don't know your worth, first off its not about whether she attended a foreign university for her Masters, the point is some employers play on this very fact that there are lots of people out there that will accept it hence they offer such nonsense,
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Jdougha(m): 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
generationz:
Lol Dr dipo continue deceiving yourself and your sister
You could have told her to do her background check very well before going for her masters about who masters help? Except you want to lecture

What was she doing during nysc and law school internship? slaying I guess

That was the time she could have begun hustling, experience is what builds knowledge and confidence the hallmark of any lawyer even if you no get shishi yet

My friends sister just got another job (a lawyer) and she's being paid 50k

Even in law firms that they pay 70-100k they will so use you you will ask yourself why

The idea is to gain as much experience and network in the first few years
Law firms don't really pay that much cause they believe you are all colleagues and you can only give them stipends for transportation
ask yourself if you have made sense in what you typed... Do you know how much some of this foreign companies pay expatriate..... The problem of Nigeria is NIGERIANS themselves,

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by naturefellow(m): 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
dingbang:
The witchcraft is strong....
smh @ you
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
Jdougha:
you see people like are the main reason why employers would offer that peanut, because you don't know your worth, first off its not about whether she attended a foreign university for her Masters, the point is some employers play on this very fact that there are lots of people out there that will accept it hence they offer such nonsense,

Obviously you are NOT an employer... If I ever advertise for a position and many COMPETENT jobseekers are applying for that said position, why the hell should I suddenly decide to pay more? You think only employees are affected by the bad economy?! Open your mind!!
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by damsel005: 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol
Thank God for my course
The starting salary is 110k
lol what is the course?
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Seankay323: 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
THERE YOU GO, NO POINT STAYING IN THE UK WHERE THE LAW PRACTICE THERE IS I GUESS DIFFERENT TO OURS KNOWING FULLY WELL SHE DID HER LAW DEGREE IN NIGERIA. MASTERS DEGREE IS A WASTE IN THE UK WITHOUT PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE IN THAT PARTICULAR FIELD. THOSE UNIVERSITIES AND THE UK I MUST SAY ARE JUST OUT TO RIP PEOPLE OFF IF THEY CAN. I WOULD ADVISE JUST TAKE THE SALARY IF U ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT LAW IF NOT LEAVE IT O AND FIND UR PASSIONS AND BUILD IT UP OR GET A BETTER PAYING JOB. I MUST SAY THAT GOING ABROAD IS NOT A WASTE , FORGET THE DEGREE THE EXPERIENCE OF LIVING ABROAD AND LEARNING NEW CULTURE , MIXING WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS FAR OUTWEIGHS THE NEGATIVE SIDE. U BASICALLY LEARN SKILLS OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM WHICH ARE REALLY GREAT I THINK.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
Jdougha:
ask yourself if you have made sense in what you typed... Do you know how much some of this foreign companies pay expatriate..... The problem of Nigeria is NIGERIANS themselves,

do you even know what an expat is?!
Someone around the world is offered a Job abroad, with a salary matching the salary where they live. These same expats can ACCEPT or REFUSE these jobs if they desire, but because they are employed from their own country's ECONOMY, they will receive a salary befitting. Why on earth would you even expect someone in Nigeria to be pAid the same salary as an expat?! If the company believed there was a competent local to do the job then They wouldn't hire a more expensive expat, duh!

To even want to compare yourself with an expat is the height of foolishness.... Like a gateman complaining because the CEO receives a bigger salary, bwaaaaaaah!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by dingbang(m): 7:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
naturefellow:
smh @ you
or at yourself
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by ifewise(m): 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
I got my 1st Job 2 years ago and my starting salary was 15k.This Nigeria we dey try Enslave each other.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
Statsocial, thevictorious, victornezzar, creamymoltenlar and Sexybbstar, what can you say here
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Ebosman: 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
DALE917:
Lol
Thank God for my course
The starting salary is 110k
Mtcheew. When people who read better course are talking, this attention seeking nurse in 200level is also talking. Mtcheew
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nyela(m): 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
bigtt76:
So because she schooled in UK she automatically should be given a blank check as salary? Haba she must earn am naaaa angry
oh come on, wat is ur point, did you even read the whole piece... for God sake the key word there is that the person in a question is a graduate... well I would'nt be surprised given your comment, you probably have'nt been considered for a job with a take home pay as that....... Nevertheless, you should show some sense of objectivity.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Humility017(m): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nikbaebrown:
Since She Studied In The UK, Then What Stops Her From Getting A Job There
The English law won't tolerate her stay further she will treated as illegal immigrants. ...
Her paper's must have expired

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Gerrard59(m): 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
Boscolo:

The day I know that Nigeria is 'sick' was when a friend with HND, BEng (UK), Msc (UK) , CCNA. applied for a lecturing job in a private Polytechnic he was offered N30k. So, my dear what ll you say about that ...

Appalling. Very bad and degrading. However, persons with the right qualifications should mind the kind of companies they apply to. Not every company deserves to be sent a CV with outstanding qualifications.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by bigtt76(f): 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
Fortunately enough, I'm a graduate and had my Masters from a UK university. I also earn a 6 digit salary but above all, I grew through the ranks and did not believe because I have a foreign degree I should be given a blank check. I earned every bit of my worth. Hope you earn yours too.

Nyela:

oh come on, wat is ur point, did you even read the whole piece... for God sake the key word there is that the person in a question is a graduate... well I would'nt be surprised given your comment, you probably have'nt been considered for a job with a take home pay as that....... Nevertheless, you should show some sense of objectivity.
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Gerrard59(m): 8:15pm On Jul 15, 2017
vicfuntop:

The only honest comment is from you and Teedawg. All I see is hating especially the females

Personally, I cannot hate someone who achieves positively in life talk more on academics. However, looking at it objectively, a business cannot pay her staff more than she can afford. It's simple economics.

Secondly, from my knowledge about career, corporate Nigeria and academics. It's not advisable to further immediately after UG studies. A lot comes to furthering one's education, it requires an afterthought about the investment made. The UK is a 'bad market' for added degrees unless in top institutions, especially for those who desire to work there after studies.

Another factor that plays a role in pay is location. Pay in Lagos cannot be same in Calabar. Simple economics.

It's also wrong for some commenters to say she should open her law firm, as not everyone can or desires to be an entrepreneur.

Nevertheless, it's an unfortunate situation.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 15, 2017
Gerrard59:

Personally, I cannot hate someone who achieves positively in life talk more on academics. However, looking at it objectively, a business cannot pay her staff more than she can afford. It's simple economics.

Secondly, from my knowledge about career, corporate Nigeria and academics. It's not advisable to further immediately after UG studies. A lot comes to furthering one's education, it requires an afterthought about the investment made. The UK is a 'bad market' for added degrees unless in top institutions, especially for those who desire to work there after studies.

Another factor that plays a role in pay is location. Pay in Lagos cannot be same in Calabar. Simple economics.

It's also wrong for some commenters to say she should open her law firm, as not everyone can or desires to be an entrepreneur.

Nevertheless, it's an unfortunate situation.

Why is the UK a bad market? Care to enumerate

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by ghuzy01: 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
idu1:
OK you are nursing student. No one ll pay you 110k.

Fresh graduate of general nursing salary is 50-70k in private hospitals.
In Lagos tho,in ibadan,she will earn between 30-40k in private hospitals,hopefully she has a bsc in nursing.She never know anything.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Gerrard59(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
vicfuntop:

Why is the UK a bad market? Care to enumerate

It's a 'bad market' because you will not be allowed to work immediately after your studies unless one is fortunate and quick enough to get a job. The data I checked months back indicated an annual salary above £20K, which IMO majorly top firms pay to ET staff. Now, these firms will likely employ you if you finish from a Russell Group University (best of UK's universities). There is a clause which says unless no British citizen has been found that can be employed instead of a foreigner, then you can recruit.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/jul/02/get-a-job-or-get-out-the-tough-reality-for-international-students

http://www.ed.ac.uk/global/immigration/working-in-the-uk/after-studies

It's important to note that the company you apply to is eligible to sponsor your visa to stay after your student's visa expires. I have senior colleagues who dread going to the UK because of the high costs, low availability of scholarships, might not find work within the period (4 months) and these are brilliant individuals. Only one with a First in Chemistry desires the UK experience. On the other hand, he targets only the top five, which unfortunately, Sussex is not among. However, I cannot blame the UK. It's their country and they reserve the right to govern it the way they deem fit.

The US, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Canada and parts of Asia (Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and China) remains the best (you can study and remain).

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
Gerrard59:

It's a 'bad market' because you will not be allowed to work immediately after your studies unless one is fortunate and quick enough to get a job. The data I checked months back indicated an annual salary above £20K, which IMO majorly top firms pay to ET staff. Now, these firms will likely employ you if you finish from a Russell Group University (best of UK's universities). There is a clause which says unless no British citizen has been found that can be employed instead of a foreigner, then you can recruit.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/jul/02/get-a-job-or-get-out-the-tough-reality-for-international-students

It's important to note that the company you apply to is eligible to sponsor your visa to stay after your student's visa expires. I have senior colleagues who dread going to the UK because of the high costs, low availability of scholarships, might not find work within the period (4 months) and these are brilliant individuals. Only one with a First in Chemistry desires the UK experience. On the other hand, he targets only the top five, which unfortunately, Sussex is not among.

The US, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Canada and parts of Asia (Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and China) remains the best (you can study and remain).

I plan to migrate to either Canada or US when I am done. I was just asking. Thank you for being honest
Re: Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary by Ezionye(f): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
idu1:
which is it?

That shd be political science

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Maiduguri Student Removes Shoes To Enter Lecturer's Office / How I Survived Last Semester” – University Student Hides Soup Inside Toothpaste / A Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In UMYU, Katsina (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.