Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG (29342 Views)

Top 10 Most Richest Beggars In The World (no. 1 Will Shock You) / Photos Of Beautiful Child Beggars In Calabar Go Viral / Is It Good To Collect Change From Beggars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by seguno2: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
Billyonaire:
They said she is a slowpoke, and I doubted them, now she has proven that she is a complete idiot.

Begging and Alms giving fall under Charitable Acts. Charities are not taxed, it is a Non-Profit Vehicle.

By taxing street begging, you institutionalize street begging and legalize them.

Street begging is a symptom of Failure of Government, then you want to institutionalize your failure, Mrs Kemi, I ask you, are you nuts ?

Is she nuts ?

If madam phonetics wants to tax charities, should she not start with mosques, churches and shrines
The woman is empty walahi.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by banmee(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
SmartMugu:
This is funniest thing I've heard this year grin grin grin . FG must be the newest set of comedians in town grin grin grin Beggars paying taxes grin grin grin grin Abeg somebody help me stop laughing grin grin grin grin.
Abeg which mumu for Aso rock abi na Senate building come up with yeye idea abeg? You know how many beggars dey Nigeria now? regular and corporate beggars. Over 30% of the population. Even some graduates with no job are now beggars. If all of them start riot, aso rock go feel am o. Make una just leave them for their corner jeje.

Under normal circumstances in a normal society, keyword here being "normal", what they are proposing is nor far fetched. Everyone who earns an income must be taxed. But, nigeria is not a normal country so what they are proposing does not make sense. For it to succeed you need a data base which Nigeria does not have. Plus, it is one of the most corrupt countries in the world and what would happen is it will be another avenue to harass and extort people. An official can simply point to anyone on the streets and claim that the individual is a beggar and attempt to tax him or her. What a phucked up country. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Lordcenturion2(m): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
This people are crazy, they can't ask those religion companies to pay taxes but beggers, idi*ts
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Unimaginable123: 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
I really can't believe this. What?! Beggar pay tax? Armed robbers will soon start paying tax in Nigeria
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by MadCow1: 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
lexy2014:
She said some beggars were earning millions and that “proceeds from begging are taxable. You are supposed to pay taxes even if your means of income is begging”. her own words bro not mine. so if this is d policy direction of d govt as far as tax is concerned, then what's good 4d goose is good 4d gander. after all, won't d govt make more from churches than from beggars?

Lol.. Yeah.. Once more you need to go look at our Tax Laws and speak to people who work in the Tax Offices to understand where she is coming from it that statement.

And how many "Beggars" do you know make a million?

Also this isn't about redrafting the Laws (Trust me I agree that all religious institutions should be taxed), she is simply speaking to those who falsify their earnings and sources of income to evade taxation. Any beggar that makes a Million is definitely within the taxable bracket.

Sometimes you need to read between the lines to get the message. She was not talking about the beggars you meet in traffic.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by SIRTee15: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2017
I guess most people didn't read the article, only commenting on the begging stuffs.,....
Full implementation of cashless policy and having a real national database will really help in proper taxation and preventing tax evasion......
It should also be a bottom to top approach rather than from federal level downwards....
Thus, local and state govt needs to be carried along if it will be successful...
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
seguno2:

If madam phonetics wants to tax charities, should she not start with mosques, churches and shrines
The woman is empty walahi.

She is less than empty. Her mental deficit is less than zero.

Where did failure Buhari locate armies of failures to run our country to a failed state ?

2 Likes

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
@lexy2014 You seriously believe this nonsense. How can a govt. that battles with collecting data even go about that? HOW?
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by SmartMugu: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
banmee:

Under normal circumstances in a normal society, keyword here being "normal", what they are proposing is nor far fetched. Everyone who earns an income must be taxed. But, nigeria is not a normal country so what they are proposing does not make sense. For it to succeed you need a data base which Nigeria does not have. Plus, it is one of the most corrupt countries in the world and what would happen is it will be another avenue to harass and extort people. An official can simply point to anyone on the streets and claim that the individual is a beggar and attempt to tax him or her. What a phucked up country. Smh.
Even the US and the UK that have databases of all their citizens don't have a database for their beggars. Nigeria with no database of the entire population wants to start taxing beggars. How's that possible? Yeye leaders with yeye mentality.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by lexy2014: 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@lexy2014 You seriously believe this nonsense. How can a govt. that battles with collecting data even go about that? HOW?
my brother d thing tire me. let's c how it plays out

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by tosyne2much(m): 12:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
This is very funny... Wrong priorities!
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by djbussy(m): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
Fear God Woman.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by AlamienDagash(m): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
Sum tin is telling me that end time is coming
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by zidek(m): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hw much will looters pay as tax, u re expecting the poor Nigerians to pay taxes for ur unmercy looting, may God have mercy on ur soul!
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
Many slow guys here think my earlier comment was in defence of the minister. MK would NEVER defend a member of the political class and it remains that way. It is simple,I see this latest statement from the minister as a joke and nothing more.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Teenaira: 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
I align with this. See , my brother can beg for money . Infact, I don't understand him again. When u start this taxation if he gives u wrong information, please let me know. I will expose him.

For my sister, she begs only once in a while. Because of that I usually give her more. Abeg, exempt her from your tax collection o. She is really a nice lady, I don't want any Aboki to dey use one kind eye to look her way.

Anyways, start from all the polithiefians you will get so much money that you will not bother to collect that my brother's own again.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by hatchy(f): 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
How dare you say such thing that the owners of Nigeria(Northerners) will pay tax from their job.

Kai! this woman na yamiri fa!

Toh, i go loose am for my affointment for minister when Baba Buhari i come back from Landan.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by NothingDoMe: 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
SmartMugu:
This is funniest thing I've heard this year grin grin grin . FG must be the newest set of comedians in town grin grin grin Beggars paying taxes grin grin grin grin Abeg somebody help me stop laughing grin grin grin grin.
Abeg which mumu for Aso rock abi na Senate building come up with yeye idea abeg? You know how many beggars dey Nigeria now? regular and corporate beggars. Over 30% of the population. Even some graduates with no job are now beggars. If all of them start riot at once, Aso rock and Senate go feel am o grin grin grin. Make una just leave them for their corner jeje.
Bros it's no longer funny. Its just demonic. Highly demonic.

1 Like

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by soflygerian(m): 12:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
Choi!!! This one weak me
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by lexy2014: 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
MadCow1:

Lol.. Yeah.. Once more you need to go look at our Tax Laws and speak to people who work in the Tax Offices to understand where she is coming from it that statement.

And how many "Beggars" do you know make a million?

Also this isn't about redrafting the Laws (Trust me I agree that all religious institutions should be taxed), she is simply speaking to those who falsify their earnings and sources of income to evade taxation. Any beggar that makes a Million is definitely within the taxable bracket.

Sometimes you need to read between the lines to get the message. She was not talking about the beggars you meet in traffic.
like I said b4 she was very very clear...[b].“proceeds from begging are taxable".[/b]thats simple that doesn't need 2 much interpretation. thats a policy statement. u dont need a Ph.d to understand that. she even went ahead 2 call begging a source of income. so my brother madam kemi has said it all. 4d beggars that make millions I don't no of any. It is madam we need 2 ask. She might no a few

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by eagleeye2: 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
lexy2014:
She said some beggars were earning millions and that “proceeds from begging are taxable. You are supposed to pay taxes even if your means of income is begging”. her own words bro not mine. so if this is d policy direction of d govt as far as tax is concerned, then what's good 4d goose is good 4d gander. after all, won't d govt make more from churches than from beggars?
You get energy to argue with that guy. He can defend the indefensible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by chiagozien(m): 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
if i hear say north support this make i bath naked.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ramanto:

I don't understand why this government is embarking on a drastic fiscal measure at this hardship period, rather than lowering taxes and boost the purchasing power of households.

This is in part due to nonchalance. Also, they're at their wit's end in regards to financing it's budget in the face of dwindling oil price. Ironically, major expenditures on the budget are the recurrent one - which caters to the bills of the very annoying national assembly and executive and a disproportionate few Nigerians in the government workforce.

The alternative will be to continue borrowing and let our children worry about payment in the future. Fitch's credit rating for Nigeria was last reported at B+ with negative outlook, which means we'll be borrowing at a high cost.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by feelgoodInc: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
beggars need to upgrade the hustle after all the south east and south South don't beg so they should find work.
mama peace said it our people no dey beg
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by frubben(m): 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
Wat type of country is dis olorun oooo undecided

Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by fumiswtpusy(f): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
TonyeBarcanista and Tosyn2much I hope you will start paying tax because both of you come online and act as good people ready to betray,dashed money or even outrightly beg
So be a good citizen and atleast start paying tax.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by ayagha: 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
CHAINNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by ephi123(f): 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
This is sooo funny. So those bowl carrying beggars will pay tax, how exactly?
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Kingspin(m): 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
You talk about the tax when you have not organize the country well. No road, water, power worst of it the economy look auto pilot inflation is every minutes yet people feel things will be alright just like that even without proper planning. Useless and empty leaders of Nigeria.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by Kingspin(m): 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
You talk about the tax when you have not organize the country well. No road, water, power worst of it the economy look auto pilot inflation is every minutes yet people feel things will be alright just like that even without proper planning. They left what they are suppose to do and be chasing shadows. Useless and empty leaders of Nigeria.
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by angusakpuogwu: 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
if we continue like this we are headed doom
Re: Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG by feelgoodInc: 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
Why beggars? Why not churches?
why not mosque too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'I Have Been Assaulted By Ladies Mostly' - Former Lagos Uber Driver Tweets / Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know / What Is That Bad Habit You Wish To Leave In 2017?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.